Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best vs. Worst!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Nothing to do, Lotsa Crap in the Head - Time to spill it out. So here is the Idea of this Thread: To tell about the Best and the Worst of the present Day.

Well, I know; sometimes there is no Best Thing - Shit happens. And sometimes no bad Things happen either - so there is nothing special to talk about. Now - for Starterz: WEEKEND! Believe me, if You would have a Job like mine, any Day off is a good Day.
And today I am building a huge 1/48-Model of a Corporate Plane for one of my now at least 14 Years old Main Characters in our selfmade RP `The DNA Chronicles´.

Best vs. Worst! Thinktankibr28
Best vs. Worst! Convair_b-58a_hustler3uqq1

The Red Wedge, built out of an old B-58) will be, as the Name already suggests, next-Level-red. And because if You gonna shoot Yourself over the Neighbourhood, then You will do this with Lots of Style - the Landing Gear is chrome-nitrited, which will make it very robust, weather-proof - and somewhat gold-looking. Some Desert Eagles are coated this Way and they look very bling-bling, if You know what I mean. Convair-Power rulez! Fergit da puny Lear Jets! If You can rock the Skies with at least 2500 Km/h, get Your friggin´ Chance, will ya?  Smile
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Part Two: Now I am the proud Owner of a 160 Years old turkmenian Flintlock Longrifle. And it´s verrry long - 175 cm. Okay - in it´s Service Time long ago it probably was not this accurate - but You would´ve had at least 50 other Palz - all firing in the same Direction. So You surely would have landed a direct Hit or two - preferably somewhere in the Body of a british colonial Officer. And by firing THIS Caliber You would´ve got a big Hole with some Pieces of a Guy around.
What most People nowadays don´t know anymore: If You fire a Blackpowder Weapon, it almost sounds like a small Cannon - and a huge, thick and reeking Cloud of Gun Dust appears - almost like local Fog. Use it - to get away. Especially if Your Weapon has only one Shot.
But this Thing surely is a Piece of Art - I will look to get a good Picture of it as soon as possible. Cool
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Getting away in the gun smoke? Brilliant!

And that drawing and story? VERY nice. :3

Talking about unconventional now forgotten weapon tactics, the semi-auto crossbow actually existed though it lacked the sheer power of the regular one. Soldiers would fire it while charging a fortification, and then drop it to switch to a regular melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 am

Most of these Crossbows were built in the asian Lands. And even here was something remarkable to observe: If You were in a cold Land a Bow made of Horn was the first Choice - at the Coast, where this Horn would get soft and perhaps even begin to rot, Metal Bows were preferred - which would break in deep Temperatures. Now here is the Pic:

http://abload.de/img/20150325_085429oap61.jpg

Yes, this is a verry long Rifle. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:04 am

I bow to your expertise. Bone gets harder when cold? That makes sense, and it's easy to get.

Wow, that IS one long rifle, but sooo beautiful. The bullets were inaccurate because they were not pointed yet?
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 am

In the 1840s there were still Musquet Rounds used - so the Ammunition hadn´t changed for almost 300 Years. Then in the 1860´s the american Civil War broke out - and the Minié-Bullet was invented. The first `modern´ Projectile - self-sealing, aerodynamic - and therefore responsible for the great Loss of Lives during these Years. Suddenly - ANYBODY could land a Hit. And they did.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah, guns are the great equalizer. No training required to get in a lucky hit.

Say, you are pretty much a gun expert, right? Did you hear of the Variable Lethality Law-enforcement Gun?

In 2000, Australian firearms manufacturer Metal Storm was inspired by Judge Dredd's Lawgiver to create the Variable Lethality Law Enforcement electronic pistol.[10] Like the Lawgiver, the gun is designed to be used only by its designated owner, ensuring that it cannot be fired if lost or stolen.[11] The designated shooter can be identified by palm or fingerprint, numerical code, swipe card or voice recognition.[12] The gun is capable of firing multiple projectiles which can include traditional bullets as well as pesticides, fertilisers, fireworks, fire-retardants and other rapid-delivery packages.[12] The gun also features an electronic voice that tells the shooter which firing mode the gun is in.

Linky link
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:37 am

Yes - for MetalStorm this is no Problem - they have managed to build the fastest MG in the World - lit looks like a Box with Hundreds of Holes in one Side. No moving Parts - all is fired electronically.
So You would have a Pistol with four or perhaps six Barrels (Pepperbox-Design) - each Barrel preloaded with about 8 Bullets of different Types. The Rest is all Chips and Software.

The only bad Thing that could happen is an EMP. And it doesn´t even need to be a nuclear one.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 am

Say, would an EMP really be that effective? I wonder how this will change warfare, as now people may throw in EMP grenades if such a thing exists;and use old fashioned guns to work in the interference.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:09 am

Well - the more complicated something is - the bigger is the Chance it will break.

Look at a modern Car - and an old one. You even can repair an old one by Yourself.

So I am sure - `old fashioned´ Guns will be in Service for a long Time into the Future.

Because You can count on them.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 am

Yep, hammers and knives have always been around as well. In fact, just about all modern tools have medieval equivalents but the screwdriver. That is a recent one.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:26 am

Now... there were even Screws in the antique Ages - but yes, they were hand made and rare.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 9:34 am

So, now... After I have renovated two auper-antique Land Raiderz for the coronadian Army, I finally can say renovating Things is Lotsa Fun. Especially those, which were from tle late 80´s, where Polystyrene in the Tablatop Community was very rare - these were real Model Kits, molded beige, not grey.

http://abload.de/img/20150419_112342h8x18.jpg

I know, there are `old´ ones from Forgeworld, too - but I like these more - they are the REAL STUGG - and they are Tabletop History - so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:40 pm

So... referring to my .40K-RPG-Planet Coronado the Santo Domingo Police needed some Vehicles to secure the Space Port - so I invented these:

http://abload.de/img/20150419_1126376us6r.jpg

The STEEL JUDGE MBT and the BADGER APC. Big Things to get rid of Big Trouble. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 12:04 am

This is just great:

http://abload.de/img/20150702_130742wczj9.jpg

If I could like I want to, this would be my Car!
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:10 am

The engines are too big, and the fuel it needs is much. Then the size and the control pod. Sorry, I got KSP in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:34 am

http://www.caradvice.com.au/354394/mad-max-fury-road-up-close-and-personal-with-cranky-frank/

You´re sayin´... ?
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:49 pm

KSP is Kerbal Space Program. Very addictive and teaches rocket science. Easier compared to real life and waay more fun than Orbiter 2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best vs. Worst! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best vs. Worst!   Best vs. Worst! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best vs. Worst!
Page 1 of 1