Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav Internal Security

Go down 
+7
Jætte_Troll
Pendragon
TheLightLost
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
CauldronBorn24
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:19 pm

I wasn't talking about just the police. I meant the setting in general, not just the police or military first, some people (I can only think of JT, but others may share his opinion) pretty much imply that a character with a club is stupid, and should be lugging a rifle instead. And yes, I've read the posts, but that doesn't change the fact that some people here have implied that any human character in Felarya should not use a melee weapon.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:20 pm

I'd say this is getting off topic. We're discussing security here, not the popularity of different weapons.

Anyway, I agree with you Sean that swords are overused. They aren't going to be that useful in the jungle. In Negav it would be useful as a sidearm for CQC. The sword has always been a sidearm.

Spears would be far more useful. They can keep your enemy back, or they can be thrown. Guns are going to be popular, but a crossbow can still kill someone, just watch out for the reload time. Due to bullet's size, magic bullets are going to be harder to make simply because there's less matter to enchant. But a crossbow bolt is much larger. It could have all sorts of enchantments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:20 am

Okay. Moving to another topic. Would the people at the gate be member of their own security division, or would they be an off-shoot of an already existing one.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Okay. Moving to another topic. Would the people at the gate be member of their own security division, or would they be an off-shoot of an already existing one.
Sean, you need to read more carefully. Cauldronborn already answered that in his reply to my thread reviving post:
Cauldronborn24 wrote:
Rather than a seperate organisation it may be a seperate department within the NP. Each gate into Negav would be lined with all manner of powerful scanners, these monitoring stations would be constantly manned. Should one of the scanners detect something, the person will be taken aside and any offended items removed, by force if necessary. Considering now vitial this job is I could see it being the only department within the NP which still uses ex-MSD officers to fill its ranks, if not for their experience then for their loyalty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:50 am

Quote :
To BA

Quite easy as they can meld with shadows however their ability to interact with the world around them in this state is rather limited and as soon as they're found out they are as good as dead; Negavians do not take kindly to predators. So while they can enter Negav it's going to be more trouble than its worth.

Yep. Negav's main defense from Dusk Nymphs is the fact that Dusk nymphs are so rare and only found in certain regions. The only way one would even have the chance to get to Negav is if she hitched a ride on an adventurer that came through her territory. I don't believe Dusk Nymphs are naturally found in the near-Negav area.

Quote :
I suppose he'd have training with a firearm, keep in mind, there aren't a lot of them. The firearms found mostly belong to people who came from a world where they were common, or the vishmitals. Or whatever. The point is guns are still rare, because those who have them horde them, and those who supply them would sell them to the special organizations probably. A device that uses magic to hurl a projectile of some kind may not be out of the question though.

Actually, guns are quite common. There are both melee weapon and firearms dealers in Negav, and it isn't hard to get either as long as you have money. Pistols and shotguns would be fairly common as self-defense weapons. Nearly everyone in Negav is armed in some form or another, it is very much an old west type of town in that regard.

The only weapons that get hoarded by the Magiocrats and Vishmitals are military-grade weapons, like rockets, high explosives and machine-guns. The average Negavian won't have those.

Quote :
Anyway, I agree with you Sean that swords are overused. They aren't going to be that useful in the jungle. In Negav it would be useful as a sidearm for CQC. The sword has always been a sidearm.

Yep, guns are often not that good when the enemy is right on top of you. Guns are also not perfect. They jam, and break sometimes. People are going to have knives, or other melee weapons as a fallback weapon.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 am

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
They'ed need to be very careful not to break cover; minipulating shadowes do dothings they wouldn't normally do will be noticed. Negavians aren't idiots they'll notice an occuring trend after a while and once the authorities know there is a Dusk Nymph about, they won't care what its intentions are they will track it down and kill it.
Well the idea is that once she got into the walls, she'd disguise herself as a humanoid with a lot of body covering clothing, then offer her services as an assassin to some rich clientele while playing "Vigilante" on the side to keep herself fed.

rcs619 wrote:
Yep. Negav's main defense from Dusk Nymphs is the fact that Dusk nymphs are so rare and only found in certain regions. The only way one would even have the chance to get to Negav is if she hitched a ride on an adventurer that came through her territory. I don't believe Dusk Nymphs are naturally found in the near-Negav area.
Indeed.
In fact, she got the idea to become "The Greatest Ninja Assassin Evar" when two bumbling newbie adventures stumbled through her hunting grounds and began arguing about Ninjas after she started to do her thing.
Having become enthralled by their passionate debating, she not only spared them, but stuck with them all the way back into Negav...

...Hmmm... perhaps I should even use these two to explain how she's gotten along so well inside the walls?
They help her adapt so she doesn't get found out and they don't end up lynched for letting a Dusk Nymph in.

Archmage_Bael wrote:
As cliche as it sounds, Bael's sword is enchanted, it's more effective than a normal sword that saying, I suppose he'd have training with a firearm, keep in mind, there aren't a lot of them. The firearms found mostly belong to people who came from a world where they were common, or the vishmitals. Or whatever. The point is guns are still rare, because those who have them horde them, and those who supply them would sell them to the special organizations probably. A device that uses magic to hurl a projectile of some kind may not be out of the question though.

That aside, its kind of a delicate balance, if a balance at all.
Ummm... what?

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
True but we are talking about Negav afterall, and if you want to deal with the noise problem get a silencer (there is a reason why they are illegal oustide of the military/intelligence agencies Wink ) While ammunition will be difficult or immpossible to get your hands on in the wilderness, in Negav it's going to be much easier, infact I wouldn't be surprirsed if they had some limited local manufacturing; bullets aren't that hard to make if you know how.

rcs619 wrote:
Actually, guns are quite common. There are both melee weapon and firearms dealers in Negav, and it isn't hard to get either as long as you have money. Pistols and shotguns would be fairly common as self-defense weapons. Nearly everyone in Negav is armed in some form or another, it is very much an old west type of town in that regard.

The only weapons that get hoarded by the Magiocrats and Vishmitals are military-grade weapons, like rockets, high explosives and machine-guns. The average Negavian won't have those.
Yeah, I mean, I have a character that gives away Semi-auto Assault Carbines as a part of his MegaCorp's business plan to both create a market for its special .50 cal round and establish good Public Relations.

Even then, the Wiglaf Special has it's flaws, from looking like the M-16's professional American Football playing cousin to being WAY too much overkill for anything other then fending off Giant Predators or taking down light armored vehicles.

Really though, just because guns exist doesn't mean they're the best weapon for a job.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:21 pm

well i belive that Negavian security forces would have some oppostion in certian situations, and i would belive that some Members would be Hurt, Miamed or even kill,i do mean were has there ever been a Police agenciy that hasnt had officers die in the Line of Duty? I would also tend to Belive that there would be a time or two were suspects were just too much for any Indvidual Force to Take down and would require all the Forces working together to bring the suspect down.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Luke, while I don't doubt the Negavian Security forces have taken casualties, I think there would be very, very few situations that would require that much force.

Those that did would probably be very serious, and most likely be something that would threaten Negav's very existance.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't think there would be any situations where so many officers would be required. They have the cutting edge in training and equipment. Sure, you may need a larger amount to take down a particularly dangerous target, but even with that much firepower, the target is going down fast.
The only way really to take on the ENTIRE Negav Police force would be with some ridiculously OP magical effect (or perhaps an OP technical device)... in which case you're not being let through the gate anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:14 pm

No i just meant a strike team of 1 sqaud from each department or 2 sqauds, for something like a Mage who had Physicaly and magicaly sealed himself inside a room or small Building.

That aside question, do any of these guys like work on shifts, go home when off duty like normal cops and Paramilitary and Military do or is it different. like how this quote puts it
"What the hell do i have to do to get some R&R in This Outfit?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav Internal Security   Negav Internal Security - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav Internal Security
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3