Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

300 days of hell

Go down 
+6
EvilGenius
Karbo
space_samurai
Iavlas
McKindle
luke112
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

300 days of hell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Day 15

I saw another Human like creature today, Cole spotted it down stream about four hundred yards from us. Rogick Got a better look at it with his sniper scope. He called me over to him and Showed me what the Creature looked like. It was mostly Human except it had a Dog tail and dog like ears. It was female by the looks of it and it was taking a drink from the stream. The problem though was that she was on all fours and was ten feet from head to ground. What started to get me worried was that her dog like features reminded me of a German shepherd and I remembered that German shepherds have an excellent sense of smell. I ordered my men to quietly move away from our RON site and head Up stream. We kept heading up stream till i was sure That she wouldn't be able to track our scent. We hunted for some game and fish. Soloman and Cole brought meat from one of those birds that was dumber then a rock. Me and Muhammad caught some fish and that nights meal was rather good. That was until a Python attacked Cole. The damn thing was maybe 30 feet long and it took the combined strength from me, Muhammad, and Zim to pry that things coils from Coles neck. Bentie came up to the thing and Chopped a chuck off of it with his Machete. Nolem and Nick raised their rifles ready to shoot the thing. I half told/ half yelled at them "don't shoot you fucking Idiots you'll alert every goddamn creature for 10 miles to our location." They asked me " then what the fuck do we do sir". I told them to "cut the motherfucker up with your combat knifes, The army gave them to you for a reason. yah know." I said all of this while struggling to keep the python from overpowering me, Zim, and Muhammad and strangling Cole. The thing finally released its grip when Rogers ran up and stabbed his knife into the things spine, Apparently hitting something vital because it became Paralyzed and Rogick finally dealt the killing blow with a silenced 10 Millimeter pistol shot to its head. In all it took 151 knife stabs, 20 hacks with a Machete and 1 silenced 10 millimeter Bullet to the head to bring the damn snake down. We had to move 100 yards away from the RON site to a new spot to avoid anything that may have been alerted by the struggle. Bentie gave Cole a field Exam to see if anything was broken. I was relieved when Bentie told me Cole was ok save from a dislocated shoulder that was corrected and a few bruised ribs. I took first watch again tonight and off to the distance about 100 yards away at our old RON site I saw that Human/dog Like creature in the moon light. She was looking for something, I kept watching rifle ready at hand till she stopped searching and left. I turned watch over to Alfred and Then laid down in my Fox hole, rifle right by my side.

Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Day 16

Well I can say things were rough today. after getting up and moving from our RON site we travled less then 600 yards from it before i ordered my men to take cover in the thick underbrush when I heard a rustling sound. I Took a position next to Alfred and watched a group of about a dozen six legged wolf like creatures emerge from cover of the trees and walked into the open. Light from holes in the canope shined onto the wolf like creatures faces highlighting the blood on their faces. The light gave the creatures a surreal appearance to the wovles, I saw them sniff the air looking for something. Mostly likely they were searching for us. I wispered Cole to wisper to the others to get ready to engage otherwise I told him to tell the other to follow me and we would crawl out of there. Well that were things went wrong, as we were crawling along the thick bush at a pace slower than a snails one of the wold like creatures poke its snout through the bush just a foot above me. I stopped, my men stopped and for all i could have known time it self stopped right then and there. The wolf took two sniffs, growled and pulled its snout back. Just When my brain was ready to remind my heart to resume beating again did one of the wolf like creatures hopped over the bushs and landed around 25 meters from our position. I knew right then without a doubt that our stealth option was gone and we would have to fight our way out. I yelled to my men to let them have it and Michal was to first one to stand up and he fired his Mark 14 M32 MGL. By the time me, Cole, Zim sprang up from our prone position to standing up five of the wolf-like creatures were dead and two had a front leg missing each and three others bloodied. Thank god for the tech boys in SOCOM, the situation was a great deal less threatinging before but with at least seven of the wolf creatures down for the count me and my men could foucus on the remaining five with little trouble. Well thats was till one of the wounded one slashed one of its claws into Soloman's back, The hit shattered Soloman's radio pack and sent him flying sideways into a brush pile. I charged upto the wounded wolf creature as its remaining un-damaged legs gave under its weight and the creature fell sideways. My men were still shooting at the other wolf creatures when i got up to the wounded one that had attacked Soloman. I wipped out my 12.7mm pistol, jabbed the barrel into the wolf like creatures' left eye and fired half the clip into its eye socket, even for a creature as big as it was. There was no way anything could survive that many 12.7mm armor peircing rounds getting a easy path to the grey matter. The wolf creature convoulsed several times before slowng twhiching twice then die. I ran over to Soloman's prone form fearing the worse, I check his pulse, when i found that indeed soloman still had a pulse and he was still breathing, did i finally realise that the rest of the wolf creatures were dead and the rest of my platoon was helping me carry Soloman to a spot where we can more or less stay check him for any more serious injuries. We took refuge inside a small cave where Bentie peformed feild surgery on Soloman, stiching his back closed, Bentie told me that Soloman was real lucky that the radio pack took 90% of the strike otherwise Soloman would have been cut in half blow the strike. Bentie told me that other then major gash in his back and a split in the scalp running above the left eye Soloman would be walking again in a few days and that he wouldnt have any major impairments in the long run, but for now anyway he cant be moved and we are gonna have to stay here for at least four days. For people like us, staying in one spot for that long you may as well advertise you'll location. and now in this unfamilular land this old saying/guide line is even more important to follow now. But I know from experance to what happens to a person when they get hit like Soloman and you move them after sewing them back together. and I had sweared to myself and to god that I would never make that mistake agian, never ever again. That night while Cole and Muhammad took first watch I keept my watch on Soloman, I stayed by my friends side all the night.

Author's note: sorry Folks that I havent posted in a while stuff in Real life came up and That needed to be addressed, Few this was a long chapter. thought it may be interesting to include a few more deatials about Issac and his men Like what some of the gear they carry is and if one looks carefuly possabliy where they're from. Comments appreaciated, Critism must be Poliet and constructive, And critize the spelling, Im workng on that.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Day 17

When I woke up I found my self sitting up right against a wall, Soloman was to my right and was still breathing. I got up from my spot and moved up to the cave and noticed that save for Muhammad, Bentie and Cole everyone else was there. I came up and asked them where Cole, Bentie and Muhammad went. Rogers said that they went out into the jungle to find some food and gather some herbs. I was ready to chew him a new ass when I heard three gun reports. I went to grab my rifle and head out when Zim grabbed my should. "Issac you cant go out their man, You give our position away. To Them" he told me and pointed his index finger to some kind of creature that reminded me of Rhino, but this thing was huge about seventy feet tall, It also had longer legs and a longer neck then a Rhino but other then that the same thing though huge. I was starting to sweat, not from the heat but because if the creature that was 30 meters away from shared any other traits with rhino's then it would most likely attack us, due to the fact that Rhinos and most other powerful animals of the wild back home had lost their fear of man kind due to decades of unchecked human encroachment. We stood their and watched the Rhino like creature meander away from our sight and we breathed a collective sigh of relief when we didn't hear it any more. at least for me and Zim this wouldn't have been the first time we got attacked by wildlife. Like the Mission in the Savanna's of Africa were in one day our squad got attacked by Hyenas, lions, 3 rhinos and even a goddamn hippo. We lost guys during that op and the mission was scrubbed. though that was 15 years ago when i was just a PFC and he was corporal. I spent the next fours hours waiting for Cole and the others to return, worrying my hair grey about them like how any commander would in this shitfest of a situation. To kill time i did maintenance on my Much used rifle, Counted all the ammunition i had left and even sharpened my two combat knifes and the two seven inch throwing knifes I kept inside a inner sheath in my boots. I was getting ready to check over and count my grenades when Cole, Muhammad and Bentie returned. Cole and Muhammad had some kind of elk and even fish, Bentie had a rucksack full of edible fruits and wild vegetables, plus some powerful herds he found. I am truly thankful that Cole and Muhammad had already cooked the meat so we wouldn't have had to make a fire and give our location away. Bentie got to work immediately on Soloman, cleaning the area where he stitched the Back flesh Together and making some kind of ointment out of the herbs and applying it onto the area. Soloman grunted with pain and Bentie rewrap him in fresh bandages and then assisted him with drinking some water and eating some the fruit he found. I was disheartened when I saw how little Soloman was Drinking and eating, and that reminded me that he was still clinging on by a few threads. after eating some fish and elk meat i had Cole make sure that stuff that we didn't eat was dumped as far away as possible. Cole left the cave with rubbish in hand and returned 30 minutes later. He informed us of a clear water stream were he had dumped the rubbish off to the side. He also said that the stream may lead to lake. It was already night fall and my men and I took shifts in our sleep.

Author's note: decided to add some more wildlife and drop some hints to Issac's Past and the past of some of the people under his command. Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:03 am

sorry folks for the long delay things came up and keept me occupied, hopefuly by thursday i can get day 18 up
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:18 am

And now after what seemed was enternity ( lots of stuff happend, leave it at that) I present to you the MVC err.. I mean day 18

Day 18

Today started off on a good note, Soloman was up and about, damn what ever it was that Bentie had found out there yesterday and made into a oniment sure as hell worked. But that was the only good thing today. After i ordered my men to head torwards the stream that Cole had found yesterday. Thats when it hit the fan, not too long after we had arrived at the stream did we had to scatter and hid when Cole said he spotted some heading our way. So we scattered and hid. me, Cole and Soloman hid under a brace of fallen trees, well i was expexting something from the ground to be coming but Cole must have forgotten to point out that the threat landed from above. It was some kind of bird lady thing that reminded me a little too much of a harpy from mythology. she was maybe 60ft tall and had a wing span to match. She must have spotted us from above but couldnt see where we were hidden because she callout out to us. "Come on out you shaggy slime faced maggots, I know you cowardly son of Bitchs are hidding somewhere, so be a bunch of good little cowardly, mud caked, flat faced, ugly pansies and come out." she spoke aloud. I didnt know weather or not she was trying to get us mad and come out. all I knew was, that it didnt work. I peaked out of my hidding place just long enough for the other guys to see me make the series of hand signs that meant "sneack past the bitch and get the hell out of here." Muhammad nodded and rallyed the guys at his end. I rallyed Cole and Soloman and all of us began a slow crawl out of the area through the underbrush. Then I heard a twig snap which broke the tense silence and alterted the bird woman to our location. I look down at my boot and realised i was the one who stepped on the twig. I cused under my breath and did the one senseable thing, I did a barrel roll and just barely missed getting snagged on one of the huge talons that ripped through the underbrush where i was before. I yelled into the mic radio "lite the bitch up" while simaltanoueslly fireing my assult rifle. The bird woman seamed to retreat from the mass gunfire and her exit gave us a chance to haul ass out of here. We broke cover and ran, hoping to reach the safety of the thick jungel brush to escape the bird woman. It was all going well till i heard a flap of a giant wing. I dolphin dived to the side and missed the sharp talons. But I didnt emerge on sacthed for the egde of the last talon slashed a deep cut into my fore arms sending a searing jolt of pain up my left arm. Pain i hadnt expercied since the time i was captured by insurgents in somalia twelve years pior. I heard cover fire from the thick brush and i knew my men were covering my retreat. I clutched my left fore arm with my right hand as best as i could. even though the gash was from the palm of my hand to my elbow. I hear a thump then a explosion as the bird womans head was blown apart by a 40mm grenade, from Muhammad's greade launcher. I scrambled into the brush and i was unsure as to what had happend afterwards for one moment i was walking and the next i was awake inside a cave with Muhammad and Bentie looking over me. I had asked what happend and they had replied that i had loss a lot of blood and lasped into shock. Later that night with Zim, Cole and Soloman taking first watch. I settled back into the feild mat and balnket that had become my bed. Before i knew it sleep had overcome me.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Ok folks I havent been on for a while because of some stuff that came up so I do hope this isnt necroposting. Without further adue Day 19

Day 19

I woked up with pain in my left arm from palm to elbow. I was bewildered at the reason why it hurted so much until yesterdays events came rushing back to my head. A fight, a bird lady, i was got hit, danger blackness. I had thought momentes had only passed and my men where in danger and so I did what 30 years of speacial forces combat has taught me, roll to your front, get up and shoot as you get up. and i did just that execpt two things occured immeditly, one my hand went to sidearm that wasnt there, two i hitted my head on a earthy ceilling which sent waves of pain down my head and into my head and caused me to fall and land on my ass.great Issac you just made a rook mistake. thank god this isnt Afganastan or you would be dead right now my inner voice rebuked. I scanned the room natural; no barrow. Freashly dug, no been around 3 months old. Inhabbited by anything other then me right now, yes.Human?yes.My men? most likely. Why does my chest feel open? no shirt or tatical vest nor any weapons save my fists, Peachy. I heard a click and i swing around throwing a fist to pulp the face of whatever it was that was behind me. A massive hand grabbed my fist and stops the punch another grabs my right shoulder and shakes me. "whao there Issac, it me man no need to punch my face in" cole said. Then I realised I tried to punch Cole, damn im fucking jumping. I havent been like this since the time when things went to hell during that one op in the ruins of germany, Real scary that place nowadays, Really scary but then again earth became a very harsh , very different place from the place my great grand parents used to tell me as a kid. Seeing how edgey i am here reminds me how starkly different this world is from the world i Know. It's not the nosie of the jungle it self thats getting at me, It the lack of the nosie Im familular with thats getting me. No sound of airplanes, fighter jets, the steady boom of bombs and artillary and the crack-crack-crack of atuomatic weapons. It reaminded me of those times where everything went quiet before an ambush or the situation turning FUBAR. I had to pull myself together and lead my men Out of this hell, if there is a way out that is. I asked Cole if he knew what the other guys were doing. "Muhammad, Michal, Nick and Nolem are looking for food. Bentie, Rogick, Zim, Rogers, and Sanders are getting water. and Everyone else is check equipment counting ammo and relaoding Magazines" he told me. I silently breathed a sigh of relief before speaking to Cole. "who took charge when i was KO?" I asked him. "that would've have been Zim sir" he said to me. "good, then lets get everyone back and hunker down here for tonight." I told cole. When everyone got back we ate then I took first watch for it was already night fall. I sat There watching, waiting for something, I was ready to change shift with cole when something fast struck me with enough force to knock me down. one second I was on watch, next second Im struggleing to keep some kind of stone or flint dagger from slicing my throat. My assalient was some kind of human/cat thing. The human/cat thing was strong, so strong that I felt the blood rushing to my head from the execertion of keeping it from killing me. I twisted my hips and brought my knee up into my attacker's gorin which momentarly stuned it. Which gave me enough time to force the dagger hand of my attacker into the ground and flip him onto his back, with myslef being ontop. I pinned one of his arms agianst his side with my legs and pinned the other arm down with my own. I took my free arm and punched the human/cat things face three times. It didnt move after the third punch but I wasnt gonna take a chance so I grabbed its chin and the back of its head tightly and snapped its neck in one swift movement. The commoution woke the others up and the were baffed at the human/cat thing dead at my feet. The asked me what happend and I just said one thing, "I got supprised". Cole took his shift with Bentie. Before I felt the tingling waves of sleep overcome me I had one thought."That was Too much like The op in Germany".
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 pm

I really do enjoy your stories, just started reading them, and just finished. Most of the criticism i had in mind was already taken, but i am curious as to why species like nekos are being so vicious.
Back to top Go down
world_slayer
Naga food
world_slayer

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm

A very entertaining read. Pred sense tends to get in the way at times. It's like rolling a d20 with 20 on all sides.

Edit: For a spellchecker, you could download Open Office. A freeware software that's very similar to Microsoft Office.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 am

EvilGenius wrote:
I really do enjoy your stories, just started reading them, and just finished. Most of the criticism i had in mind was already taken, but i am curious as to why species like nekos are being so vicious.

Thank you for enjoying my stories, I was about to think that no one cared about them.

and for the neko's being so vicious well Its a big bad jungle and only the strongst and most Vicious will survive.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Another good chapter, but I must ask a few questions:
The world which Issac came from; What was it like? What year was it in that world? What happend to Germany? And for that manner, the rest of the world?
It's ok if you dont answer any of my questions, if answering them would give spoilers, but I just needed to ask.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:24 am

Quote :
only the strongst and most Vicious will survive.

ehm...I have to disagree. Only the smartest will survive.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 am

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
Another good chapter, but I must ask a few questions:
The world which Issac came from; What was it like? What year was it in that world? What happend to Germany? And for that manner, the rest of the world?
It's ok if you dont answer any of my questions, if answering them would give spoilers, but I just needed to ask.

Earth
Different from it is now.
Early 2100's
Germany well, I cant really say but all I can say is that The place is Mostly Uninhabbital.
The rest of the world, well lets just say what has happened makes whats going on today petty in comparison.

Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:55 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
only the strongst and most Vicious will survive.

ehm...I have to disagree. Only the smartest will survive.

your statement does hold truth but only when applied to prey and pred. but it can somewhat hold truth when applied to two prey species competting for survial like a neko and human. Though my statement would also hold truth in the latter. But agian thank you for your opion, I really appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackAion
Naga food
BlackAion

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 pm

TOO MANY TYPOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Other than that Awesome story man, Awesome story.

300 days of hell - Page 2 Kakash11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 300 days of hell   300 days of hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

300 days of hell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2