Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD

Go down 
+4
Riverman
FalconJudge
JohnDoe
Jætte_Troll
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 pm

WB20 wrote:
I turn to Siri "Huh, can you actually use that hammer or are you just another wannabe adventurer trying to look cool if it's the latter perhaps you should stop and think for a bit before you get yourself eaten."

Siri looked at him as he spoke to her in an accusatory tone.

"I don't need to prove myself to you, but if you want to see, I'd be glad to show you." Siri replied in a tone of superiority. She liked to think she was the best, and so she took the hammer from her back and held it with incredible ease. Rather than being buff enough to carry the hammer, she imbued it with a lightweight charm.
_____________-

(I'm sorry I wasn't here during the past few days, with the 4th of july, and it being my birthday, and celebrating someone else's it was rather difficult)
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:09 pm

As the group talks the crowd continues to swirl around them. Everywhere merchants are shouting out to people to try and get them to purchase their wares and good instead of the persons next to them. A neko at the closest stall whistles at them.

"Hey - you! Yeah, you people! You heading into the green? Need some gear? Best prices in this entire hall, right here! Best selection to. Need weapons? Food? Tents? I got it all - professional stuff. No red tents here. Hey, take a look!"
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
BioHazard
Tasty morsel
BioHazard

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Dan leans against a tree and glanced at the forest. The foliage decorating the environment was beautiful but that didn't make up for the fact that this place was a death trap. But if anything came his way he would blast a hole through it's head.

"Yo Danny, we're going to start heading to some ruins nearby..." James tells him. "...So are you just going to scout out for anything that would want to kill us?'

"...that wasn't my main intention of standing over here but sure!" He replied.
From where Dan was standing, he was able to hear shouting in the distance. But they weren't from terror. He listened carefully and he got a clear visual. It was merchants and it didn't sound too far away. He glanced around again before dashing off. He has never been to this planet so he could atleast introduce himself to new items and some supplies to help him out while he's here.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:09 am

Evellic glanced at the neko who was shouting at her. "Yes we're heading into the jungle." She replied as she walked over to the shop and glanced at some of the things on display. "What kind of stuff do you have?"
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Lovey had already walked up to the counter, and said back, "Good variety. Food, provisions, sleepers, weapons..." He looked closer as the Neko happily watched the rest of the group look in her direction.

"Too high quality, though. Too expensive. We couldn't afford much of it on our budget," he finished judgeing. "Food's better with 'quantity'."
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 am

The neko looked a little worried for a few moments at Lovey's comments.

"Uh, yeah, I mean, with the food you may be right. But you can't go out with low quality gear! My stuffs pretty reasonably priced compared to everyone elses!" she declared proudly.

"Here" she says to Evellic. "Since you seem to have good taste. I got weapons. Basic guns, good rifles here. See, made Vishmital made - they're much lighter than normal Negavian arms. I even have some more exotic stuff - see, this is a genuine 0-VM Hot Rifle! This little baby will give a naga a nasty burn and it can even sear fairy wings! Or are you more a close combat sort of gal? I got blades in all flavours."

The neko pulled out a tube from under her counter.

"Now stand back and watch this - this is a real Vishmital Pike. See, press here..."

The tube suddenly expanded into a long fifteen foot spear, the neko balancing it while grinning, pressing a button and retracting it again.

"Neat, huh? I don't just do weapons either. Now, look at this, this is real neat."

The neko took out a strip of heavy fabric, which shimmered and started to fade from view.

"Camuchin Tarp." she explained. "I can sell you a whole damn tent of the stuff. It blocks out smell and most noise too. It's the only way to sleep safe. What else do you need? I can recommend a good potion brewer too. And like I said, its all cheap - and I deal in pretty much all currencies!"
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Siri walked up to the neko's shop looking at what she had to offer. She had to take her hammer off her back so that it wouldn't hit anything as she leaned over.

"Well...I could use some of your non-combat goods..." She half-spoke to the neko and half-spoke to herself. She dealt mainly in weapons herself, and had no need to purchase anything from this merchant. She walked slowly back over to the main group.

"I could lend you guys some weapons if you want...so you don't have to spend much money on this shop." Indeed the weapons are where the prices differ, and if she could manage to get more customers then it will make her business go up even more. She figured that when she gets back, the treasure she will have would all make it worthwhile anyway.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Nathan shook his head to both the Neko, and Siri, "I have everything that I need, so no thank you."

"Besides, while weapons may be useful, we'll need to hide more often than not. We'll want to travel as light as we can."
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Lovey thought for a moment. "A gun or spear won't do jack against anything really big, anyways. It'd just be a big waste of money." He turned back the the neko. "What's the price for the cammo tent?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 pm

"That depends" replied the neko, trying to salvage something out of the deal. "What currency are you using? In standard gems it'd be about.... lets say... a hundred of 'em."

The tent was worth less but it was obvious the neko was overshooting the price in a hope that something profitable could be haggled for.

"So... you guys really going out? In the jungle?" continued the neko, trying to be personable to the customers and distract Lovey from the prices.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Evellic looked at the Camuchin Tarp. She wasn't a military scientist but she knew that the Keh-Mion and select few Eurlian scientists would be VERY interested in a tarp that turns you invisible and blocks out sound. She reached into her pocket and pulled out what looked like a thin rectangular computer chip.

"You said you deal in any currency right? I'll purchase a sleeping bag version if you have one." She said as she handed the Neko her personal account card. "Do you take personal account cards on this planet?"
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:24 pm

"It's all about using what you have."

Siri walked over to the neko merchant, asking if she could buy an air pad.

"can I buy one of the air pads? that's all I'll need."

Siri's bag was already pretty small. she carried only a few things, as she intended on finding food as she went.
Back to top Go down
WB20
Helpless prey
WB20

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 pm

"With tents and the like you wan't small not comfortable a full tent would stand out. You said it blocked out smell and sound, but I've heard of some preds having some sorta sixth sense so it wouldn't help in that situation. Which means it not quite as useful as you make out to be." Says Will
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:51 pm

"Mmm, clever man." replied the neko to Will, taking Evellic's card. "The tent blocks out sight, sound, heck even smell. The magic part is a bit tricky but most predators can't use it to pinpoint stuff. They may be able to tell you're nearby, but not exactly where and in the tent they can't find you. If you're still worried, you could try around here for some sort of magic-dampening device."

The neko opened a draw and searched through a massive cache of card swipers, covered all in different languages, before pulling one out and swiping Evellic's card, handing it back. She then went and pulled out an air pad and showed in to Siri.

"This what you looking for? You can have it at a discount maybe. 15% off? Maybe you can get your friends to buy more here. I can get a bulk discount."

Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:

"This what you looking for? You can have it at a discount maybe. 15% off? Maybe you can get your friends to buy more here. I can get a bulk discount."

Nathan spoke up, "Do you have any batteries, powerpacks, basically anything that stores mechanical energy?" he asked, "Something that has a lot of power in small, portable package?" he asked.

"Failing that, what about some very high energy food? Really calorie intensive, if you get my meaning, some of that stuff that elves, I think, make, the stuff that you can run for a week on?"
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Lovey backed off a bit from the rest of the group; he didn't really need anything besides food, so...

"Uh, hey guys, I'll go find us some cheap provisions, 'kay?"
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am

"Like I said, an air pad is all I'll need."

Siri stated as she put down the required amount of skevols. She'd try to barter, but 15% off was good enough.

"I'd try, but they seem to be independant shoppers themselves. I doubt I'd convince them."

Siri mostly just wanted to get what she needed and leave. All this hanging around was getting her irritated.
Back to top Go down
Running Scared
Naga food
Running Scared

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am

(I think I got some weapons still in my warehouse...wait. Nope those "mysteriously" disappeared for some reason. What was with that big G that was painted on the wall? Waiting on the survival gear shipment...sigh. I really want to be a help to these guys.) Bade thought to himself.(I know I'll cut them in on some...what do I have again?) He thought hard of what he had as most of his "good" merchandise wasn't something that help the group's "pocket" and the "specialized" products were for taurics.

Bade was about to enter the conversation, when his assistant rushed over, pulled Bade over, and whispered to him and they spoke in hushed tones slightly away from the group. "...uh hmm...I think that last expedition we lost those...no we still are on delay for the more weapons and scientific stuff. What about my wards I don't want those angels or demons around at all...Wait, have still got those food paste tubes?...Oh, wait that's better, I think we can cut them a deal!" Bade exclaimed as he attempted to clap his assistant on the back, it looked as if his assistant was in a cloud of cigarette smoke. Bade reformed his hands and began to drift from his assistant.

"Well, let's see if they're up for it right?" Bade smiled at his assistant and drifted over to the group. Bade didn't notice that he almost passed through the neko. Bade spoke in the direction of Lovey "If you're looking for cheap food, I've been reminded by my assistant that I've gotten a surplus of a variety of food: military-made nano pastes, MRE's, alotta jerky, and some other stuff...maybe some of the elven foodstuffs. I got too much thanks to what happened with my orders and I can't return it so if anyone of you wants to take any of it off my hands for this trip I'd appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
http://scared-n-running.deviantart.com/
WB20
Helpless prey
WB20

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:50 am

"I'm thinkin we should let the kid handle the food. Anyways, I,ll take a sleeping bag of that stuff too, here's my card, also what is the strongest man portable explosive you have. Always good to have a fall back plan, yes I know it's a bad idea to use explosives but in my opinion if your about to be eaten it's better to blow up the thing chasing you then get eaten worrying about the things that might chase you." says Will

"If anyone else want's any sort of weapon or a tent or something and don't have enough cash even using the jewels I'll pay for it, can't go out with team where half have crap for equipment."
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm

The neko's eyes were nearly dollar signs as she pulled our some energy packs for her new customers, passing the air pad to Siri.

"There's all different sorts... the Vishmitali ones work with most technology that you buy in Negav. But the most versatile are by far Actinite batteries. You can charge them up with any sort of magic energy, from anywhere and it gives you long lasting electrical charges. Here, take a look at 'em."

The neko looked up at the window.

"Well, no food here but you should be able to hit a food market or too before night. It looks to be getting late - if your done giv... er, spending money to... with me, I think I'm gonna head for home. Get some rest before you go to the jungle is all I can say. Exhaustion and nervous breakdowns are the number one killers! After fairies, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 am

Siri took the pad and nodded, exchanging the money with the neko shopkeep.

"Thanks" She spoke, putting the airpad underneath an arm, and slinging her hammer over her back. Now all she had to do was wait for everyone to finish shopping.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Evellic made a quick check of her inventory. Good, she had everything she needed for the trip. As for food, she usually hunted for her meals.

Sensing that nothing was going to happen for a while, she sat down on the floor in an out of the way place and waited for the others to finish.

Last edited by Riverman on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Lovey came back for a minute.

"Anything in particular you guys want?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 pm

"Better get what you want quick." said the neko with a smile, putting some of her more valuable wares into her cart while locking up her stall for the night. After it was shut tight, she took out a glowing stone, murmuring a few words. A transparent shell formed around her small establishment.

"Magic wards. Can't be too careful." she said, walking out into the thinning crowd. Though many shops were closing, the more desperate merchants were trying to squeeze as much time as they could, or turning their stalls over to night-shift workers.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Nathan stretched his neck, "Well, I guess that means we better get going, we've spent to long delayingt our little foray into the wilderness anyhow."

With that Nathan took his leave of the shop, he crossed the street and soon found an empty wall from which to watch the rest of the team still remaining in the Neko's Establishment.

To be honest, I'm about ready to get this show on the road, the sooner we get started, the sooner we're finished, and I to finally washing my hands of this damn adventurer business. Hell, if I'm lucky we'll find enough loot on this one that I can retire permanently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD   Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryian Trails - GAME THREAD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next