Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

metalnazo's Pathetic ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

metalnazo's Pathetic ideas Empty
PostSubject: metalnazo's Pathetic ideas   metalnazo's Pathetic ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 am

After taking some time to think, I think I should create a topic just to drop off some ideas. Not sure if they'll be good, but they have been on my mind for sometime, I'll try to put as many ideas up as I can think of, as well as try to keep in a post.

Anyway, this will just be here for me to drop off ideas.

PS. I would like to have some feedback, but I warn you I won't take any advice, I just want to hear peoples thoughts on my ideas is all.

Last edited by Solomon on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solomon

metalnazo's Pathetic ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: metalnazo's Pathetic ideas   metalnazo's Pathetic ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:55 am

Alright lets begin.

Pathetic idea, list #1 Attempts at Great Marsh Fauna.

IMPORTANT NOTE
I will not take any advice whatsoever, just dropping off pathetic ideas.

Marshsquito

Size: 3 - 6 feet long.

Danger level: Medium *alone* to High *in swams*

A common site in the Great Marshes and other places, the marshsquito is a human size insect that looks like a mosquito varying in shades of browns, greens, black and grey.

Much like the mosquito a marshsquito hunts prey by simply looking for a host to feed off of, however unlike mosquito’s marshsquitos don’t feed on blood, they feed on the magic of a living being.

And in a world like Felarya it’s an ideal area to find magic flowing prey, they detect prey using their highly sensitive antennas which enable them to pick up a magical aura much like the predator sense. However they do not use the predator sense at all, it is important to note the more magical a person is, the more likely they are to end up as prey for a marshsquito to feed off of, once a marshsquito finds prey they feed in a rather unusual manner.

They put their antennas on top of their prey, and then they begin to syphon out magic until they either are full *which depending on the size of their prey, can mean they’ll drain it dry and kill it in the process*, or until they burst. Marshsquitos vary so much in their danger level, because usually they are seen in swarms which can vary from 15 to 30 to even a once seen 60 individuals, these swarms are very lethal and are known to drain the magic out of larger animals if they are given the chance to.

It is known that marshsquitos are usually seen being eaten by, bogmog toads that seem to favor the taste of the insects.

Dranite

Size: 30 to 80 feet long.

Danger level: Low to Medium.

A dragonfly looking insect that is usually seen in the Great Marshes, dranites are massive dangerous creatures that hunt many types of insects, dranites are swift and stealthy creatures that oddly enough don’t make any sounds when they flap their wings.

The reason why their danger level changes is because they seem to only eat bug based live forms which include races like dridders and gerridis, however they tend to usually ignore humans and most other creatures which leaves them as somewhat mysterious in their behavior patterns.

Some people are known to use dranites as avian mounts, in order to help them across the skies of dangerous areas, plus the swift speed of the dranites makes them hard for most predators to catch. However it’s important to note they aren’t completely fool proof, when it comes to mating a dranite no matter how loyal it is to its rider will simply leave in order to mate. They are also fairly easy to catch off guard when one sees them perched on a tree branch or a piece of wood, its best to be careful whenever a person wishes to use a dranite or try to get close to these odd predators.

Synoba

Size: 100 feet tall.

Danger level: Low.

A very odd creature rarely seen, a synoba is an unusual creature that spends nearly its entire life floating above the second sky in the Great Marshes. These creatures are normally seen having various moss, fungus, and weeds hanging from their orb like bodies, which are filled with an unknown chemical that allows them to float.

Little is known about these creatures, but from what people have learned, they seem to give off a very uncomfortable aura around most people especially those intone with magic. They don’t seem to really feed on much of anything however it is suggested they feed off of the chemicals unique to the Great Marshes as well as very tiny animals and plans, others believe they rarely need to feed and when they do, they simply float down to eat vegetation.

Most people who have seen them and lived to tell the tales, claim the beasts are quite calm and docile and don’t possess anything needed for hunting animals or anything of significant size at all, the reason why it’s so iffy and what they eat, is because people haven’t been able to see anything that closely reassembles a mouth needed to hunt anything we can see at all, as well as anything needed to hunt.

Though they are labeled down as animals mostly by some people and by scientists, other people have been lead to believe, that synobas are not really or fully animals at all, some believe they are really plants, whereas others believe they are both plant and animal, this is mostly due to the fact plants make up around 60% of the entire body size of the synobas. But until more facts are gather, it’s always considered to be something special to spot one of these odd blimp like animals, or plants, or both!?

Flashfly

Size: 50 inches long.

Danger level: minimal.

A little bug which has a bioluminescent light on its head and abdomen which are commonly used for communication between members of the species, as well as a means to attract a mate. Sometimes people are known to gather these bugs up, and usually keep them in a collection, it’s a usually fun and sometimes dangerous hobby to catch, and keep flashflies they also can be useful help when in dark places, and your without any matches or a torch. These bugs are well known for always showing their lights in dark areas or places such as bogs, with the exception of when a predator hunting them is close by.
Back to top Go down

metalnazo's Pathetic ideas
Page 1 of 1