Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Must not abuse power... must not abuse power... must not abuse power... must not abuse power...

I was just tempted to edit a little love for me into your post to show you just how moderator I am. Laughing Then again, that probably would be immature and more sad than funny.

That said, try with... let's see. Yuki_Akuma wrote about Kortiki in Joshua's tale, I wrote about Kortiki in The Joy of Hunting, Sean Okotami wrote about Kortiki in his stories, and I think EroGG did, too, but that's a little old and he wouldn't acknowledge it anymore. Wait, Saironthis also wrote about Kortiki.

That said, I can't even begin to imagine it. I figure there'd be plenty of elves and nekos there, but I'm not counting the tinies, for obvious reasons... I can't count that high. That said, if you want to use something from me... no, must resist temptation. Can't plug ideas. Not ethical to do so here.

Well, Karbo's French. Here's my best bet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town#France

Wikipedia wrote:
From an administrative standpoint, the smallest level of local authorities are all called "communes". However, some laws do treat these authorities differently based on the population and specific rules apply to the three main cities Paris, Lyon and Marseille. For historical reasons, six communes in the Meuse département still exist as independent entities despite having no inhabitant at all.

For statistical purposes, the national statistical institute (INSEE) operates a distinction between urban areas with fewer than 2,000 inhabitants and bigger communes, the latter being called "villes". Smaller settlements are usually called "villages". In any case, the French language does not commonly make a difference between towns and cities.

Under 2000 people seems like a fair bet for me. It's a town, it's supposed to be not too big. A town, after all, is anywhere you can meet everyone- I guess that would be just how the fairies like it. Fairytale town.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Sehoolighan wrote:
Grave wrote:
And you call yourself a moderator?

No, he calls himself Stabs, de guy who hits on giantesses.

Now de Dway asks: We know that Negav is home to many peoples as well as many cultures and religions, but how many types of entertainment do they have; do they have movie theaters, arcades, theme parks, heck rugby fields?

As far as I recall, we've been told over and over again Negav's not very advanced. So, want empty space? There's plenty of space for kids to run in just out of the gates, behind the line where de protection expires- try not to bat a home run out into the wild, though, or kick the ball out into the jungle. Anything more advanced, like arcades or movie theaters will probably be in secluded, private places, like Vishmital districts. Even then, I'd say it's more likely to be like "Let's go to Firnadi's house! He has a home theater and just got a few DVDs", rather than paying admission to a movie theater.

Theme parks I just don't see happening. Unless de Dway is a Vishmital, he'll have to make do with hookers. On the bright side, they're all guaranteed to be disease-free, and probably beautiful, if Felarya as a whole is any indication. Let's go for whores, Dway-bro, it's on me.

There's also chess, dice, backgammon, and other games I suppose people will play at gambling dens... er... taverns. I meant taverns. While there's hookers watching. WHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORES and reading, of course, but who does that anymore? Given Negav's gotta stay dangerous, I think any place which relies on having its important bits not nailed down, like a public library, will probably get broke before it opens. You'd need to go to your local church or something to read.

Huh, maybe this'll need its own thread after all...
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Fun fact: Negav actually does have movie theators. The translation effect works on recorded words too, apparently, so films can be imported and shown just fine. Theaters act as a relatively cheap form of mass entertainment, similar to how they were when they first started to come out in the US.

There would probably also be a wide variety of games brought in by various worlds and cultures.

...and in the low district, there will of course be gambling, be it dice, cards, or other games of chance.

Quote :
I'd say it's more likely to be like "Let's go to Firnadi's house! He has a home theater and just got a few DVDs", rather than paying admission to a movie theater.

Wrong. DVD's are extremely complex, and in a society where the market is small, personal video playback equipment would be expensive as all hell.

Been established for a while that movie theaters exist in Negav. The quality of the theater will probably depend in the district, but you'd have them in all districts besides the Pit and the Commons.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Stabs wrote:
I figure there'd be plenty of elves and nekos there, but I'm not counting the tinies, for obvious reasons... I can't count that high.

I hope you know you are being glared at by many many tiny pairs of eyes in disapproval of your sense of humor.

Personally, I would be wary of any holes around your home. Those neera assassins are ruthless.

But really, tinies deserve equal rights! And not the right to be a neko's supper!
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Wait, de Dway has just got lightbulb ding, what of traveling entertainers. Imagine, if you will, a circus coming through Negav's dimensional gate to perform to de many people of Negav. But there are a few problems, one of which is de contents of de freakshow and some of de animals: despite being a traveling troupe that traverses different dimensions, the only "animals and freaks" they have are domesticated, yet still man-eating predators. Because of this dilemma, the big boss of de show decides to set up camp just outside de Isolon Eye's range. So de Dway's questions are these: Where would such a circus be located where safety is at it's best and would anyone of de city be interested in it all?
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Solomon

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:49 pm

say what does it take for a Human to become friends with Menyssan? oh why do Menyssan and the other two Succubus who work with her call eachother sisters or more to the point why are they known as sisters?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:21 am

In the wiki, it says that all Succubi call each other sisters, regardless of relation. It's just custom.

And how do you become friends with Menyssan? Be tasty I guess. Razz She mostly interacts with humans as food, and on a large scale as part of her work.

Still, I'd say your best bet is beat her at chess.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:49 am

Solomon wrote:
say what does it take for a Human to become friends with Menyssan? oh why do Menyssan and the other two Succubus who work with her call eachother sisters or more to the point why are they known as sisters?

Wow you picked one of the hardest pred to befriend here XD Menyssan could be considered the most voracious of them all, at least in relation to size. One way to not be eaten though, would be to manage to beat her in one of her favorite games. But that would require a lot of skill because she is a clever being, with a great tactical sense, and there is no real way to be sure she would listen to a challenge anyway ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Grave
Grave

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:09 am

I would think Menyssan would be the wrong succubus target to try and befriend anyway. While she is a very clever and smart succubus, she is probably the most likely to eat you on sight. Besides she doesn't hold any political power in Hell. Even if you did befriend her that might only upgrade you from her food to her *cough* "toy".

I would aim for Arale, who is much less voracious, and actually has some political status and ambitions.

Plus you would get free Popsicles! Grape flavored! Razz
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:31 am

Sehoolighan wrote:
Wait, de Dway has just got lightbulb ding, what of traveling entertainers. Imagine, if you will, a circus coming through Negav's dimensional gate to perform to de many people of Negav. But there are a few problems, one of which is de contents of de freakshow and some of de animals: despite being a traveling troupe that traverses different dimensions, the only "animals and freaks" they have are domesticated, yet still man-eating predators. Because of this dilemma, the big boss of de show decides to set up camp just outside de Isolon Eye's range. So de Dway's questions are these: Where would such a circus be located where safety is at it's best and would anyone of de city be interested in it all?

Setting up outside the Eye would be a bad idea. The Eye isn't going to work on lions and bears, they'd be fine. As for the freakshow, meh, not every circus even needs one. Putting on a good show would probably be more than enough to keep the Negavians entertained.

Quote :

She's a demon woman in hell who eats the souls of the damned for a living. You're not going to be befriending her.

Yeah, beating her at chess may be a possibility...but she'd have to accept the challenge to begin with, and then you'd actually have to beat her, which is nearly impossible for the average person.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:57 pm

I wonder if Crisis and Menyssan are friends does that mean Lea is a friend of Menyssan or would Menyssan just see Lea as food Question
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Solomon wrote:
I wonder if Crisis and Menyssan are friends does that mean Lea is a friend of Menyssan or would Menyssan just see Lea as food Question

I'm probably going to file this under the "Friend of a friend" clause, Menyssan is unlikely to eat Lea on the grounds that she is Crisis' friend and there's no need to risk damaging a good friendship over one tiny snack. Are they friends? Maybe, maybe not... But Lea is definately quite safe from passing through the second gate of hell anytime soon
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:46 am

Well I have a question. How would an auto-immune disease affect someone on Felarya?

From how I understand it the reason that people don't get sick on Felarya is because the soil boosts the immune system, but in an auto-immune disease the attacking force is the immune system. Then there is the healing factor to add into this. On Earth when an auto immune disease affects someone it is because the body can not heal fast enough. So for an auto immune disease to be canceled out on Felarya the healing factor would have to be greater than the immune system boost.

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:56 am

It's handwaved that the soil gets rid of that disease somehow.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:19 am

buddha66667 wrote:
Well I have a question. How would an auto-immune disease affect someone on Felarya?

From how I understand it the reason that people don't get sick on Felarya is because the soil boosts the immune system, but in an auto-immune disease the attacking force is the immune system. Then there is the healing factor to add into this. On Earth when an auto immune disease affects someone it is because the body can not heal fast enough. So for an auto immune disease to be canceled out on Felarya the healing factor would have to be greater than the immune system boost.

There was an indepth discussion on this in the other thread regarding immortality and the effects of the soil.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

question: do any storms reach negav or do Mages control the weather. what i mean is can a Powerful Thunderstorm reach the city or do weather mages desperse the storm before it hits the city.
Question 2: If Thunderstorms do reach Negav, Wouldnt certian structers in the City Need Protection from Lightening Damge?
Last Question How tall is the Tallest structer in Negav and How tall is it? ( in Meters please)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:13 pm

There wouldn't be that many thunderstorms passing near Negav. It is surrounded by forest and due to the magic effects of the soil and air, it would not experience any thunderstorms powerful enough to be a threat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:35 pm

luke112 wrote:
question: do any storms reach negav or do Mages control the weather. what i mean is can a Powerful Thunderstorm reach the city or do weather mages desperse the storm before it hits the city.
Question 2: If Thunderstorms do reach Negav, Wouldnt certian structers in the City Need Protection from Lightening Damge?
Last Question How tall is the Tallest structer in Negav and How tall is it? ( in Meters please)

It's a city, there are standards in place for preventing lighting from striking, namely stuff called lightning rods, they get put on buildings, it runs to ground, lightning strikes it, travels into the ground, nothing gets harmed. They are set up easilly, if anyone were to take one down, they could have another up in no time, you try and take one down during a lightning storm, there's the high chance you are going to wind up having it get struck while you're grabbing it and become flambe. Simple as that. Why have a complicated system of highly trained mages in place for a problem solved with a few metal sticks.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
luke112 wrote:

It's a city, there are standards in place for preventing lighting from striking, namely stuff called lightning rods, they get put on buildings, it runs to ground, lightning strikes it, travels into the ground, nothing gets harmed. They are set up easilly, if anyone were to take one down, they could have another up in no time, you try and take one down during a lightning storm, there's the high chance you are going to wind up having it get struck while you're grabbing it and become flambe. Simple as that. Why have a complicated system of highly trained mages in place for a problem solved with a few metal sticks.

just was wondering if they would use magic or science, trying to see which is the more used methode in the city bro, no need to live up to your signature bro. Neutral
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
There wouldn't be that many thunderstorms passing near Negav. It is surrounded by forest and due to the magic effects of the soil and air, it would not experience any thunderstorms powerful enough to be a threat.
wait then how does the central Jungle not dry out if the rain produceing storms are generaly in a fixed Location confused

question: Are there annual floods of the Jewel River like all other river systems here on Earth? If so How much of an area is Flooded?

Last edited by luke112 on Mon May 23, 2011 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Just to ask...is there a specific type of mermaid that could morph their tail into legs like the ones in certain mythology...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Currently, there are no known species of mermaid that can do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:55 am

aethernavale wrote:
buddha66667 wrote:

There was an indepth discussion on this in the other thread regarding immortality and the effects of the soil.

Perhaps I read the wrong thread because I assumed that you meant "The thing with the Immortality issue." thread and I couldn't find anything relating to how the soil worked in regards to diseases where the body attacks itself. If I read the wrong thread could you give me the name of the correct one, or better yet just link me to it?
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:34 am

alright I was just because I have a mermaid girl name Maria and I was thinking of giving her that ability...granted she never knew about it....and she never learned to walk before so she would struggl and being on land too long will cause her to get ill...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:44 am

kikijonson wrote:
alright I was just because I have a mermaid girl name Maria and I was thinking of giving her that ability...granted she never knew about it....and she never learned to walk before so she would struggl and being on land too long will cause her to get ill...

Seems like a bit of an overpowered ability to give a mermaid. They're water creatures, they can slide up on land, but cannot move far or fast.

They shouldn't be able to just sprout legs and move around freely on terrain that they aren't built for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Q and A Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next