Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav District - Interneringskamp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

Negav District - Interneringskamp Empty
PostSubject: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:09 pm

The Interneringskamp is the nick-name given to several apartment buildings, officially called Blocks, set aside for residence that come to Negav without sufficient wealth to support themselves. These people are given shelter within Negav's walls in exchange for working in the Ascarlin mines to pay their up keep. The name Interneringskamp comes from cynical jokes about the long working hours and the very basic living conditions; however every one living there would agree that such a lifestyle is a damn sight better than facing the perils of the Felaryan wilderness.

While the Interneringskamps don't seem out of the ordinary, the district now known as Interneringskamp 6 has raised many eyebrows from the average citizen to members of the Ps’isol Magiocrat Council. Officially it is stated that Interneringskamp 6 is a shallow mining area within the city under the current administration of the Investigators organisation; tasked with recovering valuable artefacts from past incarnations of Negav. The site was originally cordoned off by the Vishmitals during the construction of Block six after the discovery of ancient ruins. The Vishmitals slowly expanded the site, enforcing a no go zone, while they excavated for artefacts believed to be from old Negav. The Vishmitals remained very quite over the site; many believed the Vishmitals hoped to somehow use their discoveries to break the yoke the Ps’isol Magiocrats held over Negav.

The Magiocrats decided to take action; ordering their Investigators Internal Security Division as well as paramilitary units, forerunners to the Isolon’s Fists, to take control of the site. The mission was a success, but ended in a bloodbath when a heavily armed unit, under direct control of the Metropolitan Security Division, disobeyed orders and proceeded to excute all Vishmitals at the site, including their political and military leader Marcus Fairchild. Despite the political disaster which followed the storming of Interneringskamp 6, it fell under the control of the Investigators; whom immediately proceeded to show evidence of squalid living and working conditions in an effort discredit the Vishmitals and win back public favour. The images of slum like housing, injured or even mutated works did have the desired effect but the Investigator’s fall from power was already sealed. Despite being under the new administration of the Investigators Education and Research Divison Interneringskamp 6 remains a no go zone; under constant guard by the elite 3rd Guards Platoon of the Site Security Company. The Investigators stating that artefacts found on the site are far too dangerous and the exculsion is for the public’s protection. However rumours of corruption are rampant; working conditions within the camp have in fact worsened and that the Investigators are using the site to further their own power. Yet even bigger questions have been asked as to who within the Investigators runs the site; the presence of the Education and Research Divison being almost non-existant.

Last edited by CauldronBorn24 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Certainly seems like a depressing place, a perfect tool for those in power to keep certain others to stay out of the way. Always fun to make Negav even scarier ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:19 pm

That's the idea.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:55 am

I'll never understand the hate of nekos. :/

Geez, this forum is messed up.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:45 am

Pendragon wrote:

It's not that I personally hate Nekos, I was just following the precedent set in the wiki: Nekos in Negav were treated with a certain ammount of distain and 'persuaded to leave' things like that aren''t done with a please and thank you. Though it has a point; humans are naturally intolerant of others.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Pendragon wrote:

Personally, I'll never understand why half the time the majority of the humans are made to be racist cunts. I mean, yeah, my characters were going to be a bunch of thieving, backstabbing, conniving bastards, but they were going to be unbiased thieving, backstabbing, conniving bastards who'd just as readily stab a Human general in the back as they would a Neko leader. There was an equality in their dickishness, not a mustache twirling "Hah, take that you filthy things!"

I guess it just helps to make the non-humans more sympathetic. You want people to root for the side that causes the deaths of thousands of sapient beings in their lifetime per person, you make the other sides even more dickish. Worked for the Imperium of Man, after all.

Regardless, I like where you're going with the idea, but I don't quite think it follows the Felaryan theme. If we were attempting to make some sort of low fantasy or Felarya into a GrimDark place, I could see this fitting in wonderfully. As it stands right now, I can't really see it being done. Maybe the wet dream of a Magiocrat or three, perhaps enforced on a much smaller scale in some districts of Negav, but not an official action supported and condoned by the general populace. Especially considering Negav is the very literal rock in a hard place, and having a population several hundred / thousand strong in such a hard place and giving them ideas of screwing everyone over is such a blaring absence of intelligence that the one who seriously proposed such a policy would probably have their mind checked out to make sure they weren't under the sway of a Fairy or some other Giant Predator to get the crystal destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 am

More or less I agree with Malahite. No one who lives in negav, no prey species who lives would want negav destroyed, it would harm themselves and everyone else so much that it would just totally kill their hopes and dreams of surviving in any logical way.

Any prey species that has survived in felarya for a time wouldn't be an idiot. From a video game standpoint, I can see a poorly programmed NPC AI to do such a thing, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 am

I don't know where you got the idea of people wanting Negav to be destroyed from.

After discussing the idea with Silent_Eric I have redrafted the idea, thank you for your input Eric.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 am

Certainly seems less depressing now, but still very interesting. I guess it's kinda nice to have a place live if you're dirt poor, now!
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:56 pm

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
I don't know where you got the idea of people wanting Negav to be destroyed from.
Mostly in that the Nekos were treated like absolute shit, and that it'd mostly be a matter of time before they got fed up enough to try hostile action. Very, very hostile action. New concept is less grimdark, so that's good.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Ah, well I did over stepped the boundries with the first version it seems. I do plan to stick with this version however as I have already worked it into my story which in parts focuses on Interneringskamp 6 which will be rather grimdark as you put it.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 am

I've further edited the history to give it common ground with my other idea; the Investigators. This follows plot reowrks I've been doing on Resurrection, it just helps tie everything together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Interneringskamp   Negav District - Interneringskamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav District - Interneringskamp
Page 1 of 1