Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Empty
PostSubject: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 am

This is just a little something to do for fun... Let's make a list of colossi that are, in some fashion, based on various Felarya natives. Which creatures do you think would inspire a good roster of bosses and why?

1- Giant
2- Naga
3- Centaur
4- Slug girl
5- Harpy
6- Scorpisai
7- Razia
8- Mermaid
9- Mantoid
10- Dridder
11- Fairy
12- Chlaena
13- Dryad
14- Sphinx
15- Angel/Succubi Composite (couldn't settle for one or the other)
Final Boss- Beast from the Past

For this list, there are several other races to choose from, though the idea is for them to be tauric or at least vaguely humanoid otherwise. However, there can be no more than 16, and no less than ten. Given the wide range of other life forms in Felarya, maybe we could make a "part 2" of this with a theme based on the Fauna of Felarya. For that, no humanoids or taurics, just various beasts.
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 am

Well if you decide to go SotC on Felarya, and apply the mechanics so it actually works out - I think talking about it would be fun. (Lets not go into stuff like "oh you'll need to completely rewrite the creature bla blah blah") That being said, since this is a discussion meant for fun, I recommend this moved to the off-topic discussion sub forum.

As for what I say, you're missing Flying Squids in there Razz aren't they like...500 feet? Speaking of 500 ft, a Leviathan Mermaid would also do nicely. It reminds me of that one water battle. Was that colossus 5? it's been a while...

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:58 pm

SOTC is one of my favorite games ever ^_^

Dryads don't usually move so I imagine they could be a shooter type, kinda like the last boss :3
And a battle with a giant centaur would be so epic , with the game OST running in the same time ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:29 am

Well, I've got something special for you to see then, Karbo.
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 am

Well, one problem with a Felarya SotC is that you need the characters either to be:

A) Slow Giant Predators (one of the defining points of SotC was that the bosses were gargantuan, yet slow, beasties that you could climb up and deliver blows against in critical spots. This doesn't work too well when said Giant can quickly slap you off).

B) Exceptional Hunters (for instance, using someone such as Guts from Berserk or the Prince from The Two Thrones).

Without that, the boss fight will likely go as either:
1) "Hah, I found you, avas- wait, slow down! Hey! Lemme catch up! I mean it, sto... bugger, she's gone. :c"
2) "SURPRI-" *Flick* "Oh, sh- I'm sorry little food thing, I thought you were a Bloodclaw!"
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Not to mention, if you played a range-game, or rather just stayed a far distance and used projectile attacks, it still wouldn't do much. You'd need to be an expert ninja or something. (that and staying away would also be a problem)

Though I imagine ninjutsu would work better in combination with a specific set of magic techniques. SotC felarya would be vastly different from the SotC game, but with enough tweaking I'm sure you could find a way to get it to work. The one part about video games that's really important is creativity.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Not to mention, if you played a range-game, or rather just stayed a far distance and used projectile attacks, it still wouldn't do much. You'd need to be an expert ninja or something. (that and staying away would also be a problem)

Though I imagine ninjutsu would work better in combination with a specific set of magic techniques. SotC felarya would be vastly different from the SotC game, but with enough tweaking I'm sure you could find a way to get it to work. The one part about video games that's really important is creativity.
Actually, at a range you could do very well. You'd just need to be using ranged weapons along the lines of Warhammer 40,000 or Star Wars (or, if you were interested purely in overkill, either Forerunner or Blame! wargear).
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:56 pm

people often underestimate the raw power of star trek weaponry
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?   Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya + Shadow of the Colossus =...?
Page 1 of 1