Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Miss Fish

Go down 
+15
TheLightLost
Militant-Prey
Archmage_Bael
Reptillian
ZionAtriedes
Pendragon
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
AisuKaiko
Warrior3000
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Anime-Junkie
moonlight-pendent13
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

I Miss Fish - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 am

Well, cool. Everyone misses him, how blunt and dedicated he was? Touching.

However, I find it quite immature to sing his praises now and wish there was someone blunt and dedicated like he was. Frankly, there was little need for moderation here- we are, as far as groups go, a nice bunch.

Want someone blunt and dedicated? Get dedicated and get blunt. The odds of finding a Fish MK-2 are zero; we'll have to make do with what we have now.

If he returns I'll be as glad as the next, but keep in mind he did so for his own reasons. Trying to blame ourselves is foolish; trying to cast the blame outside of us is childish. Until then, if you want a blunt and dedicated person, you can only be blunt and dedicated with others yourself- and hope they care to share the sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm inclined to agree. Especially about the "share the sentiment" part, most people don't find bluntness to be a civil quality, and unless you can do it JUST right, you're going to offend A LOT of people.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I'm inclined to agree. Especially about the "share the sentiment" part, most people don't find bluntness to be a civil quality, and unless you can do it JUST right, you're going to offend A LOT of people.

Yeah, exactly. Be blunt and people will resent you, even if what you're saying is logical sense.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 pm

in my opinion being blunt and stern about the rules is rather important for a moderator... Too compare it to a far extreme military anecdote: Say you are in the army. and one of your squadmates does something extremely stupid and gets almost everyone killed, when you return to base and explain to the commander in charge, you aren't gonna want him/her to give the bumbling idiot a gentle hug and say "don't worry guy, it will be ok. Wanna lolly?" Most certainly no, you're gonna want the commander laying some serious boot on the idiot, and be blunt and stern about it too so it never happens again.

Fish was a good mod because of his blunt attitude, the rules got followed, or you got punished, simple as that, and that's what a mod needs to be. I for one do miss fish, and were I a bit more active I could try and fill the hole he left, though my lack of seriousness by nature would make that a tad difficult
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Oh yeah, because he NEVER made mistakes, not once.

It's really kinda disturbing that people are worshipping him like some kind of moderating god.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

You know, just when I think this discussion is over, someone else has something to say.

Some of us liked him, some of us didn't. Some of us like bluntness, some of us don't. And some of us are just tired of people kissing his ass now that he's gone, and also tired of the people still pointing that out.

Can we all just shut up now, guys? The point's moot. Fish isn't here, and no amount of kissassery is gonna fix that. On that note, pointing out how tired you are of said kissassery just promotes more kissassery and pointless discussion on the virtue/flaw of inconsiderate honesty.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
You know, just when I think this discussion is over, someone else has something to say.

Some of us liked him, some of us didn't. Some of us like bluntness, some of us don't. And some of us are just tired of people kissing his ass now that he's gone, and also tired of the people still pointing that out.

Can we all just shut up now, guys? The point's moot. Fish isn't here, and no amount of kissassery is gonna fix that. On that note, pointing out how tired you are of said kissassery just promotes more kissassery and pointless discussion on the virtue/flaw of inconsiderate honesty.

yeah, but that in and of itself is also a conversation material too! Evil laugh

Yeah I know, I'm sorry >_>
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but to be honest, it's a tad bit counterproductive to whine about the whining about the asskissery.

I knew Fish. He wasn't a bad guy, and he did his job like he was supposed to. I respect him for that.

But you're all treating him like the second coming of [insert your religious diety here]. And it's starting to show when I hear you guys insulting other mods for not being as godly as Fish.

"OH NOES EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS IN COMPARISON TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR FISH."

Do you get what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 am

Alight guys shut the damn hoax off. two weeks of responses of someone who's practically gone with no albeit reason on why he's left is getting ridiculous. Just like a farewell. say a few last words of commemoration,then let it be silent for awhile till something comes up. like what zion said. i would make this my last post on this subject. As most of you should be thinking of doing...
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 am

Or how about we just request to lock this thread?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 am

I vote that Cliff or another moderator locks this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Miss Fish   I Miss Fish - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Miss Fish
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4