Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

General Q and A - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Tell ya the truth, Para, I was kind of approximating it to an horizontal line. But eh, guess mebbe not. Cauldron's estimate was that the Giant Tree was like 60 km tall, so even at 296 km away, arcsin of 0.2... is 11º. Assumin' it's aboot that wide, it'd also fill up an 11º swath of horizon at 296 km away. I'll see about doing the numbers soon as I can.

As for ya, Jedi... well, I never heard that tonorions were hunted for their hide, but I figger ya'd hafta go after the Abyssal flavor for blade goodness. Regular store-bought tonorions aren't disturbers of the magic, they just resist it.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Now that is a big tree...
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am

How do the Negav gate detection systems work exactly? depending on the story you are reading it can vary from being very effective in picking out trouble makers to being absolutely pointless as it lets almost anyone in.

I assume it does a visual scan for starters, and proberly a magic detection scan to look out for overpowered mo-fos (you don't want of them in your city doing whatever they like) things like shape-shifting spells would be picked up at this point also. (Assuming Negav knows about Shape-shifters, it's really hard to work out what Negav knows and doesn't know when the rules of magic varies according to the author)

I think those are the only detection systems that would be consistant, as a detection system that "just knows" sounds a bit of a cop out (and woulden't account for the times the gate apprantly was looking the otherway as a dodgy person strolled right in)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 am

Stabs wrote:

As for ya, Jedi... well, I never heard that tonorions were hunted for their hide, but I figger ya'd hafta go after the Abyssal flavor for blade goodness. Regular store-bought tonorions aren't disturbers of the magic, they just resist it.

Oh! Well I thought it said in the wiki that people used Tonorian Exoskeletons to make magic proof armor. *Looks up* Huh not in the regular 'ol Tonorians. Nor in Abyssal! =O This is so like the Fucking Shark disappearing after being seen in the manga! >.<; I begin to think I'm going paranoid. Anywho enough of my rant on to thanking you for , A helping me realize I have chapter of Clare's Quest to edit, and B for confirming that a weapon made from abyssal tonorian's mandible would make a weapon. Now on the conundrum of if it should be for: Humans or Giants? I can see a giant dridder or something of equivalent size to abyssal tonorian easily being able to build it, but when I came up with this idea I was hopping it'd be able to be used for a human sized individual. study Me thinks some wheedling is needed. *Gets a carving knife*
Back to top Go down
Thirteen
Helpless prey
Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm

How does enchantment work when creating things like golems or giving equipment magical properties. Do you simply spray them with a magical potion, attach artifacts to them, carve arcane symbols on their surfaces or some combination of the above?
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Realistically it's up to the author. I use runes and "spell bonding" like just waving your hands over it and instructing the spell on what to do. Personally I hadn't thought of potions that sounds more like Alchemy but then again if I'm not wrong Felarya doesn't have any rules on Enchanting listed officially.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 pm

I remember there were some kind of bikes that were used as an idea, and canonized I think. I'm pretty sure Anime-Junkie came up with them, but I'm not sure if they are canonized, or what their name is, or where they are on the wiki if so. I'd like some information about that...
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

I believe you are looking for this

Jetbikes
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a complicated question. What if somebody was possessed by a predator liek demon or succubus and tried to enter Negav? Would they be repelled because they were fused with the spirit of a predator or would they just regain control of their body? PS this affects Tamlin's upcoming Episode in Clare's Quest Season 3.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Aww, they took away the Fucking Shark? That was one of the best animals...

Anyway, my hypothesis is the former, that you'd get rejected until you're un-possessed. For one thing, using the gate as an anti-spirit shower seems a little too easy, and for another, if I were a demon possessing someone and I couldn't get his or her body through a door I wouldn't just let let go if I could help it.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Aww, they took away the Fucking Shark? That was one of the best animals...

Anyway, my hypothesis is the former, that you'd get rejected until you're un-possessed. For one thing, using the gate as an anti-spirit shower seems a little too easy, and for another, if I were a demon possessing someone and I couldn't get his or her body through a door I wouldn't just let let go if I could help it.

I know right? That was a awesome creature! T__T We must start a protest or something and make whoever took it out, put it back in!

Okay so if Tam were possessed by a silver succubus she'd not be able to enter Negav till she got the evil spirit loose from her body. Makes sense. Thanks for the help Para!
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 am

Well don't take my word as gospel ^^;
But I'm glad my opinion was of use to you!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Do the Heaven/Hell realms exist within Lydus?

As I knew it, Heaven and Hell as realms aren't really the Heaven and Hell in our religion here in real life, and so it'd be a little different. I see it as a giant world made up of a bunch of different worlds within itself, and Lydus, which is how the souls go from one to the other (they cross through that space). This question is important because its going to influence my next idea...
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:14 pm

I would think so, the wiki does say every matieral and spirital world exists as islands in it, so I think heaven and hell would count as well.

Got a question about Jetbikes, how high can they go? Can they actually fly or are they more like the starwars speeders that can only do several feet off the ground? I found the wiki a tad vague of that detail
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:45 am

I imagine, being hover bikes they constantly levitate a few feet above the ground based on weight. I have an idea regarding bikes, that if you're asking this question, maybe I'll message you about it.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:25 pm

The wiki wrote:
The basic design consists of anything from 2 to 4 individual jet engines, arranged in a variety of ways.

No, they're not hover bikes. They're jet-engine bikes. Jets can fly high; they need to, in order to avoid most predators and make harpies something to out-maneuver.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Well hover-jet bike things. I don't think they'd ONLY use jet-fuel and such. Though I guess you could or couldn't depending on how you went about making the vehicle.

Staying above ground though is a given. I still can't see these bikes flying through the canopies though.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Well hover-jet bike things. I don't think they'd ONLY use jet-fuel and such. Though I guess you could or couldn't depending on how you went about making the vehicle.

Staying above ground though is a given. I still can't see these bikes flying through the canopies though.

Actually a Jetbike can only be made one way from what I last read. Magically. They're magitech vehicles.... Ah changed or maybe I misread As for how high they can go, we only have one picture of a Jetbike and it wasn't too far above the the Akaptor Dessert...but I think this quote ends the debate
Quote :
Trust vectoring jetbikes are built solely for speed, designed to be able to outrun a harpy

If it can out run a Harpy, one would think it'd have to be able to ascend to the height of which a Harpy normally flies, no?
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

Actually a Jetbike can only be made one way from what I last read. Magically. They're magitech vehicles.... Ah changed or maybe I misread As for how high they can go, we only have one picture of a Jetbike and it wasn't too far above the the Akaptor Dessert...but I think this quote ends the debate
Quote :
Trust vectoring jetbikes are built solely for speed, designed to be able to outrun a harpy

If it can out run a Harpy, one would think it'd have to be able to ascend to the height of which a Harpy normally flies, no?

Subject to change based on where it comes from, however those things can hit high knots from when the last time I was collaborating with AJ on this was. And no, it's not just made magically. For the most part you make it from metal scrap, but how it functions is from" magicka" materia is were it's most pratical and important. I'm going to flesh this out bit more with variants so you can get a broader view of the felaryan jet bike.

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Again depends on variants on how the user makes them...with rational fiction of course behind it. It is going to be more maneuverable then your today's biplanes or small craft. Infact best way to describe is like the banshee off of halo as far as agility and maneuverability goes , but with a smaller profile and higher speed of course (human or eleven models).
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Giant Harpies apparently can (can see through 'em in some stories, no less), so I have no idea why something a fraction of the size wouldn't be able to. An opening that for a Harpy would be a tight squeeze would be like a motorcycle zooming down an empty two-lane (if not more lanes) tunnel.
jedi-explorer wrote:

If it can out run a Harpy, one would think it'd have to be able to ascend to the height of which a Harpy normally flies, no?[/quote]Not necessarily. It'd merely means that - at its highest speed (See: Diving) - a Harpy has no chance in a prolonged chase. In theory they might only have to outrun it on ground-level until reaching cover.

Mind, since we have no idea just how fast Harpies can go (low-ends speculation by some users ranges around medium- / high-tens of miles, while higher-end speculation by other users puts their dives at near supersonic)...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Are CDs a thing in Negav yet? O.o I find I have trouble knowing just how advanced/modern they are there.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:42 pm

it would make sense if they did have something as simple as a CD

but not if they didn't
Back to top Go down
http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:06 pm

I would say only the rich and powerful would have access to a CD player, that's normaly the direction I go in when depicting Negav. The public are in a sort of Renaissance ara, but those within the government and corperations would have the wealth and connections to buy tech beyound that era...if they didn't then what's the point of the city being a intergalactic trade hub?

Though to keep it balanced I'd say their CD players would be no more advanced than this 1980s  player

Unless your character simply outright stole a more fancy player from an unsuspecting visitor XD
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:33 pm

I say this is fantastic chance to fit in a load of outdated tech! A city of cassette players, or a world where Betamax actually outcompeted VHS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next