Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Most) wiki characters size chart.

Go down 
+9
ambrose-euanthe
Goldclaw
Pendragon
Anime-Junkie
/Fish/
scifidork
timing2
AisuKaiko
Oldman40k2003
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Empty
PostSubject: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Inspired by a post on the Legacy forum (This post, in fact, about this flash application.), I took most of the characters that were in the wiki that had heights given for them, and made a chart. Do be aware that the files are rather large (6000x700 pixels for the full sized one, though only about 180 kilobytes in size.)

Half-sized image.

Full-sized image.

I have but one thing to say: no wonder the Jungle Bowl does not suffer from predation... Cypress is huge. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:46 pm

I KNEW that Vivian was a pair of sentient boobs with a naga just attached! I knew it!

But nice! I think this would be rather useful.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Heh, I already mentioned this to Karbo a while back. I have a scrap that has some of my own characters in lineart & silhouette form for reference. It is very useful to see just how big or small these characters are relative to one another.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Here is a giantess calculator. You first have to figure a few things for human-size, then put in their real height. Its very thorough.
Back to top Go down
http://scifidork.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 am

Here's something interesting. Angela, Byoki-Desu/E-Akahele's character is not canon, but this is what someone her size (232 feet) looks like next to someone Crisis' size (~70 feet)

size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Angela11

And there you have it, if you want to make a character that's really, really tall, take into account just how massive that makes them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Here's something interesting. Angela, Byoki-Desu/E-Akahele's character is not canon, but this is what someone her size (232 feet) looks like next to someone Crisis' size (~70 feet)

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/12/52/75/81/angela11.jpg

And there you have it, if you want to make a character that's really, really tall, take into account just how massive that makes them.
That's why I don't like super tall characters, it's just ridiculous. People just don't realise just how big they're making them.
(Image url'd to save space)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 am

D:

I thought they were all a hundred feet tall exactly.

This throws off all my calculations. And I think my story characters are gonna be bigger than i expected.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 am

wow... this size graph/chart will really help me now in determining sizes for my charcters. i can also honestly say that i never knew how "tall" the preds were in comparison to each other. Now i'm wondering if there can be a chart to show the length.

oldman40k2003 wrote:
I have but one thing to say: no wonder the Jungle Bowl does not suffer from predation... Cypress is huge.
i agree with you on that 40k. .______.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 am

Goldclaw wrote:
Now i'm wondering if there can be a chart to show the length.

There could be a chart, but most of the characters in the wiki don't have that information written down, so it would be a chart with very few characters on it.
Back to top Go down
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am

/Fish/ wrote:

size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Angela11

Hey,

I don't think this comparison is normalised properly. Looking at various pictures of Crisis, it seems like her usual posture is equivalent to a human on her knees. So even though her height is only (!) seventy feet, her height in human-equivalent units (to which her width, depth, head size and so on are proportional) is more like - what, 1.33x that (based on 1/4 of human height below the knees). So I estimate she's effectively about 100ft tall. Um. Just above the knee shown above, instead of just below it...

Or not...?

Note though that the prior comment about size is quite correct. Increasing someone's height by a factor two without changing their proportions increases their volume, and therefore mass, by a factor of eight (2x2x2), which quickly becomes significant. E.g. a seventy foot human would weigh, maybe 100 tonnes, instead of the 100kg a 7ft human could weigh.

Yours,

Ambrose
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 am

Quote :
I don't think this comparison is normalised properly. Looking at various pictures of Crisis, it seems like her usual posture is equivalent to a human on her knees. So even though her height is only (!) seventy feet, her height in human-equivalent units (to which her width, depth, head size and so on are proportional) is more like - what, 1.33x that (based on 1/4 of human height below the knees). So I estimate she's effectively about 100ft tall. Um. Just above the knee shown above, instead of just below it...

Or not...?

Seeing as both characters are nagas, the comparison should still be accurate.

Quote :
Note though that the prior comment about size is quite correct. Increasing someone's height by a factor two without changing their proportions increases their volume, and therefore mass, by a factor of eight (2x2x2), which quickly becomes significant. E.g. a seventy foot human would weigh, maybe 100 tonnes, instead of the 100kg a 7ft human could weigh.

Yours,

Um

What does weight have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am

Amazing chart ! very very useful indeed. Especially so to me who is very bad with english metrics ^^;

I now realize some huge size difference indeed. Somehow I never figured how absolutely huge 100 feet was o.o
I just agree that nagas are somehow bigger than what they look here, since the height reflect their standard pose on their coals, which is often much smaller than legs.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 am

Weight's interesting from the point of view of, to choose an example at random, if someone went naga-hunting in felarya using a few tanks, could Crisis or some other naga pick one up, flip one over, or what?

Naturally, anything in Felarya can be hand-waved - it's a magical world, after all - but its kind of nice, at least for me, to know roughly what limits are set by the purely physical.

Yours,

Ambrose.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Karbo wrote:
Amazing chart ! very very useful indeed. Especially so to me who is very bad with english metrics ^^;

I now realize some huge size difference indeed. Somehow I never figured how absolutely huge 100 feet was o.o
I just agree that nagas are somehow bigger than what they look here, since the height reflect their standard pose on their coals, which is often much smaller than legs.
And it's not just nagas - slug girls would also be affected. Smile I don't think people are thinking about the size visually when they come up with these extreme cases. It's hard to see how some of these characters even interact with humans.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:21 pm

ambrose-euanthe wrote:

Hey,

Or not...?

Yours,

Ambrose

Actually, I didn't think about the fact that nagas might "standing on their knees" as it were, but the application I used doesn't allow me to have them "standing on their knees" anyway, so I guess it's a moot point. Smile If some nagas are "standing on their knees", then yeah, they could have features that would fit a taller creature.

Karbo wrote:

I still don't know why you decided to go with the Imperial system (feet, etc.) instead of the metric system. Makes me think you're a mathematician who loves doing mental conversions (Okay, so 45 feet is 12*45 = 540 inches, which is 7.4 fathoms... ...now with 128 (fluid) ounces to the gallon, and 6 teaspoons per (fluid) ounce, how many teaspoon of vanilla flavoring for a found cake that is 50 feet tall and has a radius of 10 yards...) Razz

ambrose-euanthe wrote:
Weight's interesting from the point of view of, to choose an example at random, if someone went naga-hunting in felarya using a few tanks, could Crisis or some other naga pick one up, flip one over, or what?

The application does have a rough weight estimate, though for naga characters it would just be the estimate of their humans half. At Crisis's height, her human-half weight would be about 150 metric tons. The M1 Abrams tank is about 61 metric tons, so while Crisis couldn't throw it around, and would have a hard time picking it up (it would be about as difficult as you trying to pick up a 100 lb object), she could probably flip them fairly easily... and with the large amount of traction she gets from her tail, she ought to be able to push it around quite easily, regardless of what direction it is trying to go. (But getting shot with a tank shell would be like us getting shot at with a pistol or rifle... very dangerous!)

timing2 wrote:
And it's not just nagas - slug girls would also be affected. Smile I don't think people are thinking about the size visually when they come up with these extreme cases. It's hard to see how some of these characters even interact with humans.

I feel particularly sorry for Milly, as she not only interacts with humans, but tinies as well. On the flip side, human eyesight is pretty damn good. If we scaled Crisis down to our height, a tiny would be (on average) 6 millimeters tall. That's pretty damn small (lol, a rhyme!), but is still something you can see several feet away. If they were sitting in the palm of your hand you could probably even see the details of their face.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 am

Alright, some thread necromancy here, but I don't wanna make a new thread for something we kinda already have. I was bored, so I took a lot of my pixel arts and threw them into a crude size comparison lineup

Right here inside this link

I included a few noncanon characters, obviously. These are just what I had on my computer, so yeah, quite a few missing. Sooo yeah, maybe it'd be a lot easier to notice size-differences between characters when you can see their true bottom half? XD

Last edited by AisuKaiko on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 am

this once again supports my suggestion that people avoid making nagas taller than 90 ft.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:45 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
this once again supports my suggestion that people avoid making nagas taller than 90 ft.
100ft should be the max. Like, if you need a really TALL character.

Things taller than 110ft should be titans or dryads, etc.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 am

there's a difference between tall and long. mermaids are long, the tail of a naga is long, but it doesn't mean that's how tall they are.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
there's a difference between tall and long. mermaids are long, the tail of a naga is long, but it doesn't mean that's how tall they are.
True, but nagas seem to normally hold themselves upright at a consistent angle and we need something sort of base to compare them to other races.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Indeed, a naga would just stand upright from a general point on their tail, to hold themselves up like that with their tail they must have insane muscles, or some kind of "hard" point. That's for another conversation though.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I improved on my sheet. Added Vivian, too. I doubt I'll ever be able to create a full sheet using the characters, but I figure I can add to it whenever I can.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm

I see no reason not to make a Naga as big as Angela, though obviously there are some limitations. For instance, for something of her size Humans have long-since passed the point of being twinkies: They're like some M&M's at best. Note also that the person in Jade's hand is a bit off, scaled to be approximately seven feet in height as she is now (which I assume said person is not).

Well, I'm sorry. I take back the M&M bit. The person's more aptly describable as actually swallowable whole without one hell of an ability to stretch your mouth. You really cannot expect something that big to subsist off humanoids, however, and are probably looking at such a being surviving off some of the larger native fauna & flora. Stealth is probably long-since out of the picture for a Predator that size as well, so either magic or tool use would be necessary on average to sustain the life. That, or having other people / Giant Predators pay tribute, at least.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:38 pm

I talked to Richard (Byoki) and he told me that he made Angela just to see how people would react to a character who eat Nagas since they are so popular. He was actually shocked that she was so liked since he essentially threw a few jabs at the past Naga craze.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:51 pm

I never had any issue with naga-eaters (My own Ruby eats nagas herself >___> ). I'm surprised there aren't more. Those tails are probably really muscular; they might as well wear a sign saying "Eat me! I'm filling and high in protein!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Most) wiki characters size chart.   size - (Most) wiki characters size chart. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Most) wiki characters size chart.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next