Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Locations

Go down 
+19
Shady Knight
Cypress
nksrocks
Oldman40k2003
Wario-Man
xlrp
Raetsu Lord Pichu
gwadahunter2222
Rythmear
Hunter
mangamastermind
lami
Pendragon
Kat
Malahite
Sephimink|Kyle
MukatKiKaarn
Karbo
melancholy-melody13
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya Locations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 am

Ocean Platform Omega

This base was built by a research team, who's purpose was to analyze the seas of this strange world. It is over a mile in length, and can withstand normal disasters.

Over 1000 soldiers populate this platform, each with a specific assignment, from communications, to dish washer.

Though the platform is prepared with military weaponry, they rarely have to use it.

The base always emits a generated soundwave capable to turning hostile sea predators away. (like shockwaves turn away sharks)

However, on rare occassions, harpies have been known to attack the base. They could withstand the sound just long enough to grab a bite to eat on the deck. Fortunately, only a few men were actually taken.

The women soldiers, well aware of the creatures that enjoy feeding on them, stay below deck to avoid being eaten.

This cache of females is what causes several predators to attack the base. They enjoy the taste of them too much to resist. The soundwave emitter keeps them at bay, though.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:00 pm

I hope you don't mind. I have another location for the wiki.

A fiery mountain located near the outskirts of Felarya's massive forests. It boasts incredible shrubbery that seems to thrive on the scorching heat.

Over 700 feet high, this volcano houses something special. A lava woman named "Fazana" lives there, along with a whole cache of fire and lava based creatures.

Every so often, a group of hooded men bring a sacrifice to this fiery woman to appease her. I guess you could call them the "Fazarian Occult".

If you manage to get by the voraceous creatures there, then I think you'll enjoy this place.

Last edited by on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:39 pm

I don't know if any of you have played Shadow of the Colossus. After some one posted the floating field it sparked the Idea, of a Living Location. Like city that is part of a giant turtle or a Tower, Runes. or Castle that is a Golem.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:15 pm

xlrp wrote:
I don't know if any of you have played Shadow of the Colossus. After some one posted the floating field it sparked the Idea, of a Living Location. Like city that is part of a giant turtle or a Tower, Runes. or Castle that is a Golem.
It's a very interesting idea I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:40 am

Name: The Stream of Sight.

Location: A small extension of river mostly overgrown near Anko's home.

Description: Due to the small size of this stream, Anko and the other mermaids are never really directly affected by it, though whether or not they realize it, the people who drink from the stream become much easier prey for them due to their disorientation.

It is said that a great witch made her first steps into the afterlife through this stream, and she left one of her unique trademark powers embedded in it... blind as a bat she was, but she was able to use her magic to see through the eyes of the creatures around her.

Those that drink from the stream are temporarily afflicted by the same ailment as the witch - becoming unable to see with their mortal eyes. However, like the witch, they also become able to see through the eyes of the creatures watching nearby. Naturally, this drives many prey mad, as they see themselves in third person, stumbling around in frantic terror - usually into Anko's lake. At which point, they see through her eyes - unknown to her - as she prepares to devour them.

The magic only takes effect if sufficient water is consumed, which makes larger creatures all but immune, and tiny creatures too dumb to be affected, but human sized prey are utterly confounded by it.

Some even become reckless as they believe they are hallucinating, and seek out larger predators to defy them in their dreamlike state, only to discover that they are very much awake and real - just now in a LOT of trouble.

For those fortunate enough not to have consumed a vast quantity, the average time it takes for the spell to wear off is close to half an hour.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Has it anyone already posted the Idea of a Prison. I know there is the Law of the jungle that it is the Servival of the Fittist. Then I was thinking for those creatures that are the fittest that go Berserk and just kill things for no good reason. Would there e some type of containment for them or are they just doomed to roam Felary killing what ever crosses them untill they die. So I was thinking of a format of containment unit for the renagades of Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm

xlrp wrote:
Has it anyone already posted the Idea of a Prison. I know there is the Law of the jungle that it is the Servival of the Fittist. Then I was thinking for those creatures that are the fittest that go Berserk and just kill things for no good reason. Would there e some type of containment for them or are they just doomed to roam Felary killing what ever crosses them untill they die. So I was thinking of a format of containment unit for the renagades of Felarya.
"SURVIVAL of the FITTEST."
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm

Probably roam until they die.

With Predators, not much can stop 'em. With Prey, being chucked into the woods naked and without supplies would be just as good as killing 'em.

Stocks, Gibbets, Branding, the usual would probably be done for 'minor' crimes (Or at least fines, Community Service, etc) with Prey, though the serious offenders wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Unless we're going to assume something like the BGII:SoA Magehold for insane Wizards who are deemed to dangerous to keep anywhere near a sentient being.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Wario-Man wrote:
This brings up another point, Crime may just be ignored if you get away with it. Self-served punishments and all. If you can get away with it, you're obviously more 'fit' than those who cannot, and thus have no reason to be hunted.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Well the most likely containment I see is the belly of a predator personnaly Laughing

But this is an intriguing idea. If I had to put a dangerous being to sleep I would use something like a stasis in crystal or something like that.

Rythmear : A nice idea here. It allow many interesting situations ^_^ I would maybe see more it as an ability or a spell though.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well the most likely containment I see is the belly of a predator personnaly Laughing

But this is an intriguing idea. If I had to put a dangerous being to sleep I would use something like a stasis in crystal or something like that.
Problem is that said Stasis Crystals tend to eventually be broken open by idiots (I'll free the being inside, and they'll be so grateful that they'll give me whatever I want!) or grow their own sentience (And then you have to get through the crystal before getting to the thing within).

Not that there's anything wrong with this if the Crystals are dealt with Competantly (Which I have no doubt that the Guardians would do).
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Malahite wrote:
Probably roam until they die.
Unless we're going to assume something like the BGII:SoA Magehold for insane Wizards who are deemed to dangerous to keep anywhere near a sentient being.

Those are the ones I would be talking about. The ones that would Slaughter another preditor not for any territorial reasons or alfa status. It was just movng and another preditor was there.

Malahite wrote:
Wario-Man wrote:
This brings up another point, Crime may just be ignored if you get away with it. Self-served punishments and all. If you can get away with it, you're obviously more 'fit' than those who cannot, and thus have no reason to be hunted.

That but minus the logical reasoning.

Karbo wrote:

Rythmear : A nice idea here. It allow many interesting situations ^_^ I would maybe see more it as an ability or a spell though.

My question would be how would you get it to stand still long enough toput it to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:12 am

Or you could drop him/her in the mirrors of Milkadis temple. The more he/she wanders, the less likely it becomes he/she could ever get out.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 7:11 am

Karbo wrote:
Or you could drop him/her in the mirrors of Milkadis temple. The more he/she wanders, the less likely it becomes he/she could ever get out.

With that, My question is if you just Drop Wild or Berserk Preditors into the Mirrors. With the rule that in Felarya you don't die untill something kills you. It would be safe to say anything that goes in there is in for a fight lke they would not beleave. So I was thnking with the amount of dimentions out there and the amount of overy proud fighters who want ultimat bragging rights. Would it possible if a rumor would started that in stead of a punishment area it would be a fighting area were ony the strongest of the strong fighters go. With the reward of the title of the most powerfull fighter in Felarya. Because If you can get out of the Mirror that alone is an accompishment let alone being in there for any amount of time.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 7:40 am

xlrp wrote:
With that, My question is if you just Drop Wild or Berserk Preditors into the Mirrors. With the rule that in Felarya you don't die untill something kills you. It would be safe to say anything that goes in there is in for a fight lke they would not beleave. So I was thnking with the amount of dimentions out there and the amount of overy proud fighters who want ultimat bragging rights. Would it possible if a rumor would started that in stead of a punishment area it would be a fighting area were ony the strongest of the strong fighters go. With the reward of the title of the most powerfull fighter in Felarya. Because If you can get out of the Mirror that alone is an accompishment let alone being in there for any amount of time.
a kind of battle arena Question
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:03 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
xlrp wrote:
a kind of battle arena Question

exactly cheers
Back to top Go down
Kat
Helpless prey
Kat

PostSubject: City of Iraclia   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

Welcome to Iraclia ladies and gentlemen! Hidden city of the Neko race!

Here the inhabitants have a.... Well... mostly symbiotic relationship with a local predator, a Beautiful naga by the name of Cara, with long, beautiful black hair, and pale white skin, long ears, longer even than those of a normal elf, dancing, happy emerald eyes, you see... we have an... interesting method of dealing with criminals! should anyone commit a crime... any crime, against the laws of our council, they are hunted down by one of our teams of Enforcers, and bound, carried to Cara's lair, and left on a specially designed platform for her to enjoy! In return, Cara has sworn never to snag a Neko from the village.

((*grins* Will add more info on Cara and the village from time to time))
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:32 am

Hehe this is a great idea, the perfect symbiosis ! Razz
And your naga seems beautiful ^_^

Well I know it's supposed to be hidden but where ( roughly ) would this city be ? ^^
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:53 am

GAH!

I just typed a description for the forest of Nadine, and it took me forty minutes to write, and I accidentally clicked DRAFT!

WHY IS DRAFT THERE?! I CAN'T ACCESS THAT POST NOW NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY!!! >.<
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am

Gah the exact same thing happened to me ><

Just one hour ago there was a 5 min downtime of the forum and when it came back, this draft option was here.. not the slightiest idea where it come from Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Karbo wrote:
...when it came back, this draft option was here.. not the slightiest idea where it come from

Don't worry, it's obviously a variant type of "vanishing land" and will return to it's proper forum in a few hours or days.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:02 pm

It wont work! I cannot access the drafts section - I click on it and it doesn't work!
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Ok - I'm just going to retype it. It's not as detailed as the first one...

This is both a character AND a location, so the description will be broken into two parts, the location posted here, and the character elsewhere.

Name: The Forest of Nadine

Description: There is a section of wood, roughly three kilometers from edge to edge, that lies just south of Man Mountain, roughly two days travel (for a human) into the Forest of Whispers. The name of the forest is known only to the Fairies that inhabit the woods, because of the tale that has been passed down from generation to generation of the source of that particular piece of jungle.

All the trees are unmistakable, as they appear identical to all others, save for two differences.

One: They have no roots.

Two: They have no leaves.

The reason for this, known only to the fairies, is that each tree is in fact the root of a single Dryad, whose name in the past was Nadine. She stands at the very center of the wood - but here the story becomes unusual. To the naked eye, she appears to be made entirely of wood - not a single piece of skin on her. Her torso is curled and twisted, her unmoving hands covering her face. The fairies unanimously agree that she is dead, and although the reasons for this are varied depending on the story they've been told - such as that her heart was broken by a fairy, or that she was cursed by one, the stories all agree that she died long ago.

These stories are in fact all wrong... but the story of the very much alive Nadine is to be saved for another place.

The only significant fact that proves her continued existence is that, despite what the fairies believe, her roots are still growing... which would make her an unthinkably old age. However, one way or the other, she doesn't seem to be coming out of self-hibernation any time soon, and thus her forest shall remain.

No other plants can grow there, as her roots suck up all the nutrients from the ground to sustain her.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 am

Wow another spectacular idea Razz You seem inspired by dryads XD

I tihink this is a great idea , it could make a fine legend as well. I am curious to learn more about this Nadine Smile
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:44 am

Well I'll be writing her story up as a New Idea, as a character profile didn't seem appropriate in the Locations section.

And about my recent spout of Dryadism... I don't care if the race-generator Did say I was a Mermaid, if I was a hundred feet tall and female, I would so have a tree for legs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Locations   Felarya Locations - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Locations
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next