Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second thread for parallel story characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emerald Electronic
Naga food

Second thread for parallel story characters Empty
PostSubject: Second thread for parallel story characters   Second thread for parallel story characters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 pm

This is a second thread I created for characters in a side story I'm working on parallel to my main story about Grant and Allen. It once again features two characters but unlike my longer serial they're incredibly different. I'll be posting them one at a time.

Name: Rel
Species: Effri
Female

Backstory: Rel is a woman from an effri tribe in Chidokai. Her village is built into a cliff where they are surprisingly well protected from both predators and the severe rainfall. The tribe has adapted to their home over the generations, many of them being either adept at masonry or woodworking and often built with a physique favouring lifting and strength over any sort of mobility beyond running or climbing. Rel has a somewhat unique role in her tribe because of her magical abilities, she and her immediate family are somewhat capable geomancers. The nature of the community means there is little need for interaction with neighbours, the only real occassions that really bring the tribe together are new building projects. Rel's family is the closest thing to a leader the tribe had because of the management and safety they bring to constructing new houses and walkways. Rel has passed the point of aging and has only recently been allowed to supervise projects on her own.

Personality: Rel's asocial and awkward around people. She's never really got along with many people and when she works on projects often had trouble talking to others. She's often passive aggressive when dealing with people, especially when errors or accidents occur within her projects. Surprisingly the closest thing she has to positive realtionships are her interactions with the kids of the tribe and even then those are pretty strained. Most of this is because of her somewhat perfectionist nature. Often she is reluctant to cooperate with others because she detests having to deal with other people's mistakes. She also didn't spend a lot of time with the other residents of the cliffside community because she would rather practise her magic alone.

So that's the first of the two. Critiques are both welcome and encouraged.
Back to top Go down

Second thread for parallel story characters
Page 1 of 1