Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav District - Market

Go down 
+3
Silent_eric
FalconJudge
Shady Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Negav District - Market Empty
PostSubject: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:25 am

I looked back at the Negav entry in the wiki and I love the Adventurer's Guild and Pit. So I thought I'd throw my two cents.

Being the haven of races from multiple worlds, it comes as no surprise that Negav would house one of the most bustling market. The Shop District is where most intrepid merchants come to sell their ware to intrepid adventurers. The markets are as diverse as the people, ranging from shady dealers selling wares on a carpet in the middle of the street, to small stands, to department stores housing a rich variety of products. If you are looking for a service in general, this is the place to go. You can find as many blacksmithers, restaurants, message offices, museums, and so much more. Competition is cut throat in Negav. Some merchants physically attack competitors to get them out of the pictures. It is not uncommon for a manager to hire the service of an assassin of the Pit to "defeat" competitors. In addition, the shopping district is the ideal spot for conmen to run their businesses. Shoppers have to be on their toes about the services dealt from people on these streets.

Comments and suggestions open, cause I'm sure it's too generic.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:21 am

I like it. Seems that it would be natural to have in a city like this...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:49 am

Here is a repost. Feel free to utilize this in the Shopping District.

Ever-Merchants

A race of human shopkeepers filled with mystery. They can be found all over Felarya, in cities and in traveling caravans. They have a large domed embassy in Negav as well. They deal in all sorts of merchandise, and have singlehandedly created an exchange rate system that encompasses the thousands of currencies used by Felayrans. They are well known for their fair prices, and good nature. The race's name is actually, Kn'ikolo'svietn'az, which is admittedly hard to pronounce, and so they are more commonly referred to as Ever-Merchants. Adventures of all stripes swear on the Ever-Merchant's shops, trading in the loot they get while raiding lost temples and cities in the Felaryan jungles and buying enchanted items unavailable anywhere else! They even deal in Ascarlin, making them an indispensable asset in Negav.

The Ever-Merchants capital, and origin dimension is unknown, and the Merchants themselves refuse to talk about their origins or where they get their wares. Negav spies, sent by the Ps'isol Magiocrats, reported back that the Merchants seem to come from the largely unexplored hilly forests, past the Fairy Kingdom. Due to the dangers of crossing the Kingdom, the spies had to return before more could be discovered. The Ps'isol Magiocrats have named the section of the Felaryan forest where the city is rumored to be Merchant's Alley. This raises interesting questions however. Do the Merchants have a deal with the fairies? How else could they pass through the Kingdom on a regular basis?

Regardless of how they do it, the Ever-Merchants can be found the world over. From winding caravans snaking through the Great Rocky Plains, to floating Shop Ships that sail along the coasts of the Topazial Sea, and through the rivers as well.

The Ever-Merchants wear brightly colored tunics, Red and Gold, with some sort of magical armor commonly found underneath. They are human, but have no hair upon their bodies, and have a byzantine tattoo system that shows some sort of ranking within their guild structured society.

Hmmmm... this is before the new map, and so somethings are obsolete. But oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 am

Silent_eric wrote:
Here is a repost. Feel free to utilize this in the Shopping District.

Ever-Merchants

A race of human shopkeepers filled with mystery. They can be found all over Felarya, in cities and in traveling caravans. They have a large domed embassy in Negav as well. They deal in all sorts of merchandise, and have singlehandedly created an exchange rate system that encompasses the thousands of currencies used by Felayrans. They are well known for their fair prices, and good nature. The race's name is actually, Kn'ikolo'svietn'az, which is admittedly hard to pronounce, and so they are more commonly referred to as Ever-Merchants. Adventures of all stripes swear on the Ever-Merchant's shops, trading in the loot they get while raiding lost temples and cities in the Felaryan jungles and buying enchanted items unavailable anywhere else! They even deal in Ascarlin, making them an indispensable asset in Negav.

The Ever-Merchants capital, and origin dimension is unknown, and the Merchants themselves refuse to talk about their origins or where they get their wares. Negav spies, sent by the Ps'isol Magiocrats, reported back that the Merchants seem to come from the largely unexplored hilly forests, past the Fairy Kingdom. Due to the dangers of crossing the Kingdom, the spies had to return before more could be discovered. The Ps'isol Magiocrats have named the section of the Felaryan forest where the city is rumored to be Merchant's Alley. This raises interesting questions however. Do the Merchants have a deal with the fairies? How else could they pass through the Kingdom on a regular basis?

Regardless of how they do it, the Ever-Merchants can be found the world over. From winding caravans snaking through the Great Rocky Plains, to floating Shop Ships that sail along the coasts of the Topazial Sea, and through the rivers as well.

The Ever-Merchants wear brightly colored tunics, Red and Gold, with some sort of magical armor commonly found underneath. They are human, but have no hair upon their bodies, and have a byzantine tattoo system that shows some sort of ranking within their guild structured society.

Hmmmm... this is before the new map, and so somethings are obsolete. But oh well.
So that's how you keep finding good merchants in desolated places in RPG's. Another mystery solved! XD In all seriousness, this look promicing. Do you have any idea to expand the market in Negav itself? I do feel my description is bland.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:12 pm

im guessing that since politics in negav are split into a few different groups, that merchants would have their own guilds respective to the political party they belong to. or just random alliances of people on the same street, so you could have one street owned by a group of merchants, and another one owned likewise. of course the city guard would be around to try and keep peace, so you'd be getting more attempted assasinations, and theft. You could go further and say that the merchants who get permanent shops would protect their own shops via runes of protection and other spells, or even a hired mage.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
im guessing that since politics in negav are split into a few different groups, that merchants would have their own guilds respective to the political party they belong to. or just random alliances of people on the same street, so you could have one street owned by a group of merchants, and another one owned likewise. of course the city guard would be around to try and keep peace, so you'd be getting more attempted assasinations, and theft. You could go further and say that the merchants who get permanent shops would protect their own shops via runes of protection and other spells, or even a hired mage.
That works
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:18 am

I can imagine that good merchants could be endorsed by the guilds that their goods are relative too, like potion sellers and mage's guild, or herbs and some plant-lovers guild. Maybe the Ever Merchants Eric talked about could be like SAG for the actors in our world: a prestigious group of people, that once you make it in, you're set.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Sounds good, but what about SAG? Swiss Army Gun?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:19 pm

that was an example. SAG is screen actors guild for actors. once you make it in, you're set.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 am

definitely a nice idea to add. it's obvious Negav would have such a district Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 am

Here's an idea:

The Great Shopping Mall - This mall is the biggest in Negav, almost 20 stories tall full of merchandises originating from the four corners of this region of Felarya, as well as from other worlds. However, nobody knows who exactly owns this mall. When asked, a clerk will immediately change subject. As odd as it would seem, there has never been any report of robery since its inauguration. Many people theorizes some strange magic is at work. For instances, there has been reports of shoppers staying beyond closing hours. The next day, they are suddenly clerks working for the mall. They claim they have always been working there, despite close friends stating otherwise. There are multiple unauthorized areas which caused the same phenomenon to whoever broke the rules. Many says it has a link to the owner of such a department store.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

That's definately a great thing in addition to the shopping district. I imagine that the main street of negav would go right through it.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm

I was thinking to rename the district simply the Market. But oh well. As for the mall, I just decided to give Negav its own Wal Mart cranked past eleven, with a South Park twist. Plus I think it kind of fit well with Felarya's theme: You are safe nowhere. Except with Cypress.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Huh, this reminds me of something older...

*Does some digging*

---

The Lower Market

Land space in Negav is expensive and hard to come by. Already, many of the poorer residents are being forced onto the streets, evicted by expansion. As Negav is the one "safe" city in Felarya, it's not surprising that most people want to live here.

Thus, there is an entire other half to Negav - the Negav Underground. Generally populated by lower income persons, there are a variety of corridors and rooms carved out under the city.

Whole communities have been set up. One result is the Lower Market, a response to the bustling Negav Shopping District above. The Lower Market is set in a long wide tunnel, the edges crammed with stalls selling whatever wares are possible and lit by many blue and purple magic lights. While not entirely true, the Lower Market has gotten a reputation as the shadier market, with many back caves selling wares that are not quite legal. It's also known as having some of the best prices on Felarya for those who know where to look. The most famous shop is the Selodonna Antique Store. Owned by an elderly neko, this place looks like a junk shop on first glance, housing lots of wares that were discarded or used. However, those who know what they are looking for will find lots of the old stuff has amazing powers and comes from very ancient times. Other popular stores is the Ruby Mage Shoppe, Fiskan's Fast Food Delivery and The Silkweave Textile Trading Store.

Overall, while the Lower Market may not have the... quality... of the above ground shops, it has a lot of charm and character. Smart shoppers looking for a deal tend to peruse it at regular intervals.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Huh, this reminds me of something older...

*Does some digging*

---

The Lower Market

Land space in Negav is expensive and hard to come by. Already, many of the poorer residents are being forced onto the streets, evicted by expansion. As Negav is the one "safe" city in Felarya, it's not surprising that most people want to live here.

Thus, there is an entire other half to Negav - the Negav Underground. Generally populated by lower income persons, there are a variety of corridors and rooms carved out under the city.

Whole communities have been set up. One result is the Lower Market, a response to the bustling Negav Shopping District above. The Lower Market is set in a long wide tunnel, the edges crammed with stalls selling whatever wares are possible and lit by many blue and purple magic lights. While not entirely true, the Lower Market has gotten a reputation as the shadier market, with many back caves selling wares that are not quite legal. It's also known as having some of the best prices on Felarya for those who know where to look. The most famous shop is the Selodonna Antique Store. Owned by an elderly neko, this place looks like a junk shop on first glance, housing lots of wares that were discarded or used. However, those who know what they are looking for will find lots of the old stuff has amazing powers and comes from very ancient times. Other popular stores is the Ruby Mage Shoppe, Fiskan's Fast Food Delivery and The Silkweave Textile Trading Store.

Overall, while the Lower Market may not have the... quality... of the above ground shops, it has a lot of charm and character. Smart shoppers looking for a deal tend to peruse it at regular intervals.
That's a great idea and it hit me we might want to also work on the Black Market.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:30 pm

I had the idea of a black market run by the smuggler's guild, that was taken down by the Investigators some time ago, I may write a short story about it once I'm done with Resurrection.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
I had the idea of a black market run by the smuggler's guild, that was taken down by the Investigators some time ago, I may write a short story about it once I'm done with Resurrection.
I can see The Pit being the capital of the black market.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 am

addded the lower market and shopping district Smile though that last one still seem a bit generic ^^;
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm

It looks like the wiki needs a bit of cleaning or so, because I see it listed, but without any description. Is there a reason why the one not used in this thread isn't good enough?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 pm

because it's in construction. the base idea is good but still need to be developped to be less generic.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 pm

need any help? XD
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:22 am

Sure I need help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav District - Market   Negav District - Market Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav District - Market
Page 1 of 1