Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

International Guide of Luck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ronoc
Tasty morsel
Ronoc

International Guide of Luck Empty
PostSubject: International Guide of Luck   International Guide of Luck Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 pm

More specifically,

The International Guide of Luck, Coincidence, and Camels

With blatant inspiration from 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', I was hoping to make this existing company regulate the lucky list of things happening all around the universe. Since Felarya is one of the more dangerous places of all galaxies, wouldn't it be logical to have more lucky persons here than anywhere else?

Exclamation Most of this idea (besides the movie and the book) came from Karbo's comic strip of Anna and how she is the universe's 4th luckiest person in the universe with odds of 797,698,204,110,270 to 1 against. (I'm not allowed to post links, so the reference will have to be checked by yourselves, sorry).

As an example, I've already created the 77th and 29th, but they are a little unrelated to Felarya in this context sweatdrop

Anyway, I wanted this to become a more formal thing so that other members could make the list of top 100 or 1,000 luckiest people in the universe with their respective OCs in Felarya. Though as a warning, I would keep most lucky coincidences below 50 or 75. I'd rather not get into an argument about #1, so why fight over the prime seat when we could all be famous somewhere else down the line? Let's just say the boys down under are working hard to find our luckiest person in the universe as we speak.

Exclamation Each entry would have to be comically interesting, ironically interesting, or interesting interesting- in a way that makes a clear coincidence or a random act of divine power into something so much more than what originally meets the eye. The key point is for monolouges to be usually run-on sentences, filled with fun-facts, and most importantly resemble something like the monolouges from 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' (example links to Youtube could not be shown, sorry).

Exclamation More importantly than anything said already would be the potential expansion of Minalca, Goddess of Luck. Her existance (if at all) would be vital to the Guide's success.

Exclamation On a side note, If anyone has any interesting facts about camels, they would also be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Quote :
As a point of reference, L.L. Seventwine became the 77th luckiest person in the universe (according to that of “The International Guide of Luck, Coincidence, and Camels") when he won a game of four dimensional chess against the computer Rey Boot by closing his eyes and moving at random where, completely by chance, this very situation of pieces was not calculated into the robot’s brain causing him to short circuit and making Seventwine, whom was no good at chess in the first place, winner by default. His chances of winning were exactly 7,777,777 to 1 against which was such a coincidence; they moved him from being the original 78th luckiest person to the 77th where he resides today.

So what does everybody think? Is this something that can be expanded upon or should I just shut up and go back to my corner?
Back to top Go down

International Guide of Luck
Page 1 of 1