Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canon characters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:33 pm

I think sometime before it was mentioned that the canon characters (like Crisis, Anna, etc) might be involved in Roleplays at some point. Seems odd without them, since their supposed to be pretty big in Felarya (and it is their world).
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Actually, I don't think they are big players in Felarya. Most of them, anyways.

For the best analogy I can think of, it's like saying Fei is a major player in Cowboy Bebop. They're there, they have character developed... but we could have been given information on any other group of characters and odds are they'd have the same "Importance" in the grand scheme as anyone else.

Also - this is just personal opinion here - I am against bringing Canon into Roleplays and the like. Felarya's Canon Policy is all over the place as-is. Adding Roleplays to the mix just makes things even more scrambled.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:34 pm

vegeta002 wrote:
I think sometime before it was mentioned that the canon characters (like Crisis, Anna, etc) might be involved in Roleplays at some point. Seems odd without them, since their supposed to be pretty big in Felarya (and it is their world).

Well, canon chacters generally fall into the same set of RP rules as any other character. Most of us are fairly attached to our characters and generally wouldnt want anyone just using them in a random RP, other than us, or close friends we know could portray them well. If you want Crisis, Anna, or any other canon character in a RP...you'd have to see if their creator wanted to join.

To be honest, Felarya is such a huge place, the impact of the canon characters, in general, is minimal. I mean, what effect does Crisis (for example) have on Felarya? she lives in a territory extending from the giant tree, to the fringes of the Deluran area, and she eats, has adventures and hangs out with friends. All in all, she really doesnt do anything that impacts the world at large.
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Mmmmh, I dunno, if I were doing a roleplay (which I generally don't, due to me being terrible at that sort of thing) I'd be mighty hesitant to use any of the principal canon characters. But then, I'm excessively fearful of misrepresenting someone ease's creations, to the point where I even avoid using them in my writing.

On the other hand, since I don't roleplay, what do I know? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:24 pm

rcs619 wrote:
To be honest, Felarya is such a huge place, the impact of the canon characters, in general, is minimal.
That's the reason a "canon" character shows up only ONCE in my Felarya Saga, and another one probably won't be appearing anytime soon.

And, like Prinny said, I don't want to misrepresent someone else's character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canon characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon characters   Canon characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canon characters
Page 1 of 1