Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ilceren's weird ideas spree

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilceren
Ilceren

Ilceren's weird ideas spree Empty
PostSubject: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

Okay, not a spree right now, but may become one soon enough. Like my characters thread, I'll make this one post an index.

The First and Last steps - Shop in Negav
Fastwater Nets - Subarea of the Dridder forest or the Motamo river
Floitari - Subspecies of Dryads

Giant Eating Club - Aggrupation in Negav
Paragiant - Subspecies of Slimoid
Portable fountain - MUST product

Also, I accept the disclaimer.
You can use anything I post here without permission, but I'd really appreciate if you could tell me about your plans for them. ^^

Last edited by Ilceren on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

The First and Last steps
An establishment located between the middle and low tiers of Negav in a specially strategic spot that the mayority of adventurers have to cross in order to head outside the city. Run by a small shadowy character always dressing in black, torn and tattered clothes. It actually consists of a building and several bazzar-like outside stands on each corner, all of them filled to the brim with every kind of concievable weapon or item. As the owner himself (or herself, it's not known) states, this shop is the first step once you've entered Felarya and the last step before you leave, meaning that this is the place to buy and sell second-hand weapons and artifacts. Shop's motto is "What has saved others in the past, can save you in the future", but it is unclear if most of the wares here actually were sold by their original owners. As such, the shop has gained a bad reputation of buying and selling gear left behind by devoured adventurers.

Even so, the shop still stands. Little is known on how the owner managed to get this key location or how he/she keeps it running despite the reputation it has, given the fact that he/she accepts any kind of money, even those that have officially no value at all in Felarya. Even less is known on how the owner actually manages the outside stands and the inside shop at the same time, for the whole day and night, without failing to attend to a single customer. Rumors say that if you go to the inside shop during the night and there's no one around, the transaction can even be fixed in Tinies instead of money, be it you buy or sell.

Last edited by Ilceren on Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:36 am

Fastwater Nets
Located southeast of the Dridder forest, there is a part of the Motamo river where the shores become rocky cliffs several meters high at each side and the width of the river visibly shrinks. The waters accelerate their pace and plenty of rocks break the surface, treacherously changing the current's direction. In such a place where a moment's distraction can cause a whole ship to crash and sink, a trap is laid.

Shortly after the speed of the water increases, when there's no turning back, a multy-layered system of spider webs blocks the way. Every single one of these webs would be capable of inspiring awe among fishermen, as their tight and dense design resembles that of a fishing net, filtering the waters of the river and trapping any boat or adventurer that tries to break through...

Floitari
[word is both singular and plural]
An extremely rare subspecies of Dryad that sprout when the mother Dryad's seed has been pollinized not by a tree but by a little ground plant. The Floitari are very small, normally not exceeding twice the size of a Tiny, but they also are one of the most beautiful races of Dryads. They have a green, fibrose trunk and tend to feature a single flower at the top of their heads, enormous for their size, while in other cases their human halves appear in place of what would have been the pistil of said flower.

These Dryads are relatively safe. Of course, they pose no threat to human-sized or tiny-sized creatures by themselves, and doesn't predate on them, their diet being mainly insects. However, when they sense they are in danger, they expel a powerful and utterly pleasant smell. This has two functions, first reduce the risk of being attacked, and then attract human-sized predators and critters to fend off the threat.

The Floitari can connect to the Dryad network, but unfortunately, they don't have the presence to make themselves heard among the giant Dryads. So, Floitari can only listen to what others say and, if the network is relatively silent, they may be able to talk to other Floitari. Other Dryad traits like uprooting, camouflage and sharing a single link with another creature are possible, though their usefulness is hindered due to the Floitari's size, so they don't use them often.

Last edited by Ilceren on Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:02 am

I really like the Floitari idea, they sound so adorable! Very Happy Do you envisage them having the same sort of traits/abilities as dryads? Like the occasional uprooting and camouflage?
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

McKindle wrote:
I really like the Floitari idea, they sound so adorable! Very Happy Do you envisage them having the same sort of traits/abilities as dryads? Like the occasional uprooting and camouflage?
Yes, I think they have those two abilities as well. Although the camouflage one seems like it would do more bad than good for a Dryad that size. Insects generally don't care if the flower has a Dryad body or not as long as it doesn't move, while she can get cut by a human gathering flowers if she's using her camouflage. The uprooting is useful though, as she can move to safer places where she isn't crushed under the feet of some random person/predator.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Remind me if I ever encounter a flower that squirms and cries out when I try to pick it to stop trying to pick it.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Portable fountain
A tube-like crystal object, small and light, well-suited to be carried around. As the name implies, it can act as a source of water in the broad wilderness when there's no sign of a stream, or it is too dangerous to approach one.

It's an enchanted item that, when activated, would attract the molecules of water of whatever is in contact with it, creating a small water source. It can be used on the ground, on plants or even on animals to drain out their body water, but the enchantment takes a little while to work before it starts coming out. On the other hand, the water-attraction enchantment is so powerful it's not enough with ambient magic to run, so the effect weakens the more you use it, changing its colour to red as an indicator. This weakening depends on where you use it, since filtration and purification of water is diferent on a rock than on a body. Fortunately, it can be replaced by MUST with only a fraction of the cost once it's run out of power.

MUST idea belongs to Anime-Junkie and used with his approval.

@ Para: I will XD

Last edited by Ilceren on Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:18 am

Paragiant
A race of giant predators with unique caracteristics. They are lousily formed, transparent, with some strangely-shaped and colourful objects inside their bodies and covered with an infinity of rope-like appendages that they use for mostly anything. Their height and width are around 50 feet while their length is on the hundreds. They are brainless creatures, literally having no brain or any type of control core, so they act on instinct and try to phagocytose any object they sense to be "moving" with their appendages. They often mistake trees as such objects, but they seem unable to digest them and give up after a while.

What makes these creatures dangerous is the fact that their bodies don't have a fixed form and can stretch or simply go through obstacles by wrapping them into a vacuole. Therefore, relatively safe places like a zone where trees grow very close together or a cave with a human-sized entrance are no obstacle for them. Fortunately, they have little magic resistance and can be fend off with cold-based magic and killed with ease using electric-based attacks. Cutting their appendages can help you not be detected, but there are so many that running is a far better option.

Their movement is silent and slow, very slow, and they prefer places with high humidity due to their extremely high body water content. Salt water is lethal for them, though, so they keep away from whatever source of concentrated salt they detect. They are thought to be a primitive organism from another dimension that ended up in Felarya and somehow managed to survive.

Last edited by Ilceren on Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:59 am

I really like the Floitari idea, I think its adorable.

I can see them being pets, too. Since they're harmless and couldn't be a predator to humans, nekos, elves, etc, I can imagine some growing in Negav's park without any problem at all. (Though, being uprooted and transported of course)

How and where would the Paragiant eat from? Do they absorb their prey from anywhere? Do they have some kind of funnel-like mouth? Or just an opening they can do anything with? This idea is also pretty good though, too.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:44 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I really like the Floitari idea, I think its adorable.

I can see them being pets, too. Since they're harmless and couldn't be a predator to humans, nekos, elves, etc, I can imagine some growing in Negav's park without any problem at all. (Though, being uprooted and transported of course)

How and where would the Paragiant eat from? Do they absorb their prey from anywhere? Do they have some kind of funnel-like mouth? Or just an opening they can do anything with? This idea is also pretty good though, too.
Thanks, I wanted the Floitari to be cute little things. It seems like I succeeded.
Also, they're supposed to be very rare, so gathering enough for a garden would take quite some time.

The Paragiant are in reality giant unicelular organisms, so they use the normal way of enveloping the "food" with their bodies so a vacuole cointainig the "food" is formed, and then digestion is done there. Any point of the body is fine, and the appendages would probably help to push the "food" in. Hmmm, now that I think about it, they should be considered a subspecies of slimoid. I'll put that in the index.

Last edited by Ilceren on Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:10 pm

WAIT A MINUTE O_o
Is the paragiant based on... me?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:13 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
WAIT A MINUTE O_o
Bingo! That's the idea I got from that post on the "comment on the previous avatar" thread XD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:14 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
WAIT A MINUTE O_o
yes. we had to document the creature that ate you. for science!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:06 am

It's a nice thread Smile
the Floitari looks adorable and I like the Paragiant description. and the reference was pretty cool too XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Karbo wrote:
It's a nice thread Smile
the Floitari looks adorable and I like the Paragiant description. and the reference was pretty cool too XD
Thank you! I'm glad you like those.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Giant Eating Club
Motto: "Eat what you kill, specially those that eat you will."
A very exclusive group with unique tastes, both in food and anything else, that doesn't reach the number of thirty members. These people are externally known as fine gourmets eating in the finest restaurants; easily affordable treats given their rich economies. However, the most distinguishing feature of the club in contrast to other similar aggrupations is the fact that the eater is also required to be the killer. At least for the most part. With the internal rule that, for a creature to be eaten, it has to be taken down by a member of the club, all of the integrants take care of being fit and healthy for the hunt. 

The group counts with the help of a number of specially selected, jungle-hardened mercenaries to aid in the hunts that are performed. As some end up transforming into lengthy expeditions along the way, the club takes earnest care in supplying the mercenaries with all they need, even heavy weapons or black market goods. This doesn't fall short in powerful, hard-to-get artifacts and weapons because of the club's nature; if they meet a giant creature, they will attempt to take it down as well, as such a delicattessen is the final objective behind the creation of the club. 

Giants, be them sentient or not, are considered as the ultimate meal, and it deserves every last drop of effort and spending to achieve. This also gives some extent of fame to the club, since not only all the members are rich, but they also have an interest in taking down giants. Even if, to other people, their tastes or minds are twisted, the mayority of them ignore that fact because they contribute to make life harder to predators. Though the number of hunts is less than one a month, and half of them don't end up with a giant score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilceren's weird ideas spree   Ilceren's weird ideas spree Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ilceren's weird ideas spree
Page 1 of 1