Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character RRR Program

Go down 
+17
PrinnyDood
Darkstorm Zero
kaitheguy1234
vegeta002
FalconJudge
Pendragon
Feadraug
Shady Knight
AisuKaiko
Anime-Junkie
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Saironthis
Jætte_Troll
spike833
Archmage_Bael
Stabs
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Character RRR Program Empty
PostSubject: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:01 am

Someone addressed the problem of the overpopulation of naked giant lesbian man-eating nagas in Felarya. Well, not someone so much as someones. So I have come up with a solution (other than genocide, because we're not here for the genocide, we're here for the lesbians and the vore, or the company and fun in my case. Vore would be a good solution, but that doesn't seem to solve anything lately, so yeah). Since many nagas seem to be very similar, I think an extensive file of the nagas that have been spawned so far and their characteristics could help us recycle existing nagas instead of creating more. And since this is too much work for a single man, let's keep it a fanwork.

So those would be the rules... any of you ever read the jobs section in the newspaper? Just post here what you need of a character, or what you offer in a character of yours. So if you've got a stereotypical naga of the sort that's cheaper by the dozen, or an evil dridder, would you be willing to save us the trouble of coming up with one? Or fairies, which are crawling out of the woodwork?

In short, RRR. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Each innocent giant lesbian man-eating naga consumes an average of 18 hours of brainpower to produce, every naughty and evil dridder requires an equivalent amount, and fairies aren't much better but come cheaper by the dozen. Save brainpower: unlike other fictional resources it can be used for the good of the REAL world, you can study with it and make yourself a better person, and it'll keep us from having to think up another combination of cup size, skin color, and attitude! (Come on, admit it, that's a large part of most nagas' variations.) Not to mention, getting to use other people's characters will help us know each other better and acquaint ourselves with people who aren't in the wiki. Which, by the way, is fine as it is. At least to me. The wiki doesn't need to hold all nor the best, it only needs the characters you'd better get a look at before making your own.

Oh: DO NOT CREATE NEW CHARACTERS TO POST HERE. That'd beat the point to death. Twice. With Angela's tail. It's also what I'll do to you if you do that. And I'll do it without permission from Byoki-desu, AKA E-Akahele to use his characters... then blame the pin on you.

Credits to Anime-Junkie AKA VoreVictim, whose plan to include all fanmade characters into the flash wiki could have accomplished the same effect.

Anyway, if this takes off, I need the following for my next piece of work:

-One fairy, any species. Must be confrontational, short-tempered, aggressive, preferably not too bright, and not picky about food. Applicants can be either gender. Man-eating not mandatory but recommended.

-Another fairy, any species. Must help keep the other one in leash and be willing to take a secondary role. Applicants can be either gender. Man-eating not mandatory but recommended.

-A fairy, any species. Must be a man-eater willing to steal humans from weaker predators... or weaker inedible creatures with little regards for any damage they cause to the physical integrity of the one they're stealing from. Applicants can be either gender. They can even be one of the previous two fairies.

-A giant naga. Must be a man-eater willing to try new experiences and run some minor risks. It's mandatory to enjoy meeting new, exotic people. Applicants can be either gender. Also her name shouldn't start with Cr and end with isis.

-Anyone or anything finding small tonorions edible, or preferably, yummy. Must prefer easy prey to yummy well-armed humans if given a choice. Very big appetite important. Pro-mooching attitude not required but a bonus. If it's possible, don't be also the giant naga applying for the previous position.

-All characters must reside in the Forest of Whispers at least temporarily.

Sorry I've got no characters to offer at the time, but I'm using all of mine and then some.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 am

Quote :
Or fairies, which are crawling out of the woodwork?

I should come up with a reason as to why fairies seem to multiply faster than rabbits.

Mara: I volunteer for the fairy positions!

Janev: *shrugs* sure maybe I can help too...
Back to top Go down
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Quote :
Or fairies, which are crawling out of the woodwork?
I should come up with a reason as to why fairies seem to multiply faster than rabbits.

An increase in male population, or rather, more emphasis on the male populace.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Oooooh.

This is a good idea, being that at the very least it encourages a more unified Felarya.

Well, I'd like to help out some...

So, you can have my fairy Khrixi! (Bio can be found on flash wiki or my DA, link on profile.)

She's an emotional bitch with powerful control over plants. Depending on her mood (Angry or condescending), she could take either role. She is essentially the short tempered, not too thoughtful moody teenager, except she can eat you.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:35 pm

If you think you can use Treifa, go ahead. Life altering effects such as death, pregnancy, relationships, etc. Should be discussed with me first. Her profile is on DA and here.

I would suggest some rules, however, or at the very least a consultation with said creators of characters you are going to use. Some people don't like their characters used without permission.

Also, if this idea is accepted, sticky please.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

As I have commented on their stories, I like how Ravana, French-Snack, and Timing2 have used each others locations and characters to create a more unified feel to the world. I think that this thread will allow for the same sort of unification, and so I have to say that I approve of it.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Asuroth
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:06 am

Well I'm afraid I don't have any characters who can fill those positions at the moment heh, but I really like this idea as well! Definitely will lend my characters if/when they are wanted or needed for some positions in stories that anyone needs. I'm sure I can find some use too down the road when I begin Neshay's story, especially since she is closer to the main part of Felarya currently location wise. Stuff like this helps develope everyone's characters and make it an even more unified world.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

Saironthis, of course I'll ask anyone before using their characters. I expect the same thing from everyone. Let's keep this civil, guys, posting here won't mean your characters will automatically be used nor that you're giving up your rights. It's more of a "hey, we exist and we're game" declaration.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Stabs wrote:
Credits to Anime-Junkie AKA VoreVictim, whose plan to include all fanmade characters into the flash wiki could have accomplished the same effect.
Thanks. That was a big part of the original idea,
I don't suppose people people still want any of their characters added?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Of course, I won't mind lending any of my characters, as long as you get my permission, in which case, all you have to do is ask and tell me what you had in mind!
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I'd allow the use of Ruby, but I don't want anyone using her for their sexual needs. She's like a daughter to me, and if you do add her, add a disclaimer that she isn't a lesbian, nor does she know very much about sex or where babies come from. >___>
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Well, guys, Chip's already met Mara and Thrixi. For my next act, he'll be interviewing some people all over the Forest of Whispers. His current mission objective is to interview predators and ask about things they'd like in exchange for humans returned safe and sound.

Anyone who wants their character to voice their opinion on a ransom post, on "using humans as currency", get something from Negav, meet a robot, feels this'd fit something they want to happen to their characters on their way through the Forest of Whispers, or just thinks it'd be cool to participate, please tell me.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 am

Just bumping this thread up to make sure it isn't forgotten. This concept needs use.
Maybe this thread should be stickied?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am

probably a good idea. xD I mean I forgot about it too lol.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:12 am

I don't get the point of this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I don't get the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is basically this: don't make all new supporting characters, reuse existing one; here is a list of ones you can choose from.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Well, why wouldn't you want to make your own supporting cast for your own story? Why would you bring a character from halfway across the map just to have that character from that race with that one personality? And for that matter, with your own characters, you have a lot more freedom to mess around with them.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 pm

From what I can see, it's a way to give the fanon a more solid appearance, with people letting others use their characters as long as they respect them and their personalities. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to stop making characters, but it's true sometimes we make the same kind of character and this way we avoid unncessary repetition as well, and make the fanon a bit more consistent.

Anyways, I can't offer any character yet, as none match the requirements on the first post... a pity, since I only have one fairy and doesn't match anything described. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah, I'm a little confused on this thread too.

I get the point is to keep the amount of new characters that are just carbon copies down to a minimum, but I am in no way comfortable with using other people's characters. It's nerve wracking, feeling I won't nail their personalities down. If this works for you guys, then by all means help yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:28 pm

For that matter, it would be best to just put characters here, give the gender, race, and the core concept of the character. Plus, that thread sounds pointless to me because if you felt like using someone else's character, why wouldn't you just PM the author and ask for permission?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:44 pm

The old "I'll mail this guy if I can use their character(s)" is still available. xD I prefer that method, though, since I don't use other people's characters, just mention them. But for people who aren't that creative and need some kind of "character library", this should be of some help. But then again, I can't offer anything to you guys. And looking at what I have, I highly doubt it'll happen in the near future.

The other issue is a big one: the "I don't wanna make this character act OOC". That's, unfortunatelly, hard to solve and requires you to know more of such character before using him/her, no matter if you use this "library" or not.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Well, why wouldn't you want to make your own supporting cast for your own story? Why would you bring a character from halfway across the map just to have that character from that race with that one personality? And for that matter, with your own characters, you have a lot more freedom to mess around with them.

Perhaps I stated the purpose of this thread too strongly. You can still create your own characters, and that is probably a good idea if you are going to mess around with them a lot (IE: give them character development), but for some of the "bit" characters that you might have a need of but aren't going to do much with, using another person's character might be worth it.

Sean Okotami wrote:
For that matter, it would be best to just put characters here, give the gender, race, and the core concept of the character. Plus, that thread sounds pointless to me because if you felt like using someone else's character, why wouldn't you just PM the author and ask for permission?
Sure, you can always ask if you can use someone else's character... if you know that character even exists. Consider this thread a catalogue of characters that you could use.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Perhaps I stated the purpose of this thread too strongly. You can still create your own characters, and that is probably a good idea if you are going to mess around with them a lot (IE: give them character development), but for some of the "bit" characters that you might have a need of but aren't going to do much with, using another person's character might be worth it.

I would like to believe that this database would be more for ideas of combinations and such for characters. There's a lot of fan based characters out there.

Quote :
Sure, you can always ask if you can use someone else's character... if you know that character even exists. Consider this thread a catalogue of characters that you could use.

exactly, when I first came to felarya (and even now) I wasn't sure how to find all the fan made characters that weren't canon. All I knew was the wiki, and I would create a character and someone's like "oh this has been made already" which I reply back with "it's not in the wiki". Like I would imagine someone taking the tail of one naga, mix it with the hair of another, and take some of the bodily features of another to create a varied character. You wouldn't use the same name of course, but there's massive lists of fantasy and baby names out there one can use for the creation of a character, you dont need to make an Angela clone.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

You still need the one that eats Tonorians? I have one, though he's not of an established race, and I don't think too much of him...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:54 am

I have a travelling Giant Naga, unfortunatly he doesn't meet the 'man-eater' requirement.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character RRR Program   Character RRR Program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character RRR Program
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next