Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things I like to see

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Things I like to see Empty
PostSubject: Things I like to see   Things I like to see Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:01 am

After listening to Rush's 2112 over and over, I got to thinking: it would make a great rock opera. Picture this: the story of 2112 playing out on stage with CGI videos on screen, costumed actors, props and sets, spoken narration and dialog, and of course great music.

My personal favorite scene would be the man showing his discovery to the Priests, only to have it destroyed. It was a great exchange, and the musical contrast between acoustic and electric guitar was mind-blowing.

Here's my "adaptation":

Act I: Opens up on a huge screen, a vast interplanetary war between the emerging Solar Federation and a sector of humanity that resisted. Though valiantly fought, the Solar Federation would triumph during the final stand above and on the surface of Mars, driving the resistance to the cold, outer planets. "And the meek shall inherit the Earth", they proclaimed as the Solar Federation claimed victory in 2062.

Act II: The Priests sing of their victory. They, in the year 2112, control the content of all reading matter, songs, pictures - every facet of life. All for the "brotherhood of man." As it implies, their society is based on the needs of all, rather than the aspirations of a few. They rule over Earth and the surviving colonies.

Act III: Opens up in a cavern behind a water fall, a young man plays guitar. He discovered the guitar in this cave, and feels the joy that can only come from making his own music. He goes off to the Priests to show this "ancient miracle", confident they would be pleased...

Act IV: He stands before the council, who are displayed on the large screen. As he plays, he tries to demonstrate the value of his find. They dismiss it as "nothing new" and "just a waste of time." Undeterred, the man presses on, finally enraging them. Two "robots" would appear on stage: one to restrain the man, the other to smash the guitar.

Act V: Broken, the man walks back home and cries himself to sleep. The set is dark, save for a white light shining on the man's bed...an oracle appears as the man falls asleep. He raises his arms, and the bed is lifted to a platform with a spiral staircase. The man wakes up, and this "oracle" waves his hands to the screen. In rapid succession, every human achievement would flash. He shows how the "Elder Race" thrived in the outer planets, their society based on constant invention, discovery-the aspirations of the few, rather than the needs of all. Further, the oracle shows that they are preparing, at long last, to fight the Solar Federation once more...

Act VI: The man wakes, his bed back where it was...the light above him has turned a deep blue with his mood. It was all just a dream...he falls deep into the despair as he returns to that cave. There, crying for the empty life he had lived, he ends his life...

Act VII: But, the dream was true! Shortly there after, the Elder Race (ie, the old resistance) attacks the Solar Federation, bringing down the temples. The Screen would flicker, only scant images appearing, the ending left deliberately ambiguous: were the priests finally brought down, or did they once more establish their power?

Here's a link to a wikipedia article:2112 (song)-Rush

And an article on Rush: Rush (band)

But, what kind of cool stuff do you wish would happen? It cannot be related to this song at all.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Things I like to see Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things I like to see   Things I like to see Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 am

1) The Hyperion Movie doesn't suck.
2) A movie series based on the Horus Heresy. Also, the main concern of #1 applies to this as well [Not sucking].
Back to top Go down

Things I like to see
Page 1 of 1