Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boom Bees suggestion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Boom Bees suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Boom Bees suggestion   Boom Bees suggestion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:03 am

Hey, I had a spurt of the moment idea while working with Hansel. I had one of his goons pilot an exovole to save them from a mermaid (I'll post it after I've checked it's really funny and not just appealing to me because I made it, I tend to do that), and then I thought it'd be funny if the exovole exploded after crashing. Yes, I love explosions. But then I'd have to justify it, to keep on the theme I picked for Hansel VS Felarya. "Perhaps because it hit a boom bee hive", I thought. And then I realized boom bees have a lot of potential. Here are two suggestions on how to make them worse:

1. If a boom bee hive is struck very hard, it'll explode with the force of a bundle of dynamite sticks. However, that's not the bad part: the bad part is that even if the attacker survives, he'll probably be showered with burning wax, or step on it while on the area. And when this burnt wax touches skin, it emits a special pheromone that aggravates boom bees... thus ensuring that any mutation that makes someone attack their hives gets out of the gene pool as soon as possible.

When you're "waxed", boom bees will go out of their way to kill you. Not just scare you, but actually kill you! They'll sneakily gather near you from miles away, surround you when you least expect it, aim for your eyes and neck, attack in waves in case you can kill them, alert predators to you, then distract you while you defend yourself! Needless to say, if you have burnt wax on your skin, the best thing you can do is wash yourself with soap, then alcohol, then an exfoliating agent, immediately throw your clothes away if they're dirty, rub on something that has a really strong smell... and do it quickly; you won't have time to do it otherwise. While waxed, their threat aises to Medium... or High, according to some people.

2. Chidokai nekos have found a use for boom bees. If you can catch a boom bee, and kill it without startling it, the contents of its stinger can be used for propellent, and it even has an organ that doubles as a primer; a single boom bee's stinger can be used to refill up to three low caliber brasses if harvested carefully, and half a dozen boom bees are enough explosive to improvise a grenade if you aren't fussy or looking for a big explosion. This is how chidokai nekos get some of the propellent for their bullets (they also trade for a lot of it). Catching a boom bee without it attacking you, however, is a very difficult task. Their best tactic so far involves finding them in the slime trail of a slug girl, where usually there are around a dozen or so, put them in a flask, and then poison them, slowly, with smoke; even if the predator happens to be close, they're usually slow enough to escape for an alert neko (or three, or six, watching in all directions, while two deal with the bees, and two stay hidden to help the others if everything else fails). It's worth noting that "all-natural bee propellent" leaves very little residue in the barrel and is very easy to clean off.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Boom Bees suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom Bees suggestion   Boom Bees suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:37 pm

hehe interesting idea here. There is definitely much to do with this critter Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

Boom Bees suggestion
Page 1 of 1