Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saen Kel's characters!

Go down 
+4
Nyaha
Darth_Nergal
Stabs
Saen Kel
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

Saen Kel's characters! Empty
PostSubject: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 pm

NAME: Saen Kel the Fifth
Species: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 6’5
Weight: 230
Skin: has a slight tan
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye color: Golden brown

Saen Kel wears some leather as protection. His belt also has a satchel attached to it that holds two six sided dice. One black with gold dots and the other gold with black dots. On his hands he wears black archery gloves and has been known at times, when concentrating to put one of his dice in his mouth holding it in place with his teeth. On his right hand is a signet ring with a simple enough design sliver band and a green gem resting in it. The boy’s hair is always a mess and looks as though its been ruffled. His face has a few birth marks upon it along with scuffs of dirt.

Saen Kel hails from a world unheard of by most. A place normal mortals cannot comprehend, to gaze at it would bring tears to come from one’s eyes, and make you fall to your knees! None return from this land due to its incredible and unmatched amount of pure unadulterated ….GOODNESS! The world is perfectly at peace wars long gone, and famine is but a myth. Every evil creature has been shown the error of its ways, or been slain. No one steals, or murders they work out their problems through talking. There are some crimes committed sure, but nothing serious and these are allowed for nobody is perfect. Now who would complain about such a perfect world? Saen Kel the Fifth that’s who. He is not evil of course, goodness courses through his veins, his great great grandfather is the one who had slayed the last demon to plague the land after all. It’s just hard to be the hero that everyone expects you to be, when there are no monsters to slay or people to save. Most people just compare him to his ancestors and how he does ‘nothing’ for the land, and is considered a lazy good for nothing.
Saen Kel had once given up ever being a hero at all. When at training one day at the age of 14 he discovered he wasn’t good at anything at all. The other students far surpassed him in their skills being faster, stronger, and above all else smarter. A young woman accidentally stumbled upon him moaning about his sorry state beneath a tree. Not being a very good at comforting children she said he should give his dream a second try saying “Eh, you never know kid maybe you’ll get lucky” with that left him two dices he still carries even today. He tried to challenge the strongest student to a brawl, Saen was beaten till he could barely stand, and hadn’t left a mark on his opponent. He clenched the dice in his fist and launched one final punch and… tripped. This caused him to throw much more power into the swing than he would have normally and it landed just right spot, to knock the kid out cold. After that day Saen never gave up at anything, even though hardly ever won anything, he definitely tried harder than anyone. He gained the ritual of rolling his dice before entering any competition and loves to do games of chance. His philosophy adopting the saying “Luck is just variable destiny!” though when he finally graduated from his training it was quite a shock to find his training useless in this flawless world which he had been raised. Then he heard about a ‘Ripple’ as the scholars called it. They claimed that it lead to a different world, that’s all he needed to hear and was off to prove himself a hero and take his place in the sun!

Personality: He means well in everything he does, but is a little bit dense as not noticing things that others might find obvious. Like walking into a bar and having a female thief steal some money from him, he would most likely stop her and say. “dear lady, have you by chance seen a thief in here? After you walked by I realized my wallet was missing! I wouldn’t want you to fall victim to this villain‘s scheme as well.” He is not above complaining if things are going bad, but in the end he believes everything will work out so to see him acting as though there is no hope, is rare. He is fiercely loyal to those who call him friend, and even some times to those who don’t. No one gets left behind type of attitude but is known to be angered easily when mocked, or if he is compared to someone else. He is also jealous of those who do things with extreme ease, or is praised often by other people. Saen will actively try to out do them, even if he has no experience in the area they are competing in.

Gear:
Hatchet: a simple Hatchet nothing special about it except it was a gift from his mother and he cherishes it.

The Dice: though Saen treats them as holy relics and his main source of courage. Even if asked he will say, they always tell him if something will go well or poor for him. When in actuality they alter nothing, save a placebo effect on his willpower.

Skills: Due to his efforts in training after failing so miserably as 14 year old child, Saen has trained his physique to an abnormally high level. His stamina can allow him to cover great distances without needing to rest. With the proper motivation his threshold for pain is exceedingly high refusing to give up when his skills or character are challenged. Due to the only real experience he could get using his bow in real situations was hunting he developed several skills. How to hide, patience, and moving silently through woods and mountain like terrains. Though he openly trusts people far too easily and lets those obvious things slip by, his eyes are sharp able to noticing when things are out of place like traps and the like.

I hope this explains enough and such =o I'm sure everyone will help me make it better if its not good enough ^^

Last edited by Saen Kel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Six foot five, 230 pounds, and not good at anything at all? I'd expect that guy to be at least good at porting large loads of equipment.

Being not good at anything... well, in a relatively humorous game, I suppose this guy could survive- or he might die amusingly once per game. Part of the charm of Felarya is that it's... well, supposed to be lethally dangerous to everyone and everything, and that's all in good fun. No problem with silliness, but meeting a silly end can be part of the fun, just like surviving in a silly way.

I'm sure that background isn't something we should take too seriously, so let's just say that I agree that he should follow his dreams wherever they may take him. The rest... well, doesn't seem like there'll be any problems there. Hatchet, bow, I think you won't have any problems with anyone calling godmode on him.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm

I should probably have re-phrased as "Not good at anything in particular." XD but I did want to see if he could survive, without having extraordinarily good skills like magic or good technology hmmmm. I need to make him better but at the same time I love the fact its a long shot if he survives and is an underdog. arrrgh okay what if I made him rather good physical wise? seeing as he did train, almost like how Captain America is just the pinnacle of human ability being extremely strong, and fast (Of course I still wouldn't want him to be as good as Cap but a lesser version) do you think that would work? =o
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I adjusted it a bit, do you think that its better now? =o I want him to be silly but hopefully now he may seem a bit threatening? XD
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, I better log off for today.

For the record, a range of several miles and accuracy is an impossibility with the longbow. Then again, if your character ever gets something that's several miles downrange and a chance to shoot, it would be best not to pass up the chance to be silly that way.

As for metal, I don't recommend it as a bow material. Maybe this is a nitpick, but I'd rather not describe the material- or go for a Welsh longbow or composite bow which looks real pimp feathered up. They can even be custom-made to take advantage of a particular man's physique, like your guy's. Then again, this might be a nitpick.

Now for survivability and silliness- I recommend not to work on fighting skills, much less on fighting skills for things that are miles away. I'd recommend you to go instead for running or hiding skills: the triad of "running very fast", "running very far" and "not being afraid of running away" will surely serve you well in the kind of adventures you might want to have: a lot of things in Felarya are pretty pointless to fight head-on. The alternative, bar magic or tech, is going into camouflage techniques, stealth, hunting, wildlife lore, and other things that don't seem to be your style- then again, I'd at least mention them, let the guy have a shot at getting serious if it ever comes to that.

Finally, "better than the average human"... 50% of humans have health better than the average human and 50% don't. As a rule, avoid using the word "human". I'm sure there must be something better of a comparison, like saying he has the stamina of a mule, or he's a relentlless hiker, or that he's marched 3 days through a rainy swamp without food or rest, or that he watched all of the Pokemon anime episodes one straight after the other without the need for cocaine or even coffee to keep him awake. Use your imagination.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Editted again! XD hopefully with more explaination I will get approval! XD I will not stop tell I get it!...Or I get boredom and too impatient and just jump in an rp! XD and I'm too new to post a link to a small comic I made about him so take a load of this!

Saen Kel's characters! Better10

somehow I think it worked...well I can see it from my computer anyway! XD hurrah for just guessing! XD
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am

Okay, SK, I think we're about done here. Unless a fellow roleplayer has anything to point out, you're good to go as far as I'm concerned.

P.S: Yes, I can see the comic.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 am

GREAT ^^ I can begin at last! thank you for all your help, now to find the proper one to begin in! XD
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm

New character! XD any feed back is welcome! and here we gooooooooo!
slightly edited from before ^^

Name: Rurei Laen
Species: Tomthumb
Height: barely 2 inches tall
Skin: pale
Hair: dark red
Eyes: Green

Appearance: Rurei wears all black clothing including gloves with the flag symbol of Pelnepi on the back of them, to help blend her into the shadows even going as far to wear head wrappings only revealing her green eyes. She usually wears her hair in a ponytail. She wears a backpack filled with tiny maps, some ropes, and vials of poisons. Also contains some art supplies for drawing. Rurei has a machete on her back belt but rarely uses it for combat mostly for getting past vegetation she can’t climb through and there are five more vials on her belt. She always carries a tiny amulet she carved with the emblem of the Cult of Minalca.

Story: Rurei Laen was born in Pelnepi with her family which consisted of her mother, father and big brother Jurin. They lived there in peace for quite sometime her parents were extremely thoughtful Tomthumb teaching their kids to not hate predators, for that would make them no better than those who ate them for sport. One night when Rurei was 15, the family was taking a walk they were set upon by a neko. The Neko taunted them and took her time as she ate their parents but the children were saved by a 18 years old member of Minalca cult who chased the Neko off.
His name was Erikin and he allowed the orphans to live with him. Rurei’s brother could never let go of his hate of anything bigger than a tiny and didn’t stay with Erikin long leaving and becoming an assassin taking joy in killing the people who never treated them with the respect he believed they deserved. Rurei didn’t bear larger races with ill will because she took her parent’s advice to heart. She read any book she could get her hands on trying to understand the other species in order to find a peaceful way for her people to get higher status. Her studies left her with the impression though that everything needs to eat, so she never tries to really change preds just avoid the dangerous ones and is willing to fight for her own survival but does not hate them. She chose to live with Erikin taking a job as a messenger of love letters and developing a love of drawing things. Which helped when she turned 17 and realized she had feelings for the man who saved her. Rurei didn’t believe he would return the feelings because of her size so she started to send him letters from a ‘secret admirer‘. This was enough to express herself to him but he started to reply back saying how much he liked her too.
After a year she decided it was time to tell him it was all her and instructed him to meet her at an inn at midnight. Rurei would wait for a man who would never show. Worried she went to his house to find what had become of him. The other members of Minalca told her he had left with some strange people into the wilderness of felarya. The Tomthumb was heartbroken and worried for the human she loved. She gathered her things, and began to set off after him. She only had maps, ropes, and books but before she left she ran into Nina and Leila. Rurei instantly thought of Nina as a role model and heeded her instructions to get somethings to defend herself like the various potions and poisons Rurei carries. The encounter with Leila and the fairies mock 'eating' has made her even more comfortable with preds and willing tries to make friends with them when possible. Any that like to play those types of games she willing allows them to try and hunt her. She sees it as good practice for evading preds who have no intention of letting her go and her friends get the satisfaction of tasting her if they win. Rurei still hasn't revealed to them why she is leaving Negav however.

Personality: She is kind hearted and open minded. She is intelligent but unfortunately is only really book smart as in comparison to having actual experience, which make her easily swayed by those who know how to speak kindly or like they know what they are talking about. Rurei will not harm anyone permenately even if they are trying to kill or eat her. The only exception being those who take cruel statisfaction in eating other beings but even they she would not want to kill. She is not brave, she would rather hide than fight possibly even leaving others to be eaten if she isn’t close enough friends with them. The Tomthumb is strangely trusting of predators when they have proven themselves friendly like Leila.

Gear:
Maps- of some of the more explored parts of Felarya nothing that only few have survived but a bit above average on its knowledge.

Rope is just normal tiny rope!

Drawing tools to make sketches of people and places she likes on her travels a way of relaxing and unwinding.

The potions and poisons are:

-Two large jugs (to her) of sneeze pod dust.
-five vials on her belt are filled with Slug Girl Slime
-there is a container in the pack that is carefully sealed and made of materially that is hard to break. It is filled with kynho-zos fire grass only to be used against those she deems very cruel.

her children! just names for now XD

Mal Terrence
Joseph Terrence Jr
Raya

Last edited by Saen Kel on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Nice bio Sean, very nice indeed. :3 I like Rurei and her personality. Her past is pretty cool too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Why thank you! XD hahahaaha! so far no one else has said anything =( and I can't wait to use her in a real RP! XD
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:39 am

Here are some colored sketch things of Rurei! XD why because she is awesome!

Saen Kel's characters! Rurei_10
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Another character time! XD hahaha!

Name: Constance
Species: Neko
height: 6'2
Skin: tanned
Hair: Magenta
Eyes: Fiery orange
predatory tier: opportunistic (wasn't sure what to make her on this but if you read more about her feel free to suggest something for me)

Appearance: She wears some torn up pants that don't look would take much to fall off, a black tank top with torn up green military jacket that has a patch that reads 'officer Gren Toleer' on it. Her hair is long hanging down to her lower back and very frizzy and unkept. It even covers her left eye which is blind and scars criss cross it. Her body has lots of scars on her body from fighting for her life all the time in Dridder Forest. One of her ears is chewed nearly off and her tail is no more at all. She carries an axe on her back and on her hands are some gaunlets with metal claws on them (For some of her natural ones were lost)

Story: Constance's past is a bit of a mystery, for she has told little to no one about it not having any friends to confide in. For the bits I've heard and gathered this seems to be as close as to the truth as I can get. Was apart of a fairly large nomadic group of nekos and she was in fact one of the leaders until she lead them too close to the Great Tree when she was 28. They were set upon a gaint Naga who started to eat all of them. Constance left them all to die and save herself, but a tree fell pinning her by her tail. Desperate to live she cleaved her very own tail off and kept going looking back only once to see that the Naga had blonde hair.
From that day Constance was more afraid of Naga's than any other creature in felarya to the point where she will literally run into the mouth of any other pred to avoid getting close to a naga. She calls the first naga she met The Blonde Death. She set up a home in Dridder Forest knowing that Naga and Dridders usually didn't get along. She became obessed with climbing the food chain so nothing would try and eat her again, having a primitive view that the more she kills and eats the stronger and bigger she will become. Constance is known to even eat humans and other Nekos as long as she can over power them or sneak up on them. The first person she ate was a man, who use to own her jacket.
She still wandered though looking for anything that might help her get bigger or one day eat a naga. When she heard of the cult Minalca and the luck property she thought she finally had her answer. For giant preds were just 'lucky' to be born big right? While there she could not resist eating some Tomthumbs the main ones she caught being Rurei's parents Erikin chased her off and cursed her luck. It wasn't long before she lost the use of her left eye and her ear was nearly ripped off. She became obesssed with eating Rurei and her brother the Tomthumbs that she believed rightfully belonged to her! She fled the city and steamed plotting for the chance to get the Laen family ever since.

Personality: Constance is a wicked and cracked person. Willing to do anything and everything to survive or get her next meal. She has a complex as well that once she designates something as prey she will never stop hunting them until she sees them die or eats them herself. She also enjoys screams of her prey and scaring them. She cares nothing for anything but herself completely selfish. people are either tools or food to her. Her will is inctredibly strong though. She has been eaten by some preds and hacked her way out some way. She refuses to die, not to say she can't be killed, just don't count her out unless you know she doesn't have a pulse. She is also known to make deals (Usually if threatened with being eaten by a Naga) and she will keep her word if she gives it but only to the letter. If there is a loop hole in the deal she will exploit it inorder to get what she wants.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Name: Jurin Laen
species: Tomthumb
Height:3 1/2 inches
Skin: Pale white
hair: Jet black
eyes: Dark blue nearly black

Appearance: rarely if ever makes any other face than his stern one. His hair is meduim in length and juts upward rather falls. He wears a black scarf that covers the bottom half of his face. He wears a black leather long sleeved shirt that has multiple belts cris crossing it that hold two daggers and four vials of poison, on the belt on his waist has a magical blue gem. On Jurin's forearms are two grapples. He also has sword that he carries on his back that rests in a black sheath.

Story: He was the first born of the Laen family, and was joyful older brother to Rurei. Jurin had always been atheltic honing his physical body so he could run through the streets of negav without being stomped and to get to places quicker so he could get things for his family. He bought in to his parents philosophy about bigger people and how not to hate predators, if only to respect his parents. The night when he was 19 and a neko brutally killed and ate his parents changed that however.
He could never let go of his hate, it grew so much in him that he couldn't bare to be around any "Footers" anyone who is taller than a foot (pretty stupid racist insult but as far as I know I don't think tinies have insults for bigger races do they? If they do I want to know! so i can use that instead of my stupid one). He even ended up hating Erikin who was a priest of Minalca who saved him and his sister from the neko. Jurin wandered the streets stealing, to get by for quite some time, until he found two nekos messing with a Neera before trying to eat it. He grabbed a piece of glass and attacked the cats. One he managed to kill for it underestimating how fast he was and his determination. The other neko was hurt fairly bad before it could finally land a swipe on him. The single blow knocked him out and left him bleeding out.
When the Tomthumb woke up he had been nursed back to health by a mage who was a resident in Negav. The mage appreciated Jurin's grit and courage but also acknowledged how stupid he was for trying to take on two people that size head on. If Jurin was well enough he would walked away but he was forced to listen. The mage explained that they could perhaps help channel Jurin's hate for humans and nekos in a profitible way, by becoming an assassin. he offered to give jurin the tools and training he would need. Even Jurin could appreciate the irony of being paid by them to kill thier own kind so he agreed.
He was given the magic Gem that could make Shadow Raven that could carry Jurin stealthly across distances. Two grapples to help scale things when the shadow raven would give his location away and last but not least his sword. The mage instructed him how to use each and about being stealthy and how when you want to hurt someone its best to be patient and wait for the right moment.
Whenever Jurin could find time between training and killing people for money he would watch over his sister as she spent her time with Erikin, actaully visiting her rarely. He was disgusted with her for living with the human, but never let her know. One day when Jurin felt he had learn all that he could from his teacher he killed the mage in while he slept. The only human Jurin ever felt any measure of guilt for killing. He continued to assassinate but now getting all the benefits. Though what he didn't use to buy food or maintain his weapons, he gave to the Tomthumbs of Pelnepi.
Over the years he encountered the Neko he who killed his parents but with each battle neither of them ever managed to kill the other. The loser always escaping by pure chance, but she was persistant and a constant threat to him and Rurei. That is why he named her Constance, for she never spoke of her real name and when Jurin called her that, she galdly adopted it as her own name.
Jurin made sure that Rurei never knew how close Constance had come over the years to catching her, until the day Rurei made friends with leila and Nina. That night he yelled at her for becoming friends with a predator and fairy of all things! Rurei defended her friend from her brother's insults, and racist remarks. He demanded that she never speak to the fairy again and Rurei refused to listen and declared he was done with her and the two haven't spoken since. From time to time he still watched to see if she was okay but when she left Negav he gave up any hope of seeing his sister again.

Personality: He is cold all the time and perfers to be alone, not even able to stand the company of other tinies for too long. He speaks honestly and never lies intentionally being plain with his words to get the point across. Though he hates bigger races he does realize he has limits on what he can kill and what he can't not picking a fight with one unless he is sure he can win, or sees no other means of escape. Jurin reads poetry when he is alone usually writings from tinies but he does have a special few from other races and will admit the Footers with a sense for the arts aren't that bad. Since his parents died he has only cried once and that was when Rurei left negav. His sister is his weakness and the only way to make him yeild to a demand, the threat of death doesn't scare him in the slightest. Jurin only shows joy when killing a person of the bigger race especially when his contract allows him to get creative with it instead of the usual poison thier drinks. he perfers to use parylzing tonics on his victims so he can reval himself without fear of them fighting back then sliting thier throat or whatever means of killing them he has in mind.

Gear and spells
two vials of poison- strong enough to kill most humans but some have been known to survive its effects

two vials of paralysis- can render things bigger than a human (relatively bear sized creatures) immobile for 7 minutes but this must be ingested and it takes 10 minutes to begin working.

Jurin's blade 'Mathreemi'- he named the blade after the tribe that was destroyed by the nekos, in hopes that one day he could return the wicked deed by wiping them out. while in its sheath it sits in a poison that causes a numbness. So while he fights with blade his enemies may not even know how many injuries they have before its too late.

The magic Gem: besides allowing Jurin to summon The Shadow Raven it boosts his agility and speed allowing him to keep with a neko on reflexes which comes in handy.

The Shadow Raven: The animal is not a tangible creature save to carry Jurin (unless of course someone is using magic against it I suppose! XD) so arrows will go though it but that is a disadvantage as well for if someone aims right there is nothing protecting Jurin from being hit by projectiles. It can only be maintain for a certain length of time if Jurin keeps it out too long it will drain his Gem, reducing him to a Tomthumb who is in really good shape, if he pushes past that it starts draining his energy rendering him unconcious. It is also not very subtle unless in the dark, and is obivously not a real raven to anyone who looks at it close enough.

phew finished! XD this one I really think I need feed back =o
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Okay, I've been reading through these, and so far, the wording of certain things could use a tad bit of work, and the redundant reiteration of points previously stated could be removed as well.

In Rurei's bio, you make references to Nergal's characters, correct? But you don't give any way for the reader to find out who they are, or who they belong to, so your inclusion of them makes reading that part of the bio rather confusing. I find it's generally a better idea not to include direct references to other characters in biographies, especially when they're not your own. It just makes things harder to explain, for me at least.

Other than that, I haven't found anything else to say about these, but I'm not done reading yet. :3
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:31 pm

The input is much appreciated already ^^ when I get the time I'll go through and smoke out those redundant reiterations! Xo they shall feel my fury! XD
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am

I figured I would add Claudia's little character sheet so I wouldn't have to rumage through Rps to find out stuff about her! XD

Name: Claudia Cael
species:Human
height: 5'10
weight:?
skin:?
hair?

appearance: Her appearance is hard to place she enjoys to disguise herself as other people all the time. wearing wigs and extremely well done makeup and rubber masks. when she is being 'herself' she wears a blank mask and a blonde wig. she often sketches her emotion on the mask and quickly erases the image and redraws one when her emotion changes.

personality: she is a complusive liar though she calls it acting. she has no one personality one day she will 'play' an angry teacher and the next she will be kind and gentle. Its rumoured that she sometimes let people in on who she is if she feels comfortable enough. Her real personality is rather selfish. She wants what she wants and will do most anything to obtain it. People are little more than objects, though she does get possessive and protects those she finds entertaining. Claudia has distanced herself from reality. Everything is just a movie or play everyone just actors.

Story: It is uncertain what happened to 'Claudia Cael' to make her hide behind masks all the time, and always pretend to be someone else. It is known that it makes it rather difficult to discern the truth when she tells everyone a different story. The most popular tale though is the disguise she uses most often Claudia Cael. She was once of noble birth and standing having much influence. Claudia's looks were beyond beautiful it was even said that impure men, were turned into saints at her slightest glance. The lady's voice made angel's covet her musical prowess, and when it came to games of wit! Well there was nary a mortal or spirit who could out think her. One day she caught the eye of handsome young man who fell instantly in love and set off to woo her. However this young man already had a woman who was in love with him. This woman was not very pretty at all, and everyone looked upon her with pity at her sorry state. What everyone didn't know was that she was a witch! On a moonless night the witch appeared in Claudia's room and asked her not tobe wooed by this man, that she loved him. The witch explained Claudia could have any man she wanted so why not leave this one to her? To sweeten the deal she even offered to grant her a wish. Claudia wasn't impressed, she had all she desired already and if the witch wanted this man so badly he must be the best husband material in all the land! The noble lady refused, but offered that the witch could be a bridesmaid. Infuriated at being treated in such a way the witch cursed Claudia for not understanding her feelings. Claudia's true face could never be revealed, and she could never be herself again. Doomed to walk the earthly realm as a shadow of all others but her true self. Until she could feel what it is like to walk a mile in everyone in the world's shoes. This is just another story she tells only part of it rings true.

Last edited by Saen Kel on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:19 pm

editted ^^

Name: Daara Spade
Height: 5’6
Hair: short and pure white
Skin: grey
Eye color: Gold
Species: presumed human

Ms Spade wears something akin to an archeologist. Button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and wears high hiking boots. On her hip is a satchel, and she always carries a large military bag. she also wears glasses, and a bronze necklace. On her head sets a very wide brimmed tan hat that often casts her face in shadow. Her hands have big brown gloves.

Story: Daara Spade came to Felarya by a vanishing land ending up in Miragia forest. She was only a babe at the time, and when her people arrived only herself and her mother survived the creatures that resided there. Daara’s mother was very skilled in the mystic arts and built a cottage trying to draw from the energies of the forest to do so. This caused her to disappear. No one knows if she was torn apart by the forces, or if she simply teleported away leaving only her wide brimmed hat behind. Daara grew up inside the protection of her mother’s cottage. Some about the place made her grow up fast and change her skin and hair color. Whenever Daara became curious about the outside world, or wanted to learn a new skill, the exact book she needed to learn from would appear somewhere in the cottage. This happened with food as well and toys as well. The only thing that would not appear would be people or something to keep her company.
She had enough stimulation though and began practicing magic! Her favorite spell which she devoted many years to mastering was prestidigitation! Though she had no one to show she made tricks and illusions to entertain herself. The other spell she focused on was teleportation, though because she loved flare one can easily track where she had teleported too. When Daara became 12, she had the drive to leave the cottage and see the world once she left it the cottage shrunk and flew into her satchel. The young mage was quite surprised but so pleased she didn’t question it. As she discovered the bizarre surroundings of the Miragia forest a predator set upon her she used her spells as best she could to escape but it was clear this was the end for her. Suddenly the cabin popped out of her satchel with its door wide, and Daara jumped in closing it behind her. She was confused, because she never heard the beast try and get in. Curious she opened the door and found herself floating in the middle of Arrow Lake. On a whim she closed the door and opened it again. This time she ended up in Akaptor Desert.
This discovery made Daara very happy teleporting all over Felarya before going back to Miragia forest. She packed some things the cottage provided and walked out again. Just as before the satchel took in the cottage and Daara traveled on foot with confidence her little cottage would always protect her. Once Daara came to a The whispering Forest and befriended a White Kowo cat who she named Malijak. The cat travels with her from now on and gets really jealous of other people.

Personality
Daara is very happy person and confident in herself a bit self centered as well and doesn't realize easily when she has hurt someone's feelings due to having little social interaction. She is also rarely serious loving pranks and jokes. Due to her many years having no one to talk to she often talks a lot and makes friends with anyone she can except predators. She has a great fear of them thanks to her to her run in with them when she first left her magic Cottage. She also usually ends every sentence with Heehee even when sad, “Don’t judge me it’s a reflex Heehee.” Her young age makes her believe people far too easy, and is easily tricked by anyone who says they are friends.

Magic powers!
Prestidigitation: it allows Daara to do many tricks. Fake fireworks, make food taste better or worse, make noises that aren’t really there or illusions. The less serious the situation the more she can do. Something about being in danger weakens the spells effectiveness to the point it can only make faint images and noises.

Size Alter: She can also shrink herself to tiny size with her Bronze necklace but this can’t work against anyone else unless they are willing.

The Cottage: Daara can influence the Cottage to an extent but for the most part it gets the final say on many things. For example if Daara wants to stay and fight an impossible foe the Cottage may take her away forcibly and teleport her to another part of Felarya. Though it can change size to fit into Daara’s Satchel it cannot do that at any other time. So if Daara is in a tight space or small tunnel the cottage cannot appear. It also will not appear if there is nowhere it can be placed without crushing anyone. The Cottage cannot harm anyone.

Last edited by Saen Kel on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 pm

She seems a little overpowered, especially concerning the whole 'being able to escape a pred's stomach' thing, which is something I myself always have a problem with when it comes up. It just isn't a good power to have in Felarya, it kills all the tension and makes the setting's main source of danger irrelevant, which is like a big slap in the face to Karbo. Also, you haven't included any negative personality traits in her bio. I haven't looked at her story yet, but I don't think it's as important as the makeup of the character so I'll leave it alone for now.

I've also not looked at Claudia's story: tl;dr. The rest of her bio lacks info. I think you spent too much time on her backstory and not enough on the other areas. The fact that 'she has no personality' is, frankly, somewhat stupid to me, especially since after saying that you say that she'll show people what she's really like when she feels comfortable enough. That would be one thing to fill out her bio with, and at the same time, try not to make it a huge wall of text like her story seems to be. In my opinion, it might help to shorten her backstory section down a bit, too.

Remember not to trust just me on all this, I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 pm

.....Och XD hahahah I take back my happiness from the chatbox but I'll fix Daara definitely ^^ thanks for the feed back. so changed Claudia's to show her personality, and Daara has been tweaked but I'm not sure it is enough =(
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 am

wait oh crap I gave her a Kowo cat hmmm the wiki says they are 5ft so does that its 5ft long or 5ft tall or 5ft by 5ft? =o
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 pm

First let me say I love Saen Kel Fifth's bio. His world sounds fun! XD Very original. His personality is pretty neatly done too. Rurei is cute and has a very heart warming backstory. She reminds me a little of my OC Dax Farstryder so I have to say she's a personal fave so far, but I haven't got through them all!

Quote :
wait oh crap I gave her a Kowo cat hmmm the wiki says they are 5ft so does that its 5ft long or 5ft tall or 5ft by 5ft?

When the wiki doesn't have the available information it's good to guesstimate. For example if it only gives height then take that height and imagine the creature and then place a ordinary jungle cat beside it. What's the jungle cat's length? That'll be close to your Koko Cat's. Or you can just make it up. Things don't always need to be exactly as it says in the wiki. Just close. Otherwise there'd be no originality.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

aww thank you jedi ^///^ I'm glad you like them! XD and thank you for the help with the Kowo cat ^^ I think Malijak will be smaller than usual! XD so yes thank you again ^^ I oh so do love compliments! XD
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am

Just wanted to put this picture here ^^, why? because I like it okay! Xo don't judge me!

Saen Kel's characters! Felary10
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Why did I never see this thread before? Your ideas are so cute and interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saen Kel's characters!   Saen Kel's characters! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saen Kel's characters!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next