Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farms in Felarya

Go down 
+5
Ilceren
tkh1304
Archmage_Bael
Stabs
Shady Knight
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Farms in Felarya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farms in Felarya   Farms in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 am

Depending on how little you care about actual biology, grafting works too. Some of the trees in Felarya are really tall, so you should have plenty of room for grafting scions you can cultivate for food. Some of the stock plants may be hardy enough to preclude any need for care, too.

So you could, in theory, in the wild, graft plants in high roots so they get plenty of sunlight without curious predators finding it, and even if they don't, the plants can just take nutrients from the tree (so if you're too concerned about harpies to let your veggies see the sky, not everything is lost yet).

Just saying, if you don't have the Isolon Eye, anything that needs sunlight will also need an illusion to keep the harpies from finding it. Razz It might be best to let a larger, inconspicuous plant do the photosynthesis for your veggies. Or find a place where harpies don't go.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Farms in Felarya   Farms in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 am

That's an interesting topic ^^

Well when I drew the map of Negav i added some hints of farmland indeed. The area in the vicinity of the city would be perfect for that I think.
And while Mebron provide a lot of food to Negav ( http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Versology#Mebron ) It's clear the city has to be self-relient to a minimum extent.

From dimensional farming to size-shifting farming there are good and inventive ideas here Razz Although I'm curious how would you see vertical farming to look there ?
Great thread, let's tackle that problem Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Farms in Felarya   Farms in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Okay, let's leave Negav for now and concentrate on how farms would be like in other settlements. For example, Nekomura isn't as advanced as Negav is, both in terms of magic and technology. So it seems pretty obvious that their farms, if they have any, would be quite different from Negav. For the Safe Harbor, that one seems a bit of a doozy, since they rely on Jade to keep them safe, so they don't have a whole lot of room to expand to. Speaking of Jade, I think it would be neat if she played some kind of role in setting farms up, like clearing some land faster by virtue of being giant. I think the most interesting farms would be the ones in Kortiki Town. Since the town is mostly populated by fairies, I think there are a lot of possibilities of what they could bring to the table when it comes to growing crops and possibly raising animals.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farms in Felarya   Farms in Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farms in Felarya
Page 1 of 1