Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy dridders

Go down 
+8
Sillysausage
vegeta002
rcs619
gwadahunter2222
L'Ryn
FalconJudge
/Fish/
pirostyle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Happy dridder

Appearance - Normally looks like a spider from the waist down, but a teenage human from the waist up. They are normally twice the size of a human

Feeding habbits - happy dridders normally only eat plants, vegitation and forest animals, stealing human food from villages if they can. They dont eat humans because of their passive nature

Behavior - They are the most friendly of dridder, but often rejected, being mistaken for the vicious brand of dridder, and chased from villages, they are actually very friendly towards humans and other races. Happy dridders are very playful in nature, playing pranks and using their webbing as swings or traps to pick on humans, but never hurting anyone

Venom - The happy dridder carries a pink looking venom, that when injested or injected, makes the target feel happy and lightheaded, almost as if they were drunk.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Yeah, I get what you're doing here. Basing them off of the happy-face hawaiian spiders. At least that's what I am going to assume was your inspiration for this.
Happy dridders Hawaiian-happy-face-spider

Quote :
Appearance - Normally looks like a spider from the waist down, but a teenage human from the waist up. They are normally twice the size of a human

Why would they look like teenagers. It's simple enough to use the word 'tauric'. This means human-like upper half.

Quote :
Feeding habbits - happy dridders normally only eat plants, vegitation and forest animals, stealing human food from villages if they can. They dont eat humans because of their passive nature

There isn't a need to nerf dridder behavior. In fact, it makes no sense at all to exclude humans from their possible preys or give them a passive attitude as a race. Making a race like this seems like it was made for the specific purpose of being a foil to normal dridders. It seems like overcompensating.

Quote :
Behavior - They are the most friendly of dridder, but often rejected, being mistaken for the vicious brand of dridder, and chased from villages, they are actually very friendly towards humans and other races. Happy dridders are very playful in nature, playing pranks and using their webbing as swings or traps to pick on humans, but never hurting anyone

The concept of lovey-dovey species just sounds stupid. Why do people keep bringing them up. MAYBE something like seahorse-taurs or something. Manatees? Playful nature makes sense for the dolphin-like species of merfolk we have.

Quote :
Venom - The happy dridder carries a pink looking venom, that when injested or injected, makes the target feel happy and lightheaded, almost as if they were drunk.

That's just dandy. Is this care bear land?

I really think if someone were to make a happy-face spider-based dridder, it would do best as a character, and the happy-face would be aesthetic. Happy face spiders are not, as their markings may be construed, happy-go-lucky critters.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Well... Not a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Ok first off... this was a random idea... and that spider is scaring the SHIT out of me...

second, sorry, just running out of ideas

edit: just not good enough to be taken seriously

Last edited by pirostyle on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to respond to a previous post)
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Not that you're not 'good enough to be taken seriously' it's just that frankly your ideas don't fit with Felarya at all. Maybe you should read the wiki. And atleast when you read the wiki, you know what's been done.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 pm

pirostyle wrote:
Ok first off... this was a random idea... and that spider is scaring the SHIT out of me...

second, sorry, just running out of ideas

edit: just not good enough to be taken seriously

Nah, you just have to get a good feel of what traits something in Felarya would have, if it sticks out too much, etc. Make sure that it jives with the world's feel, you know? If you read the wiki, it gives you a much better sense at what things are contained in the world, what patterns you see with races and their niches and such. Research would do you well.
Back to top Go down
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:24 pm

i know a decent amount....

I know that dridders are either vicious... or there are one or two that keep to themselves unless bothered

thats why I KNEW there wasnt a nice dridder entry there, guess I went too far
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Did you read Crisis and Scarecrow?
Back to top Go down
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Of course I know crisis, she acts innocent but eats just about every human she sees, except... jeez cant remember her name... about 3 letters... think it started with l

dont know scarecrow
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:29 pm

pirostyle wrote:
i know a decent amount....

I know that dridders are either vicious... or there are one or two that keep to themselves unless bothered

thats why I KNEW there wasnt a nice dridder entry there, guess I went too far

We actually have a pseudo-dridder race kinda like that in the form of gerridis, which don't subscribe to the dridders' nastier traits. There are also naxyla dridders, which have a society based on the arts and don't care for hostility. Those just seem like enough to me to fill a 'less nasty dridder' niche if there ever was one.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm

/Fish/ wrote:

Quote :

That's just dandy. Is this care bear land?
I know now the original name of the "care bear" because in the french version they are named "bisounours" which can be translated by "kiss bear".

This venom can be useful for people who are searching the happiness by injection with a syringe. Laughing

/Fish/ wrote:

I really think if someone were to make a happy-face spider-based dridder, it would do best as a character, and the happy-face would be aesthetic. Happy face spiders are not, as their markings may be construed, happy-go-lucky critters.

I think with pirostyle's idea, it could give the dridder version of Joker Laughing

Why so serious ?
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:27 am

I heard the thing with Crisis and Scarecrow wasn't that great... or at least alot of people wanted it not to be cannon...
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:02 am

FalconJudge wrote:
I heard the thing with Crisis and Scarecrow wasn't that great... or at least alot of people wanted it not to be cannon...

The Crisis and Scarecrow novel was pretty bad. Characters weren't portrayed properly, the plot was stupid, all nagas were the good guys eventhough they acted like pricks to everyone, all dridders and humans were bad for wanting to kill the nagas (even forming an alliance to work together to kill them), the nagas made their own group the UN (United Nagas) to counter the human-dridder alliance. 3 children are eaten in the novel and its described in detail (we all know Crisis would probably eat a kid. Karbo confirmed it, but most of us have the good taste to not do it). Oh, and Anna builds a 1000ft tall war-mech with a laser cannon in its chest...in less than a week...and burns Negav to the ground because she was upset she missed the epic naga/dridder-human war and never got to test it in battle. (Anna slaughtering 1000s of humans. Now THATS in character >.> )

In short, it sucks, and thankfully it was never made canon. Save your money for something good...like the Felarya mangas, which actually DO portray characters properly and give an accurate representation of Felarya ^^

I believe our very own GREGOLE said it best "By the time I was done with that book, I couldn't have cared less if King Ghidora the three headed dragon descended from the sky and burned Felarya to ashes. It made me hate all the characters that much"

But, thankfully it isn't even on sale anymore, and nearly all traces of it on DA are gone. ^^
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 am

Wow. That's... wow. I'm glad I never read it.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:25 am

pirostyle wrote:
Of course I know crisis, she acts innocent but eats just about every human she sees, except... jeez cant remember her name... about 3 letters... think it started with l

The vile 'filth that should be fed to a Dridder' your thinking about is Léa.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 am

vegeta002 wrote:
pirostyle wrote:

The vile 'filth that should be fed to a Dridder' your thinking about is Léa.

... ... ...something wrong?
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:39 am

Just telling you her name. My personal opinion of her may have shown, though...
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Why all the Lea hate? If you're going by the old fan-fictions, I can understand your sentiment somewhat. A lot of people have had trouble getting her right and she came off as a cold, uncaring bitch.

The fact is, she is friends with several predators. The worst charge you could bring against her is not stopping her friends from eating people. Its not like she could if she wanted to. That is their way.

She doesnt double-cross people into becoming food for predators (Gunther), she doesnt lead humans to predators to become food, she doesnt preach about peoples' place in the food chain and act needlessly bitchy like Elle or a couple others.

In fact, if we're going by the mangas (which are arguably the ONLY real interpretation of Felarya), she seemed perfectly likable and nice. In fact...she convinced Crisis NOT to eat a group of new arrivals because she didn't think it was fair to eat them when they had no idea where they were or what was going on.

Lea isn't my favorite character in Felarya, that probably goes to Anna or Ryla...but she certainly is one of the better ones in terms of personality, backstory and depth.

My advice is to save your hate for characters that deserve it, like Elle... or the entire cast of Crisis and Scarecrow.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Which characters deserve it is a matter of opinion...
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Also true. But why do you hate her so much?
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:25 am

I just have a particular dislike of people I consider traitors, which includes her. Not for hanging around predators, more for her general attitude to Human life aside from her own. The fact that she values friends (maybe, with the opinion she mentioned in the second manga, I wouldn't be surprised if she put herself before Crisis) and isn't completly heartless towards people who shift to Felarya unexpectedly are the only good things about her.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:40 am

Yes, but considering the way she was treated by other humans who enslaved her, it's no wonder she has a less than warm attitude to her fellow man. But even then, she isn't particularly cruel or cold, as other people stated before me.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:42 am

I'm aware of her past, but that means she should hate the people responsible(who were already killed). Not turn that cold nature to all humans... and I didn't say she was cruel.

Anyway, your choice to ask the reason for my feelings toward her (which you idn't actually have to do...) is somewhat off-topic.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 am

My fault, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy dridders   Happy dridders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy dridders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next