Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamina

Go down 
+2
gwadahunter2222
Daimo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Daimo wrote:

Aww, c'mon it's my first idea after joining this site. I'm sure I will have many more and better ones down the road.

Also, y'know you wanna get a Terrian Laser Blade. Wink
It's an excellent idea you have Very Happy

The problem is just me when I like something too much. I tend to exagerate a bit sometime Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:33 pm

And great work again on the subterran part ^_^
I especially loved the Phokesian Gem idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:51 am

It's official, one arc in my story will take place in Lamnia. Kudos Daimo! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:53 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
It's official, one arc in my story will take place in Lamnia. Kudos Daimo! cheers
Don't forget in this place your magic powers are weak in this place Razz
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 am

That's the point, two artifacts for Elemental Knight is hidden there. The gist of the trial is to claim it when your magic is useless. The easier one will be the Earth Stone since Earth already focus on physical strength. The harder, more interesiting is the Light Stone. It's way harder claiming this one as Light is a more Magic oriented element in my stories, so you'll have to use your brain in sync with your brawn to claim it. You actually requires those two to get their Core counterpart, which is a bit devilish since the Cores would have made acquiring the Stones a walk in the park in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 am

Sean Okotami wrote:

WOOT! I'll be lookin' forward to that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Terrians
Terrians are people who live underneath the Lamina Mountain Region. They are technologically and scientifically advanced. They try to keep their city, Terria, as stable and as safe as it can be as they continue to experiment with the Phokesian Gem and mine the cave system they live in. The Humans who visit Terria find that the Terrians can make excellent weapons. However, Terrians aren’t a war like people. They only develop weapons that can protect them against the Predators. They do have a fighting force in the form of the highly skilled Terrian Attack Force, but it’s not really a military. Should the Terrians ever go to war with another group of people they are more than capable of attacking or defending using their Phokesian based technology. Currently, Negav is in the process of trying to establish relations with the Terrians, but nothing has really gone through yet since the Terrians don’t really trust Negav and they don’t like the idea of being too known to the people on the surface.

First Generation Terrian Humans
The First Generation of Humans that lived in Terria was exactly the same as the other Humans living on the surface of Felarya. They had no special or enhanced physical attributes to speak off and they had no natural resistance to the radiation given off by the Phokesian gem. The First Generation Humans worked with the First Generation Nekos to establish relations with the Mants in order to build Terria. They are also the ones that discovered the potential of the Phokesian Gem. Currently, there are no First Generation Humans living in Terria anymore. They’ve all died off.

Second Generation Terrian Humans
The Second Generation Humans living in Terria are part of the elderly population right now. They are a little better off compared to the First Generation since they’ve adapted to their conditions a little more. They have slightly higher strength and endurance compared to a normal human and their bodies are more resistant to the Phokesian Gem radiation allowing them to live longer. They Second Generation Humans worked with the Second Generation Nekos and Mants to actually harness the power of the Phokesian Gem and turn Terria--city-wise and society wise--into what it is now. Sadly, the Second Generation Humans that remained in Terria are steadily dying off now.

Thrid Generation Terrian Humans
The Third Generation Humans living in Terria are now part of the adult population. They have the same physical attributes as the Second Generation Humans except they are a little more resistant to the Phokesian Gem, thus increasing their life span a little more. Also, some Third Generation Humans have developed psychokinetic abilities, but they are an extreme minority. The Third Generation Humans along with the other races are trying to solve their famine issue and are trying to make Terria more stable and safe place. Experimentation with the Phokesian Gem is still going on.

Fourth Generation Terrian Humans
The Fourth Generation Humans living in Terria are currently the kids and teenagers. They are the same in everyway when compared to the third generation, except more fourth generation Humans are developing psychokinetic abilities. Scientists think it’s probably a mutation caused by the Phokesian Gem. The population with PK powers is still an extreme minority in Terria.

Check List
Lamina (Mountain Region)
Lamina (Mountain Region) Hybrid Predators
Lamina (Mountain Region) Predators
Lamina (Subterranean)
Lamina (Terria)
Lamina (Terrians)
Lamina (Terrian Humans)

Lamina (Terrian Hybrids)
Lamina (Terrian Nekos)
Lamina (Terrian Mants)
Lamina (Subterranean Predators)
Revision
End
*sighs*
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:45 pm

It's well-done the story of the Terrians Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 am

So PK stand for Psychokinetic? That explains why it was put in Ness' movepool in Smash Bros games. I'll make sure the Chapters in Lamnia will be interesting, but I need to rework on Sean, he's borderline-sue. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:06 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
So PK stand for Psychokinetic? That explains why it was put in Ness' movepool in Smash Bros games. I'll make sure the Chapters in Lamnia will be interesting, but I need to rework on Sean, he's borderline-sue. ^^;

Ah, well good luck with that. After I finish up Lamina and my character bios I'm going to make my attempt at writing my own story.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:44 am

Daimo wrote:

Ah, well good luck with that. After I finish up Lamina and my character bios I'm going to make my attempt at writing my own story.
Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:01 pm

O.o

For once...I have no update for today. I didn't feel like writing it up. I will have one tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Daimo wrote:
O.o

For once...I have no update for today. I didn't feel like writing it up. I will have one tomorrow though.
See ya tommorow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 pm

Interesting how they are evolving to adapt their surroundings ^_^
Their name remind me a bit of the Terrans of starcraft XD
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Sand Dune Tribe
In the past, there used to be a tribe of Nekos that lived in the great desert. This tribe was called the Sand Dune Tribe. Their name was derived from the fact they lived in the desert and because they had the ability to control the sand itself. Their village was located next to a large oasis that was big enough to support them. Since they had to use their land carefully, the Sand Dune Nekos were expert farmers and had extensive knowledge of different types of soil. Sand Dune Nekos were also very welcoming to adventures and so whoever stumbled upon their tribe was very lucky because they would be able to have a good rest for the night. The Sand Dune Nekos never really had to deal with predators since at that time there weren’t that many predators living in the great desert and if they were attacked by a predator they used their ability to control the sand to drive it back.

Unfortunately, the Sand Dune Tribe almost met their end at the hands of a drought that lasted for years. The lack of rain made them use more and more of their oasis water supply and once they ran out they were pretty much screwed. Without the much needed water their crops died and they were forced to abandon their oasis. They became a nomadic tribe and traveled through the great desert in hopes of finding another oasis large enough to restart their village. However, they never found one that was large enough and always had to keep moving once they used up their resources. As their numbers dwindled due to predator attacks and dehydration they suddenly met up with a tribe of humans, who by either fate or coincidence, were in the same situation they were in. With the same common goal in mind the two tribes joined up.

Due to the situation they were in, the Humans and Desert Nekos bonded quickly. This bond allowed them to survive much longer then they probably would have if they were alone. After years of traveling through the desert, the Humans and Desert Nekos stumbled upon a Mountain Region. This Mountain Region was Lamina…..

Terrian Nekos
Descendents of the Sand Dune Tribe, the Terrian Nekos do not have the ability to control sand anymore. This ability was lost after being exposed to the very low levels of magic in the Lamina region for too long. However, Terrian Nekos are physically superior to most other Nekos after adapting to their living environment just like the Terrian Humans. They also retained their knowledge of different types of soil. Their ancestors are the ones that actually created the very first farms in the Lamina cave system. Terrian Nekos have a little higher life span than Terrian Humans due to their bodies adapting to the Phokesian Gem radiation more, but no Terrian Neko has been born with the ability to use PK yet.

Terrian Hybrids
In the early days of Terria, Humans and Nekos bred with each other for the sole purpose of increasing their population, it wouldn’t be until after when Humans and Nekos actually started to have real relationships, but the primary reason was to keep both populations going. And so the products of this inter racial breeding gave birth to Human/Neko hybrids. These Hybrids lacked the cat tail and feline fur Nekos had, but kept the cat ears and cat eyes. Terrian Hybrids are physically superior to humans, but weaker than pure bred Terrian Nekos in physical ability and radiation tolerance. However, Hybrids are actually more intelligent then both races and because of that most scientists in Terria are actually Neko/Human hybrids. Unlike other societies, there is no racial tension between the Hybrids, Nekos, and Humans. That original bond the Nekos and Humans had still survives until this day and the Humans and Nekos knew exactly what they were going to create when the interracial breeding began anyway.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

The evolution of the neko is very interesting Very Happy
I regret they don't develop ability contrary to humans after all even if they lost their ability to control sand, I think they gain something else Very Happy

Does the neko Hybrid developp a new ability Question
Due to the fact they are more intelligent there is a chance some developp PK ability Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Quote :
I regret they don't develop ability contrary to humans after all even if they lost their ability to control sand, I think they gain something else

Enhanced Speed
Enhanced Strength
Enhanced Durability
Enhanced Stamina
Enhanced Senses
Enhanced Reaction Time

I didn't think they needed anything else O.o

Quote :
Does the neko Hybrid developp a new ability Question
Due to the fact they are more intelligent there is a chance some developp PK ability Very Happy

Uhh, probably...or maybe something else so the Humans can be the only one with PK.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Daimo wrote:

Enhanced Speed
Enhanced Strength
Enhanced Durability
Enhanced Stamina
Enhanced Senses
Enhanced Reaction Time

I didn't think they needed anything else O.o

Maybe you're right Very Happy
But next to the humans PK ability of the humans, I think they will developp something in relation of their knowledge of the different soil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 am

Quote :
Maybe you're right Very Happy
But next to the humans PK ability of the humans, I think they will developp something in relation of their knowledge of the different soil Very Happy

Maybe, but as long as they stay in Lamina any potential ability that they have involving magic will be suppressed.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:10 am

Daimo wrote:

Maybe, but as long as they stay in Lamina any potential ability that they have involving magic will be suppressed.
I don\'t think so.
Magic is similar to psychics ability, they both draw their power from your mental energy.
In my opinion their ability to control the sand is a mental ability because they control it with the strenght of their will.
The concentration the mage did to cast a spell it's the same the people pk ability does too.
Magic is an energy due to one law any action is generated by an energy. To cast a spell a mage need an amount of mana.
But it's possible to convert an energy to another, by the example the warlock who has the ability to generate magic by consuming his life force. You will tell me he will die the answer is no because the warlock can drain life force from another creature.
I recommend you to search on Magic the gathering there is an area similar to Lamina in the meaning the magic was very low in a place like that. You know what hte mages succeed to use magic with the sun of this place.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 am

Quote :
I don't think so.
Magic is similar to psychics ability, they both draw their power from your mental energy.
In my opinion their ability to control the sand is a mental ability because they control it with the strenght of their will.
The concentration the mage did to cast a spell it's the same the people pk ability does too.
Magic is an energy due to one law any action is generated by an energy. To cast a spell a mage need an amount of mana.
But it's possible to convert an energy to another, by the example the warlock who has the ability to generate magic by consuming his life force. You will tell me he will die the answer is no because the warlock can drain life force from another creature.
I recommend you to search on Magic the gathering there is an area similar to Lamina in the meaning the magic was very low in a place like that. You know what hte mages succeed to use magic with the sun of this place.

I'm not to adept when it comes to magic, so you're probably right, but I believe that the Nekos probably became to reliant on the Phokesian Gem and didn't think about gaining back their magical ability anyway. Also, since magic is low in the Lamina region they probably didn't see much point.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:44 am

Daimo wrote:

I'm not to adept when it comes to magic, so you're probably right, but I believe that the Nekos probably became to reliant on the Phokesian Gem and didn't think about gaining back their magical ability anyway. Also, since magic is low in the Lamina region they probably didn't see much point.
I think it will evolve in something different Very Happy

Quote :
The Phokesian Gem is living proof that all good things have a price attached to it. Not too long after the discovery of the amazing potential of the Phokesian Gem, the Terrians realized that it was HIGHLY radioactive. It was so radioactive that if they weren’t protected by the Felaryan soil then they would have all died due to radiation poisoning within in a week.

To live in Lamina is possible due to the property of Felarya magic soil, it confirms what I was thinking about the magic shortage.

Quote :
However, Terrian Nekos are physically superior to most other Nekos after adapting to their living environment just like the Terrian Humans.
Their physical boost is normal.

Quote :
Terrian Nekos have a little higher life span than Terrian Humans due to their bodies adapting to the Phokesian Gem radiation more, but no Terrian Neko has been born with the ability to use PK yet.
I doubt here because, they adapt faster the humans, the humans developp PK ability so they developp a new ability in relation of the property of the gem. I will say beam claws a bit like the concept of the beam saber except it's their claws they turn into energy.
What do you think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:50 am

Quote :
I doubt here because, they adapt faster the humans, the humans developp PK ability so they developp a new ability in relation of the property of the gem. I will say beam claws a bit like the concept of the beam saber except it's their claws they turn into energy.
What do you think Very Happy

XD. Laser Claws, eh? Kind of like Liger Zero. Well I feel sorry for whatever predator that eats a Terrian Neko if that's the case. It's funny and interesting at the same time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:41 am

Interesting ideas and pretty original fauna and inhabitants.. the zone is turning out well Razz
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 am

Daimo wrote:

XD. Laser Claws, eh? Kind of like Liger Zero. Well I feel sorry for whatever predator that eats a Terrian Neko if that's the case. It's funny and interesting at the same time. Laughing

Yeah I doubt this ability make them very powerfull or they will live on the surface Very Happy
It's just help them to defend themselves, I doubt a Terrian neko is enough stronger to defeat a desert naga alone Laughing but in number maybe Wink

You know I think about how magic evolve in this place. Due to the gems, the magic of the neko slowly turn to strenghten their body to support the radiation. That's why they adapt faster than the humans.

In this place you can not cast high level spell or you will get exhausted quickly and become an easy prey. You know we can live anywhere in condition if we let our body to adapt and don"t do stupid things, that's why when you arrive to a new place the first days are the most harsh and it's advice to not move a lot and rest or you will get ill quickly.

Let's take by example a fairy, there is two cases
1-she dies sobsob
2-she adapt to the place Shocked

Shocking, not really there is many case where you introduce an animal in a different environment it adapts correctly.When someone abandon a dog don't think the beast will die easily.

I explain my theory the first day the fairy will become weak due to the change, during this time the body tries to adapt to the different change. Here due to the natural condition the place favour the physical developpment in clear her magic will be redirected to strenghten her body she will have a physical strenght and her magic will consist to boost her body. She won't cast fire ball but will do fire punch by example a bit like Kyo Kusanagi in King of Fighters, the will use spell to increase their physical damage Laughing

If a mage won't survive in this place will be forced to become someone more like in the 2D fighting games like Street fighters than Gandalf Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamina
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: