Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GlobFish's Ideas?

Go down 
+3
French snack
/Fish/
Anime-Junkie
7 posters
AuthorMessage

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:27 am

Figured I'd make an idea thread. Might not be updated altogether that frequently, as I won't put any ideas up unless I actually think they're half-decent, which might not be that often. Still, there are a couple kicking about. I'll just start off just one and stick the others up after I've checked them over.

Feather Boa

Size: 3-6 feet (Although rare giant-sized exceptions have been known to occur.)
Threat: Low

A kind of feathered serpent, the Felaryan feather boa boasts a brightly coloured plumage in shades of lurid pink or purple. (A scarlet, and more aggressive variety may be found in the Jungle of Perils.) They are best known for their habit of dropping onto unsuspecting explorers from overhead and wrapping themselves around their necks. If attempts are made to remove the boa, it will simply coil tighter, eventually strangling the unfortunate wearer. If ignored, however, the serpent is quite harmless, and will eventually drop off of its own accord in order to feed, or when the wearer is confronted with a greater danger, such as a giant predator.

Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:57 am

The Boa is a good one. It makes sense.
To me it seems he kind of logic the boa would follow is like this: "If it's struggling then it's alive and therefore food. If it's not, then it's not alive and not food."
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 am

Rather funny that depending on your reaction, it's either strangulation or a lei. It's a fashionable test of nerves.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 am

I can just imagine having to wander around with one of those. :p

"What's that you're weari- ?"
"Don't ask!"

AJ, it seems to me it's not about food. It's simply about having found a perch, and being instinctively wary of being dislodged. If you try to remove the boa, it probably feels threatened, and therefore tightens its hold.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 am

Boa -> Boa constrictor.
I suppose that's where I got it from. It seems like it. Dropping onto people is an aggressive action.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 am

I imagined that they dropped onto people more as a form of transport than anything else - they're cute and cuddly and don't really mean any harm. :p But as food or as a perch, they'll behave in the same manner either way. Best leave the exact reasons for their behavior for the explorer biologists to figure out.

Gorger/Slimetoad helped design this next one. It's specifically meant to be s a giant-predator threat (because really, with no disease and no aging, the biggest need one or two ways of actually dying. Otherwise the place would become overpopulated by giants. And then everyone would die anyway. :/)

Mer-Hag

Size: 6-30 feet
Threat: Minimal (High for any predator large enough to swallow one.)

An eel-like creature, dull purplish or grey with two humanoid arms and several rows of serrated teeth. Mer-hags are quite intelligent, forming basic social groups and caring for their young. Each individual is capable of basic illusionary magic. This magic is used to transform the mer-hag into a standard, perfectly beautiful, tasty-looking Felaryan mermaid. Upon entering a giant predator’s mouth in this form, the mer-hag will instantly revert to its original form and exclude vast quantities of viscous slime, suffocating the giant predator by clogging up its throat, gills, and nasal passages. Once dead, the corpse sinks to the seafloor, where it provides a plentiful supply of food for several families of mer-hags for months. The only flaw of the disguise is that it is entirely visual – mer-hags are unable to replicate mersong. Predators aware of this danger will often ensure that they are able to communicate with their food before eating it.

Mer-hag illusionary abilities are stored within their slime, which they coat their bodies with before performing a transformation. The magical potential of mer-hag slime is huge, and as such, the slime is valuable and highly sought-after - even more so due to the risks involved in obtaining it.

GlobFish's Ideas? Hagfis11
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 am

Now that I actually can see the drawing, I can say I'm in love with them. The design is so unnerving
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am

Ah yes, I can say for a fact that if I saw that thing in person, my bowels would immediately evacuate a red clay piece of rectangular masonry.

I vote yes; we need creepy shit like this in the oceans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Shocked That is one crazy thing! I remember when you two had begun scheming of it back on the Lampy's stuff...and dear gods that thing is just delightfully creepy. The boa though has some entertaining possibilities hehe...
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 pm

That is indeed a highly creepy but strangely neat design.

And is probably what'll kill Jissy one of these days, unless she gets over her taste for mermaids before then... Shocked
Back to top Go down

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

French snack wrote:

And is probably what'll kill Jissy one of these days, unless she gets over her taste for mermaids before then... Shocked

I... WHAT. o.O I take it all back. My ideas stink.

Hm. On a serious note though, I was originally thinking the mer-hags would be ocean-dwellers only. Apart from the time they spend "hunting," as it were, they would reside on the seafloor. (And therefore Jissy wouldn't have to worry about them - unless she got really good at water-based magic and wanted to use it to explore the ocean or something.) But I suppose it all depends on the depth of the area - they wouldn't be present anywhere shallow, such as coastal areas, for example, but I could see them possibly being present in the Jewel River. All depends how deep it is really.

I'm not sure on that one?

Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 pm

They really strike me as something that would live DEEP in the sea tho. Being restricted to the dark depths where they might strike without you suspecting it is much creepier
Back to top Go down

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
They really strike me as something that would live DEEP in the sea tho. Being restricted to the dark depths where they might strike without you suspecting it is much creepier

Yep, I was thinking along those lines as well - although whilst actually hunting and in mermaid form, they will travel upwards as far as they need to in order to you know, get eaten. You'll only encounter them in their true form at the very depths of the sea though - where they'll probably be harmless in any case, if creepy as hell. xD
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 am

Slimetoad wrote:

Yes definitely ^^
In fact when I look at them I immediately get a silent hill feel o.o It's quite a fascinating idea here and indeed that would make sense in the ecosystem and chain food. I also really like the feathered boa. It's a strange creature that can be quite deadly if you don't know it and would fit pretty well Smile
I'd like to add both ideas if you agree with the disclaimer ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 am

Disclaimer agreed. Smile

(Just on a side note though, it is specifically meant to be "feather" boa, rather than "feathered," boa - it is of course a bit of a joke about the actual "feather boa," accessory. :p)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GlobFish's Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GlobFish's Ideas?   GlobFish's Ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GlobFish's Ideas?
Page 1 of 1