Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The TWILIGHT Disease

Go down 
+16
Oldman40k2003
DarkPuppet-guy
Tuc135
dlausactor6373
Feadraug
melancholy-melody13
mikeimp
observer88
/Fish/
The Joker
NovusWolf
The Rev
Tankmasterxyz
Pendragon
Malahite
L'Ryn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Quote :
I mean, they're cool when put in the right light, but werehogs and vampires don't fit into mary-sue territory.

They ARE mary sue territory...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:31 pm

But when put in Mary Sue territory, it's like putting on two pairs of glasses.

You eventually go blind from what you see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Pendragon wrote:
No wonder people hate the werehog so much! (myself included)

It's exactly what Twilight tried to do, adding mythical creatures where they don't belong.

I mean, they're cool when put in the right light, but werehogs and vampires don't fit into mary-sue territory.

If anything, it makes them worse!

I happen to like the werehog, simply because its nice to see Sonic beat the holy shit out of something rather than just simply ram it to death.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Sonic has nothing to do with Twilight.

Keep on subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 pm

I have only this to say about twilight, its a bunch of shit and the author can die in a fire, preferably where I can watch, point and laugh.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey Edward...

why so serious?

Why are none of the other characters ever developed either... if you can call Eddie-weddy's and Bella-Swella's relationship 'character development'.
Back to top Go down
NovusWolf
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
NovusWolf

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 am

Daejien wrote:
I have only this to say about twilight, its a bunch of shit and the author can die in a fire, preferably where I can watch, point and laugh.

And wih me making strange faces in the background

The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Citytemp20002my5

EDIT - Yes, i know the picture sux.
Back to top Go down
http://deadplanet.forumotion.net
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 am

And then... a celebration! CHEESE for everyone!!! Wait; scratch that! Cheese for no one. That can be just as good a celebration if you don't like cheese.
Back to top Go down
DarkPuppet-guy
Naga food
DarkPuppet-guy

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm

I tried to read the first book. I couldn't get past chapter 2.

I cried myself to sleep that night. Partly from laughing, and partly becuase it was so BAD.

Then came the movie......... I wanted to kill someone. A lot of someones. That glittered.

Long story short; DON'T TORTURE YOURSELF WITH THIS BS.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm

DarkPuppet-guy wrote:
I tried to read the first book. I couldn't get past chapter 2.

I cried myself to sleep that night. Partly from laughing, and partly becuase it was so BAD.

Then came the movie......... I wanted to kill someone. A lot of someones. That glittered.

Long story short; DON'T TORTURE YOURSELF WITH THIS BS.

You do realize that you just bumped a thread that had been dead for two years, right?
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
You do realize that you just bumped a thread that had been dead for two years, right?

I thought we had a thread here in the forum where we decided that it was okay to necro-post, because it avoids having dozens of threads all on the same subject?
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:

I thought we had a thread here in the forum where we decided that it was okay to necro-post, because it avoids having dozens of threads all on the same subject?

As long as its a post to add something to the topic, generally its fine.

Now, if someone bumps a month-old thread to say "yeah" or "cool" or other such one-word responses...that is generally considered to be the bad kind of necro-posting.
Back to top Go down
Running Scared
Naga food
Running Scared

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:31 am

The way I see it. It is sad that this kind of book series got popular. But it shows how stupid most people can be. I couldn't stand that curse of a book. I was hurting from laughter over watching the movie. The characters should be fed to Crisis or Vivian. It is really more of a comedy to me with how bad it is. laugh alone

But really that woman didn't even read a book about actual vampires, much less do the right research. Not just doing a single demographic targeting of Tweens makes a successful book.

Heard she plans on butchering Mermaids for her next stories. I really think Meyers is going to kill anything she writes about.
Back to top Go down
http://scared-n-running.deviantart.com/
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Jew

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:08 am

Postan in a recently necroposted thread

Personally my favorite kind of board is where topics that don't get posts in them are quickly deleted, and while popular threads last longer, they still have a finite lifespan and die after they reach a certain number of replies. It saves space, and also gives you a constantly refreshing number and variety of threads. It also means that if there's a thread that technically breaks no rules but no-one likes, the thread quickly dies instead of staying around for all eternity.

Also, another thing I noticed about this board keeping old threads intact is you find a lot of stupid flame wars, especially in the locked topics. Shouldn't threads be deleted if they have to be locked? All they acomplish by staying there is make the posters or occasionaly mods look stupid, and they give the forum an unfriendly look. I can understand using bad posters and bad threads as examples, but since this forum seems to at least try to be more friendly than most it doesn't seem to fit.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Jew wrote:
Postan in a recently necroposted thread

Personally my favorite kind of board is where topics that don't get posts in them are quickly deleted, and while popular threads last longer, they still have a finite lifespan and die after they reach a certain number of replies. It saves space, and also gives you a constantly refreshing number and variety of threads. It also means that if there's a thread that technically breaks no rules but no-one likes, the thread quickly dies instead of staying around for all eternity.

Also, another thing I noticed about this board keeping old threads intact is you find a lot of stupid flame wars, especially in the locked topics. Shouldn't threads be deleted if they have to be locked? All they acomplish by staying there is make the posters or occasionaly mods look stupid, and they give the forum an unfriendly look. I can understand using bad posters and bad threads as examples, but since this forum seems to at least try to be more friendly than most it doesn't seem to fit.

I really agree with that. Also, I think we've had almost as many flame wars as we've had useful threads. People seem to get incredibly volatile on this forum, and it keeps newbies from posting.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 am

I like the fact that we keep everything around, including the flame threads. There are obvious benefits to keeping threads with ideas around; there is no need to cover a subject twice unless something has changed. I also think that flame-threads should be kept around. We shouldn't white-wash our history, lest we fall into some sort of "the past was a better time" trap, or some other error that comes from hiding unpleasant history. Maybe I am naive (okay, I probably am), but I would also hope that by keeping the flame threads around we can all see that none of us are perfect, and that starting flame threads does nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TWILIGHT Disease   The TWILIGHT Disease - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TWILIGHT Disease
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3