Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Felarya

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlazingBarrager
Tasty morsel
BlazingBarrager

Location : That little place in your head you don't know about

Dark Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Dark Felarya   Dark Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:25 pm

This popped into my head a couple of days ago. We all know each world has a polar opposite in order to maintain stability. Dark and light. Yin and Yang. That kind of shit. Would it not be surprising that Felarya itself has an alternative version, especially considering that, despite its voracious nature, it's a beautiful plane full of mysterious, wonder, and shit ton of magic? You need some sort of balance in place, so that's where Dark Felarya comes into play. It makes sure that the balance isn't broken, which would cause the Felarya we know and love to spiral out of control and destroy itself.

Now what exactly WOULD Dark Felarya consist of? Well despite what you may think it's not a COMPLETE polar opposite of the regular Felarya. For example, soft vore is still a big thing here unless a form of torture is involved (which is likely possible). All the locations are, more or less, the same (Negav is a safe haven for humans, nekos, and such, but not in the nicest way). The biggest differences would have to be the characters. Let's take the lovable Crisis for example. She's kind-hearted, somewhat of a ditz, and one of the best hunters in Felarya. In Dark Felarya, she's an utter bitch who just loves to scare the crap out of her prey. She also likes to "play" with her food, in a manner of speaking. Worst of all, she likes to pick on poor Anna, who's more or less a coward when compared to her normal, hotheaded self. Oh, and she's STILL one of the best, damn hunters around. Basically, you thought Crisis was bad? You do NOT want to meet her dark counterpart.

Oh and one more thing. Getting to Dark Felarya is ENTIRELY possible. How exactly does one get to Dark Felarya? Well rumor has it that there's a temple underneth a certain well-known tree that houses the entrance to this dark plane.

Thoughts and comments? I'm actually wanting to use this concept in my story, but I'm still tinkering out the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://blazingbarrager.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Dark Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Felarya   Dark Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm

I've had similar thoughts - not so much as a 'reverse' Felarya (which might already be in progress - give searching Ayralef on DeviantART a try) so much as an alternate plane mirroring Felarya that darkness elementals, dusk nymphs, and the like enter whenever they merge with someone's shadow or the shade of an inanimate object. The idea didn't amount to much, though I still kind of have it as a headcanon, at least where my OC Niela is concerned.

If I might be blunt with you, I think you're onto something about the positive and negative balance idea, but a reverse Felarya where the main difference is that the personality of the "dark" Felarya's inhabitants are the polar opposite of that of "light" Felarya's inhabitants seems, to me, cliché - it's been done many times before, not as much with Felarya specifically, but with many other fiction universes.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
BlazingBarrager
Tasty morsel
BlazingBarrager

Location : That little place in your head you don't know about

Dark Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Felarya   Dark Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah I thought so. Care to share some ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://blazingbarrager.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Dark Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Felarya   Dark Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Felarya
Page 1 of 1