Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Miss Fish

Go down 
+15
TheLightLost
Militant-Prey
Archmage_Bael
Reptillian
ZionAtriedes
Pendragon
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
AisuKaiko
Warrior3000
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Anime-Junkie
moonlight-pendent13
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

I Miss Fish - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 pm

Pendragon wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:

I agree, Fish broke that taboo and it needs to be broken more oftern, when all you get is pleasentries ideas don't develop; it is why Fish was rather vitial to the community.

Okay, look. I get people here REALLY liked Fish, but he was NOT vital to the community.

There was nothing spectacular he did. He just did his job as a mod. And even then, he didn't do it THAT great.

Yes, it's nice when someone is blunt and right to the point, but there's a point where you can only be so rude to others before you become a complete jackass. Fish may have helped the community, but I'm getting REALLY sick of all this ass kissing.

Please stop putting him on a pedestal for things he was SUPPOSED to do.

Cool story bro'.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:

I agree, Fish broke that taboo and it needs to be broken more oftern, when all you get is pleasentries ideas don't develop; it is why Fish was rather vitial to the community.

Okay, look. I get people here REALLY liked Fish, but he was NOT vital to the community.

There was nothing spectacular he did. He just did his job as a mod. And even then, he didn't do it THAT great.

Yes, it's nice when someone is blunt and right to the point, but there's a point where you can only be so rude to others before you become a complete jackass. Fish may have helped the community, but I'm getting REALLY sick of all this ass kissing.

Cool story bro'.

Well, I am very happy there are still people who value honesty in expressing their views; the number of people who still do that is too small for my liking. This is the kind of honest I look for.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:36 pm

You can be honest without being a complete douchebag. In fact, JT is doing it wrong. This is that kind of snark I was talking about. Everytime I saw Fish, he snarked that way. Your abundance of snark is such a thrill and motivates me to try to talk to you all.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Pendragon wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:

I concur, but you may have just contradicted yourself by being blunt in your statement.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:

I concur, but you may have just contradicted yourself by being blunt in your statement.
It's not as blunt as JT's. That is blunt, yes, but it's a lot more restrained than a snark. And I agree perfectly: Fish was just a guy and an halfway decent mod. He was nothing special, he did nothing ground breaking or revolutionary, he was just a mod who happened to be very vocal and slightly more active than the others, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:

It's not as blunt as JT's. That is blunt, yes, but it's a lot more restrained than a snark. And I agree perfectly: Fish was just a guy and an halfway decent mod. He was nothing special, he did nothing ground breaking or revolutionary, he was just a mod who happened to be very vocal and slightly more active than the others, and that's it.
Well, apparently "telling it like it is" has become quite an admirable quality. I should do it more.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:04 pm

I can't tell if that was sarcastic with the quotation marks.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:13 pm

In releavence to what I was refering to, dealing with new ideas, he was in my opinion. The fact he was a mod meant that new members to the community held him with a certain ammount of respect so they were inclined to listen to his critique if they were serious about developing their idea. In his abesense 'regular,' including vetern members, have tried to do what he did so he must of done something right if we're trying to fill the void.

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:30 pm

I like mods who are vocal, but there are still ways to tell someone the truth without making it sound like you're picking on them.

Anyway, despite my thoughts, we should stop arguing about it. That's not the subject of this thread.

Although I wonder: if fish doesn't come back anytime soon, who would have to fill in where he was?

edit: I feel like he pulled a "TheQuantumMechanic"
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 pm

I vote French-Snack.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:34 pm

He's already one.

Anyway, I prefer someone who will be around a lot. Not just pop in for a comment or two every other day/week.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:36 pm

And someone who stays civil and neutral. Keyword: Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Yeah that's pretty difficult, especially if they're around a bit. Like I said though, If I'm going to want advice from someone I'll want them to be around to give it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Not all of the mods do hang around a lot. Fish did, when he was here. Cliff is pretty regular and oldman is fairly so. FrenchSnack and timing2 are rarely here at all. timing2 is rarely even on dA.

Probably why Sean forgot FrenchSnack was actually a mod.

Though I miss Fish less as a mod and more as a reviewer and contributor. I don't think any of us, short of Karbo are "vital" to the community. But many of us have made great contributions and worked hard at development, like Fish.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:35 pm

I actually did know that French was a mod. I voted for him because he seems like the nicest of the bunch. Actually, mods not being active seem to be a recurring trend. For a while, Cypress was the only mod and he was barely on before he stopped coming altogether. Then Haar was a mod and the same happened. Now timing is one and the same is happening.
Back to top Go down
moonlight-pendent13
Helpless prey
moonlight-pendent13

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:18 pm

I gotta put in my 2 cents or is it like 10cents by now? not sure but I know for a fact Fish did try and stay neutral as possible, sure he could be a smart-ass but he banned his own friends from the chat room then they wouldn't knock off unruly behavior. I wish we did have more active mods who were more involved in the community. And it'd be nice if all of them are completely neutral but they're human. Biasedness is tough to get past but isn't impossible not to see past.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Very true.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:48 pm

There is only one solution:

We must have a brutal and bloody every-man-for-himself deathmatch for the spot of the "tough mod".
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:27 pm

I guess if we did hire a new mod, I'd hope it'd be someone who'd be able to break up drama before it flares up into a flame war. Neutrality would be perfect, and someone who is friendly but at the same time is willing to lay the hammer down if shit strikes.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, but if we did have a new mod (and karbo said that there would be another somewhere down the track) I reckon a good way to choose them would be to put it to a community vote. As for nominations, I'd say either Karbo puts them up or other people nominate them. (No nominating yourself). Maybe something like 2 nominations for the same person before they're 'in?'

Quote :
I actually did know that French was a mod. I voted for him because he seems like the nicest of the bunch. Actually, mods not being active seem to be a recurring trend. For a while, Cypress was the only mod and he was barely on before he stopped coming altogether. Then Haar was a mod and the same happened. Now timing is one and the same is happening.
This is very true. When choosing mods, being active should be a requirement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 am

Well to be honnest I don't think an additionnal mod is needed in the immediate future. The current ones are doing a good job Smile
But to me the most important trait I'd be looking for would be that of, indeed, neutrality, and level-headed-ness.
As I see it, a mod has the duty to stay more out of the fray, keep provovocation at a minimum, solve problems rather than create them, and show example.
Being mod comes with constraints, is not very easy, and is probably a less fun place to be than what most people think ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:39 am

Hm. I would have thought taking some of the load of Cliff, (who seems to be doing the most moderating) would be good, but that's up to you.

Quote :
As I see it, a mod has the duty to stay more out of the fray, keep provovocation at a minimum, solve problems rather than create them, and show example.
Being mod comes with constraints, is not very easy, and is probably a less fun place to be than what most people think ^^;
Indeed, being a moderator is about responsibility, not privilege.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:07 am

I think Malahite would do a good job as a mod personally.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Karbo wrote:

Well, if doing mod-business is fun to someone, then they probably aren't the one for the job, honestly. If it's fun to you, it may be more likely for you to overstep your boundaries to get more "fun".
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well to be honnest I don't think an additionnal mod is needed in the immediate future. The current ones are doing a good job Smile
But to me the most important trait I'd be looking for would be that of, indeed, neutrality, and level-headed-ness.

you don't need to be arguing to post something on a forum, and likewise, if a mod isn't posting at least semi-regularly, how do you know if they're still active and doing their duty?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Miss Fish
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next