Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

destruction of Negav city

Go down 
+12
gwadahunter2222
S-Guy
mikeimp
ZionAtriedes
Sick Guy
Karbo
Raveolution
Pendragon
Claire
GREGOLE
Malahite
TothinKornoT
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TothinKornoT
Helpless prey

destruction of Negav city Empty
PostSubject: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm

In my opinion a lasting city in Felarya is just a matter of "keep away the predators" and down the road that city will soon be destroyed...here are my theories on the destruction of Negav city. (most involve the removal of the Isolon Eye)

1. a power struggle between the magiocrats that involve two warring parties end up destroying their protective crystal.

2. Fairies finally gain enough magical strength too over ride the eye's power.

3. A frustrated group of Nekos detroy the eye finally ridding themselves of the opressive humans. (they might capture some mages to keep up the power of their own crystal)

or

the frustrated group of nekos steal the eye themselves and watch as Negav city is totally destroyed (assuming it still works after it is removed)

4. One of the guardians is ticked off by the magiocrats arogance and rmeoves the eye.

If I missed any other possible way Negav city could be reduced to rubble besides war or plague please inform me.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 pm

TothinKornoT wrote:

1. a power struggle between the magiocrats that involve two warring parties end up destroying their protective crystal.
This is the biggest and most likely concern. Not that they'd do it on purpose, but that they'd accidentally destroy it in a duel or something.

Quote :
2. Fairies finally gain enough magical strength too over ride the eye's power.
Pumping as much magical energy as possible into a magical artifact sounds like a tool for disaster on a scale much larger than city-wide. While plausible, it would likely nuke the whole area. And I doubt many Faeries would like living in their kingdom on the edge of a magical fallout wasteland.

Quote :
3. A frustrated group of Nekos detroy the eye finally ridding themselves of the opressive humans. (they might capture some mages to keep up the power of their own crystal)
Oppressive or not, they have basis in doing such. The Nekos were already disgruntled. Leaving them with their own town that they could grow at their leisure with no humans to watch them would likely quickly wind up with a Neko / Human war developing, and that would then just screw both over.

Of course, whether that was the Mages intention to avoid such or not is another thing. And I doubt the Neko group could destroy it. We're speaking amongst the highest clearance that I wouldn't expect anything short of a massive civil war inside the city lowering the guard.

Quote :
the frustrated group of nekos steal the eye themselves and watch as Negav city is totally destroyed (assuming it still works after it is removed)
How does one steal a crystal that large and not get noticed? Also, if they fail the Nekos would realize they just shafted themselves as I doubt the mages would be too keen to continue to support them after the attempt.

Quote :
4. One of the guardians is ticked off by the magiocrats arogance and rmeoves the eye.
If a Guardian is ticked off at Negav they're more likely to either directly target those in question or nuke the whole city. They have the power that they wouldn't need to kill everyone if only a few pissed them off.

Quote :
If I missed any other possible way Negav city could be reduced to rubble besides war or plague please inform me.
Rampaging Elephants, raising water level, famine, magic experiment gone wrong, sapping.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Eh... seems like the Isolon Eye is awfully crucial to the city's survival for many people to be careless enough to destroy. And anyone who managed to gain the power to destroy it more than likely isn't clumsy enough to accidentally do so.

I maintain that Negav isn't likely to destroy itself on the grounds that it's the only canonical main human settlement, which Felarya desperately needs.

Though in a future scene, I was considering having Mecha-Ryla show up in Negav and be immune to the eye's effects, on the grounds that she has no stomach and is thusly not technically a predator. XP
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:33 am

Claire -The destruction of Negav!?!.. As Queen of the Dridder race i will not let that happen!!! hmph*. Besides I own a resturant there..and um *blushes* some investments, And BESIDES!!! it keeps the filthy nagas out of my forest.. Very Mad Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 am

Hmm... would it be possible for the city to collapse into the ground due to a bunch of predatorial mole people digging too much under it? Or does the eye protect from this?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 am

Pendragon wrote:
Hmm... would it be possible for the city to collapse into the ground due to a bunch of predatorial mole people digging too much under it? Or does the eye protect from this?
Sapping, and if the eye prevented them from digging at a certain point they'd just need to dig deeper. 'Course, it's not like there's no danger for the Mole-People if they dig too far.

Deep Crows...
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

If the Isolon Eye is destroyed in Negav City, aren't there a ton of people there capable of defending themselves?

Would this not be as disastrous for the preds as for the people?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:22 am

Well yes the city can defend itself even without the eye but well.. let's say the Negavian wouldn't sleep very well at night ^^

As for the destruction of Negav, I would say #1 is the most likely but not in the current situation and only after a bloody power struggle ( revenge of the defeated side before they leave ? )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:55 am

Karbo wrote:
Well yes the city can defend itself even without the eye but well.. let's say the Negavian wouldn't sleep very well at night ^^

As for the destruction of Negav, I would say #1 is the most likely but not in the current situation and only after a bloody power struggle ( revenge of the defeated side before they leave ? )
Exactly!!!

Here's an idea for you... a cult with a small presence within Negav City which believes the Eye must be taken down in order to keep Negav strong. Kind of like Spartans... "our warriors are our walls!" / "Our warriors are the Eyes of Isolon!" / etc. They claim to be descended from an army of battlemages that rushed to the ill-fated defense of Ur Sagol 4000 years ago; nowadays, their membership includes former Miratan soldiers, Delurans, and other assorted humans, all seeking to regain the lost glory of that ancient army.

You can only join this elite group if you have taken down a great pred in one on one combat with hand held weapons (no exoskeletons) and another member of good standing sees you do it.

None have yet been confirmed taking down a non-corporeal great pred (i.e., a mist elf), but it's only a matter of time: if you ever want to know about how to take down a corporeal pred, they have all the knowledge on how to do it.

These cultists are known for their spectacular acrobatics and martial arts skills. Initiates have to master sword dueling and gun-kata. Many are mages of varying skill.

Most of the cult is fed up with Negav's defenses keeping Preds away, so most go out routinely to defend caravans and small towns outside Negav City. They all await some kind of great trial - namely, the day when the Negavian power struggles will bring the Eye down again and allow the cult to be truly tested.

This cult has often been blamed for manipulating the human-neko conflict that caused Negav City to be sacked once before.
Back to top Go down
Sick Guy
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Having been playing a RPG game based on Felarya, I must say that Negav being destroyed would suck in a really, really major way. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:23 pm

What game is this???!!!???

Holy crap, Rave's idea is pretty interesting. It mirrors an idea of my own: the Jurdean nomad tribes. They themselves do not reside in a city (except the main body of women and children, who live in a system of caves in the moutains northwest of Deeper Felarya, with several "off-shift" hunting cells).

I think that if Negav was destroyed, then it could lead to a all-out war between prey and pred. I don't know if the other isolationists would join in, but I know that a huge number of human warriors would be fighting off hordes of predators. The huge amount of deaths that would result might make such a prospect uninviting to predators.
Back to top Go down
Sick Guy
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:39 pm

The Game? A friend of mine took the setting and used D&D rules to work things out. Been playing this for three months. Just got to level 6. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 am

Can you please give us a link to play this awesome game? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Malahite wrote:
TothinKornoT wrote:
...sapping.

>_> <_<

*cough* Cool
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:59 am

For some reason, I get the feeling that this is gonna become one of those pred-lovers vs. prey-lovers threads...

"Pffft, everyone knows a silver succubus (<-one I see a lot in discussions) or whatever could SOOOO break through the city!"
"Yeah, but the humans would come up with so-and-so strategy to beat it!"

...I've seen it happen. You've seen in happen. We've all seen it happen.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:56 am

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!! <.<
>.>
<.<
heh...sorry :p
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
For some reason, I get the feeling that this is gonna become one of those pred-lovers vs. prey-lovers threads...

"Pffft, everyone knows a silver succubus (<-one I see a lot in discussions) or whatever could SOOOO break through the city!"
"Yeah, but the humans would come up with so-and-so strategy to beat it!"

...I've seen it happen. You've seen in happen. We've all seen it happen.
Truthfully, when it comes down to it, I prefer the endless cycle approach, nobody ever gains eternal dominance.

Humans overwhelm Preds, go out of bounds, and if the Guardians get involved, they get involved to cause the humans to destroy themselves and become easy pickings, and then the fairies take over, then the fairies try to take over, so the Guardians influence them to destroy themselves so Fairy territory becomes easy pickings, then the Nagas rise to power, get out of control, wipe themselves out and become the underdogs, and on and on with all the other species, too.

Hey Karbo, what about the Guardians acting subtlely against species that threaten the balance.. you know, by causing them to destroy themselves?
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 am

Nukes! Nukes!

I'd like to think that it would end up like all society, someone makes a decision, the city ends up being split down the middle by two warring factions, a war is going on inside, and one side or another manages to damage or destroy the crystal by missing and/or using too much force, then the preds swarm in on the city and eat everyone.

---meanwhile, the nekos enjoy complete peace right next door and send scavengers to the fallen city of Negav to salvage the shards of the crystal, allowing them to siphon power from them in order to power their own crystal for untold amounts of time.

The nekos lived happily ever after. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:15 am

Best happy ending I could hope for, S-guy. I'd applaud that.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Raveolution wrote:
Truthfully, when it comes down to it, I prefer the endless cycle approach, nobody ever gains eternal dominance.

Humans overwhelm Preds, go out of bounds, and if the Guardians get involved, they get involved to cause the humans to destroy themselves and become easy pickings, and then the fairies take over, then the fairies try to take over, so the Guardians influence them to destroy themselves so Fairy territory becomes easy pickings, then the Nagas rise to power, get out of control, wipe themselves out and become the underdogs, and on and on with all the other species, too.

Hey Karbo, what about the Guardians acting subtlely against species that threaten the balance.. you know, by causing them to destroy themselves?
Those accursed Guardians! Grr! We need to find a way to defeat them... no enemy is invincible... we'll find a way... *plots and schemes*

Pendragon wrote:
Best happy ending I could hope for, S-Guy. I'd applaud that.
You anti-human sonofagun! The humans and nekos need to band together against our common foe... THE GUARDIANS! There's MY happy ending!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Well, most humans hate nekos since nagas prefer them as food. It's about time the magiocrats got what they deserved.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:01 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Well, most humans hate nekos since nagas prefer them as food.
I... do not follow.

Like saying the French hate the Jews because the Germans preferred them as scapegoats.

Quote :
It's about time the magiocrats got what they deserved.
If they did not set up this scenario, how long do you think it would have been before someone declared war from either side? Nekos attacking Negav for a larger living area? Negavians attacking Nekos to obtain a slave-labor force? Turning the deal into something that benefited both sides - if in a favorable manner to the Magiocrats - was better than leaving themselves open to centuries of strife.

Some of you put too much emphasis in how much safety the crystal provides. The walls are armed with gigantic cannons. I think it's safe to assume that the city will not fall instantly. It'll likely lead to a collapse, but not within a short timeframe. And it's not like it does the Nekos much better to suddenly be on their own. Just like how things would likely be worse for Negav if Nekomura was wiped off the map.

I am completely for the overthrowing of Guardians though. Not because I dislike them, but it's almost an obligatory response whenever one brings Random Omnipotent Beings into the equation.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Malahite wrote:
Some of you put too much emphasis in how much safety the crystal provides. The walls are armed with gigantic cannons. I think it's safe to assume that the city will not fall instantly. It'll likely lead to a collapse, but not within a short timeframe. And it's not like it does the Nekos much better to suddenly be on their own. Just like how things would likely be worse for Negav if Nekomura was wiped off the map.

I am completely for the overthrowing of Guardians though. Not because I dislike them, but it's almost an obligatory response whenever one brings Random Omnipotent Beings into the equation.
Precisely. The cannons could own some preds, at least for a little while. Don't forget that as a "human capital", Negav is bound to have a suitable pool of fighters for a militia.

Heh, yeah, I wonder if Karbo had expected that when he thought up the Guardians. I doubt it; I think they were just an idea to explain why people like the Delurans or Miratans don't just take over. Maybe this means they only act in EMERGENCIES. Perhaps getting too big wasn't Ur-Sagol's only mistake... perhaps there are secrets of Felarya that the Guardians don't want people getting. If you ask me, I think it adds an extra layer of mystique. The Guardians don't just protect Felarya for the heck of it. Maybe its dimensional uniqueness has something to do with it. Maybe many, many worlds would be at risk if anyone found out something they shouldn't about the structure of the universe/multiverse (the uni/multiverse thing depends on if you go with my theory, or the traditional one).
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:36 am

Pendragon wrote:
Best happy ending I could hope for, S-Guy. I'd applaud that.

I may be able to make a story out of this when the time comes---I would think that someone else could do the story of Negav being all torn up and destroyed, and I would end up writing what the neko village on the border would do after the destruction. It could lead to some interesting possibilities.

S-Guy wrote:
---meanwhile, the nekos enjoy complete peace right next door and send scavengers to the fallen city of Negav to salvage the shards of the crystal, allowing them to siphon power from them in order to power their own crystal for untold amounts of time.

~Possibly using the modern miracle known as "Duct Tape". Wink
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:57 pm

S-Guy wrote:
I may be able to make a story out of this when the time comes---I would think that someone else could do the story of Negav being all torn up and destroyed, and I would end up writing what the neko village on the border would do after the destruction. It could lead to some interesting possibilities.
I dunno if you should do something so important to canon like that without first consulting Karbo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: destruction of Negav city   destruction of Negav city Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

destruction of Negav city
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next