Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert Dridders

Go down 
+6
Stabs
dragonjaj
ravaging vixen
Slimetoad
Shady Knight
TheLightLost
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Ok, the not-so Camel Spider based Dridders; Desert Dridders 2.0:
These Dridders often stay hidden in the burrows they dig underground. They do eat Humans and the like, but their main source of food are camels, gorgons, and other fauna of the desert. Dridders are very patient in waiting for prey but are extremely aggressive when it comes time to attack. They will not shy away from feeding on other giant predators and possess a venomous bite that numbs the bitten area.

Desert Dridders are very creative and thoughtful. They turn everything they do into an expression of their artistic nature. Interestingly, because they are mostly solitary creatures, they aren't much for conversation. Most Desert Dridders have a quiet, soft spoken, demeanor. Some even seem to be annoyed by talkative creatures; perceiving them to be selfish, intrusive, and unintelligent. Then there are those that make very good listeners. They are attentive and understanding, but will stare blankly when asked to contribute to the conversation because they are not very good speakers. The most common problems Desert Dridders have when speaking is that they stumble over their words, sometimes stuttering, and go on tangents that leave the listener baffled before coming back around to their original point; but by then the listener is sorry they ever asked the Dridder to speak.

Last edited by gt500x on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:32 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:46 pm

That's another decent piece. They could be in Akaptor in zones where time is more stable. I think they could use a bit more fleshing out, but the concept is good.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:32 pm

I suggested this idea already in this thread and no one cared :V

And you are aware that these creatures are subject under a LOT of urban legends, right? They are indeed speedy and give mean bites, but they aren't the several-feet-leaping, camel-disemboweling, venomous screeching banshees American soldiers like to say they are.

And that pic is shopped at any rate
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:43 pm

I thought I did a pretty good check of all the other threads. I guess I didn't check good enough. Well, if you can link it, that might help us get the idea going again.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:49 pm

What I think would be interesting would be Dridders based on Solifugids, the "sun spiders" or "camel spiders", even thought they're not true spiders

We could make a spin on their massive amount of terrifying urban legends, so while these Dridders would be able to move in blinding speed and deal painful bites, they are nowhere near as formidable as the stories make them up to be, and instead this kind is a bunch of tricksters that openly encourage these tales and use illusions to look more threatening to tackle than they really are

On the "Some Dridder species ideas" topic
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:17 pm

I see, for the most part your idea is more suited for the Camel Spider Dridder image than mine. Perhaps they can co-exhist as sub-species of Desert Spiders. I can change the name of this species to... maybe the Spotted Desert Dridder. Then give them some wild looking spots.

Last edited by gt500x on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:09 pm

you guys do know those aren't real spiders. Infact they're closer to scorpions; But to tell yah, they have the instance to 'leap',run very fast on the ground,and can bite hard. but for the most part...they're just aggressive little buggers (and are pretty big when adult)

though by all means its not a bad thing to name them that.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 pm

the way you say they act and talk reminds me of hinnota from noruto. lol
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Hmmmm, maybe a few cute ones have that Hinata charm. There are varying degrees. At one end of the spectrum is the shy and insecure type, at the opposite end is the hardened solitary girl who doesn't know how to express herself. We're only talking about verbal communication though. Even the cute ones still have that killer instinct when it comes time to hunt.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:48 am

ravaging vixens wrote:
you guys do know those aren't real spiders. Infact they're closer to scorpions; But to tell yah, they have the instance to 'leap',run very fast on the ground,and can bite hard. but for the most part...they're just aggressive little buggers (and are pretty big when adult)

though by all means its not a bad thing to name them that.

Gerridis aren't even arachnids but people lump them with dridders regardless :p
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 am

Alright, then, we've got some aggressive dridders who find ways to be overhyped and get yer attention to give you a scare.

Why would I NOT like this? terminator
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:48 am

Ok, the Camel Spider based Dridders have been terminated. How can I improve on this idea... version 2.0?
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 pm

You could say that "what most people know is they're not actually a form of dridder, but scorpiotaur" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I like this idea. Could you develop the "They turn everything they do into an expression of their artistic nature" part a little? It's intriguing. They must be quite adaptive, given the paucity of raw materials at their disposal... And the notion that they create their art basically for themselves (given a lack of spectators) could also be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 pm

The only thing I could think for the desert that's an arachnid based is a whip scorpion-based Scorpisaïs, though you seem to be going for a spider-based arachnid.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Ok, add this to my impressive list of bad ideas.

</thread>
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:22 am

gt500x wrote:
Ok, add this to my impressive list of bad ideas.

</thread>

For every good idea that someone has, they also have hundreds of bad ones. Don't feel down just because you have a long list of them; everyone does (or would if they kept track of their ideas.)
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Desert Dridders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Dridders   Desert Dridders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert Dridders
Page 1 of 1