Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamina

Go down 
+2
gwadahunter2222
Daimo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Lamina sounds like a great place to visit, but you wouldn't wanna live there.

Strike that. I don't think you'd wanna visit either. Too dangerous.

Tell that to the people living underground. Lol.

Quote :
Maybe because we think it's a great idea or see the great potential, maybe because the others are very busy.
You know the weirdest thing would be there is no comment. Very Happy
The idea of a place very harsh can give interesting situation like a powerfull mage is forced to travel in this place to find a powerfull artefact, it's sets a good difficulty.

I believe this place can help a lot in the developpment of Felarya in general.

A place like that remember the time of the gold rush or the silkroad where many people risk their life in a long journey to find valuable objects. Very Happy

Well Felarya is a place filled with nearly unlimited potential for adventures, but it's also very serious and dangerous. I want Lamina to be a seriously dangerous area so if you survive then you got one hell of a story to tell. Also the person who survives gets to say: "I'm hardcore!" Lol
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Daimo wrote:

Well Felarya is a place filled with nearly unlimited potential for adventures, but it's also very serious and dangerous. I want Lamina to be a seriously dangerous area so if you survive then you got one hell of a story to tell. Also the person who survives gets to say: "I'm hardcore!" Lol
In that case it's very simple you make this place like a dangerous road where both predators and prey are strictly obliged to use if they want to pass an area to another Very Happy

Edit: I explain many people for few ressource so many conflicts can happen, like the predators of Lamina don't like the predators who leaves their areas to hunt here.

The small humanoid natives attack the traveller to steal their goods and abandonn them to the predators of the area. What do you think Very Happy

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:11 pm

I really loved the earth sphinx idea ^_^

The idea of them turning into statue is just neat and somehow it suits this kind of creature perfectly I think Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:44 am

Quote :
I really loved the earth sphinx idea ^_^

The idea of them turning into statue is just neat and somehow it suits this kind of creature perfectly I think Razz

Well I'm glad you like it. Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hybrid Predator 3
Mountain Harpies

Background
Mountain Harpies are a species of Harpies that live in the Lamina Mountain Region. They are one of the smaller species of Harpies being only 40 feet tall. Their appearance is similar to normal harpies except their bird feathers and human hair are usually jet black or brown in color. Their claws are red and sharper than most other harpies and their human skin also has a darker tone. Mountain Harpies are considered ‘the’ aerial aces of the sky. No other known species of Harpy can match their speed, agility, and grace when it comes to flight. With their smaller and lithe bodies they can perform aerial acrobatic maneuvers with the utmost of ease.

Mountain Harpies are one of the more cocky and arrogant species of Harpy. They pride themselves in their aerial ability and are fearsome fighters. They usually travel in groups of four and when in battle they perform high speed strikes at near blinding speeds, and most of the time their opponents can’t even keep up with their movements, causing a Mountain Harpy to usually say: “What’s the matter? To fast for you…?” Mountain Harpies are very social creatures and likes to have an audience. They will even perform little aerial shows for adventurers before they swoop down to gobble them up.

Species Related Ability 1
Mountain Harpies have the ability to increase the sharpness of their claws in order to cut their opponents to ribbons. Combined with their speed and agility, this ability makes them incredibly dangerous.

Eating Habits
Mountain Harpies primarily eat the fruits that grow on the shrubs at the higher altitudes of the Lamina Mountain Region. These fruits provide tons of energy for the Mountain Harpies and are very healthy as well. In fact, some Mountain Harpies enjoy these fruits more than they enjoy a nice lil’ human. When the storm season comes, Mountain Harpies moves down to lower altitudes and switches their diet to the animals in the region. Humans are more prone to be eaten by Mountain Harpies when the storm season comes.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:49 pm

This harpy are my favorite Very Happy
I think they will get in trouble when they moves down Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Damnit, I create a regular Harpy character who is an aerial ace, and Mountain Harpies just come. Oh well, she'll be an albinos Mountain Harpy then Very Happy

And maybe focusing on non-sentient, grounded mountain predators, we are seriously lacking on those.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Quote :
Damnit, I create a regular Harpy character who is an aerial ace, and Mountain Harpies just come. Oh well, she'll be an albinos Mountain Harpy then Very Happy

Lol

Quote :
And maybe focusing on non-sentient, grounded mountain predators, we are seriously lacking on those.

I’ll be doing the Sand Coyotes, Panmodos, and Cockatrices tomorrow. Also, I may start even working on a profile for Rayna.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 1:45 am

Again a nice species here Smile
The design is original with their red claws an their behavior is really interesting ^_^
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Nothing new today folks except for a profile draft I made for Rayna.

Clicky
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:35 pm

I learn many interesting things about this place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:14 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I learn many interesting things about this place Very Happy

Her real profile should be much better. The only new thing that the profile has that I didn't mention yet here was the Phokesian gems Photokinesis ability and the radiation poison side effect.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Cockatrice
Size: 50 feet for both male and female
Threat: High
Description: In the Lamina Mountain region there is a rare carnivorous creature that resembles a giant rooster with a lizard-like tail that has a set of wings affixed to its back. The older people living in S. Lamina have identified this creature as a Giant Cockatrice. However, unlike the legendary creature from Earth folk tales, this creature cannot turn people into stone by gazing at it, but its gaze can paralyze. Those who are caught in a Cockatrices paralyzing gaze will not be able to move at all and will be at the mercy of this beast. Creatures in the Lamina Mountain region usually avoid a Cockatrice when they see one, because once they’re paralyzed nothing can help them as the Cockatrice begins eating them alive, or swallowing them whole when it comes to the adventurers and other small creatures.

Sand Coyote
Size: Males= 30 feet and Females= 25 feet
Threat: Medium
Description: Sand Coyotes are the dominant non hybrid predator in the Lamina Mountain Region. Their appearance is basically a giant version of a Coyote except these Coyotes have four eyes and two tails. They are fast and agile creatures with extremely sharp fangs and claws. They also have the ability to blow out a highly pressurized stream of sand from their mouths, hence their name. The sand stream is powerful enough to dent titanium. Sand coyotes have been observed to travel in large groups, but they primarily hunt in pairs. Typical packs consist of six closely related adults, yearlings, and young. When fighting large prey they usually rely on their sand streams before moving in for the potential kill. It is possible to domesticate a Sand Coyote, but in order to do that a very young one must be captured and trained so it’s not an easy thing to do. If a Sand Coyote is domesticated though then it will be a loyal animal as long as you have enough food to keep it satisfied. A hungry domesticated Sand Coyote has been known to turn on its owner sometimes. Currently, there are a few Domesticated Sand Coyotes in S. Lamina. They are used for scouting purposes.

Panmodo
Size: Males= 80 feet and Females= 75 feet
Threat: High
Description: Panmodos are a freakish mix of a bear and a lizard. They are shaped like grizzly bears, but with a scaly body and a maw like that of a lizard. They have the claws and tail of a lizard, but the scale pattern looks like that of a panda, black and white, hence the name. Panamodos are actually pretty intelligent creatures, but are very aggressive and will usually attack on sight. They have incredible strength and endurance. They claws have been known to rip through steel like tissue paper. They also have the ability to harden their scales, making them even more durable, to the point where it’s almost impossible to damage them. Panamodos hunt alone and are only in packs when moving or when they are at their den. It’s best to attack a Panamodo when it’s alone and when its scales aren’t hardened. Attacking a group of them is basically suicide. They are the second most dominant non hybrid species in the Lamina Mountain Region, but there aren’t that many of them.

Last edited by Daimo on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:13 pm

It's a great and original Fauna you have created Very Happy
The Panmodo is the most original Cool
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:22 pm

I just noticed...

Panmodos are kind of underpowered compared to the other creatures with a high threat level. Looks like I'm going to have to edit.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Daimo wrote:
I just noticed...

Panmodos are kind of underpowered compared to the other creatures with a high threat level. Looks like I'm going to have to edit.
I think you should just increase their size a bit, bears are known for their impressive size. By example the polar bear Wink
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:26 pm

I also think this place is interestng
It has a nice particularity and exotic and particular inhabitants Smile
I especially liked the Panmodo in the animals ^_^
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Karbo wrote:
I also think this place is interestng
It has a nice particularity and exotic and particular inhabitants Smile
I especially liked the Panmodo in the animals ^_^

Well thanks, but I have a lot more to do. I'm only like 1/3 finished with everything. I still need to describe S. Lamina, the races that live there, the Phokesian gem, and other things. Yep, I have a lot of work to do. study
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Daimo wrote:

Well thanks, but I have a lot more to do. I'm only like 1/3 finished with everything. I still need to describe S. Lamina, the races that live there, the Phokesian gem, and other things. Yep, I have a lot of work to do. study
Don't push yourself so hard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Lamina
(Subterranean)

Danger
Inside Terria: Low
Outside Terria: High

Known Population
Humans, Desert Nekos, Human/Desert Neko Hybrids, Mants, Rock Worm, Rock Mole, Crystal Worm, Crystal Mole.

Background
Ten miles underneath the Lamina Mountain Region there is a disturbingly massive cave system with multiple interconnecting passageways and tunnels that leads to various areas. Some of these areas have been explored while many are still a mystery. This cave system is rich with minerals, gems, and other material making it a miner’s heaven. There are not many entrances in the Lamina Mountain Region that leads to this cave system, some are too small for the Predators, while others have been mysteriously blocked up, and then there are some that just haven’t been discovered yet.

Also, among the many types gems in this cave system there is one special type of gem that can be found almost everywhere. This gem is called a Phokesian gem and it’s mostly embedded in the walls of the cave and varies in size. It shines a majestic white color and emits a small amount of heat. The combined glow of these gems keeps the cave system pretty bright and the combined heat the gems emit keeps the cave system near room temperature.

In one of the areas in the cave there are an abundance of these Phokesian gems and within that area there is a city which is roughly the size of modern day Tokyo. This city is called Terria and is home to the Terrians, which is a society of Humans, Desert Nekos, Human/Neko Hybrids, and Mants. Terria is pretty much unknown to the average Felaryan. You have to hear about it from a person that used to live in it, visited it, or discover it for yourself. Recently, Negav has become aware of this city and plans to establish relations. The people of Terria aren’t really content with this because they are used to being hidden under the radar, so to speak.

Terria
Terria was originally an insect colony constructed by the Mants, but every since Humans and Nekos arrived over 150 years ago, Terria has been transformed into a bustling, self-sufficient, futuristic city. Those who come to this city to study magic will be highly disappointed since Terria mostly focuses on science and technology. The design of the city is circular and in the center of Terria lies a huge, towering power plant shaped like a Stalagmite. Inside this power plant is a giant Phokesian gem that powers the entire city of Terria. The giant Phokesian gem is kind of like a national symbol for the people living in Terria, a symbol of power and life. The power plant also acts as the headquarters for the Leaders of Lamina. If the Giant Phokesian gem should ever die, there are auxiliary power plants at specific points inside the city.

Around the power plant are many buildings that vary in size, they to, are shaped like Stalagmites. The roads in the city are also circular with many intersections. Unlike Negav, there is no separation between the races and so Humans, Nekos, Mants, and the hybrids all live together. However, there is a special area in Terria for the queen of Mants, and that area resembles how Terria used to look like as an insect colony. Around the outskirts of Terria are many high tech farms. In addition to that there are many wells that pump up water from the underground water veins to give the city its supply of water.

Phokesian Gem
The Phokesian Gem is what keeps the Terrian society intact. It’s one of the reasons why adventurers who hear about Terria come to this place. This accursed miracle gem has the amazing ability to absorb photons and convert it into light. The photon is the elementary particle responsible for electromagnetic phenomena. It is the carrier of electromagnetic radiation of all wavelengths, including gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light, infrared light, microwaves, and radio waves. The Terrians have learned to harness the gems power through science and technology. They have made various weapons, machinery, and other things using the Phokesian gems inside the cave system. An adventure hopes to be able to get a Terrian made Laser Blade or High Output Laser Rifle to greatly increase their chances of surviving in Felarya. Currently Terrian scientists are doing extensive research on the Phokesian Gem to see if it has any other secrets.

Phokesian Gem Curse
The Phokesian Gem is living proof that all good things have a price attached to it. Not too long after the discovery of the amazing potential of the Phokesian Gem, the Terrians realized that it was HIGHLY radioactive. It was so radioactive that if they weren’t protected by the Felaryan soil then they would have all died due to radiation poisoning within in a week. Scientists speculate that maybe the Phokseian gem is the reason why the Feleryan soil is so weak in the Lamina region. The collective radiation from all the gems could be strong enough to weaken the magic in the soil. This radiation makes the Terrians mortality rate very high. The expected age of death for a first generation Terrian was about 50 years old, but after living in the area for over a century the Terrians are getting more resistant to the radiation increasing the maximum age for someone to live to 65 years of age.

Republic of Terria
Terria is led by three representatives from each of the races living in the city, one from the Human side, one from the Neko side, and one from the Mant side. Rayna Greys is the Human rep, Usagi Kuro is the Neko rep, and Sir Bradsley Warrington is the Mant rep.

Currency
Terria relies on a method of bartering since it has no form of currency. This can be kind of problematic for people who visit Terria, especially when they want Terrian made weapons.

Agriculture
Luckily, the weak Felaryan soil still allows the Terrians to grow crops and raise animals. Terria uses its high tech farms for the production of these plants and animals. However, because there aren’t that many spots with the needed soil to construct a farm, Terria seems to always be almost on the brink of famine. In order to remedy this, there have been plans for a city expansion, but construction hasn’t started yet.

Defense
Terria has always in a constant state of danger since it could be attacked by the gigantic predators roaming around the cave system. In order to give the city some protection against these natural threats, a defensive perimeter has been set up around the city. This perimeter is filled with giant automated turrets powered by Phokesian Gems and defense stations with radar arrays that can warn the city when a predator is coming. Most of the predators that appear are killed or driven back by mass turret fire, but this defensive perimeter doesn’t protect the city from attacks from below and so the city sometimes suffers major damage when a predator like the crystal worm attacks it from underground. If a Predator should get through the defensive perimeter then it’d have to deal with the Terrian attack force that protects the city.

Last edited by Daimo on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Quote :
In one of the areas in the cave there are an abundance of these Phokesian gems and within that area there is a city which is roughly the size of modern day Tyoko.
I think you mean "Tokyo"

The Phokesian gem idea is excellent, I like it.

The idea of Terria is excellent but, how to say that with Terria, I don't understand the difficulty of Lamina. I believed this place was difficult for both humans and predators I hoped a very harsh concurrence, so I understood the profile of Rayna Greys but now I'm a bit confused.

Can you explain me please Question
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Quote :
I think you mean "Tokyo"

Fix'd

Quote :
The Phokesian gem idea is excellent, I like it.

The idea of Terria is excellent but, how to say that with Terria, I don't understand the difficulty of Lamina. I believed this place was difficult for both humans and predators I hoped a very harsh concurrence, so I understood the profile of Rayna Greys but now I'm a bit confused.

Can you explain me please Question

Lamina (Mountain Region) is harsh for both Humans and Predators. Remember, there is no sign that says "ENTRANCE TO S. LAMINA AND TERRIA" and so you have to find it. Most of the time people die before they even find the entrance to the underground cave. Then if you find the entrance you have to travel around the underground cave to find the city itself and that is not easy. You already know the deal with Predators and their lack of food and stuff. Then you have Terria which isn't a very stable place, especially when Rayna was a child *Which I will explain in her bio when I get around to her profile*
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Daimo wrote:

Lamina (Mountain Region) is harsh for both Humans and Predators. Remember, there is no sign that says "ENTRANCE TO S. LAMINA AND TERRIA" and so you have to find it. Most of the time people die before they even find the entrance to the underground cave. Then if you find the entrance you have to travel around the underground cave to find the city itself and that is not easy. You already know the deal with Predators and their lack of food and stuff. Then you have Terria which isn't a very stable place, especially when Rayna was a child *Which I will explain in her bio when I get around to her profile*

In the past yes but the problem in the future their condition will become better I explain the fact people start to adapt to radiation and have a life span similar on Earth, the fact they will have relationship with Negav. I don't see difficulty.

Terria is a young civilisation but 150 years later people of Terria will have a better life.

You set up an excellent situation but the problem I see it will become more difficult for the predators than for the humans.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Quote :
In the past yes but the problem in the future their condition will become better I explain the fact people start to adapt to radiation and have a life span similar on Earth, the fact they will have relationship with Negav. I don't see difficulty.

Terria is a young civilisation but 150 years later people of Terria will have a better life.

You set up an excellent situation but the problem I see it will become more difficult for the predators than for the humans.

Technically, we don't know what could happen in the future. Whats to say Terria won't provoke previously undiscovered preds when they begin expanding? Or what if they don't establish relations with Negav? You're being subjective by looking at the one possibility that Terria will actually do very well. The point is, we don't know what is going to happen.

Currently, things are difficult. But that doesn't mean it's always going to be that way. I never said Lamina was going to be difficult forever. It was difficult in the past and it's difficult right now, but when it comes to the future...we simply don't know.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Daimo wrote:

Technically, we don't know what could happen in the future. Whats to say Terria won't provoke previously undiscovered preds when they begin expanding? Or what if they don't establish relations with Negav? You're being subjective by looking at the one possibility that Terria will actually do very well. The point is, we don't know what is going to happen.

Currently, things are difficult. But that doesn't mean it's always going to be that way. I never said Lamina was going to be difficult forever. It was difficult in the past and it's difficult right now, but when it comes to the future...we simply don't know.

Maybe you're right Very Happy

I liked more the situation on Surface than on underground, it awoke my adanturer' side in me, there is few humans activities so the predators was more dangerous than usual.

But the problem everything will be ok for both humans and predators, many youths too curious will adventure outside Terria and will go to the surface some will end eaten by a predator or maybe some will befriends some of them Very Happy

You did a good work it's just maybe I expected too much.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Quote :
You did a good work it's just maybe I expected too much.

Aww, c'mon it's my first idea after joining this site. I'm sure I will have many more and better ones down the road.

Also, y'know you wanna get a Terrian Laser Blade. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamina   lamina - Lamina - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamina
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: