Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Information Flow

Go down 
+3
Vaderaz
TheLightLost
Stabs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

The Information Flow Empty
PostSubject: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:59 am

While reviewing Survival Lessons, I've realized there's a few mistakes I've made. Not in the techniques; at least I hope not. I'm trying to help people who aren't as tactically minded as I am (ironically the ones who are MORE tactically minded than me aren't much help). Either way, I just realized that I mentioned fairy wings in the story. Hadn't I been so focused on what to do, I might've realized I had made what could be a colossal, contagious mood-breaker. And GEEZ, I hadn't made that mistake in Consolation Prize!

I ask, thus, how common should be the knowledge that fairy wings are their weaknesses. I take it dryads would either know it or have other dryads on reference, but I'm not sure how common the knowledge would be in humans, tribes, cities, taverns, public bathrooms walls, the Cult of Zoe... while we are at it, no one knows succubi are dangerously big to humans. That's sort of incomplete as far as I'm concerned: nothing should be known about succubi other than exactly what they want mortals to know, they are terribly rare and super duper clever after all. Same for the plants, I'm sure the botanists all over Felarya are widely regarded as heroes, but I think I might've made a mistake by addressing the plants sequentially, like I did. Either way...

I wanted to bring your attention to the information flow. How widespread should the knowledge that fairies are powerless without their wings? While we're at it, is there anything else you think not everyone should know? Who should know it, and who shouldn't?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:46 am

Interesting topic. I think the knowledge gained by experienced Fairy hunters would spread throughout Negav via word of mouth between certain groups, but it shouldn't be common knowledge. Only someone who has done their homework should know such things.

To your next question about other things people should not know, I don't believe hunters or what have you should know how to survive an encounter with a giant UNLESS they have extensive training. Sorry if I'm going about this misinformed, but I don't believe there are many stories out there surrounding characters that have had sufficient experience/training in the behaviors of certain hybrid species and the best way to go about surviving an encounter.

I could be wrong, but survival in Felarya should take a fair amount of training, knowledge, experience, and preparation in dealing with Felarya specific dangers; and I don't believe enough characters have those traits.

P.S. Sorry if my answer doesn't prove very helpful. I'm not very good at that.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 am

For the fairy wings, I'm sure that it must be well known for a lot of humans, at least the ones who are interested in exploring the jungle and have some experience. (adventurers exchanging some tips for exemple...)
More than a group humans has probably survived an encounter with a fairy to make that statement. And even so, I think that the wings look fragil enough in comparason to the rest of the body to be considered a weakness even withouth that knowledge.
---
For succubi, well, as they are pretty uncommon, I don't even think humans know there are some of them in Felarya (or at least very few), so I agree with that.
---
For the rest, hmmm, I don't know, do humans know about fairies's and nagas's "predator sense"? that kind of ability must be really hard to detect.
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Quote :
While reviewing Survival Lessons, I've realized there's a few mistakes I've made. Not in the techniques; at least I hope not. I'm trying to help people who aren't as tactically minded as I am (ironically the ones who are MORE tactically minded than me aren't much help). Either way, I just realized that I mentioned fairy wings in the story. Hadn't I been so focused on what to do, I might've realized I had made what could be a colossal, contagious mood-breaker. And GEEZ, I hadn't made that mistake in Consolation Prize!

I would imagine that it is pretty well known.

Keep in mind, not all Fairy hunters run around with butterfly nets. Some of them actually know what they are doing, and are good at what they do. Depends where you are though. Im sure most everyone in Negav knows. So would everyone over in the Deluran base, since the live right on the edge of Fairy territory. I doubt anyone in Chiotia City would have any idea though, since they never would have even encountered a Fairy before. The same could probably be said of some of the small, hidden villages in the jungle. They just know to avoid Fairies, not how to bring them down.

Quote :
I wanted to bring your attention to the information flow. How widespread should the knowledge that fairies are powerless without their wings? While we're at it, is there anything else you think not everyone should know? Who should know it, and who shouldn't?

Oh, I think the streets and businesses of Negav would be chock full of rumors and information. Felarya is a huge, mysterious place, even to the people who live there. I think important survival bits would have been long-since learned (Fairies are powerless without their wings, Nagas can sense magical fields, etc), but Im sure there are plenty of things people won't know about, or may be mistaken on.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

For every wrong there is a right.

For every good there is an evil.

For every truth there is a book of lies.

~Ancient Teachings
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 am

Well that's an interesting question ^^
It really depends of the information of course. For example for the fairy wings I imagine it's not a secret at all. At least in Negav.
Once the word is out, even a little, from some adventurers or fairy hunters, there is no way such a crucial info could be kept at bay I think.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:30 am

Yeah, this would be common knowledge since it's REALLY useful to know.

Just like the fact of how hippos have a penny-sized space on their bodies that ISN'T armored like a tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Information Flow   The Information Flow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Information Flow
Page 1 of 1