Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Empty
PostSubject: Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!   Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Taken from a report by FirstShowing.net:

"The legendary movie voice guy known as Don LaFontaine passed away on Monday at the age of 68. Entertainment Tonight is reporting that LaFontaine passed away of complications from Pneumothorax, a condition that is the result of a collapsed lung. Why am I writing this tribute to Don? Because even though you might not know it, Don is the voice that you recognize from nearly every last movie trailer and every last movie voiceover. He's got that deep, thrilling voice that you'll instantly recognize the moment you hear it. He may never have been seen in any actual movies, but to me, he has been and always will be the voice of movies and movie trailers. Don and his voice will most certainly never be forgotten.

Don is known as that 'movie trailer guy' or 'movie voice guy' or whatever you want to call him. From the first time I can remember watching movies, I remember hearing Don's voice. He's done so many voiceovers that it's almost pointless to count them, although the official number is upwards of 5,000 or more. Not only has he provided voiceovers, but he's written and produced films as well. This is one of the most tragic years for Hollywood with the loss of such iconic behind-the-scenes individuals like Stan Winston and now Don LaFontaine. Will anyone be able to ever replace him and his voice? 'The man, the myth, the voiceover legend…'"

This is incredibly sad news for the film industry and indeed the VO industry. Don LaFontaine will always be remembered for his incredible voice work on tons of memorable movie trailers. It saddens me that we will never be able to hear his voice again.

RIP Don LaFontaine (1940-2008)

"In a world where there is no Don LaFontaine... how will we ever survive?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!   Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:42 am

"In a world with no VA to introduce movies, thousands lose interest in the theater. One man with a passion for mecha mourns his death and loses any interest in Hollywood now. And in an omage of his work, the man posts his thoughts on a thread in Felarya, in memory of the great voice of Lafontaine...."

This Fall, read the epicness of....

"This Post."

Now showing on a forum near you.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!   Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 am

It is a shame, though I can't think of any movies he's done recently, other than parodies.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!   Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 pm

He was also the Mysterious Mysteries guy on Invader Zim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!   Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don LaFontaine, King of VOs, dies!
Page 1 of 1