Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamina

Go down 
+2
gwadahunter2222
Daimo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:03 am

O.O

This is something to ponder about. Let's take a Mountain Harpy for example, let's say that the Mountain Harpy was originally a regular harpy. In order to adapt to the conditions that were present in Lamina, the harpy decreased in size in order to support itself with less food. Then it's body naturally became more aerodynamic giving it enhanced speed and agility while flying. If the harpy used to use wind magic then it internalized during the adaptation process and gave it even more speed and agility, or something like that. Hmm, I'm going to definatly need to think about this a little more. This gives the possibility of Lamina never becoming less difficult if the predators are going to just keep evolving like the Humans and Nekos.
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:10 am

Daimo wrote:
O.O

This is something to ponder about. Let's take a Mountain Harpy for example, let's say that the Mountain Harpy was originally a regular harpy. In order to adapt to the conditions that were present in Lamina, the harpy decreased in size in order to support itself with less food. Then it's body naturally became more aerodynamic giving it enhanced speed and agility while flying. If the harpy used to use wind magic then it internalized during the adaptation process and gave it even more speed and agility, or something like that. Hmm, I'm going to definatly need to think about this a little more. This gives the possibility of Lamina never becoming less difficult if the predators are going to just keep evolving like the Humans and Nekos.

Not really it will shorter their life span. In clear all the magic of the mountains harpy has been used to developp physical abilities. I explain their magic helps them to stand the magic shortage due to the radiation of the gems so if they use magic there is a risk they die faster because it will make them to from the harsh condition of Lamina.

There is a strong restriction about the use of magic, so the mountains harpy developp in a way they don't have to use magics, they parfectly adapt to Lamina. If they want to use magic as their cousins do they have to leave Lamina Laughing

In clear the more the magic you use the more chance you have to die in Lamina Evil laugh

Lamina is very difficult to everyone but the natives have a strong advantage on the foreigners because they know how Lamina is dangerous Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:16 am

Quote :
Not really it will shorter their life span. In clear all the magic of the mountains harpy has been used to developp physical abilities. I explain their magic helps them to stand the magic shortage due to the radiation of the gems so if they use magic there is a risk they die faster because it will make them to from the harsh condition of Lamina.

There is a strong restriction about the use of magic, so the mountains harpy developp in a way they don't have to use magics, they parfectly adapt to Lamina. If they want to use magic as their cousins do they have to leave Lamina Laughing

In clear the more the magic you use the more chance you have to die in Lamina Evil laugh

Lamina is very difficult to everyone but the natives have a strong advantage on the foreigners because they know how Lamina is dangerous Wink

Ah, so basically the races who live in Lamina are physically superior to their magic using cousins. I wasn't going for this at first, but I guess it just turned out that way.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Daimo wrote:

Ah, so basically the races who live in Lamina are physically superior to their magic using cousins. I wasn't going for this at first, but I guess it just turned out that way.

yes but their cousins are magically superior too Laughing

I will avoid to do this kind of statement about superiority because creatures in Lamina developp in order to adapt to the place where they live. It's the case of all the creature of Felarya.

Each things have their advantage and flaws, the mountains harpies are faster and more agile but they can't stand strong wind contrary to Rock harpies with has powerfull wings can stand the winds better.

Like the hawk and the eagle Very Happy

An evolution is influenced by the envirronment, the living condition of Lamina are not the same in the other areas of Felarya so it's difficult to say what place is superior to another.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Quote :
yes but their cousins are magically superior too Laughing

I will avoid to do this kind of statement about superiority because creatures in Lamina developp in order to adapt to the place where they live. It's the case of all the creature of Felarya.

Each things have their advantage and flaws, the mountains harpies are faster and more agile but they can't stand strong wind contrary to Rock harpies with has powerfull wings can stand the winds better.

Like the hawk and the eagle Very Happy

An evolution is influenced by the envirronment, the living condition of Lamina are not the same in the other areas of Felarya so it's difficult to say what place is superior to another.

You forget that a creature that lives in Lamina can leave anytime and gain the benefits of their cousins (They gain the full effects of the Felaryan soil and have the chance to learn magic) while keeping their physical superiority. You're right though, Felaryan isn't really about who is stronger than who, it's about eating and not trying to get eaten. Lol.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Daimo wrote:

You forget that a creature that lives in Lamina can leave anytime and gain the benefits of their cousins (They gain the full effects of the Felaryan soil and have the chance to learn magic) while keeping their physical superiority. You're right though, Felaryan isn't really about who is stronger than who, it's about eating and not trying to get eaten. Lol.
After superman there will be the superharpy Laughing
and the Phokesian Gem will act like the kryptonites Laughing
Don't forget the Lamina's Pride I think a creature of Lamina will say something like "Magic is for the weak"
Like Conan the barbarian Laughing
Don't forget they will have to learn from their cousin how to use magics, and if their cousins come in Lamina they will have to learn how to use their physical ability. It's well-balanced isn't it Wink
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Quote :
After superman there will be the superharpy Laughing
and the Phokesian Gem will act like the kryptonites Laughing
Don't forget the Lamina's Pride I think a creature of Lamina will say something like "Magic is for the weak"
Like Conan the barbarian Laughing
Don't forget they will have to learn from their cousin how to use magics, and if their cousins come in Lamina they will have to learn how to use their physical ability. It's well-balanced isn't it.

True, true.

Lol. Super Harpy ftw.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Daimo wrote:

True, true.

Lol. Super Harpy ftw.

Yeah cheers
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 am

Rock Worm
Height-50 Feet
Length- 300 Feet
Threat: Low
Description: Rock Worms are giant worms that reside underneath the Lamina Region. The Rock Worms are a beneficial to the Terrians when it comes to their agriculture process. Their activity underneath the ground aerates and mixes the soil present in the Lamina cave system and is constructive to mineralization and nutrient uptake by vegetation. While they’re not dangerous, they tend to be a nuisance when they come to the surface, because the Rock Worms sometimes surfaces in Terria, causing damage to buildings and other structures. When they burrow up to the surface it can cause small earthquakes that can also damage the weaker structures in the city.

Rock Mole
Height: 150 Feet
Description: Rock Moles are gigantic moles that live underneath the Lamina region. They are covered in thick, durable, blackish brown fur and have large clawed feet, hands, and a long thick tail. While not very agile, Rock Moles are very durable, have an incredible sense of smell, and their razor sharp claws can shred through tough material very easily. Rock Moles create tunnels underneath the ground when they are traveling. Their primary diet consists of the worms and insects that live underneath the ground. They’re not really dangerous, but it’s been reported that Rock Moles do prey on other small creatures when it’s hungry enough and they’re big enough to shallow them whole. Rock Moles in Lamina are simply another nuisance to the inhabitants of Terria because they have a habit of wandering close the city to only get driven back by turret fire.

Crystal Worm
Height: 100 feet
Length: 500 feet
Threat: High
Description: Crystal Worms are Rock Worms that have been mutated due to the influence of the Phokesian Gems in the Lamina cave system. Appearance wise, Crystal Worms are identical to Rock Worms, except they are bigger, have a mouth that is lined with razor sharp teeth, and are covered with strange glowing spike shaped crystals that protrude from its skin. While a Rock Worm is just an annoyance to the inhabitants of Terria, a Crystal Worm is highly dangerous because they are attracted to Phokesian Gems and the bigger the gem, the more the attraction. The Giant Phokesian Gem in Terria is big enough to always attract Crystal Worms that is in the area. Terrians usually can tell when one is coming due to the powerful earthquakes it produces when it burrows in the ground. Crystal Worms are very durable and highly resistance to energy weapons, and along with the gigantic size, killing just one takes a huge amount of effort. It doesn’t help that they are violent, have a voracious appetite, and will eat almost anything. Whenever a Crystal Worm shows up in Terria, the city almost always suffers an extensive amount of damage. Luckily, a Crystal Worm isn’t too common and so far has only showed up one at a time.

Crystal Mole
Height: 200 Feet
Description: Crystal Moles are Rock Moles that have been mutated like the Rock Worms due the Phokesian Gems influence in the Lamina Cave System. Instead of being covered in thick, durable, blackish brown fur, a Crystal Mole is covered in spike shaped, glowing white crystal that acts like its fur. Like the Crystal Worm, it’s violent, voracious, attracted to Phokesian Gems, very durable and highly resistant to energy based weapons, but it still lacks agility like its non mutated cousin. Whenever one shows up at Terria, it usually causes a lot of damage before being killed or driven back. A Crystal Mole is less common than a Crystal Worm, but more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:47 am

Very interesting species but I think they are a bit too big and in addition the tunnels they dig can allow some predators on the surface to access to Terria Sad
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Very interesting species but I think they are a bit too big and in addition the tunnels they dig can allow some predators on the surface to access to Terria Sad

I kind of like, want that to happen. As for their size, I didn't really see anything wrong with it... : /
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:14 am

Daimo wrote:

I kind of like, want that to happen. As for their size, I didn't really see anything wrong with it... : /
The problem the moles and worms are in general the preys of the creatures which lives on the surface.
By example when it's raining the creatures tend to climb back to the surface due to the fact they tunnel are flooded with water and become vulnerable to the predator who lives on the surface.

In clear when the storm season there is a strong chance people of Terria know tsunami

And the problem with a worms if they breed very quickly, in general they are in mass on the ground.
And for the mole their size is not advantage due to the fact the air is very rare underground, so they can get exhausted quickly
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:23 am

Quote :
The problem the moles and worms are in general the preys of the creatures which lives on the surface.
By example when it's raining the creatures tend to climb back to the surface due to the fact they tunnel are flooded with water and become vulnerable to the predator who lives on the surface.

In clear when the storm season there is a strong chance people of Terria know tsunami

And the problem with a worms if they breed very quickly, in general they are in mass on the ground.
And for the mole their size is not advantage due to the fact the air is very rare underground, so they can get exhausted quickly

The Cave System is ten miles underneath the ground and is gigantic, but I kind of see what you're saying. However, I doubt the Terrians are ever going to experience a Tsunami.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 am

Daimo wrote:
Quote :

The Cave System is ten miles underneath the ground and is gigantic, but I kind of see what you're saying. However, I doubt the Terrians are ever going to experience a Tsunami.
Ahem, they can get to the surface, and dig a tunnel lead right in the middle of Terria. Assuming there's an heavy dowpour, it leads directly to Terria. Assuming there was a crater shaped rock formation nearby that is overloaded with water, and it crumbles, leading the water through the tunnel. We got here a catastrophic flood. There's always more than meets the eye.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:30 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Daimo wrote:
Quote :

Ahem, they can get to the surface, and dig a tunnel lead right in the middle of Terria. Assuming there's an heavy dowpour, it leads directly to Terria. Assuming there was a crater shaped rock formation nearby that is overloaded with water, and it crumbles, leading the water through the tunnel. We got here a catastrophic flood. There's always more than meets the eye.

Gah, I guess I didn't think this one out so throughly. Hmm, scratch
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:48 am

Daimo wrote:

I admit I a bit exagerate about the tsunami, the some gigantic caves like that are created by erosion and other geological activities in clear is not creatures which create them.
But the size of the creature who live underground like the moles and the worms are too big, you should correct that because they are the food of the creature on the surface which will start to become incredibly huge.
And the problem with worms in that size the soil of Lamina will become very rich and in that case you will see gigantic tree appears on the surface because they fertilize the soil to an incredible rate. The life condittion on surface will become better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:52 am

Okay this should be better...

Rock Worm
Height: 25 Feet
Length: 100 Feet
Description: Rock Worms are giant worms that reside underneath the Lamina Cave System. The Rock Worms are a beneficial to the Terrians when it comes to their agriculture processes. Their activity underneath the ground aerates and mixes the soil present in the Lamina cave system and is constructive to mineralization and nutrient uptake by vegetation. While they’re not dangerous and stay underneath the ground most of their lifetime, they tend to be a nuisance when they come to the surface of the Cave System sometimes, because the Rock Worms sometimes surfaces in Terria, causing damage to buildings and other structures. When they burrow up to the surface it can cause small earthquakes that can also damage the weaker structures in the city. The Rock Worms habitat is underneath the Cave System, so they usually never travel up to the surface of the Lamina Mountain Region.

Rock Mole
Height: 75 Feet
Description: Rock Moles are gigantic moles that live in the Lamina Cave System. They are covered in thick, durable, blackish brown fur and have large clawed feet, hands, and a long thick tail. While not very agile, Rock Moles are very durable, have an incredible sense of smell, and their razor sharp claws can shred through tough material very easily. Rock Moles create tunnels underneath the ground when they are traveling. Their primary diet consists of the worms and insects that live underneath the Lamina Cave System. They’re not really dangerous, but it’s been reported that Rock Moles will eat Terrians or Mants when it’s hungry enough and they’re big enough to shallow them whole. Rock Moles are simply another nuisance to the inhabitants of Terria because they have a habit of wandering close the city to only get driven back by turret fire. Like the Rock Worms, they never usually go up to the surface of the Lamina Mountain Region.

Crystal Worm
Height: 50 feet
Length: 100 feet
Description: Crystal Worms are Rock Worms that have been mutated due to the influence of the Phokesian Gems in the Lamina cave system. Appearance wise, Crystal Worms are identical to Rock Worms, except they are bigger, have a mouth that is lined with razor sharp teeth, and are covered with strange glowing spike shaped crystals that protrude from its skin. While a Rock Worm is just an annoyance to the inhabitants of Terria, a Crystal Worm is highly dangerous because they are attracted to Phokesian Gems and the bigger the gem, the more the attraction. The Giant Phokesian Gem in Terria is big enough to always attract Crystal Worms that is in the area. Terrians usually can tell when one is coming due to the earthquakes it produces when it burrows in the ground. Crystal Worms are very durable and highly resistance to energy weapons, and along with the gigantic size, killing just one takes a huge amount of effort. It doesn’t help that they are violent, have a voracious appetite, and will almost eat anything. Whenever Crystal Worms shows up in Terria, the city almost always suffers an extensive amount of damage.

Crystal Mole
Height: 100 Feet
Description: Crystal Moles are Rock Moles that have been mutated like the Rock Worms due the Phokesian Gems influence in the Lamina Cave System. Instead of being covered in thick, durable, blackish brown fur, a Crystal Mole is covered in spike shaped, glowing white crystal that acts like its fur. Like the Crystal Worm, it’s violent, voracious, attracted to Phokesian Gems, very durable and highly resistant to energy based weapons, but it still lacks agility like its non mutated cousin. Whenever they show up at Terria, it usually causes a lot of damage before being killed or driven back. A Crystal Mole is less common than a Crystal Worm, but more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:12 am

It's better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Minor Race
Mants

Background
In the Subterranean Lamina Region there is a rare race of Humanoid Ants that live with the Terria Humans, Nekos, and Hybrids. They were dubbed “Mants” by the first generation Humans and Nekos because of their unique appearance. The Mants had already lived in the Lamina Cave System for years before the Humans and Nekos arrived. According to the Mants, their colony was just mysteriously sent to Lamina by some unknown force, so they are not natives to Felarya. The first generation Humans and Nekos were able to make relations with the Mants by promising to help expand their colony. This relationship slowly evolved over time into what it is now. The Mants can be considered the backbone of Terria. They make up the most of Terria’s population and are the ones that are in charge of Terria’s repairs and construction because of their extensive knowledge of the different materials in Lamina’s cave system.

Since they have lived in the cave system for a long period of time, the Mants have the most resistance to the radiation given off by the Phokesian Gem, but their life span is still rather short, most of them only live to about 50. The Mants have also evolved to the point where their a lot more Human than Ant in how they act. They don’t have a queen, anybody who is wise enough can be their leader, and all of them have the ability to reproduce.

Appearance
Mants are combinations of different traits from both the human and ant species. They have some human features in the shape of their body, and certain facial features, like a human mouth and human hair, which are the same, minus the color. They do have an ant’s exoskeleton, which covers most of their face, excluding the mouth and scalp, and on their body, arms, and legs, but mostly leaving a gap in the joints, as well as, in the pelvic region, for mating purposes. They also have other ant features like the compound eyes and antennas, which protrude from their forehead.

The Mants skin tone is light orange-reddish color and their antenna is for a form of hearing, sensing the vibrations in the air, to a much better degree than ears. Their eyes are of a different design than man, better for sight in darkness, but not quite as good in distance as human eyes. Their exoskeletons are very sturdy, better than scales in defense, but not quite as mobile, though, the gaps in the joints and pelvis they gained made their mobility slightly better, they are still quite slow, a little slower than Terrian Humans. As for height, the Mants on average are about 7 feet tall.

Abilities
Mants have enormous strength. They can lift ten times their own weight due to the structure of their muscles. This super strength is extremely useful when it comes to fighting off predators in the Lamina Cave System and predators in general, while it’s also useful for work to lift very heavy things, and to move any obstacle out of the way. Secondly, they have pores in their hands and feet that secrete special fluids. Those fluids allow the Mants to climb up walls and on ceilings. This is handy for travel and to get a good grip. The grip is obvious, while travel as in up mountains and over obstacles. They have pores on their hands and feet that are small, but numerous, to make the process that much easier.

And so this marks the end of Lamina as an idea. I just gotta revise everything now and then I'm finished...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:01 am

Well this was a great idea ! cheers

I first thought I would add it just as a sub-zone of Akaptor but now I think it can be a whole new zone of its own. It's detailled, rich, and have a "feel" of its own ^_^
Plus Mangamastemrind had the idea of a Savanna zone that I loved as well and I think the two can really fits together ' like Akaptor east - then Lamina - then Savanna west - then another more wet zone with the great city of Kelermn.

I probably won't take all of it and drop / modify some parts ( I always do that ^^; ) but if you are fine with that, then it's on my list Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:47 am

I'm completely cool with it, Karbo. Cool
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:18 pm

I added some races but made some modifications here and there ( like on names ) ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Mmm... I noticed and I'm OK with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamina
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: