Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
So nobody's responded in quite some time, so I guess that's that.

Anyway, I guess I'll just put up another idea here and get started again.

The Cookie Cutter

This is a fairy weapon, developed by the Crimson Maidens and very rare to see outside their territory. So named after the (very) inspirational story about all those cookies that escaped from them, loved by every Fairy Child (thank you for that, Stabs. XD). The Cookie Cutter is made with several metals and minerals, among which the main ones are typically Felaryan Silver, Scintilla, Mazhir, and Flamanite, of the Actinite Ore Family just as Aquanite.

It is said the blade has a Flamanite core, with layers of Felaryan Silver around it, and a few veins of Mazhir that run along it down to the core, after which it is constantly tempered and encased in more Felaryan Silver, and Scintilla. The sword is a brilliant oscillating blue color, and when charged by the flames of a Crimson Maiden is actually powerful enough to melt the weapons of their opponents, and release large flames from it. The sword requires very delicate and technical construction, in addition to gathering the elements (not so hard for a group of Crimson Maidens), and as such is an uncommon weapon even inside their domain, as the skill of making this blade is not compatible with the level of dedication that many Fairies would need to make it.

---

I'm not quite sure how to put it, but I dont mean for it to be too over powered, but Crimson Maidens are fierce warriors, and this just helps show why that is. I'm sure many fairies would have the mental fortitude to forge it though, since honestly a Fairy's mindset is far different than that of a human's, and even if it weren't, they're still different, and there would be a lot of smithies among them who'd need the level of concentration anyway.

Critiquing (or complements?) please, since I tried to come up with a logical in-universe way of actually making this sword work. I think I pulled it off too...Remember Felaryan Silver can be enchanted quite easily!
I rather like it! Ties into mythology, has pretty nice look and seems quite useful in battle! If I made Crimson Maiden I'd be tempted to arm her with one of these baby's! I am curious if there's only stock model or are there any variations? Is two handed, single handed? Single bladed? Does it have a cross guard? There hopes that critique helps. ^_^ I tried to be critical and admiring.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:59 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
I rather like it! Ties into mythology, has pretty nice look and seems quite useful in battle! If I made Crimson Maiden I'd be tempted to arm her with one of these baby's! I am curious if there's only stock model or are there any variations? Is two handed, single handed? Single bladed? Does it have a cross guard? There hopes that critique helps. ^_^ I tried to be critical and admiring.
Probably varies from crafts-fairy to crafts-fairy, honestly. It's the method of creation what's more important than the actual shape. Changing the shape might make it harder to identify as well, if you come across one. You couldn't just say "That looks like a cookie cutter!" right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

Reading the description of that made me hungry for some reason. I love cookies.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Swords that cut other swords by being blue-hot? Well, that's a good place to begin with. But it doesn't sit right with me to name that particular implement of war after cookies. Fairies don't like puns, we do. :B

Besides, these cookies in particular don't need a cutter, unless you want to eat the cookie without all the stuff around it that you could eat anyway. Some of those cookies come encased in metal; maybe having a cookie cutter is a good idea. But a red-hot cookie cutter will burn those cookies, it won't taste the same, you know? You'd need a cookie cutter that allows you to keep the shape of the cookie intact while removing everything around the edges.

Alternatively, you could have a cookie cutter that cuts the cookie into the shape you like. However, turning a square cookie into a round one might be disturbing... for the cookie. Turning a rather squarish and handsome cookie into one with curves in all the right places comes to mind as one option.

The construction you mention... I wonder if you meant to say they're made of two layers of metal folded together, like Damascus steel was, with special gems in the metal matrix? Or would it just be magic?

How 'bout that for starters?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Stabs wrote:
Swords that cut other swords by being blue-hot? Well, that's a good place to begin with. But it doesn't sit right with me to name that particular implement of war after cookies. Fairies don't like puns, we do. :B
Yes, well, um...yes. XD

Stabs wrote:
Besides, these cookies in particular don't need a cutter, unless you want to eat the cookie without all the stuff around it that you could eat anyway. Some of those cookies come encased in metal; maybe having a cookie cutter is a good idea. But a red-hot cookie cutter will burn those cookies, it won't taste the same, you know? You'd need a cookie cutter that allows you to keep the shape of the cookie intact while removing everything around the edges.

Alternatively, you could have a cookie cutter that cuts the cookie into the shape you like. However, turning a square cookie into a round one might be disturbing... for the cookie. Turning a rather squarish and handsome cookie into one with curves in all the right places comes to mind as one option.

Cutting the metal might be good. Cutting the cookie into a curvy shape might be a bit interesting, but that would be the Cookie Cutter Mk II. I suppose, with lots of magic? hey its felaryan silver, it could be enchanted with anything. I rather like these two ideas, but without burning the cookie would be a delicate art in the kitchen, so to speak.

I imagine it like the damascus steel, layers of metal folded together with gems and what not in between. So yes. Keep in mind, once again, Felaryan Silver allows for enchanting.

Definitely good ideas. I wonder what others think, or how it can be changed for the better.

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:34 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
So nobody's responded in quite some time, so I guess that's that.

Anyway, I guess I'll just put up another idea here and get started again.
Don't worry, the development of the fairy society is in the card ^^
And all your reflexions on it  are interesting.  I am not familiar with the Demon/Youkai World in Yu Yu Hakusho though. What is special about it ?

And sorry to not have grasped on your others ideas ^^; I like the Mina Weed particularly. Being drunk and yet somehow have your mind functions sharper and more active could create an interesting mix XD How would you see that to work ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:55 am

Oh, it's okay Karbo. Fairy Society is a much bigger/important idea, so it'd take presidence over the others.

As for mina weed:

Alcoholic beverages such as Beer, Ale, Mead, and such all use one common ingredient: Ethanol, which is distilled into Alcohol for the drinks. Many others include Hops, and create the flavor that Beer and Ale have. This is why most breweries in the medieval years had a barley field and hop garden right next to it.

You can traditionally put anything you want in the drink as long as it contains some percentage of distilled ethanol/alcohol. (It's the Alcohol itself that is the psychoactive drug, which generally include euphoria, talkativeness, and relaxation) It's really only the later levels of consumption that limit blood flow to the brain. (1-1.4% is where that starts).

I wouldn't go out adventuring when drunk anyway, but at the beginning stages, drinks with mina weed in it would add an odd perceptiveness, the ability to notice things you otherwise wouldn't. You could be relaxed and a chatterbox when drinking, but if you're being stalked and someone is nearby, a good chance is that you'd notice it real quick. Your ability to communicate the problem, however, is probably another matter entirely. One could be bumbling over their words trying to explain there's some people in bushes watching them.

However, its the weed by itself, when often chewed that creates the pure effect of enhanced cognitive abilities. That's why bad-asses are always seen chewing on things. Razz

Honestly, I'd love to say that due to the brain chemistry of humans this week works particularly well with them, but a fairy on the other hand would get wrecked (or sloshed), consuming mina weed (but still probably have the increased cognitive abilities. Making for silly situations. mix it with oosoon berries :3). This is another matter entirely though. I'll stop while I'm ahead...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:00 pm

So here's a fun idea I'm putting up.

Kimirdans -

Their name comes from an old word in the native Sphynx language, because of the origin of where they came from. The Kimirdanians are smaller humanoid beingss close to the size of humans or nekos - and large in number, but often hide themselves due to their sensitive skin that makes difficult to go out in sunlight because their flesh is easy to burn - and equally sensitive to magic. This also causes them to have what seems to be a very close version to a "predator sense" as they are sensitive to magic, and its flow. When they train themselves enough, they can often "feel" magic dense beings around them.

In fact its this sensitivity to magic that makes them so special. Their blood cooperates with this attribute of theirs and is imbued with magic far more easily, particularly Felarya's soil. When injured, their blood will work with the effects of Felarya's soil, and heal them far quicker than any other species will. As a result, it uses up a portion of their blood to do so, like mana for a normal mage. In the following days after a severe injury, the 'Mirdanian will become thirsty, and begin to hunt for sustenance it requires in the form of blood. They have fangs in place of their Lateral Incisors, between their Canines and Central Incisors which have a tiny canal that goes from the tip up through their body which is controlled almost like a muscle.

For this reason, those who see them feed refer to them as the undead vampires - which they are clearly not. Unlike vampires these beings are not allergic to garlic, the cross, or water, and they have a beating heart which pumps blood.

They also cannot 'spread' like a disease or a curse. Because their blood heals, it is also coveted for research in boosting the effects of the soil. When fed directly from the Mirdanian to their partner (or chosen, uh...'victim'), the blood will flow through their body, and merge with other blood cells to mix genetic properties, and not only seal up the wounds, but also cause the recipient to act funny over the next day or so. Constant, periodical ingestion of Mirdanian blood has not been observed, but is widely acknowledged to just cause what usually seems to be a perpetual drunken stupor (and a very awkward attraction to the blood-giver) - not legions of undead zombies wandering around through the neighborhood streets...something which is found in stories, and yet another reason why they prefer to hide themselves. Yet there have been a few who have openly served the public as renowned healers, whether or not they still kept their abilities hidden.

---

Well that was fun to write. The only issue is what to call them.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Even though they have a special relationship to the nature of magic coursing through their bloodstream (or whatever you want to call it. "mana"? its fairly unclear, I know) that is not meant to make them good mages, its meant to make them heal quickly only, and in fact, using magic could be difficult, if not fatal to them, because it could drain the magic from their blood and dry them out. Or something like that.

Yet at the same time, its not accessible by magic spells I suppose, so another mage cant just use their blood to cast a fireball spell or whatever.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:42 am

It's not really clear in the article what they are physically, though I can infer they're some subspecies of Sphinx because you mention their language. I think this is a point that should be stated outright. I do like the idea of an un-undead vampiric species, though, and the idea that their blood is a consumable resource is an interesting one. I also think it's interesting that they're also able to inject their blood into others to heal them, though I'm not sure about the part where someone who is given the blood of a Mirdanian becomes "awkwardly attracted to the blood giver" - it seems like something to force some sort of sexual tension into situations a Mirdanian is involved in.

All and all an interesting idea, if somewhat vague in some areas.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 6:18 pm

They're unrelated to the Sphynx, they just come from the same general area of origin that the Sphynx(es?) do. The language would be similar likely do to habitation issues.

They're humanoid more than anything, and they're not undead. I believe I stated this clearly in the post.

I was originally going to say that they emit a pheromone from their mouth area, and it makes the bite less painful, and would also give more reason to the attraction, which I put there because I find that cute Razz and I cant imagine any real problem from that (excluding their lore, of course. It could lead to really funny situations, which was largely the intent).

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
They're humanoid more than anything, and they're not undead. I believe I stated this clearly in the post.
You didn't. Nowhere in your post did you write that they're humanoid.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 am

Thanks, fixed. I did say they're not undead though Razz
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:33 am

Gonna have fun with another one here. I don't expect anything to come of it, but here goes Razz

The Celestial Court

This is a part of heaven which is related to what would otherwise be considered the Angel's government. It is essentially a fusion of the court, and special agents. Neither has jurisdiction over the other, and since Heaven does not suffer the same issues mortal world's governments do, an otherwise dangerous combination of government forces would provide a shockingly efficient system.

The special agents of heaven are known as "Lifemasters" and is more of a title than a race, such as the Diranis, being a prime example. Lifemasters have various ranks within their sub-branch that determine whether an angel serves in the city, or sent as emissaries, intelligence, or what are known as "monks" - angels that are given clearance to visit other worlds under cover as healers or whatever strategy might be used to help maintain some semblance of stability.

Emissaries are often sent to other worlds, and the jurisdiction of the Celestial Court is recognized by the forces of hell, as per the contract after the brutal Tenebris War. The city servants are not part of the military, but serve as a sort of "guard" or "police" which often help keep the people within Heaven happy by employing a variety of means at their disposal. Intelligence is charged with monitoring heaven's realms, helping to organize for all the Lifemaster duties - even the monks, who receive communications from them when they are down in places such as Felarya, helping the desperate in what way serves their interest.

Life masters are also charged with the authority to bring in questionable individuals, some of them serving time as an "Arbiter", essentially the judges of heaven. There are two courts, the Esemene Court - which is basically charged with working in tandem intelligence division regarding the entry of the recently deceased into the gates of heaven. If a social issue does occur, they will also oversee the case. The Grand Assembly is a very important court, which act as a deciders in a political decision (Arbiter), and to oversee the case of the rare occasion, when someone manages to subvert Heaven's authority or agenda in the mortal world. Neither occasion happens too often, but when it does, it garners the attention of almost every angel. Mortals who make the decision to act in such a way as to severely imbalance the preservation of life (in an unnatural way) are known as "Traitors to Heaven" often sentenced not to hell, but to the deepest parts of Heaven's realm, often given extreme sentences - such as a ten or twenty thousand year banishment, where they are given time and 'encouragement' to reflect upon their sins. The nature of said banishment is largely a mystery, but no single person has ever been recorded to have escaped in the history of Heaven's existence.

---

Should I write an overview/summary? This was fun to type up. I do hope people like it, but since this is something regarding heaven, I expect most everybody to say "no" and present their own ideas for what it should be like  angel but whatever.

I must say though I am fiercely opposed to the idea of having multiple systems in each realm. Heaven as a whole is united, despite the realms they govern. I think of them as like provinces in a country, really. Its not like felarya, which is a mud-pie from dozens of different worlds. The Angels would have in place a solid system that functions extremely efficiently, providing peace, but capable of displaying shocking force when threatened. (They did win the war, you know Razz. Or did they? That'd be a twist, actually...)

Though, like I said, Heaven is different than Felarya, which makes sense when considering Negav to be split over many things, but to have a functioning society you need in place an executive power that everyone looks to, and this "Celestial Court" serves as a part. I am willing to break it up though, to have the courts function apart of the "police" if you will. I just think them working together would be more efficient for them than it would be for mortals.

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:26 pm

peekaboo.

I haven't posted anything in here for a while, but I think I'm going to make something that's not really all that serious, just for the fun of it :p

Predator Tank

The Predator Tank is an ironically named vehicle co-designed by Negavians and Vishmitals, combining the engineering of one, and the unique resources of the other. This large tank has multiple pairs treads, typically four, which let navigate the rough terrain far easier than a standard tank. The treads are otherwise not unique, suffering from the same weaknesses that regular treads do. Shorter life span than standard wheels, and risks being immobilized by the loss of a single segment. Of course armor is placed in strategic areas to shield against a blow to the segments to prevent this from happening.

Its turret feels like the top of a joystick controller in that it is spherical and can rotate in almost any direction it needs to, including pointing straight up. These are usually meant to attract attention, though. Generally used on purpose for distractions while a force such as the isolon fist waits in ambush for a predator. However, the tanks can still fall victim to tiny fairies that fly in to the gaps in the vehicle to wreak havoc. In which case, if one manages to fly its way through the ventilation systems and into the metal pod, accompanying people might not realize there is a happy fairy protected on the inside, digesting happily...

---

I want to add more, but I cant think of anything. I seem to be making less serious entries here as of late...

I could always try something like:

The Paper Fan:

An item sold often within Negav, this object resembles a typical paper fan, but uses slightly higher quality, enchanted for durability and more noise making upon contact with the fan's victim. The victim suffers from numbness on strike, as the van delivers acute sensory damage to the nervous system, completing the package with a glaze over the inside of it, that when struck, creates a red mark across the place of impact which lasts for hours. It also doesn't wash off.

Razz
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Bael wrote:
Predator Tank

The Predator Tank is an ironically named vehicle co-designed by Negavians and Vishmitals, combining the engineering of one, and the unique resources of the other. This large tank has multiple pairs treads, typically four, which let navigate the rough terrain far easier than a standard tank. The treads are otherwise not unique, suffering from the same weaknesses that regular treads do. Shorter life span than standard wheels, and risks being immobilized by the loss of a single segment. Of course armor is placed in strategic areas to shield against a blow to the segments to prevent this from happening.

Its turret feels like the top of a joystick controller in that it is spherical and can rotate in almost any direction it needs to, including pointing straight up. These are usually meant to attract attention, though. Generally used on purpose for distractions while a force such as the isolon fist waits in ambush for a predator. However, the tanks can still fall victim to tiny fairies that fly in to the gaps in the vehicle to wreak havoc. In which case, if one manages to fly its way through the ventilation systems and into the metal pod, accompanying people might not realize there is a happy fairy protected on the inside, digesting happily...

I like the idea! Rather nice to see some tech in somebody's idea thread rather than magi-tech or pure artifact stuff. However two things:

1: It's supposed to be a co-op between Isolon Fist and Vishmital yes? I see plenty of Vishy tech...But uh...Where's the Fist stuff? I mean it's a pretty nice little piece of tech, compact, futuristic and realistic design, but where's the bit that owes to Negavians and the Fist?
2: Where's it's weapons? You don't talk about them at all. I'm assuming it's got some trumped up version of a Spell Sling or Vishy Hot Riffle on steroids but I dunno. Other than that? Awesome!

Bael wrote:
An item sold often within Negav, this object resembles a typical paper fan, but uses slightly higher quality, enchanted for durability and more noise making upon contact with the fan's victim. The victim suffers from numbness on strike, as the van delivers acute sensory damage to the nervous system, completing the package with a glaze over the inside of it, that when struck, creates a red mark across the place of impact which lasts for hours. It also doesn't wash off.

XD This sounds amusing and I can so see a criminal who looks to hit his underlings with it. It also seems to have some purpose as a concealed weapon you'd never guess is dangerous. Seems a pretty solid bet as a magical artifact that could be either a weapon or just a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Oh, uh...thanks XD

Honestly I was hoping for some comments on the post before it more so than the ironically named "Predator Tank", but I never said the Isolon Fist helped design it. I don't know if they would. I believe I do mention a rotating canon somewhere though.

As for the fan, yes, I'm proud of that entry the most :3
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Havent posted anything in a loooong time, so here's a little something.

Marvok's Quarry

Marvok's Quarry was established first hundreds of years ago. Over the centuries however, its been abandoned and reacquired numerous times from the local wildlife near the mountains. It originally started out as a cave that was built to and connected to one of the tunnels that weaved through the Ascarlin Mountains. It has never been explored too deep, as there is a massive gate in the back that was constructed fifty years ago to finally wall off and protect the mine from the tunnels. Now it has been mostly deadened from threats and activities. Some creatures occasionally burrow up, but never anything massive. The larger denizens are theorized to prefer the deeper places, either way, with the Quarry now significantly more calm, getting posted there is now largely seen as a punishment.

Still, it has been a steady supply of stone of varying qualities over the many years it has remained in service. Deeper larger tunnels in the far east side of the tunnel have higher quality stone far down in Felarya's earth. It is down there in the depths where a large portion of the materials were gained for the rare metal Xythium, used in the construction of Negav's walls.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Havent posted anything in a loooong time, so here's a little something.

Marvok's Quarry

Marvok's Quarry was established first hundreds of years ago. Over the centuries however, its been abandoned and reacquired numerous times from the local wildlife near the mountains. It originally started out as a cave that was built to and connected to one of the tunnels that weaved through the Ascarlin Mountains. It has never been explored too deep, as there is a massive gate in the back that was constructed fifty years ago to finally wall off and protect the mine from the tunnels. Now it has been mostly deadened from threats and activities. Some creatures occasionally burrow up, but never anything massive. The larger denizens are theorized to prefer the deeper places, either way, with the Quarry now significantly more calm, getting posted there is now largely seen as a punishment.

Still, it has been a steady supply of stone of varying qualities over the many years it has remained in service. Deeper larger tunnels in the far east side of the tunnel have higher quality stone far down in Felarya's earth. It is down there in the depths where a large portion of the materials were gained for the rare metal Xythium, used in the construction of Negav's walls.

I like this place allot and not just cause it reminds me of that quirky little area you find after hours and hours of running away from an enemy you can't quite seem to kill in Oblivion (curse you trolls and random wolves!) but cause it's nicely thought out and not too dangerous, but isn't a town or landmark really. Sorta ....curiosity? Very nicely done description there, Bael.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Tel-Theris

A long time ago, it is said that there was a large city in the Elifga Valley. A large prosperous city thousands of years ago, but the King was so kind-hearted that he attracted the attention of a Succubus, who wanted to make that kind heart fall. Thus the city fell into chaos, and the survivors fled. In vengeance of their beloved king, the survivors learned to hunt for demons, and other extra-planar beings.

It is said that they already possessed the knowledge and tools, but whatever the case, they are a nomadic group of people wandering throughout felarya in many splintered groups - some are located near Ur-Sagol, others in Chidokai, near the Rosic Neko village, and many other places. Some of them wander through very dangerous areas as well, and are masters at concealing themselves. After all, the story they have passed down to their heirs had supposedly happened many thousands of years ago and have had that long to refine their technique. So they call themselves the Tel-Theris after their city, but refer to their practice as 'Spirit Hunters', in their own language.

In truth, the Tel-Theris are quite spread out. Small groups are everywhere, though there are a decent fraction of them in the city of Negav. It is said only members of their order can contact each other. It is a mystery how, and the tools and weapons they use to combat Succubi generally dont leave their hands - its just as likely to get hands on Vishmital weapons. They travel through the wilderness looking explicitly for Succubi, and sometimes Angels. Run ins with the Ceiciels are judged on a case-by-case basis, though generally seen as problematic, using their holy nature as an excuse to freely eat people despite their personal vendetta against demons - that and when their city fell, no Ceiciel ever came to their aid despite obvious demonic corruption. The other thing that separates them from common hunters, is their success rate. They are the only people in Felarya who actually give Angels and Demons something to worry about when they visit.

There are rare cases of Tel-Theris being hired as mercenaries or guides, as they are very capable fighters, and seem to know greater than most anybody the fauna and flora that exist within Felarya. However, they make it a point not to fight giant creatures, even if they do have the means to take them out. People being eaten is seen as a normal course for them, and are unlikely to fight off giant predators just because they may be present in the area. Every so often it is said that Tel-Theris will rescue a party of adventurers and take one of the survivors as a recruit to help keep their numbers bolstered. They will always have a price, which is another reason why it is rare to recruit them, as typically nobles or other very high ranking officials can afford their services; a strategy used so they can keep to their main objective, combined with this, and they generally aren't seen as being too kind hearted to others. Thus, a survivor of a party might not come back to Negav until years later, when they have been fully trained - however, they often come back a changed person.

---

Okay I think this needs some grammatical editing, as I could organize the description better.

Anyway, I'm looking for a word to use for "Spirit Hunter" in their native tongue. Any help would be great - and as always feel free to comment.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Azetium
Legendary/Semi-Precious

This is an angelic based ore, found only in Heaven, particularly the larger worlds. It is not found in mountains, however, but in areas with intensely high areas of angelic  concentration. It is said the olden heroes of Heaven wielded power so great, their celestial magic had a side effect, that resulted in the creation of this white ore - and for some odd reason shapes itself like crystals. It is very dense however, and if it could be classified - it would be closer in composition to metamorphic rock, the strongest kind.

Suffice it to say, areas with high concentration of ceicels and purifier angels manifest this more. Though even among angels they are mostly unsure of how it is created. Just that the higher the concentration of angels, the more Azetium is found. When smelted and hammered into weapons and armor it creates a dazzlingly beautiful white.

There has only been one instance of it ever appearing in the realm of Felarya, but that is a mere legend, along with the guardian who has it. Otherwise it is exclusively a Celestial Ore-Mineral.

---

It is plentiful in heaven though, so wasn't sure what to put this as.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Azetium
Legendary/Semi-Precious

This is an angelic based ore, found only in Heaven, particularly the larger worlds. It is not found in mountains, however, but in areas with intensely high areas of angelic  concentration. It is said the olden heroes of Heaven wielded power so great, their celestial magic had a side effect, that resulted in the creation of this white ore - and for some odd reason shapes itself like crystals. It is very dense however, and if it could be classified - it would be closer in composition to metamorphic rock, the strongest kind.

Suffice it to say, areas with high concentration of ceicels and purifier angels manifest this more. Though even among angels they are mostly unsure of how it is created. Just that the higher the concentration of angels, the more Azetium is found. When smelted and hammered into weapons and armor it creates a dazzlingly beautiful white.

There has only been one instance of it ever appearing in the realm of Felarya, but that is a mere legend, along with the guardian who has it. Otherwise it is exclusively a Celestial Ore-Mineral.

---

It is plentiful in heaven though, so wasn't sure what to put this as.

Oooh! I finally have metal I can say my angel's weapons are made out of! Sounds quite fascinating! Shame it's mostly only available to them though. I'd love to see what others could do with it. Still heaven and hell both need materials. Good eye, Bael!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 7:45 am

haha I could see it in a game being the component for crafting super high end weapons XD
I think the idea is good but its origin is maybe a bit vague ? is it something like a residue from angelic magic being used ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Karbo wrote:
haha I could see it in a game being the component for crafting super high end weapons XD
I think the idea is good but its origin is maybe a bit vague ? is it something like a residue from angelic magic being used ?

Yeah more or less. Residue from intense angelic magic. Razz
Also reposting the negav material here, in hopes that someone eventually gives some feedback about it <_<

Takrit:
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Let's a-see, Bael. Amaroq was involved, so I didn't mean to be too harsh on this material.

Aquifers are not used to store water, aquifers contain water. You do not put water into an aquifer, you draw it out! Same with oil and gas, nobody uses the surrounding bedrock to transport the oil or gas. They extract the oil/gas, leave the bedrock behind.

I see you've removed the part about it being odd how it isn't in Akaptor, which is good, because sediments aren't all sand, and in fact, there's sand in beaches too. Heck, sedimentary stones form in places where geographically there were sediments once, not where there's sediments now.

The thing is, if there's a huge deposit underground, why isn't it aboveground? Negav's on a hilly area, close to a river. You might wanna take into account that there has to be some sort of break in the ground for hills to appear; the takrit should be exposed at some points, either around the hillsides, or close to the river.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks.

Yes, I never said all sediment was in the desert. Sediment is little bits and pieces that, under intense pressure form into rock. It doesn't need to be in the desert - what I was referring to there was how its odd that the sandstone that Negav is seemingly built with makes little sense given how its nowhere near a desert.

Yes, you're right it very well could be above ground as well. In this particular case, its below ground. Its just an underground quarry. Most quarries I imagine are on the surface, and I can imagine on a mountain or hillside that this would be no exception.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next