Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dridder Culture

Go down 
+9
Feign
Karbo
Siafu789
gwadahunter2222
Silent_eric
Shady Knight
Claire
Pendragon
GREGOLE
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Dridder Culture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Here I should throw my two cents. Regis Dridders aren't evil, in fact, they are the ones who regret the most the actions of Sineria. They avoid nagas like the plague, they fear it would spark another war, and they almost got hunted to extinction. They could befriend nagas, but it would be a very long and tedious process to have them come out of their shells.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:52 am

I think that most people dislike Dridders because they are part spider and spiders are just so different from most other creatures. I know I dont like spiders (I saw what a Brown Recluse bite did to one of my friends. not lethal, but very gross, but to be fair there are snakes with venom that does the same thing.) And there just isnt a lot of positive Dridder material out there. I seriously doubt the whole species is evil, but it is really easy to cast a spider as an evil creature (I know spiders almost always represent evil in Stephen King novels).
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 am

Quote :
I think that most people dislike Dridders because they are part spider and spiders are just so different from most other creatures. I know I dont like spiders (I saw what a Brown Recluse bite did to one of my friends. not lethal, but very gross,

You need to get a good look at a jumping spider. The single most adorable arthropod out there.... cept maybe a mantis.

Quote :
And there just isnt a lot of positive Dridder material out there.

There's an entire unexplored world of potential out there, it's just that writers and artists are too lazy to do anything unusual with them.

I've seen some unorthodox spider-based concepts before. I know for a fact that it can be done.

There's Spiderman, and we all love him.

There's Charlotte.

One person has included an adorable, friendly doglike spider monster in his giant monster series.

Another friend of mine succeded in modelling an alien organism after a tarantula and making it bloody ADORABLE.

And even I myself have rendered a giant spider monster which, while technically an antagonist, proved to be a silly, entertaining and somewhat cute character.

So I know for a fact that spiders are a fertile element.

Quote :
but it is really easy to cast a spider as an evil creature (I know spiders almost always represent evil in Stephen King novels).

Which is just plain lazy writing.

Now, I do accept and actually enjoy the idea of Pennywise' true form being that of a giant spider because of the theme of the monster. The closest thing human eyes can comprehend is a creature that personifies our fear and grows stronger based on them. The spider is the single most feared creature on Earth(even though it SHOULD be something like a black mamba or a mosquito or hell, a T-rex!) and such, the image reflects its purpose.

But when fear and human assosciation aren't involved, making spiders invariably the bad guy is just plain lazyass writing and I don't condone that one bit.

We've already put snakes into a positive light - something almost never done - so why can't we do the same with spiders?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:41 am

That's what I'm doing with Misty, making her so adorable hugging her is instinctive.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 am

Quote :
There's Spiderman, and we all love him.

of course we all love spiderman, he does whatever a spider can. (sorry, I had to say it Very Happy )

But anyway, I think spiders a cool creatures. I got no problem with jumping spiders, really just Brown Recluses (Brown Recluse bites cause necrosis of the surrounding tissue, thats what I was saying was gross. and they are small and easy to miss until you get bit.)

Quote :
The spider is the single most feared creature on Earth(even though it SHOULD be something like a black mamba or a mosquito or hell, a T-rex!)

I totally agree with you about mosquitos, I hate them with a passion. I lived in south Florida for 16 years and mosquito season was miserable.We had mosquitos there that were bigger than some of the wasps (those bastards hurt like hell when they bit you too).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dridder Culture   Dridder Culture - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dridder Culture
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2