Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Stories

Go down 
+2
Karbo
Nyaha
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What do you think of Mir?
I'd **** her.
Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
She's cute.
Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Eh, she's o.k.
Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
She's a girl?
Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Scary!
Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Short Stories - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Short Stories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Again! :D   Short Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:04 pm

I found this thread I made a while ago, and I thought I'd post some new random stories. ^_^ Tell me what'cah think, 'kay?

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was close to noon. The sky was clear, the sun was shining; overall it was looking like a good day. The fairy pack that Lily had been leading around for a little while had found a large group of explorers, and everyone was getting their fill of humans. But one thing was bothering Lily: the group of adventurers had appeared to be being led by a much younger human boy, as if he was some kinda tour guide. This boy wasn't wearing the same clothes as the rest of the group; while most of them wore bland brown and/or beige-ish cloloured adventuring outfits and equipment packs, this boy was wearing a green and white-patterned shirt with excessively large sleeves and white, well-fitting pants. He was obviously much younger than the rest of the adventurers, so why did it seem like he cared the least?
As Lily was eyeing him in her suspicion as he stood facing a tree, looking up at something, he turned and noticed her looking directly at him. Lily was suprised for some reason, and then realized she'd finished draining her last victim's energy a short while ago. Lily cast the dead man's body aside and made her way towards the odd boy, who began smiling as she closed in on him.
"Hi," the boy said in by far the friendliest way Lily had ever heard "hi" said to her.
"What is it?" Lily replied seriously, unsure of what she was going to say, or for that matter, why she felt like saying anything in the first place. Why didn't I just go and kill him? Lily thought to herself. He's obviously planning an escape!
Before the boy could answer her, Lily slammed him back against the tree using two vines sprouted from the ground beneath him. "Ow!" he said. "Um...I'm sorry," he said truly apologetically as Lily glared at him.
"What for?" Lily questioned, now unsure of what to do next and of why she couldn't figure it out.
"I don't know, you just seem mad at me!" the boy whined.
Lily couldn't figure it out, why was this feeling more and more awkward? She must be full. That's gotta be it.
Lily let the boy drop to the ground, and he fell hard. "Uh, thank you?" He said to her as he got to his feet. He was equally unsure of what was going on.
Lily crossed her arms and turned around. "I'm just full, you hear me? I don't care about you."
After a puzzled expression, the blond-haired, bespectakled boy replied, "I don't care about you, either!" He then mimicked Lily's actions, crossing his arms and turning around as well. Then he and Lily both turned back at the same time. "So, are we getting along yet?" the boy asked with a wink.
Lily facepalmed, then said, "I know I'm gonna' kick my ass for this later, but what's up with you?"
The boy made another puzzled expression. "What do you mean?" He then smiled. "Maybe you want to know why I'm so friendly?"
Lily stood slightly annoyed. She did NOT trust humans. Then again, maybe there's one or two who are okay. What am I thinking?! He's trying to trick me!
Lily paused for a moment, then said, "I don't trust humans. I don't trust that guy..." she said, pointing to a man who was trying to sneak away while his friend was getting eaten by Aya. "I don't trust that guy..." she continued, pointing to a man who was trying to bargain for his life with Melany. "And I don't wanna' trust you!" she finished, pointing at the boy.
In response, the boy took on an expression of insult, turned away from Lily, and placed his fists on his hips. "Well, I don't like being the victim of prejudice!" he retorted, which surprised Lily. "I was raised here in Felarya just like you were, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not a big fan of foreign adventurers myself, especially when they're so UNDERPACKED..." he shouted "...like these guys were, so dump your prejudices on someone else 'cause I won't put up with it!"
After a slight pause, Lily laughted a little, not mockingly, but in interest. "Okay, "Mr. Tough-On-Prejudice", what would you do, then?"
"Um, well I got a lotta' stuff in my sleeves that I could use..." he said, searching through his right-arm sleeve with his left arm. "Like...This!" he announced as he dramatically pulled a deflated beach ball out of his sleeve and held it out at Lily.
Lily was amused. "What do you expect to do with that, "rubber" me to death?" she joked with a laugh.
"You laugh now, but just wait," the boy countered with humorful confidence. "It works even better inflated!"
As the boy frantically tried to inflate the ball manually, Lily looked around to see all the other fairies looking directly at either her or the boy.
"You full, Lily? You must have gotten one of the more healthy ones," Temi commented.
"If you're not gonna' have him, I will! I'm not full yet," Melany offered, feeling hopeful.
"You can't have him!" Lily shouted back, almost sounding protective.
"Aww!" the boy groaned. "Are you sure? You seem like you'd hurt me a lot more." he said to Lily.
As Lily turned and faced him, she heard one of the others, probably Melany, say in a mocking tone, "Lily's got a boy-friend!"
"Shut up shut up shut up!!" Lily shouted, jumping up and down hyperactively and upset.
As she did this, Temi noticed that the boy was looking elsewhere. Whether he was being polite or was just distracted by something, he wasn't looking at Lily's bouncing - although rather small - chest, and Temi respected this. "Hush down, Melany, you're getting Lily all worked up," Temi commanded in a serious yet motherly tone.
"No way, this is way too much fun!" Melany replied, grinning. Temi then forcefull pulled Melany aside.
"Listen! I don't want Lily killing the first human that has ever had a chance at being her friend!" Temi told Melany in a quiet whisper. "I need you to understand how important this is! It could be the first step in the right direction! If Lily gets a human friend, then maybe the rest of us wouldn't have to hide ours!"
"Huh? Wow, that would be nice!" Melany said loudly.
"Shhh!" Temi sounded in panic.
"Mm! Sorry!" Melany whispered sheepishly.
"You understand?" Temi confirmed.
"Uh-huh," Melany replied unconvincingly.
"Don't bother Lily about having a human friend!" Temi demanded.
"Yeah, okay, I got it!" Melany whispered in exasperation.
"Good. Now be nice to her," Temi finished.
When the two of them turned back around and rejoined the group, they found the boy already lifeless on the ground. "It's about time!" Lily said as she saw Melany and Temi return. "Let's get going already! I'm still a bit hungry!"
"Aghh..." Temi groaned with a facepalm.
"Oops..." Melany muttered quietly.
"Come on, people! Let's go find more food!" Lily announced as she led Aya and the others away. Temi and Melany just stood there.
"....Sorry, Temi," Melany said, worried that she'd get in trouble.
"Please, just keep it to yourself next time, Melany!" Temi said in exasperation as she started to catch up to the pack.

Later, sometime the next day, Lily was sitting by herself against a tree. She tried reading a book she found, clipping her toenails, braiding her own hair (she hurt herself), cleaning her wings, standing on her head, using her wings to try and make it look like she was running stright up the tree trunk (again, she hurt herself), and finally, just sitting against the tree again.
"Agh, I'm so bored!" she whined to herself. "It's been almost, like, a minute! When is something interesting gonna' happen?"
Almost on cue, a paper cup dropped from above her and hit her very lightly on the head.
"Huh?" she muttered, picking up the out-of-place object. She saw that there was a string attatched to the end of the cup. "...The hell is this?"
"TESTING! TESTING! ONE-TWO-EQUALS-THREE, Y'ALL!" said a muffled voice, which came from the paper cup.
Lily yelped in surprise and fumbled with the cup. She looked at it, then put the open end close to her ear.
"YO, LILY! Y'HEAR ME A'IGHT?" the voice shouted, hurting Lily's ear.
Lily took the cup away from her ear, and when her ear stopped hurting, she turned white and felt like she was about to have a heart attack. But-- That sounds like that kid from yesterday! she thought to herself. But...I did kill him, didn't I? So, how's he...?
Lily decided to follow the string. As she flew through the trees, she heard the voice continue: "YOU THERE, LILY?" "HOW'D YOU LIKE MY HIP-HOP RAPPA' IMPRESSION?"
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT A "HIP-HOP RAPPA'" IS!" Lily shouted into the cup as she flew.
"OW! ...Oh, hey, you are still there!" the voice said.
As Lily flew, she soon saw the string lead behind a tree trunk, just a bit above the branch on that side. I found you!
She flew up to the other side of the trunk that the string went behind, and floated a few feet higher than where she guessed the person responsible would be, and then peeked around the trunk. She was shocked to see the same boy that she'd killed yesterday, sitting back against the trunk, talking into another cup on his end of the string.
"Hi," she decided to say, unable to think of anything else. The boy heard this and jumped slightly in surprise, and looked above him and around the trunk to see Lily peeking at him. He then moved back to his original position.
"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE WIERD LITTLE WHITE BOY BEHIND THE TREE TRUNK!" he said into the cup.
Lily then flew around and picked him up by his shirt. "How are you alive?!" she questioned in confusion.
"My best answer is that there's something deep inside one of my sleeves, probably a gift from my parents before they got eaten or something, that revives me whenever I die," he said nonchalantly. "Otherwise, it's an inexplicable event like in a cartoon that keeps me in the story, something like when someone gets crushed by a safe, then walks around making accordion sounds," he explained with a smile.
Lily sighed and put him down. "Look, sorry for killing you before. Peer pressure's a bastard."
"I totally agree," the boy said. "And I get how awkward it must be to apologize to someone for killing them when you find out they're not dead." He laughed.
"Y'know-- and don't say this to ANYONE-- but I kinda' like you, kid," Lily said uneasily.
"I like you, too," the boy replied. "Yes, even after you killed me, I'm forgiving you," he commented with a wink. "I heard it before. My name's Ethan!"
"Ethan, huh? That's not too bad," Lily said. "I'm Lily. Nice t'meet a human who isn't a total scuzzball." She grinned.
"Nice to meet you, too, Lily," Ethan replied."I like to make new friends. Don't worry, I won't tell the others."
After a few awkward moments, Lily looked away. After a pause, she began to say something, but when she turned around, Ethan was gone.
"Phew!" Lily sighed. "That was getting waaay too uncomfortable!" She looked around. "...Guess I'll go find some more humans to satisfy myself," she said with a happy smile.

-----------------------END

So, how was it? ^_^ Please, tell me what you think. I know it's long, so thank you if you took the time to read that.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/

Short Stories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2