Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

General Q and A - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 pm

On avarage, how many humans would it take for an typical 100 foot gaint to consume before they are full?

Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Heh. Good question.

Assume that a full meal is 100 gr for you. I assume a lot, don't I? Let's also assume you're 5 feet tall. Because this is an animu-inspired setting and shorter is teh kawaii.

You'll mass 8000 times your weight at 100 feet tall. Therefore, 100 x 8000 gr = 800.000 gr. It's 800 kg. A 5 foot tall person will mass 45 kg. Approximately. So let's go with 18 people.

All Metric:

All Imperial:

If you can eat beyond 100 gr, then multiply that number by the number of hundreds of grams you consider filling for the predator. x2, x2,5, x5, whatever.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:16 am

Wow, that's surprisingly few, I was worried that sentence would end with a number like 1000.
Anyway, I think a typical meal is more than 100 grams, considering the existence of things like the Quarter Pounder which is over 100 grams just in the meat part. I'd say 300 grams is more of a meal, possibly more depending on who it is and what meal.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
TheAssassinGuy
Helpless prey
TheAssassinGuy

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 am

I have a request.

Please tell me all you know about the meaning of the shadows in felarya and how does shadow magic work? Also it would be great if anyone would know about some cults, rituals or myths about it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:01 am

That's a pretty general question there. Thus far, there really isn't a concensus, as far as I know, of what 'shadow magic' entails, or really anything in particular pertaining to shadows. We do, however, have Darkness Elementals and Dusk Nymhps, which might give you a few ideas.

I've also had a few personal ideas about shadows and darkness in Felarya myself. I invented a spell, and a magical artifact based on it, that give the user control of a pair of large hands made of darkness which mimic the movements of their own hands, and I have played with the idea of a sort of 'darkness world' which the aforementioned creatures can perceive when they merge their physical bodies with shadows, which would appear as a two-dimensional plane of white, with the exception of themselves and any other darkness creatures residing in shadows nearby. People and objects in the 'real world' would be represented by their shadows on the 'ground' of this plane, and their shadows would act as both doors and windows to the real world. However, the white of this 'flat' world is just as harmful to darkness creatures as light in the real world, so they can only travel between the shadows of other creatures when in this plane. At least, until night rolls around and the darkness world's plane becomes all shadow, which is when it becomes fully 3-D and shadow creatures can utilize it to the full extent, travelling between the two planes at will. It's kind of an idea in progress, but I hope I've explained it well enough. ^^; But again, that's not canon so I really don't know what to tell you.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:33 am

So there I was, reading another Felarya fanfic when I find another thing some writers put in that really ticks me off, when a human character easily outruns a 100 foot predator simply by running in a straight line.

Now anyone with any sense of scale would realise how utterly ridiculous this is, a gaint predator can cover much more ground quicker than a human can. You simply can not outrun a pred, you would have a better chance distracting it and running for cover and hope it loses track of you.

But just for the heck of it, I wondered how fast exactly a human would have to run if he was to have any chance outrun a hundred foot predator in a sprint? I think we can safely say it would have to be much more faster than the avarage legal speed limit on a highway (75-80mph) but how much faster?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 am

It's hard to say, but it definitely would be at superhuman speed.  Besides, running speed alone isn't the only thing humans have to worry about.  More often than not, they have to contend with difficult terrain, such as heavy undergrowth in the jungle, dense rubble in the mountains, and bogs in the swamps, and that's only tame difficult terrain by Felaryan standards.  So even if you could reach enough speed on your feet to outrun a predator, unless you got superhuman reflexes as well, you're not gonna be able to run in a straight line for very long. The only places where you could realistically sprint in a straight line off the top of my head is the Great Rocky Fields, Moyuk Hills, and maybe the Ivokan Savanna. Even then, those places are where you're most likely to run into Centaurs, and as we all know, you ain't gonna outrun a Centaur, not unless you're a speedster superhero like The Flash.  If you get spotted by any intelligent giant predator, and for whatever reason it didn't just sneak up on you so you can't run away, is like you said, have something that distract her or blinds her, find a place to hide, and hope to whatever god the character worships that she doesn't find you and just gives up and leave.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40