Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

General Q and A - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I've been wondering, if a zone is marked as hazardous what danger does it pose for a predator of average size?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I have a "Q": How general is this Q&A? Can I ask anything I want or is only general within certain boundaries? The OP didn't give me any help on that topic.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:06 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I have a "Q": How general is this Q&A? Can I ask anything I want or is only general within certain boundaries? The OP didn't give me any help on that topic.

I think you're allowed to any question you want here, as long as it's about Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:45 pm

I was wondering, if the healing factor of Felarya doesnt do anything agianst morning breath, which is caused by bactria in the mouth, then is it possable for some forms of dental disease to exist on Felarya?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:09 pm

I think the healing factor would prevent the effects of oral bacteria from amounting to a disease. You'd still have the germs, but you'd be protected from them hurting you.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
I was wondering, if the healing factor of Felarya doesnt do anything agianst morning breath, which is caused by bactria in the mouth, then is it possable for some forms of dental disease to exist on Felarya?

Not sure on that exactly. Paramecium could have a point though.

Either way, there are various types of herbs, plants and fruit that could be used to help with that. I forget the name (it got changed when it made the wiki), but I proposed a type of plant that is commonly chewed to clean and freshen someone's mouth.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 am

I suspect that that any oral bacteria would still cause a problem as your mouth contains no defense system. those bacteria are free to eat away at your teeth until they hit root. Actually certain species, for example komodo dragons, have been able to use this surplus of bacteria to their advantage when hunting. As small bits of meat begin to accumulate between their teeth it slowly rots away, and when the dragon bites a living creature, those bacteria ensure that it has only hours left to live, though
I doubt such a mechanism would work on Felarya due to the heightened immune system.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Question, I know its possible for one to become bigger with a genie but is it possible for a genie to turn a person into a completely different race? Like for example a human becomes a dryad, or a human becomes a merperson *like a selachi* just asking is all.

Last edited by Solomon on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 am

Solomon wrote:
Question, I know is possible for one to become bigger with a genie but is it possible for a genie to turn a person into a completely different race? Like for example a human becomes a dryad, or a human becomes a merperson *like a selachis* just asking is all.

Important to consider: genies are dicks. I wouldn't be surprised if they make you spend more than one wish to be giant sized (used up too much magic oops). Plus they twist around what you wish for, so "wish to be a different race" will probably mean "least desirable variation of that race."

Wish to be a harpy:

"lol okay you're a trochili now enjoy."

Use second wish to be bigger:

"There human sized."

Or three humans each wish to be giant sized and the genie combines them into a hydranaga.

Genies have so much troll potential.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:57 am

Hehe those are great examples Razz

And indeed that would be possible as Genie are really very very powerful but carefull for what you wish of course.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:48 am

Do nagas shed the skin on their snake tails? I don't think I've seen anything on thew wiki about this, but I think it would be interesting if they did.

I personally imagine that this would be another thing that Anna would have to get used to.

Anna: Why is my tail soitchy?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:01 pm

I read this story a while back about a relatively small black (scaled) naga who had adopted an elf or neko or something who had lost her arms in an accident, and I went to read it again last night but I don't remember who wrote it. Does this story sound familiar to any of you?
The naga had this habit of telling her prey that she wasn't going to "hurt" them and then eating them whole (such that the only hurt she might inflict would be during digestion).
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Do nagas shed the skin on their snake tails? I don't think I've seen anything on thew wiki about this, but I think it would be interesting if they did.

I personally imagine that this would be another thing that Anna would have to get used to.

Well your right about it not being mentioned on the wiki at all, but I can say I have read some stories where it mentioned naga shed their skin. I've even read some nagas mentioning they shed their skin but I don't know for a true fact if they can.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:29 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I read this story a while back about a relatively small black (scaled) naga who had adopted an elf or neko or something who had lost her arms in an accident, and I went to read it again last night but I don't remember who wrote it. Does this story sound familiar to any of you?
The naga had this habit of telling her prey that she wasn't going to "hurt" them and then eating them whole (such that the only hurt she might inflict would be during digestion).

That's by Israaldun, now NSFW-studios, "Good Morning Baby", I think.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you!
That explains why I couldn't find it, the name changed...
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

While unofficial, I think the general consensus is yes.

A naga will shed the skin on his/her tail as he/she grows. The rate increases even more during the growth spurts they will go through every so often until reaching maturity.

After maturity, the frequency of skin shedding decreases greatly, and becomes a regular thing (once a month? every other month? No real estimate has been given). It isn't so much for growing anymore as it is to replace and revitalize their scales.

Like I said, its unofficial, but I think this is what a bunch of people agreed on in the past.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

Are "dimensional chimeras" a thing? Notys' race is given to be such, and links to the Minor Races page, but there is no entry. Perhaps it's meant to refer to demi-chimeras?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:04 pm

I second this question! I noticed the same thing. There isn't even a page for Chimeras, just a paragraph about Demi-chimeras.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

I think that's because Demi-Chimeras, at least judging from Karbo's picture, are demi humans like nekos and inus, while Chimeras would be more like a beast. Still, there could be a mention of Dimensional Chimeras' natures.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 am

Well dimensional chimeras are supposed to be extremely rare creatures, really the stuff of legend.
And this one is pretty special to boot X3
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I remember reading somewhere that Felarya has an effect on predators. Apparently, it makes them more voracious the bigger they are an if they're female. I just want to know, that didn't stop being a thing that was true or anything, right? :33
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that Felarya has an effect on predators. Apparently, it makes them more voracious the bigger they are an if they're female. I just want to know, that didn't stop being a thing that was true or anything, right? :33

On a personal note: I think the "predator effect" is somewhat arbitrary, and...stupid. It just seems like a leftover from old-Felarya more than anything to me.

Officially: Yes, I believe it is still around. I don't remember seeing anywhere that it was limited to females though. Probably affects both genders equally.

If I could just say something though. Do we really need it? Isn't the fact that the hybrids are part animal and/or raised since birth to think that small people are food enough? Can't we just say "Nagas/Nekos/Mermaids/Giant Elves/Dridders/Harpies/etc etc like to eat smaller people because they enjoy the taste and the thrill of the hunt" ? Having some kind of weird, arbitrary vore-effect just seems a bit pointless. At least to me.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 pm

I think the word you're looking for is "redundant".
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

rcs619 wrote:

If I could just say something though. Do we really need it? Isn't the fact that the hybrids are part animal and/or raised since birth to think that small people are food enough? Can't we just say "Nagas/Nekos/Mermaids/Giant Elves/Dridders/Harpies/etc etc like to eat smaller people because they enjoy the taste and the thrill of the hunt" ? Having some kind of weird, arbitrary vore-effect just seems a bit pointless. At least to me.

Well the neeras would like to put their vote on it being because they are all big meanies!

That goes double for nekos.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am

rcs619 wrote:
On a personal note: I think the "predator effect" is somewhat arbitrary, and...stupid. It just seems like a leftover from old-Felarya more than anything to me.

Officially: Yes, I believe it is still around. I don't remember seeing anywhere that it was limited to females though. Probably affects both genders equally.

Well, the reason I'm asking is because I was kinda' planning on putting it to use in my stories. It would kinda help me explain something about the behavioural difference between the normal-sized male character and that character's magic-potion-affected giantess form.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next