Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parameciumkid started a character thread.

Go down 
+2
Nyaha
parameciumkid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Parameciumkid started a character thread. Empty
PostSubject: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Peer pressure finally got me. I couldn't sleep and with a mind turbid with ideas about the few OCs I've created I decided to post one or two bios, which until I say otherwise are works in progress.
I'm going to have this thread work such that whenever I add a new bio I edit this post and add it (or a link to it) to an index list here on the first page.

CHAR INDEX:
Persephone W. Norman The sharp-witted human space captain
Lorelei the Achigate The life-loving achigate

Persephone W. Norman
Spoiler:

Last edited by parameciumkid on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:53 am

Personally, I think you've done rather well with this. The only issue is that you haven't given the bio a part about her personality; backstory alone isn't enough to define a character. Also, the backstory may be just a tad long. You might consider shortening the parts that don't have to do with Felarya, perhaps, but that's just my thought. Anyway, good work so far. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 am

You mentioned that this character was made for other games and RPs. So when it comes to Felarya is this solely a roleplay character or do you have stories planned?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm

I have nebulous ideas at present to reference Felarya in my webcomic at some point, but don't tell anyone yet cuz it's not official <_< >_>
Other than that I'm not sure about stories, I may write some or I may not. That's up to inspiration and the manner in which it strikes. And good point with the personality section, I actually meant to include that but it was past midnight when I typed this up and I was thinking less than perfectly clearly.
Thanks for the feedback by the way, I was a bit worried nobody would say anything!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:26 pm

First off very awesome to reference the Tenth Doctor's oh so infamous statement on time. Laughing Secondly Persephone is a wonderfully layered character. I mean it. I love all the diferent "lives" she's lived, well I know they aren't actual lifetimes but rather in-game timelines but I love it non the less! I have Jedi OC who's "true" bio is like this. It transition to many points in time and space, though that's beside the point. I want to point out my favorite highlights:

1: Persephone's mysterious arrival via crystal. Very cool and it's interesting even she doesn't know where she came from. Makes a OC very intriguing to a reader and it makes them become very driven I think. Motivated to find the truth of that event. Always a good goal to know about your past. I think now that I see that in Persephone it makes me realize that Clare is too ignorant of her past and doesn't question it more.

2: Her believable understanding of both science and high technology. Very interesting how she has skills with ships and spells.

3: Airships...Oh I love Airships!! X3 Any reference to one or it's pilot is always cool. Shame you didn't give the names of any of her ships (space, air or what not.) does make me see her as a little cold. Also big fan of wormholes and I have to say I'd never thought about the whole "bigger ships can unstabilize a wormhole compared to a littler ship". Very interesting theories you have there.

Final Thoughts: Even if she's never in a story it wouldn't mater to me. I loved reading her bio almost as much as a story. More because of it's briskness and way laid out plot and progression through each life altering event in her life. Bravo! Wink
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks! Don't go lavishing too much credit on me though - the crystal idea actually wasn't originally mine, it's the opening from the MMO "Eden Eternal". And the wormhole thingy is partially the idea of CCP when they made up EVE Online, in which there are mechanics governing the stability and life expectancy of wormholes.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Thanks! Don't go lavishing too much credit on me though - the crystal idea actually wasn't originally mine, it's the opening from the MMO "Eden Eternal". And the wormhole thingy is partially the idea of CCP when they made up EVE Online, in which there are mechanics governing the stability and life expectancy of wormholes.

Oh I see. ^_^; Well I don't play many new games these days so it looked original to me. Sides I take a few of my ideas from other sources but I try to spin it off so sounds like my idea. For example I got most of my ideas on wormholes from Farscape. My Hyper Drives come from Star Gate's thoery mixed with Star Wars and my weapons don't function like blasters using gas instead they use a organic oil! Oh the horror XD Though to be fair my universe is made to be a spoof of a star wars plot. That could be why nobody seems to notice and or really call me a copycat. Either way I like Persephone's bio. Do you have plans to make more OCs? I'd love to see more to get an idea of how you think. study
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm

I imagine I'm not done for life on making OCs, but I try for quality over quantity and consequently don't come up with a lot of chars. If you'd like to see more, then have you read my webcomic? It's short (so far), but all the characters there are my OCs or a character on which I collaborated. They'll of course get more developed as the story progresses.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:25 pm

I made up this character the other day when I realized that my attempts to participate in text RPs were starting to get monotonous since I was always using the same character. Thus I concluded I needed a new one... thus this:

Lorelei the Achigate
Spoiler:

Last edited by parameciumkid on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Oh no now everyone will think I copied you when post my achigaye character :0. Anyway the bio looks solid and well rounded, the length isn't much of an issue because she's for rps. One thing I'm skeptical of is her height, to my understanding the snail girls were bigger than the average pred to make up for their sheer slowness and coincide with their massive appetites. Of course anomalies do and always will exist, in fact an aspect that departs from the norm is often what makes a character worthy of being a protagonist. I simply don't know what the height is bringing to the table and it will depend on the type of rps you do that will ultimately decide whether it fits, a positive or negative change etc. One thing though is that sometimes preds are made smaller as an excuse for not hunting humans, that can be crossed off the list since Achigates are typically peaceful with little people anyway.

Can't wait to see her in an rp.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

I kinda wanted her to be smaller so humans would be larger than action figures by comparison, that way she could easily talk to them and even to tinies and see their expressions.
I didn't catch that part about them being bigger though... I guess she's a dwarf achigate. :shrug:
Back to top Go down
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Actually looking back through the wiki their size isn't mentioned. Maybe I infered that because of the whole really huge appetite and slowness thing. It's good you have a reason in mind though, and I enjoy the idea of being smaller to better talk to humans.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Alternatively, make her not yet fully grown. That works, don't it?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Small bump because I polished up Lorelei's bio a bit. Ignore if not interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started a character thread.   Parameciumkid started a character thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parameciumkid started a character thread.
Page 1 of 1