Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)

Go down 
+2
Beefnautz
Roxanne
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Empty
PostSubject: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm

(OKeydoke, feel free to join, but if I kill your char, you MAY NOT get angry at me. This RP is going to be very dangerous, so be prepared for it.)

Char:

Maria
Species: (?) (More details will be revealed about your hostess as the story continues.)
Appearance: Always wears a long, black robe with hood down. Has two glowing red eyes underneath, but that is the only feature visible. Wears black gloves, and appears to float instead of walk.
Bio: (?)
Personality: (?)
Other Traits: Hates large preds. Appears to dislike humans, but appearances can be deceiving...

Maria waited by the entrance to the cave. "Let's see if anyone is brave enough to answer my ad." she chuckled to herself. Even though the sun was bright that day, she wore a black cloak, and nothing of her was visible but her eyes.

She read through her ad one more time...

"Calling all adventurers!

meet me south of Negav at exactly 12:00 noon tomorrow. We will explore a previously unexplored cave. In the middle of the cave there is rumored to be an oracle, who can grant your deepest wish, for a cost. Can you brave the dangers of the Cave of Destiny?"

(If you want to, in your char sheet, write down your char's greatest wish/greatest fear. I will integrate them into the story. No large preds, but anything else works. Enjoy! Not leaving until at least 4 show up.)

Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:51 pm

(I have a question... if you are killing off characters, will you doing it with logical reasons or just picking off people at random? If it's picking off people at random, you really can't expect other not to get angry...)
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 am

(the reasons will be very logical. You will not die randomly, but make a few wrong decisions ans the cave will not be forgiving.)
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

(Oh cool here's my char)

Name: War
Birthday: The Twenty First of December
Height: Five Foot
Eye Colour: Electric Blue
Skin Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Jet black
Hair Length: Down to the small of her back
Hair Style: Her hair is tied back in a Braided Ponytail
Makeup: Pink lip Gloss
Clothing: On her feet War wears a pair of black army boots, on her legs a pair of tight black jeans, around her waist a black belt. She wears a sleevless Black belly shirt and a pair of fingerless gloves, on the back of her shirt is a golden eagle symbol.
Greatest Fear: Spiders, Dridders, Snakes
Greatest Desire: To find the perfect Weapon

Last edited by Kitten on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:13 am

(Greatest fear/greatest desire? Bio? This RP is centered around Character development.)
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:49 am

(made a couple of changes other than that War has no Bio yet she is very new.)

Last edited by Kitten on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 am

(Well give me a little to make a character I wonder how long I can make this person last before they meet their untimely end. >; ) )
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:07 pm

(Either this will be the defining moment in one's life (or one of them, anyway) or proof of their weakness and untimely death.)
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm interested but first, some questions:

1) Is this RP canon? AKA if our char dies in this rp do they die forever?

2) May I rp as two chars at once? Keeping in mind that the second character is a non-combatant.

If the answer to question 1) is a no and the answer to question 2) is yes then consider me joined. ^^

Bio for my main character: (Note: This is very brief)

Name: Mortis the Grey. (Also known as Mort.)
Height: 6ft 1in
Eye color: Left=Blood Red Right= Pale Grey
Race: Originally Human Caucasian.
Hair color: Grey
Clothing: A battered brown cloak over worn leather armor. A leather satchel.
Weapons: A grey steel sword engraved with cryptic runes.
Personality: Cold and ruthless. Cynical. Arrogant and sadistic. Yet cares deeply for Faran.
Backstory: Too lengthy to write down here. Will be described during the rp.
Traits: Powers are boosted by rage. Has more endurance than the average human as he is not technically human. Is prone to going temporarily mad when near sources of demonic power.
Greatest Desire: Overwhelming power. He wants it so he can defeat preds easily and protect Faran, but the demon part of him yearns for power for other, more destructive reasons.
Greatest Fear: Losing Faran

Secondary Char: (Non-Combatant)

Name: Faran
Eye color: Bright Green
Race: Human Caucasian
Hair color: Red
Clothing: Pink and white dress.
Weapons: None
Personality: Carefree and happy. Is constantly looking on the bright side. Cares deeply for Mort.
Backstory: Too long. Will be described as rp goes on.
Traits: Is more inteligent than the average 9 year old, but is too busy being a kid to ever show it.
Greatest Desire: For Mort to officially adopt her.
Greatest Fear: Losing Mort.

(EDIT: Whoops! Accidentally messed up on Faran's fears and desires there. XD Fixed now though.)

Last edited by Mortis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Mortis wrote:

Greatest Desire: For Mort to officially adopt her.
Greatest Desire: Losing Mort.

lol she's sounds complicated
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:57 pm

(Question: If we counter you will you act as a GM and overide that? Or do you have to play by your own rules too to make it fair? Just wondering. I have a few cocept characters I'd love to test, but I don't want to just throw them in if they'll last all of a few seconds. ^^; I need REAL development.)
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm

(Think of it this way. a less demented version of Saw. What happens to your Char is a direct result of what you choose.

1: This RP is non-kanon if your char dies, but you can make it kanon if he survives (I sincerely don't give a flying leap what you count as canon or not.)

2: I don't mind multiple chars, even up to 3, but keep them seperate and keep in mind their different personalities.

And if you die, there will be no chance to counter, since you saw it coming and willfully accepted the consiquences. Or didn;t see that far ahead, but rashly made a decision.)

Maria watched as the people approached. "She is a little young to be here, don't you think?" she said, in a low tone, to Mort as she pointed to the 9-year old. "You, even with your half-demon blood, will not be able to protect her here."

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:10 am

(Ok thats fine. ^^ Also Mort is a little more complicated than that. He isn't actually a half demon. You see, his soul is a fusion of both a human and a demon soul to create a soul that has the powers of both, yet is not human or demon. He is an abomination. His body is that of a human, but his soul is supernatural. Its complicated. ^^; I'll have flashbacks to explain as we go. XD )

Mort's pale eye scanned the woman who had spoken to him. He replied in his own low tone.

"Well its either bring her along or leave her out here to die. As long as she is with me she will be safe, I assure you."

He sighed heavily as Faran, who was riding on his shoulders, jumped down to the ground.

"Besides, she insisted on it. She is even more stubborn than I am..."

"Ooo is this the place Morty? Is it? Can we go inside now lady? Please! Can we?"

"Calm yourself Faran! We'll be inside soon enough."

"Awww ok."

Mort scratched his head and sighed again. He was suprised that she wanted to go inside so much. He had described the dangers that could be present but she was still excited to go. The innocence of children knows no bounds it seems...
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Maria looked at the child. Due to her cloak, the only thing visible were her eyes, glowing yellow and appearing to gaze into her soul. "I'm afraid the cave doesn't work like that. All who enter will be tested as far as their limit is, and some even further. The cave will not tolerate failure, either, beast. If you survive, however, the reward shall be great."
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 pm

(Okay well then give me a day or two to look through my WIPs and see who needs improving. X3 Oh and can you use preds? )
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:11 pm

"Kids" War mutters rolling her eyes, she stands away from the group arms folded, loooking at each gathered person as though they were an enemy. War purses her lips, her arms folded underneath her breasts pushing them up slightly in the cloth. War let out a small sigh, casting a glance at the large city of Negav nearby, before she turned back to watch at the gathered group.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 am

Name: Zilta
Species: Neko
Sex: Female
Height: 5ft 6in
Hair/ Fur Color: Blue
Eye Color: Green
Misc: Wears a grey shirt and grey knee length shirt and carries a staff with her in her hands or strapped to her back and is an extension of her own body in its use.
Greatest Fear: Being without power while in the presence of a giant predator namely Dryads and Fairies.
Greatest Desire: To over come her fears and gain complete control over her Lightning Magic.

Bio: Zilta is a Neko from a different world who had a rough time upon her arrival in Felarya. When she got here her powers were all temporarily gone and she was at the mercy of the jungle for a good week. Her only reason for surviving was she managed to be saved by a human mage who tried to teach her a little about Felarya. During that week she learned the best she could but before her powers had a chance to return they were both attacked by a Dryad and Fairy. She was nearly eaten by both only to be saved by her friend a hairs breadth from being put inside their mouths. From then on Zilta has had a near total fear of fairies and Dryads that can get to be so bad in certain cases that she will either freeze up or try to run away as fast as she can. Zilta is a great mage and able to control lightning and use lightning magic with scary efficiency and accuracy. Able to use tiny invisible tracers from any point on her body to any point on her targets, so long as her tracers have a clear path to her intended target she can cast any form of lightning based attack. Her key talent and one that has gotten her out of many jams since arriving in Felarya is her ability to move as fast as a bolt of lightning though this method does eat up her energy faster then running but is great for those extra tight binds.

Zilta walked towards the group with her staff in hand eyeing up those around her the person in the cloak seemed to be a person she should not trust as far as she could throw her something about that cloak just did not rub Zilta the right way. The other girl seemed competent though extremely pushy but could possibly be trusted so long as neither of their goals conflicted. The other two looked like they should be elsewhere not here but Zilta didn't feel like pointing out to them that children should be left back home. It was possible the girl wasn't even his child but rather had gotten attached to him in some other manner. Zilta felt he could be somewhat trust able so long as nothing happened to the kid.

"Greetings everyone. I hope I'm not to late am I?" asked giving a gentle smile to all as she joined their small group.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 am

Maria looked at War. "I promise you, child, that the Cave will bring out the kid in all of us." she said, quietly. She then turned to Zilta. "Hail Zilta, Mage of Lightning." She looked at her. "You are the most noble soul entering the cave, at least so far."

(I do not mind if you use preds, but no ating anyone and keep them small.)
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:20 am

"I'm not scared! Theres nothing Morty can't handle! We'll ace this stupid cave. I bet its not so scary really. Right Morty?"

He looked at her and grinned.

"Thats right kid. You and me. Nothing we can't do."

"Yeah!"

Mort picked her up again and put her on his shoulders. She was punching at the air and all the while he kept up his confident grin. But inside, he wasn't feeling so confident. He didn't feel comfortable taking her inside this cave, but where else would he leave her? Would she really be safer alone somewhere else, where he can't protect her? Best to take her with him. Besides, she wasn't exactly going to take no for an answer!

As for him, he had lived a dark and sinister life. Killing was easy and came naturally to him. He wasn't bound by the petty morality that bound so many others. The only people that mattered was him and Faran. He would not risk his life for the others of this group and he did not expect them to risk theirs either.

Inside, he also doubted his motives. He already had great power and yet he desired more. He told himself that he needed it to protect Faran, but was that really what he wanted it for? Was power even what he really wanted? He didn't know for sure, but what he did know was that this cave had something he needed. He had yet to discover just what it was he truly desired.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:01 am

Maria looked at Mort.

"You doubt yourself. Your motives. You doubt your strength, yet you are overconfident in your ability to protect your friend. This is odd, as usually people are overconfident, or underconfident, but not both." she said, looking at him closely.

She walked (hovered?) to the front of the group. "I will be your guide through this cave. Let me warn you, though, I cannot help you out of any trap or danger. Nor will I allow other people in this party to aid you. If you are ill prepared, or fail to escape, you die. We will not stop the cave from taking it's course. I will lead to the center, but, like many things, the fastest way there takes you through the whole thing."

She continued, in a deeper, somewhat darker voice. "Once you enter, there will be no turning back. The door to the cave you must press forward and keep pace with the group."

She looked directly at Mort. "Helping anothor out of a trap is expressely prohibited. Even if they are your best friend, or lover. The only time you can act is if you are stuck with them, or the trap gives you written permission."

She then turned around, and began moving to the entrance. "This exploration has begun."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:54 am

Great. Now it seemed that the woman who was to be their guide was a psychic as well as she had sensed his doubt. Thats just great. Despite her warnings they were both eager to begin. Death was death. It'll happen in this cave or it'll happen in the belly of a pred. But should they succeed in getting to the end, they wouldn't have to worry about preds ever again. At least... he hoped.

"Alright. Lead the way. Faran, stay close."
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 am

War folded her arms, stepping along side Motis "wow she's a real ray of sunsine" she says pursing her lips in thought. War looked to Mortis "if she falls behind I'll take care of her, if she falls behind." War shook her head slightly, tapping her foot against the round as though she were impatient, she scanned the group around her. War turned back to Mortis, shaking her head slightly she stayed just a couple of steps behind him, she frowned slightly 'how can I trust him, I shouldn't trust him, but he's unlikely to be a threat with the girl around' she let out a small sigh as the thought raced through her head, she chckled slightly shaking her head as though she'd heard some kind of private joke.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Maria approached a large rock. She lifted a gloved hand, and it disintegrated, leaving in it's place a hole. The hole was large, and had stairs in it leading into pitch black. On the opposite sides of the stairs it said "PAST.

"Anyone who wishes to turn back may do so now." (jedi-explorer and any other late-starters, I'm giving you a chance to join. I will move the story on tomorrow.)
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Zilta stayed with the group walking next to Mort keeping an eye on their 'hostess' she still didn't trust the woman even less now then before. How was she to know what they would face? Or to decree that no help may be given to those that need it? Looking to those with her most of them looked capable enough to take care of themselves just the young girl worried her the most as she watched the child seem so care free and innocent despite this hell world. As Maria revealed the way she looked to Mort and Faran but said nothing though she wanted to.

"I shall stay." She replied turning to look towards Maria. "That we are here at all I would assume is the same response everyone else."
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 am

Without saying another word, Maria entered the cave. She seemed to float down the stairs, and if someone watched her feet carefully, they'd notice she didn't have any.

"There are many paths in this cave. Only one of them moves on. Pray you don't get lost." and with that, she pressed on. The first room in the cave was very large. It looked run-down, but had the appearance of a ballroom. On the floor was a mural of a very small girl.On the walls were carvings, carvings which were different for everyone. No two people saw the same thing, for no two people had the same past.

Zilta saw murals of the mage who saved her, as well as several drawings of Dridders eating people.

Mort and Faran saw the same thing, but from different angles. On one of the walls was Mort's first meeting with Faran. To Faran it appeared that Mort was a big strong hero, and she was a tiny, helpless girl. To Mort, on the other hand, it looked like he was a monster, snatching her up. On one of the walls it showed Mort protecting Faran from a monster. To Faran, of course, he was a hero. To Mort, it looked more like he was killing a monster brutall for no reason.

War saw many things on the wall, and all of the pictures starred her. (I don't know enough about War to say what she saw.)

Maria looked at the wall. "Ah, the Ballroom of the PAST. Here you wil have revealed what you feel is most importaint in your PAST." Maria also saw something, something etched on those walls, but didn't share it.

Suddenly, and without any sort of warning, from the celing dropped a large cage. It somehow was perfectly aimed, and caught Faran perfectly. Maria yelled "Mort, you may interfere with this one. Everyone else, BACK!"

On the side of the cage it said the following:
Whosoever is traped in this cage,
will not be set free until,
All the mosters attacking here are dead.
Are you up to fighting them?
If you do not stand up to the task,
A low and painful death will be her fate.
And then the cage will open up,
but by then, of course, it will be too late.

The doors opened, and two nagas, three dridders, and a fairy charged in. Ignoring the rest of the party, they charged directly for the cage.

"Mort, this is your challenge of the PAST. I wish you luck." And with that, Maria dissapeared into a cloud of darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)   Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cavern of Destiny (WARNING! CHARECTERS WILL DIE)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next