Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya

Go down 
+7
ravaging vixen
Shady Knight
walkingbyself
Jætte_Troll
Rezec
Stabs
luke112
11 posters
AuthorMessage
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 am

are there any of them in Felarya? i mean how could there be just 3 military factions, sure their big but what about Militias and paramilitaries? there has to be some, maybe formed by people who dont want to be part of any of the big three or for any other reason. just throwing it out there, sorry if some one already made a topic about this.

Last edited by luke112 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something about Paramilitaries)
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Well, Luke, militias could exist- but keep in mind they're in as much danger from the environment as anyone else. So... it's not impossible, but it IS a very unwise idea. Anyone who knows what they're getting into will probably want to be in as good standing with Negav as possible, or have some sort of alternate safety from the environment.

Well, anyone else got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Militia? Yeah, sure)   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I'll write some about it)
soon or later. Have some ideas already for storyline.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:12 pm

There is already information on militias in Negav.

I assume there may be similar groups in other settlements, excluding purely military installations like the Miratan base, which probably has defense maintained totally by soldiers.

But its highly unlikely a militia just exists entirely on its own out in the forest. A militia is a citizen's army. So, maybe some villages have small standing militias, but nothing that would be considered a military faction.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Hm Luke I have a question for you then. Are you thinking of a Militia working under the name of "Militia Such and Such" but are more around the lines of mercenaries that are on payroll to defend a village then actual civilians joining together to protect their village from the dangers of Felarya.

Different thought down here |
|
|
V

Maybe if they were supplied by an outside faction from say another world? Look at the Delurians they aren't exactly from Felarya yet they constantly seem to have the means to supply their forces that are currently based in Felarya (although in a very poorly chosen area no less).

Would that be the closest to good idea. Or no?
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:21 pm

actually i meant something more a kin to the spez in Torra44 's stories involing Nikkita. That type of Mthe chance of militia, I mean with all the worlds the Felarya connects to the chances that some Military units that are lost and surivive to make it to a safe or semi safe zone and their Ideas are simular wouldnt they I dont know band together and establish a presence Maybe not try to get policital power but just help some people get to a safe zone or defend a fairy village from a torionon hoard or hell maybe even stand their ground and fight a Hoard of bloodclaw apes if it meant that some lives could be saved. Something like that but the people who make up the fighting force are not all Villagers but mosty City dewellers who's life is Misrable and its seen as a better alterunative ( trust me there HAS to be some people who would rather live in the Jungle and know whats gonna happen then be in a city that has Unpredicable people an not know whats gonna happen)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Actually, from little knowledge I know about militias, a militia is basically civilians taking up arms and forming sort of a military operation. I don't get what you really mean by military units making a zone more safe and being connected all over Felarya, or something like that. That sounds more like a normal military, and I'm pretty sure that militias aren't nearly as well organized as a standard military force.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:56 pm

There's only one Paramilitary group i know of and thats Torra44's spez. I wonder if theres any others Wink
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 pm

well considering i haven't put an update on my hussars, they are a technical term of a paramilitary since they support themselves and settled up a "techie" town near the kjol/cjol (i don't know how to spell it) cliffs. but i do need the definition your referring to as "paramilitary" that would help a great deal to better understand what your talking about, no offense in that. Just confused
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm

when i said paramiltary i meant a Military trianed group that may or may not be as well trained or even better trained then the two existing military groups, but not formaly reconized as such by the existing groups or the main policitical parties. A group with its own agenda and acess to a wide range of firearms. so That exculdes SWAT and all police groups. Further more a Group that can not be bought out so that elimates all types of Mercs. Hope that clears thing up abit
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Its entirely possible that larger groups of travelers or settlers could take up arms for self-defense. How successful they turn out is another story. The official wiki doesn't cite any such groups, but I for one imagine that new settlements would be popping up all the time. And it seems very silly to think that any group of people in such a dangerous world wouldn't arm themselves after realizing what they had gotten into.

The race I had been developing for a while have been miners in the Ascarlin Mountains who had been so incessantly attacked that they, over time, developed a warrior caste that could be described as a military. And then when their centralized society collapsed and individual clans fought amongst themselves the organization became more informal. Few competent officers, loose training, and no solid national identity. I would have even said that offshoots of these clans may have wandered off as lost tribes and taken up work as mercenary outfits just looking for a quick buck. It might have been neat to develop the 'Yesod Garrison' who I imagine may have wandered as far as the Miratan camp and piggy-backed onto one of their infantry regiments. The DA link in my signature has more details, none of it canon yet.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 am

Kind of an old thread, but what the heck. I might as well contribute.

i've been working on my own little group of militant types. They;'re not humans though. They're more akin to half the size of the average predator, so they are few in number. I've been meaning to write up a story about them, since I alluded to them in my last story.

It's usually a dangerous idea for them to just blindly set their sights on conquest, which is why they need a bit more motivation than that.
Back to top Go down
Komandr2465
Naga food
Komandr2465

Location : In a T-152 heavy tank that's having mechanical issues near Zelkova's turf.

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am

I think My 4th guards concept would fit in to this description well.
Its on here:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3206-the-4th-guards-of-felarya
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 am

Sorry to bring up a dead post, but I have one, myself.  I need to make a bio for them, though.  The Bureau for the Acquisition of Knowledge.  They're an intel gathering agency that's also a mercenary/espionage group buried in the mountains of Frost Peak and led by an arch-demon. Though, they mostly have humans, nekos, inus, fairies, nagas, and even some tinies.  If you're still interested, I'll give more details.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cthompson17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya   Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Militia's/ Paramilitary groups in Felarya
Page 1 of 1