Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Party or Loner?

Go down 
5 posters

Should my stories center on a party of adventurers or a lone protagonist?
Loner, loners are badass
Party or Loner? Vote_lcap22%Party or Loner? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Party, the more the merrier
Party or Loner? Vote_lcap56%Party or Loner? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Have everyone come and go at random
Party or Loner? Vote_lcap22%Party or Loner? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 am

Well, I looked back at my huge list of characters, and I was wondering what I should do with all of them, especially the prey characters.

So I was wondering if it would be best if my main prey type characters were a band of adventurers or something, or if I should concentrate on a lone protagonist.

I myself is leaning more toward the party option. But I doubt I can use all my characters equally, without being only there to justify my favorite character.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:33 am

Parties are best if you don't want it to seem like one character is a powerhouse, extremely lucky, etc.

However, with a Party you have to define even more characters, have to make them defined while in the presence of others, etc. You also have to explain why they're together.

Personally I feel a party would be better if not for at least the experience, as if you don't like it Felarya's hostile nature means you can always drop a few.
Back to top Go down
Tankmasterxyz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Tankmasterxyz

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 am

I personally like to have a party of characters myself, even though it is a little more difficult as you need to sort of spread out and make sure that they all get enough attention. It also makes it a little more beliveable with numbers even with predators like naga's it just seem's more realistic if they have a small groupe for better servival at least from my point of view. example Crisis and Anna
Back to top Go down
http://tankmasterxyz.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:49 am

Party, though mostly because it allows people to get eaten while still letting the story progress. And much of the fun of Felarya is characters getting eaten. lol!
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Do what you feel you do best, More characters offer more chances for your author to identify with, but usualy at the cost of depth (if not that then the time it takes to crank out a chapter) where as a deep single character offers more depth but if people arent interested in the character then they wont read the story, often if your looking to create a readerbase you should hype up your stories a bit more, it shows your trying to reach out to the reader rather than just flopping somethind down and letting people read it if they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Party or Loner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party or Loner?   Party or Loner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Party or Loner?
Page 1 of 1