Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cob web Dridders

Go down 
+2
Archmage_Bael
melancholy-melody13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:38 am

Mostly found in more urban areas they are a species of very tiny dridders often found in human and neko homes.

They come in a verity of shapes and colorations, just as smart as neeras or tinies expect they are a much more solitary race prefering not to gather in large groups and have no want to building a community.

More or less often they build webs in houses and dwellings eatting bugs and other pests nearby. Some will even snag neera's or tinies if they get the chance.

They are known to be friendly to the owners of the house they make their nest in and will often even introduce themselves. They don't worry about being eaten because it's known they have a sour taste to them that not many predators enjoy.

Insted of being intrested in warfare or things along those lines which are the sterotypes of other dridders, they spend their freetime making and building little trinkits, some manging to build very ingenious contraptions.

Unlike what is known with other dridders they have no qulams against nagas and are unpredijuice against other species.

((Will add more later this was just a random idea that came to mind so I typed down the mainpoints before I forgot XP I wish I had spellcheck on this computer ><))
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:03 am

wouldn't being tiny be an incentive NOT to be a loner?
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
wouldn't being tiny be an incentive NOT to be a loner?

Why?
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 am

Natural spiders are usually loners...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am

but in felarya? the large dridders aren't loners.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
but in felarya? the large dridders aren't loners.

Usually yes they are. Least all the ones I know of.

and if large dridders gathered the food supply of the area would go down too much so they WOULD be more spread out.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Tiny dridders are like mini ninjas, staying to the shadows, and the ninja rule states that ninjas are weaker in groups.

Therefore it's logical that tiny dridders in an urban setting wouldn't draw attention to themselves in groups.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 pm

i thought the dridders had an organized army.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
i thought the dridders had an organized army.

Maybe in the time of the naga-dridder war, which was over 9000 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

yeah i guess they'd be more spread out now then. still wouldnt some still be in small groups though? since they were once numerous and powerful?

speaking of which, if they were once organized how did they find enough food back then?
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
yeah i guess they'd be more spread out now then. still wouldnt some still be in small groups though? since they were once numerous and powerful?

speaking of which, if they were once organized how did they find enough food back then?

Eh unlikely also easily, during the warthey were most likely on the move alot thus they would depleat a local foodsupply too much

BUT thats offtopic.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Original, interesting and plausible. I like it.

Given their habitat, I wonder what kind of inventions these tiny dridders have come up with over time. Although I suppose being loners would inhibit their 'technological' development as a species.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:04 am

yeah, since dridders are hard workers at various tools and what-not, some of their items, or specially grown plants would be rare, which would add to a bit more flare in creating their habitats later on.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 pm

I like this idea ^^
Especially the fact that they present themselves to the owner of the house. It's an interesting trait and it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Cob web Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cob web Dridders   Cob web Dridders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cob web Dridders
Page 1 of 1