Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How about a Little RP?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 9:49 pm

As Tyler broke into a sprint towards Atria, she was able to cut off his escape routes easily. As she cornered to adventurer, she laughed a little.

"Seriously, what is it with you trespassers and coming straight at me? This one tried the same thing."

She gestured towards Ishida, still hanging from her neck.

"Is that just the newest thing they teach you to survive? Well, it's a bad tactic. You should complain to whoever taught you to do that. Or maybe you were trying to get my attention for some reason. But not many people would choose to talk to a dangerous predator. This is very intriguing. At first I thought you didn't know I was here. But to just start sprinting like that? You were either being chased, or you had a plan. And I don't see any other predators behind you. So tell me, what is it?"

Atria's eyes were shining with a thirst for knowledge. Her stomach was hungry, but that could wait. More importantly, her mind was hungry. Why run straight at a predator? Nobody was getting eaten until she had her answers.

In the Misty Glade, there is a saying among some of the more playful dryads and fairies. 'Lucky is the unwary adventurer that sends the Violet Shaman back to studying.'
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Ishida felt intimidaed a bit by Atria. Per now, he did not had the courage to intercept anything.

*That wont work.* Agate sighed, seeing on what Tyler does, since Ishidas plan was the same, but backfired horribly. She landed on a branch and observed the events. She wanted to warn him, but she knew it might be a bad idea. For her, Ishida was usually the top priority, after all.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 pm

At this point, Tyler was well within earshot of the Deertaur, and very close to where she could probably grab him or attack him, if she chose to do so. Tyler decided to speak up to the giant deertaur. "Hello there? Might I ask what you are doing with those people? Are they your meal?" I asked, still wary, but a friendly tone in my voice. I stared at the one attached to her neck curiously, wondering why they were there. I had previously heard of some preds using the bones of some prey for necklaces and other ornaments, but one still alive? This was new.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Atria puffed up her cheeks in annoyance. Despite her size, she could still be quite childish when she felt like it.

"Hey, I asked you first!" She hesitated for a moment, deflating her cheeks and straightening her back in attempt to regain some dignity. "But if you must know, I'm simply keeping them close because I haven't decided what to do with them yet. They interest me, you see. And no matter how hungry my stomach is, I always allow my mind to eat first. I want to know more about them, and you, before I make any decisions. After all, what kind of guardian would I be if I ate everyone that walked through my forest? I must spare the good ones, and that only works if I know which ones are good."

Atria put her hands on her hips, satisfied by how professional she had sounded.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 5:49 pm

((Oh, I didn't know she was talking to me.))

"A guardian? Interesting! Well, I'm Tyler, an explorer and adventurer you could say! I enjoy seeing what the creatures of Felarya do and how they behave. I found it interesting how you kept them around. I'm intrigued that you haven't eaten yet, typically, most preds don't learn from very long from prey before eating it. But don't get any ideas about eating me!"
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 pm

(('Sall good, mate.))

Atria smiled brightly. "Another adventurer? That makes three of a kind! Do win yet? What's my prize?"

After giggling a bit at her own joke, she regained composure. "And yes, a guardian. There are mysterious forces slumbering in this forest, and they do not like to be disturbed. They appointed a select few to act as special guardians. Only a few, though. It was not worth it to appoint more, as this forest is dangerous enough without specialized hunters. We call them spirits, but we do not truly understand what they are. Only that we are to protect them."

As she spoke, she sounded hesitant. As if something had dawned on her while she was speaking. She quickly corrected herself.

"Of course, we serve loyally all the same. Whatever these forces are, they are powerful. We'd have to be fools to disobey."

The more she spoke, the less sure she seemed of the situation. Far away from this forest, an old spirit of Tolmeshal laughed to himself. He had sown the seed of doubt.

But Atria focused on what was in front of her. Three adventurers. What to do with them? Had they picked up on her uncertainty?

"In any case, yes. A guardian. Though, I believe our proper title is 'Sentinel'. But enough about me. So, your name is Tyler, is it? And you study the creatures of Felarya? Hm... That is certainly interesting. Though I'm sure I don't need to warn you about the dangers of such a hobby. Many have walked the same path as you. All of them ended up the same way. A meal for their 'subject'."

Atria tried to sound intimidating. She would stamp out the doubts in her mind before they could grow. All she needed to do it was some energy. She moved her face closer to Tyler, and made a show of licking her lips.

"What makes you different? All of those before you only became food for what they studied. So have you come to study me?"

((Sorry about the length of my posts, by the way. Let me know if I'm doing a little too much and I'll slow down.))
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 pm

((No dude, you are doing fine! If anything, you will probably be doing better than me as I am really out of practice! This place has been dead so long its nice to see a little life! Heh, if there will be any problems it will probably my posts being too short or not understanding everything due to my absence. Just to let you know, I'll reply/react to the events in the order that they happen.))

Hearing her joke on what she wins for meeting 3 of us, I join in laughing as well. At least this gave the sign that she had a sense of humor, something always good to see in a pred for human safety, and possible friendship.

"Hmm, a guardian? And you answer to the forest spirits? Quite interesting. Since you are a Deertaur, I suppose such a thing would come naturally to you! So are you new to this? It's fine if you are, that just means that you might not eat me up as quick!" I smile at my joke.

"Yes I am quite aware of the danger, and that you might be hungry. But I do have food, and if you don't want that, I will fight as a last resort, although I'd rather not. See like you, I care about the environment here, and sometimes I just feel a disturbance in it, like something is messing it up, or it might be just Felarya's natural randomness or some crazy magic thing going on. Who knows?" I smile warmly, trying to not look scared by her licking her lips, although it was intimidating.
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Agate flew down besides Tyler:

*You are such an interesting guy, Tyler. I do recognised the similaities between you and Ishida*

Ishida waved a hello to him, while grinning. So it seems that fate has a special plan for them today.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 am

((A'ight. I can definitely agree that this place has been too quiet.))

Atria was impressed by Tyler's composure. Indeed, it seemed that he and Ishida were incredibly similar. She made sure not to back away from him, refusing to admit that she had failed to scare him as she meant to.

"New? Not at all. Sentinels are chosen at birth. Our early years are spent training for the task. As soon as we are old enough to hunt for ourselves, we must hunt in the name of the forest. I've been doing this all my life."

There was a sparkle in the deerataur's eyes as she spoke about the Sentinels of the Glade. She was happy to finally be able to share the secrets she had held her whole life. It's not as though nobody was allowed to know; it's just that nobody had ever bothered to ask. She seems as though she could go on about the Sentinels for quite a while, if only she were asked about them. It would be a perfect distraction for any number of situations.

"I'm certainly glad that you care about the environment. Though, you shouldn't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. More often than not, your 'disturbances' are new arrivals through dimensional rifts, or things like our 'spirits' getting bored and toying with things in our world. Trust me, that's not something you want to get involved with."

She took a moment to allow that malicious grin to settle back on her face.

"As for food... Don't try to change the menu. After all, you still haven't worked your way off of it."

Ishida and Agate would never know unless they asked, but the mere fact that they came from Tolmeshal was one of the few reasons they had not become lunch.
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 6:32 am

Both Ishida and Agate listened to what Atria said about the Sentinels. They found it really interesting. When Agate saw the malicious grin on Atria, she asked:

*so, what is next?*
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 am

"Well thank you," I said smiling, "But who is Ishida?" I asked, as I had not been introduced to them yet.

"Oh? So these spirits are similar to dieties and the overall Guardians of Felarya then? Quite mysterious and interesting. Tell me, how does one get chosen to become a Sentinel like you? Personality? Pure of heart? Or maybe..." a playful grin came on my face "It's a ravenous appetite?"

"Now come on Sentinel Deertaur! What harm could I pose to the forest? Besides, what fun is a pred who dosen't play with their food?" I grinned at her, making light of the situation.
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 10:31 am

*I am right here!* Ishida waved from Atrias neck. *My name is Ishida Yamamoto.*

*And I am Agate Sycamore, his friend.* Agate introduced herself to Tyler.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:00 pm

"WellI'm Tyler! Glad to meet both of you as well!" i said with a friendly smile. This might actually be fun!
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Atria sighed, straightening her back and drawing her face away from Tyler. She made a mental note to work on being intimidating in the future.

"How are we chosen? That is a good question. I certainly don't know, myself. Perhaps it is some sort of destiny, or perhaps the spirits simply choose at random. I wish I could say there was something special about us, but there isn't. Not inherently. Everything that makes us Sentinels comes from the forest. As I've said, we don't know what the spirits are, nor anything at all about them. Only that they have given us powers, and that we must obey their orders because of that."

"It could not be personality. We differ too much in that respect. Purity? Perhaps... It is not my place to judge them. Appetite? That is, at least, one thing we share. Though that is hardly a rare trait."

Atria scrunched her forehead, clearly giving the subject much thought. If there was anything Atria devoted herself to more than serving her masters, it was learning about them. There is so much the Sentinels don't know about the spirits they are appointed to guard. The other seven oft dismiss it as 'unimportant details', but Atria would stop at almost nothing to reveal even a single secret.

"Whatever it is that makes us worthy, we have been given our task. Eliminate threats to the forest, and especially the temple. And that goes beyond causing physical harm to the forest. We are also to prevent trespassers from reaching Milkadis Temple. Though, honestly, that's a more lenient task. After all, any that we miss are almost certain to meet their end in the temple anyway."

She seemed quite certain of her last statement. After all, she had seen a few adventurers enter the temple. She had seen none come out.

"So if you would study the temple, then I'm afraid that I must stop you here."

As if on cue, Atria's stomach growled again.

The deerataur poked her stomach and began to joke again.

"There you are. I know I told you to be quiet, but where were you a few minutes ago? A nice growl would have gone perfectly after I said 'you still haven't worked your way off of it'! Stupid stomach. Always has to be late to the party."
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 pm

"Well, that all is quite interesting! So what is so special and dangerous about this temple? I really haven't heard of any temples here mentioned by name, but I know there are many. Is it used for human s-sacrifice?" I seemed a little frightened.

Hearing her talk to her stomach, I couldn't help but laugh out loud! "Aww, poor belly, even it is playing jokes on you! Heh, want me to rub it?" I replied cheekily.
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Hearing the stomach growling, Ishida began to show some discomfort. One of his biggest fears was to be eaten by a predator. Yet, he tried to maintain his straaight face.

*All of these things the Sentinels of Misty Glade were very interesting.* he remarked. He felt he learned something new.

*I still wonder if we will return home alive.* Agate mumbled in herself.
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Atria crossed her arms.

"I'd very much like it for you to rub it from the inside, if that's what you're offering. I'm not some kind of pet."

Sighing again, she let her arms fall to her sides.

"In any case, I've heard only legends about the temple. Things spoken in hushed whispers. It's... a little small for someone like me. All I know is that it is known less formally as the 'House of Mirrors'. The few mentions of it in tribal history describe it as an endless hallway, where no laws of the natural world seem to apply. I highly doubt that human sacrifices are a part of its history. Apart from its size, hardly anything about that place is human."
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 pm

"Oh? And feel my struggles from inside your belly as I digest? Man, why is that a thing with almost every predator here? Do we humans really feel that good? Or do you giants just enjoy the sadism?" I pause for a moment. "Actually, that sounds like something we have on my world, although it's not really magical and isnt deadly at all. They are called a "House of Mirrors" and just kinda disorient you and make you look funny, thats all."
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 5:51 pm

"Well, I imagine some are sadists that enjoy feeling prey struggle just for the sake of it, but most enjoy it because it does feel rather nice. Like getting a massage from the inside. It's hard to describe, but I guess the closest sensation you'd know would be... er, what did they call it? 'Butterflies'?"

Atria grinned at Tyler's description of the House of Mirrors on his world.

"Sounds like fun. This one... not so much. Though, I suppose it's similar, if you count 'looking funny' as 'being digested by some inter-dimensional magic predator'."
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm

"Well, that explains why every predator wants it then. Although, you do understand that those 'massages' are really just us humans fighting for our lives to get out, right? It's not very pleasant for us!" I sigh after this. "Although, I wish that sort of thing would happen to a few people I know."

"Oh wait, is that the one temple where no one has really ever solved it? The one with the Sphinx at the end that's unbeatable?"
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 am

"I understand that prey always wants out. But that's not the natural order. If the prey is caught, then the predator deserves to enjoy their catch. The rule of survival is simple: Don't get caught."

Atria thought for a moment. Was that really something she had a right to say? After all, she had a few human friends. Not many, but still.

"Of course, that doesn't mean that everything a predator catches is eaten. What I mean to say is that it's no longer the prey's choice. Survival is in the hands of the predator that catches them."

'Better,' she thought, 'Much better.'

"And I don't believe anyone has figured out Milkadis Temple yet. From what I've heard, it sounds unsolvable."
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 am

"Well of course not everything needs to be eaten. I have heard so many stories about giant creatures with human friends roaming around. Although it certainly would make for some awkward moments when the giant eats humans. So tell me, Sentinel, do you think we could be friends, or am I still on this Menu of yours?" I smiled up at her, warmly.

"That must be some great treasure if people still go in. Although, treasure really isn't what I'm looking for here anyway, although it certianly would be a nice bonus."
Back to top Go down
mossagateturtle
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mossagateturtle

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

Both Ishida and Agate listened to the conversation between Tyler and Atria. Ishida became even more uncomfortable as they talked about indigestion and stuff. He then commented on the temple topic:

*I would rather not approach that temple if it is so dangerous.*
Back to top Go down
WanderingRender
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
WanderingRender

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am

Atria returned Tyler's warm smile with a rather mischievous one of her own.

"We could be friends, but I haven't had much to eat in a while. You see, these two were supposed to be my appetizers. Though, that didn't quite go as planned."

She then grumbled a bit. "Stupid Tolmeshal, getting in my way. Who does he think he is? Not the boss of me..."

Despite her dissatisfaction, she knew better than to cross whatever had reached out to her. Angering anything with enough power to communicate across the distance between Tolmeshal and the Mist Glade was certainly a bad idea, no matter one's size.

"So if you want to work your way out of being lunch, you'd better give me a pretty good reason. And fast."

She then directed her attention back to Ishida.

"You had better stay away from that temple. I've already told you, keeping adventurers out of that temple is the highest thing on my list of priorities. But if you keep your distance from it, then I guess you're free to go."

Reaching around to the back of her neck, Atria broke the vine that was holding Ishida. She then began to untie him.

"Get back to the Tolmeshal in one piece, alright? Something over there thinks that I'm not free to make my own choices. You go prove it wrong."

Once she finished untying Ishida, she set him down on the ground. "Of course, you're welcome to do whatever you like. Just keep in mind that I'm far from the only dangerous thing in this forest."
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

"Hey Wait a second!" I yell, "Why do they get to go free and I still need to convince you not to eat me even though we have been having a nice conversation?" I said, wondering why they had mercy, although I don't know if they had a deal before I arrived. "And if you want a reason not to eat me, its beacuse I can really hurt you, and I'd rather not do that. Besides, I'd rather be friends and you don't eat friends!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about a Little RP?   How about a Little RP? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about a Little RP?
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: