Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)

Go down 
+7
French snack
Karbo
DaNoob13
NinthSun
Anime-Junkie
tkh1304
Mortis
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Empty
PostSubject: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:04 pm

This is my first try at writing a story so expect there to be a few mistakes Smile Read the bio below (It has necessary backstory)

(If you have read the bio before please read it again. much has been revised.)

First chapter is done! If people like it I will post more.

I took your advice about not posting the bio here, so here is a link:

https://felarya.forumotion.com/character-discussion-f16/edit-mortis-bio-revised-hopefully-not-as-cliche-now-_-t2171.htm Very Happy

Last edited by Mortis on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:29 am

Hello dude, I see that you have tried to made your character become more original, and even added a background story for him. Nice job, I guess XD

However, I still think you should put these background story together with your bio in character discussion, not here ^^
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:11 am

tkh1304 wrote:
I still think you should put these background story together with your bio in character discussion, not here ^^
I agree, this is stories discussion. Keep characters to the character discussion forum. Just provide a link to the relevant thread in Character discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Chapter 1: Realisation

This is my first EVER story so please tell me what you think. It is probably a little short but I hope you like it
anyway! Very Happy

Also read the bio posted above, this chapter will not make sense if you don't read it!

Mortis stared in awe at the rip in the universe the ritual had created. Although his book revealed the existence
of the planet Felarya, it had no actual information on it. Because of that, he didn't know anything about it at
all. It could be a planet with no humans, or one without any kind of edible food. It could even be a planet
without any oxygen in the air! He imagined stepping out of the portal only to choke and die within seconds. It
made him think twice about entering it, despite that fact he had nothing to lose. Pulsing with energy and
emitting a bright blue light, the portal seemed to dismiss his fears and beckon him towards it. Taking a
deep breath, he launched himself through.

Mortis flew out of the portal and landed with a thud on the overgrown dirty floor below him. Immediately, the
ambient sounds and humid smells of the wilderness hit him making him aware that there was oxygen on this
planet after all, as well as the fact that he was in a jungle. Standing up, he saw trees that went on for miles in
all directions. They looked like the trees from his home planet, brown bark, green leaves and occasionally
bearing fruit. But these trees looked older, taller and more majestic than the trees he normally saw. They
looked like they had been here since the dawn of time. He also noticed an especially large tree in the
distance that dwarfed the others with its huge size. Taking in his lovely surroundings, Mortis looked at his
compass and decided to head south. He listened to the stiff grass crunch beneath his feet as he walked. He
had head a saying once. "When in doubt, head south." "This planet is great! I could have been sent to a
deathridden hell hole, but this place is just brilliant!" He said with a smile. But just as he thought this world
was perfect, he suddenly heard screams and sounds of battle not too far from his position! He grimaced and
ran towards the noise. "I guess no planet is free from war."

Crashing through bushes and dodging trees, he finally reached the source of the noise. It was coming from a
big clearing that was the size of a small village. A group of 4 adventurers consisting, of 3 humans and one
strange catlike person, were fighting for their lives against a huge half-snake half-women creature. She was
easily 60 feet high with gleaming emerald hair, fair skin and blood red scales. Mortis blushed hard as he
noticed that she had no clothes on, showing her in all her beautiful glory. But the naga had no sense of
modesty however, laughing evilly as the arrows and sword strikes of the adventurers had little effect on her.
He knew he couldn't win against such a huge foe, so he stuck to hiding in the shadows. It was cowardly but
he had only been on Felarya for an hour or so, and he didn't want to throw his life away already! The naga
gathered up the doomed people and, to his suprise, stuck them all inside her mouth! The screams of the
adventurers were muffled through her cheeks as she savoured their tastes. He thought she was just teasing
them before she killed them, but gasped in horror as he saw a large bulge travel down her neck! It was
followed by another bulge, and then another. The naga swallowed the final person with a loud *gulp* and
grinned when she heard him splash into her stomach. Meanwhile, Mortis stood behind a tree with a shocked
look on his face. "Did she just eat them ALIVE?!?" he muttered under his breath. Not wanting to share the
fate of the unfortunate adventurers he turned and began to run, when all of a sudden he was gripped by huge
fingers and lifted high into the air.

"So how long have YOU been standing there little human?" Asked the naga in an almost angelic voice. "Did
you enjoy the show?"
"Well, it certainly was... different to say the least." Replied Mortis, trembling as he did so.
With a hint of excitement, she said "Ahhh so you must be new here. Would you like an encore?"
Before he could answer, she lowered him into her mouth and licked him vigorously with her tongue, quickly
covering him in her sticky saliva. Deep rumbling moans came from the back of her throat as she thoroughly
enjoyed his taste. After enduring the licking for about a minute he was pulled out her mouth, dripping with
saliva. She licked her lips as she said " Mmmmm you really are a tasty one. I can't just eat you now. No,
something like you needs to be saved for a special snack."
"Wa... wait." Said Mortis desperately. "Can't we work something out? I mean surely I could give you
something that..."
"No I'm afraid you have nothing that I want." Interrupted the naga. "You are coming back to my home with me.
Don't try to resist, it is pointless."
Despite what she had said, he continued to try and coerce the naga into into letting him go, but went silent
when they eventually arrived at a makeshift shelter somewhere in the jungle. She placed him in between her
bosoms and then put her hand on top of him preventing him from moving. She then lay on the her makeshift
bed and fell asleep, digesting her latest meal to make room for the next!

Mortis has only been in the jungle for a few hours and his death at the hands of the sexy naga already seems
inevitable. Is this where his adventure ends? Find out in the next exiting chapter! :3

Sorry if the descriptions are a bit vague, I have never tried to write a story before. I wrote this chapter in 4 or 5 hours in one sitting. For the next chapter, I am going to try and put at least 20 hours into it. I can only get better right? sweatdrop

A second chapter is in progress...

Last edited by Mortis on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NinthSun
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
NinthSun

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:25 pm

"I guess no planet is free from war."

That statement alone holds a lot of wisdom. But perhaps there are some places where peace is the norm.

As for the story itself. It was too short! I wanted to know what was going to happen to Mort. I guess being stuck between two fun bags isn't so bad, but with the added sense of impending doom. Is he unable to reach the sword you mentioned in his bio? I enjoyed how you kept things realistic (in Felaryan terms).. no average naga will negotiate with a potential meal. I noticed some spelling errors.. but nothing terribly significant. Those will fade away in time. As does everything. Keep at it! Smile
Back to top Go down
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 am

Well that was a nice way to burn... *looks at clock* three minutes... It was short but still a great read.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Chapter 2: Scara

Mortis awoke to the sound of heavy breathing. He looked around and saw he was surrounded on all sides by warm flesh that moved in time to the breathing. It took him a few moments to realise where he was. He was still stuck inbetween the breasts of the naga! reaching for his sword, he found that he could barely move with her hand directly on top of him. He thought about trying to blast his way out, but a deep rumble from within her belly reminded him of the adventurers. They had tried to fight her and now they were gone forever. He imagined what they must have been thinking inside her as the digestion began. Did they pray to their god for a quick death? Or did they pray for the safety of loved ones left behind? Another rumble followed by a series of gurgles broke Mortis out of his grim train of thought. She was hungry. He panicked for a second, and then calmed down again when he heard her breathing. It was slow and rhythmic. Fortunately, she was still asleep. He knew that he had only one chance and that was to run.

He began to wriggle really carefully out from under her hand. It was a slow process because he didn't want to wake the beast. He moved so slowly it was almost painful. After 10 minutes of wriggling he was half-way out. Stopping to catch his breath he noticed he was breathing heavily. It was really tiring to move like that for such a long time. After another deep breath, he started moving again. He was getting so close to freedom that he quickened his pace. Finally, after over 17 minutes of moving he stood up, jumped off her stomach, landed on the ground, and broke his fall with a roll. He looked back at the sleeping naga and grinned. He would be the one that got away. Jogging happily towards the woods, he didn't notice a giant hand move silently towards him. The trees seemed to get smaller all of sudden, and he was no longer going forward. Puzzled, Mortis looked down to see that he was being lifted into the air again. His face went ghostly white when she brought him up to face height.

"Where do you think you are going little human? You did not even stop to say goodbye!"
The fact that her voice was so calm terrified Mortis even more than if she had been angry.
"Well it looks like I am going to have to eat you now. What a shame, I was looking forward to taking my time." She opened her mouth wide open. A pool of saliva occupied the bottom of her mouth and more dripped from the roof. It was clear that she wasn't joking about this.
"Wait! Hold on a second!" Mortis shouted desperately. "If you are going to eat me, can I at least know the name of my beautiful devourer?"
She closed her mouth and looked at him with a frustrated demeanour. Obviously, she wasn't expecting an interruption.
"You are the first of my prey to ever ask my name. Interesting. So if you really care about it that much, my name is Scara."
She smiled when she said it.
"Not that it really makes a difference anyway. Did you really think that getting to know me would save you? Humans really are stupid!"
She doubled over with laughter as she finished talking. Clearly she thought what she said was really funny.
Eyes watering and voice cackling , she didn't notice Mortis gathering his energy. Of course, he didn't actually want to know her name. He just needed to buy some time.

Concentrating some of his energy into a fiery black ball, he thought up a plan. It was a long shot. But that was all he had right now. He pulled his arm back and then threw the dark projectile directly at her face. Just before it hit, he called out her name.
"Hey Scara!"
She looked up at him and saw the fire ball, but it was too late. It struck her directly in her right eye. She stopped laughing and shrieked in pain as the fire burnt her eye to a crisp. In a fit of rage, she threw Mortis away from her with a thunderous scream. Sailing over the treetops at 40 miles an hour he realised that he had not thought his plan all the way through. He panicked as the trees grew closer and closer. He blasted the ground with a storm of dark lightning strikes in a desperate effort to slow himself down. It did slow him, but not enough to prevent the inevitable. He smashed through the trees and hit the ground with a sickening crunch.

He opened one of his eyes to see broken branches above him and a serene blue sky beyond. His body ached with immense physical trauma. He felt like he had been run over by 30 trucks. Most of his bones had broken and he was bleeding profusely, but he didn't even have the energy to scream. He closed his eye and thought about the naga that he had wounded. It was impossible to move, let alone run. All background noises ceased as he felt darkness overwhelm him. The cold fingers of death gripped his soul.

(Sorry if its too short again. I like to write chapters in tasty bitesize chunks. Please tell me what you think to this chapter! lol! )

(I love cliffhangers I know, but it is the only way to keep you wanting more isnt it?)

(No Mortis is not dead. Or is he? I guess you will have to find out lol! )

Last edited by Mortis on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinthSun
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
NinthSun

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Again, I like the realism that you gave to the predator. I doubt she was expecting a fireball from someone wielding a sword, huh? I doubt you'll have your character die so soon, but it's still a possibility. I'm looking forward to the next piece.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 pm

well nice story ^^
I'm curious to see what will happens next. My only remark is I thought it was a bit odd to have him sleep after the naga captures him and her not trying to restrain him more than that ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Karbo wrote:
well nice story ^^
I'm curious to see what will happens next. My only remark is I thought it was a bit odd to have him sleep after the naga captures him and her not trying to restrain him more than that ^^;

Yeah I guess I should have expanded on that more. sweatdrop Oh well, at least I learned something. Smile

I have a habit of writing vaguely and I try to prevent that but some things slip through the net.

By the way, I wont be posting a new chapter for quite some time. Life stuff ya know?

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Chapter 3: Damnation

Fire burned everywhere in this world. The sound of crackling flames was the only noise that could be heard. Smoke filled the air and covered the sky in a foul blanket of death. Fire stretched on for eons in a glaring inferno that would never be put out. It was obvious where Mortis now was, and it was made even more obvious by the appearance of a huge succubus wearing nothing at all. He was in hell. The succubus walked over to "welcome" the new arrival. The orange glow reflected off of her tanned skin, giving her a sinister look. She looked down at him and licked her lips.

"Wow he looks just delicious doesn't he Mera?"

Another equally huge succubus stepped through the flames that enveloped the area, as if they weren't even there. It looked like she wasn't affected by them. "Indeed he does Layerta." She also looked down with a wicked gaze. "Do you have any idea where you are mortal?"

Mortis looked up at the demonic women and smiled. "I do."

A puzzled look crossed the faces of the succubi as he smiled. "Well you must be thinking of somewhere else because you are in HELL." Said Layerta. "And you are going to stay here forever. Now, you are going to help me with something." She shot him a pleading look. "I am so very hungry, do you have anything for me to eat?" She asked wickedly.

He didn't reply. He just stood there smiling at both of them. Confusion changed to frustration as the succubi got annoyed with his attitude. The tyoical reaction for a new arrival was for them to be screaming at the top of their lungs. Why was this one different? "Awwww, he must be frozen in fear. Shall I show him what we eat around here Mera?"

Mera looked at her and grinned. "Go ahead. He won't be smiling in a minute."

Layerta bent down, put her hand on the ground and transfixed Mortis with a hypnotic gaze. "Little mortal, you are going to step on to my hand and I am going to swallow you whole. Don't try to run away, I have you under my spell now." Her mouth watered in anticipation. She enjoyed using this method to eat. It made her victims conform to her every whim. She could even make them actually WANT to be eaten!

He looked her directly in the eye. Stepping forward a few paces, he stopped just infront of her hand and gave her a cocky grin. "No."

Pure confusion hit both of the succubi, catching them completely off guard. No mere human could say no to the controller! "But thats impossible!" Screamed Layerta. "No mortal can resist this spell, it was taught to me by Satan himself!" She stared at Mortis in disbelief. He stared back and seductively said "Come on Laya, I thought you were smarter than this."

She was stunned by what he had said. Laya was her secret nickname that only one person knew. Someone who she used to have feelings for. Her face contorted with hatred as realization struck her. "YOU!! You are supposed to be dead Urael! I saw the dark lord obliterate you. There was nothing left!"

Urael cackled an inhuman laugh. "You can't keep a good demon down Laya. You of all people should know that. As for how I survived, you don't need to know. All you need to know is that I am here on business and that business involves you!"

He shot forward and grabbed the tip of her hand, that was still on the ground, and laughed maniacally as dark electricity coursed through her body, crippling her with intense pain. Mera quickly moved forward to help Layerta, but Urael shouted a threat. "Don't move bitch or she dies! You know I will do it."

Mera reluctantly backed off and could do nothing but watch as her friend cried out in pain. He proceeded to drain her lifeforce, laughing as he did so. "We were such a good couple Laya. The way you ate the unfortunate humans really turned me on. I could have watched you eat them all day." His voice got angry as he absorbed more of her lifeforce. "But you suddenly couldn't bear the thought of being with me could you! You fell in love with Mera. And when I told you that you were mine, you went to Satan! You told him I was corrupted by the light and that I planned to betray him. He killed me because of YOU!"

Urael could have killed Layerta so easily but he stopped before he completely drained her. "Thanks for the energy Laya. This should be enough to get my host back on his feet. The human world is far more interesting than this pitiful abyss of fire!" He slowly began to fade away but just before he disappeared, he had one more thing to say. "Tell the dark lord I said hi" And then he was gone, leaving the two succubi behind.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mortis suddenly felt life return to his shattered bones and lacerated flesh. He quickly looked at his body to assess the damage. It was BAD. His potion would heal his wounds but as he slowly reached for his satchel, he found that it was gone! It must have slid off during the fall. Without his potion, there was no way he would last much longer. He slowly and very painfully hauled himself to his feet. Every step sent a shock of incredible pain through his body, and every time he lifted his foot, he could hear his flesh squelch. It was a miracle that he was still alive, let alone walking around. And although he had no idea where he was going, Mortis felt compelled to keep moving.

After walking for what seemed to him like days, he saw a several plumes of smoke coming from a few shanty huts built under the shelter of a small mountain. He saw the huts and walked agonisingly slowly towards them. His vision became blurred as he entered the village. Despite his partial blindness, he could see vague shapes moving towards him. He suddenly collapsed heavily to the floor and the resulting pain caused him to black out. As his vision faded, he saw the sillouettes crowd around him until he fully passed out.

( To be continued >:3 )
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:57 am

Mhh an interesting twist here ^^
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:14 am

Quite an intriguing start! Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 am

Chapter 4: Out of the frying pan...

As Mort opened his eyes, he found that he was back in the safety and comfort of his home back on Vaun. He
looked around in disbelief and then quickly checked his body. There was no sign of damage anywhere.

"Wow what a crazy dream." He said to himself as he sat up. "What the hell did I smoke last night?"

He looked at the clock on his wall. It was 12 AM. He must have overslept. He grudgingly lifted himself out of
bed and wandered into the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. Just another normal
day. But all of a sudden, something miraculous caught his attention. Both of his eyes were blue! He just
stared for a while, rubbed his eyes and looked again and then pinched himself really hard. It wasn't a dream.

He tried to focus his energy, but nothing happened. It was really happening, he was back to normal! Mort,
suddenly full of energy, jumped around and cried out in celebration. He didn't know how it happened but it
did!

"I... I'm finally normal. I can be accepted by my own people once again" He said to himself as his eyes filled
up with tears of joy.

But as he went to leave the bathroom, he heard a cackling laugh that stopped him in his tracks and sent a chill down
his spine.

"Whose there?" He demanded with a suddenly frightened tone.

"Over here you fool" Said a strange voice coming from the mirror. He cautiously looked towards the mirror
and gasped in horror. BOTH his eyes were suddenly red! But before he could react, the
reflection in the mirror smiled a jagged grin and started to speak. "Greetings Mort. I've been wanting to speak
to you for nearly a century. "

"I... I don't understand." He said, confused. "Who are you?"

"I think you already know the answer to that question." Said the reflection while giving him a patronizing look.
"Do you enjoy you're newfound pathetic life? Isn't it a coincidence that you wake up perfectly normal?"

Mort pinched himself again and winced at the pain. "But... this is real isn't it?"

His reflection snapped at him. "You aren't very bright are you? Of course this is real but it couldn't exactly be
called life." He shot Mort a serious look. "You are dead Mortis. The gods have decided to be nice to you and
give you your own little slice of heaven despite the atrocities we have committed together. Unfortunately, I am
bonded to you and I need your physical body and mind in order to exist."

Mort looked at Urael and asked the obvious question. "But if I am dead why do you still exist?"

"Because you are still hanging on by a thread. Your soul is still attached to your body but in a few minutes,
you will cross over completely, and there will be no going back." Urael's arm reached out of the mirror and
glowed with a dim red light. It quickly extended across the room and grabbed onto Mort. "But I'm gonna bring
you back from the brink."

And then, with a thunderous roar, Urael pulled him through the mirror and sent him on a one way trip back to
Felarya.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Mort awoke in a cold sweat. He took in deep, ragged breaths and opened his eyes. He was in a hutmade of
various plants that have been expertly braided together to make a solid, waterproof structure. Out of the
window, a square hole cut in the side, he could see a few more huts that looked the same as this one. He was
in a village of some sort. The wasn't much inside the hut. Just the roll of skin he was lying on and a few bits
and bobs in the corners. And then he saw that his armour, sword, clothes and satchel were in one of the
corners. He looked down and saw that although he was previously in a horrible state, his smaller wounds
had completely healed and the bigger ones were starting to look better. He also saw that he was only
wearing his underwear. The tribe that lived here probably took his clothes off to heal him easier.

Suddenly, he heard voices approach the hut. As they got closer, he could make them out easier. One was
female and the other was male.

"You should have done more to help him." Said the female voice. "With your skills as a shaman you could
have prevented his death!"

The male voice shouted back "How many times do I have to explain this to you Rose! Why should we have
used nearly all our healing resources on one outsider? It would have been a waste."

"How can you say that?" Asked the female voice, now known as Rose "You are a shaman Saylar. It is your
duty to heal the sick and wounded."

The male voice, now known as Saylar, didn't respond immediately. After a few seconds Saylar responded
with a solemn tone. "No Rose. My duty is to heal as many people as possible. What if we helped the outsider
and then a few weeks later the whole village comes down with a disease? I'm sad that he died too but I
couldn't afford to save him."

They were silent for a few moments. "At least we will be able to sell his stuff and buy some more medicine
from Negav." Said Rose.

"Yes that is true." Said Skylar with a more cheerful tone "Come on, we can at least give him a proper burial."

And with that they entered the hut. A few seconds later, horrified screams came from Skylar and Rose as they saw
something they weren't prepared to see. A person who was dead a few minutes ago was now sat up and looking at them.

"You were dead!" Screamed both Rose and Skylar at the same time.

Mort didn't say anything as he was shocked at what they were. They were half-snake half-human people. Just like the
one he had encountered before but these were normal size. Both of them were Caucasian in their human
half. Rose had pink scales with a white underbelly, while Skylar had blue scales and a yellow underbelly.
Both were wearing nothing at all.

He looked at their horrified faces and wondered how he was going to explain.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ill try and make these more regularly but I have always got stuff to do.

Enjoy and comment. Your comments make this worthwhile. lol!

Last edited by Mortis on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumcoolguy,
Helpless prey
sumcoolguy,

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am

oh god, thats one hell of a situation to explain."um ya, I was brought back by the demon linked to my body. Don't worry though I'm fine." Laughing
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 am

Nagas: How are you alive?!?
My answer: Uhhh...42? I don't know.

Still not bad.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 am

I'm curious how he will explain that XP
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Chapter 5: ...And into the fire.

Many thoughts raced through Mort's mind as he sat there looking at them. They were still horrified, just like
anyone else would be. What could he possibly say to calm them? He decided that the only way would be to
tell them the truth. As crazy as it is, there was nothing else he could say. He started to open his mouth but
suddenly, Skylar spoke first.

"I know!" Exclaimed Skylar. "Rose, make him lay back down. The poor guy looks so confused." Rose pushed
Mort's upper body down so that he was lying on his back again.

"Listen" Skylar continued. "I know you must be really confused right now, but I know what happened to you. I
was in Negav 3 months ago to collect some healing supplies and in my spare time, I attended a lecture that
was being given by a human scientist. He spoke of a phenomenon where a patient's vital signs would stop.
But, a few seconds or even minutes later, the patient's heart starts beating again, all by itself!"

"What? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard." Said Rose.

Skylar replied "Thats what I thought too but look!" He pointed at Mort "There you have it, living proof!" He
quickly left the hut and shouted at the top of his voice. "THE HUMAN IS ALIVE! THE COMBINED MIGHT OF
SCIENCE AND SPIRITUAL HEALING HAS SAVED HIM!" The whole village flooded out of their huts and
made their way towards Skylar's hut to see this miracle for themselves.

Rose whispered to Mort "Maybe that is what happened, but Sky is blinded by science. I don't know how he
can call himself a true shaman." She looked right into his red eye and spoke again. "Personally, I think there
is a lot more to you than it would seem."

Just as she finished talking, a large crowd of nagas of all shapes, sizes and colors burst inside. The hut filled
with their various reactions. Some screamed, some left the hut in shock and some just stared with their
mouths wide open.

The days seemed to race by as Mort slipped in and out of conciousness, unable to maintain a conversation.
Despite the severity of his wounds, they were nearly completely healed within a few weeks. His accelerated
healing was due to the huge amount of life force that Urael had stolen from Layerta. He woke up properly for
the first time in weeks to find Rose leaning over him yet again. She always seemed to be there when he
temporarily woke previous times.

"Good morning!" She said with a cheerful smile. "You look a lot healthier today, maybe you are finally going
to get up?"

Mort sat up and groaned.

"Good, now can you tell me your name human?

Mort rubbed his eyes and stretched. "M...my name is Mort." He looked around the hut he was in and at the
other huts that could be seen out of the square doorway. "Where am I?

"You are in Scar Village. This place isn't well known because we are in the middle of the jungle. Its basically
a village where Nagas can live safely under the wing of our gaurdian. Is there anything else you want to
know?" She asked.

"Well..." He looked at her snake half. "What ARE you people?"

Rose was caught a little off gaurd by this question. "We like to be called Nagas. Didn't you know that?"

"No of course not." he replied. "I was barely here for a day before I nearly died."

Rose looked at him in disbelief. "Are you seriously trying to tell me that you are new to Felarya?"

"Well... yeah."

"Wow, you have a LOT to learn." She sighed. "I will give you the quick version. Just try not to freak out too
much ok? Basically, Felarya is the dimensional plane that we live on. It is a lush jungle world as you have
probably noticed. Felarya is a VERY dangerous place. Nearly everything that exists here eats something
smaller or the same size as it." She gave him a serious look "A lot of predators are WAY bigger than you or I
which puts us practically at the bottom of the food chain. Some of them are 100s of feet tall!"

"So how has this village avoided being eaten?" Mort asked.

"Because as I said earlier, we have a gaurdian. She is a giant Naga by the name of Scara."

Mort froze as he heard her name. The blood drained from his face and he suddenly felt very unsafe. He tried
not to let his fear show through too much and continued to ask Rose questions. "So why does she bother to
protect you?"

"She has a soft spot for her own kind. Many other giant nagas would eat us anyway but Scara is different.
She checks up on us regularly. Sometimes she comes here just to talk. I guess it must be lonely being so
big. In fact, she passed through a few days ago actually, it was shame that you missed her. She was really
upset because someone had blinded her in one of her eyes." Mort was really scared now. "She said she
would be back today, maybe you would like to meet her?"

"NO!" Yelped Mort in desperation. "I mean... I don't really want to be eaten just yet so I think I will pass"

Rose wasn't that suprised by his reaction. "Its not what you think, she would NEVER harm anyone who we
considered a friend. She is actually a really nice person and is quite fun to talk too."

"But..."

"Oh don't be such a baby! I promise she won't hurt you." Snapped Rose "Besides, you aren't going anywhere
just yet. If you try and leave this village without some training I can GARUNTEE that you will be eaten." She
took a few deep breaths and calmed down a bit. "We are having some lunch soon, we all eat together in the
huge hut to your right as you leave. Surely you can make you're own way there."

And then she left, leaving Mort to wonder what the hell he was going to do. Rose had promised him that
Scara would not hurt him but he had his doubts. After all, he had blinded one of her eyes! However, he also
knew that leaving the safety of the village is not an option in his current condition. It seemed that meeting his
biggest foe face to face was inevitable.

Would Scara forgive him? Or would she prefer revenge?

He pushed the horrible thoughts from his mind and slowly got up. It was a bright and cheerful morning that
contradicted the dark times ahead. He found that his stuff was still in the corner, but as he started to get
dressed he noticed that all the cuts in the leather of his armour had been stitched up and the steel plates had
been polished. He reminded himself to thank whoever had done it as he attached his sword to his belt and
walked out of the hut, into the blinding sunshine.

He saw about 7 huts of different sizes, the biggest being the one to his right. The others were arranged in a
circle around the big one. He also saw a flimsy perimeter fence, made from jungle foliage, that surrounded
the whole village. Not much of a defense, Mort thought to himself. As he made his way to the "Dining Hall" he
noticed that the villlage was empty. They were probably all eating. Mort stopped outside of the hut and took a
deep breath. He could hear the sounds of people talking and laughing, which was probably a good sign. He
took another breath and stepped inside.

All talking and eating stopped as soon as he entered. About 15 or so Nagas sat on rugs were silently staring
at him, which made him extremely uncomfortable. "Uhh... hi." He mumbled as he found an empty space and
sat down. Rose got up and sat down beside him.

"Its very rude to stare" She said darkly. The room immediatly resumed talking and looked away. Rose shook
her head and looked at Mort. "Would you like me to get you something to eat?" She asked.

He met her gaze and didn't answer. Her eyes were a light shade of purple and practically glowed when the
sun shone in. They were full of life, not unlike a real rose at the peak of its beauty. He could see his reflection
in her irises. He looked tired and ill, a stark contrast to her.

Rose snapped him out of his daydream as she broke eye contact and spoke again. "I'm going to get you
some food anyway, you look like you need it." Within a few seconds she was holding a large piece of exotic
looking fruit in her hands. "Here, eat this. It will make you feel better."

He reached out and took it. It was some sort of native fruit. He cautiously bit into it and was shocked by its
delicious flavour. Suddenly, he realised how hungry he was and wasted no time in eating the fruit, ravenously
tearing it apart. But just as he was about to eat the final bite, he saw Rose produce a tiny human from a jar
with holes in the lid. Before he could react, she lifted the tiny person up, dropped him into her mouth and
moaned in delight as she swallowed him whole.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked in shock.

She looked at him as if he was an idiot. "Oh don't worry about it Mort they are tinies, the absolute bottom of
the food chain. We eat them, nekos eat them, even humans eat them. They are used to it. Do you want to try
one?"

"No way. I can't eat a tiny person" He replied. His encounter with Scara flashed through his mind.

"Well would you like some more fruit instead?" She asked in a patronising tone.

"No thanks I've suddenly lost my appetite. Thanks for the fruit though, it was great." He got up and quickly
walked out of the hut. He kept on walking untill he reached the gate and then stopped. Dashing off into the
jungle would only get him killed. And besides, was it really so bad? Maybe he could get used to eating tinies,
just like the other people in this place are. He turned around and headed back to the hut to apologise for
storming out.

But all of a sudden, he felt the all too familiar feeling of being lifted into the air by something far bigger than
him. When he saw who his assailant was, he once again felt the blood drain from his face and his skin grew
colder as he took in who it was.

It was Scara. One of her eyes was blank and glazed over, but the other burnt with the fires of revenge as she smiled wickedly at him. His terrified mind could only process one sentence.

"Can we talk about this?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I made this chapter a lot longer than usual and I hope to do the same to future chapters.

Please comment as usual. Your comments keep me going. lol!

Last edited by Mortis on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:37 am

Whoo, this is going to be bad for Mort.

Good job with the descriptive language and increase in length.
Punctuation error in paragraph 3, "patients" twice is missing an apostrophe. Rediculous is a misspelling. "Ridiculous". Paragraph 4.

other than that its a nice story. You have my approval, good sir. Smile
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:50 am

Well...Your screwed. Maybe You'll get lucky. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for pointing out those spelling errors, I forgot to run it through a spellchecker. Its difficult to proof read your own work. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 am

hehe things are sure becoming interesting XD I'm really curious to see how he get out of that one Razz
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I do believe he may be doomed but hey miracles do happen.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 am

Bloody hell its been a long time since the last chapter hasn't it? I'm really sorry about that for anyone who wants to know what happens next. You see, my parents have been at each others throats for the last two months and with christmas and the new year thrown in, it makes for a very stressful life. Sad

It even got to the point where they were going to divorce each other, but my timely intervention only just saved the day. And so, I can now devote more of my time to writing. Laughing

The next chapter is nearly done and will be posted shortly. In the meantime, don't be afraid to tell me what you think of it so far. I can only get better sweatdrop

I hope...
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 am

(Here it is! Whew, I'm sorry yet again for taking so long but now that my personal problems are over I promise to update more regularly. Smile
Read on! Comment and enjoy! Hopefully...)

Chapter 6: That BURNING feeling...

"No we can't talk about this, we tried that before remember?" Scara growled. "You permanently damaged me in more ways than one." She gripped him tight. "I don't know how you survived that fall, but you aren't going to get away this time!"

"But I-" Before Mort could finish his sentence, Scara stuffed him in her mouth. She used her tongue to quickly move him around. After all, she didn't want him to burn her again. Her plan was working, he couldn't gather any energy while bouncing around. He was far too dizzy for that. A few seconds later, her stomach growled impatiently, and with a practised flick of her tongue he was sent towards the back of the throat. He desperately tried to stop himself from sliding down, but before he could grab onto anything, she tilted her head back and swallowed. His struggling did nothing as her powerful throat muscles pulled him all the way down to her stomach. He splashed into the acid feet first. After unbuckling his sword, he lifted both it and his satchel above the acid. His armour would stop it for a while, but it wouldn't hold forever. Desperately, he tried to think of way to escape from this fleshy tomb before it was too late.

A while later, Rose finished enjoying her meal and exited the main hut. She wanted to apologise to Mort. Offering a newcomer to Felarya a Tiny to eat wasn't the best thing you could do, and his reaction was to be expected. She cursed herself, she should have known he would react like that. And now he could have run off into the jungle thinking that her whole village was evil. Rose really hoped he hadn't run off. She was just starting to like him.

Suddenly, Rose saw Scara looming high above the village entrance. She made her way over to greet her.

"Hiya Scara" She yelled. "How are you doing?"

Scara looked down and replied in a jolly way. "Oh hi Rose I'm doing fine. How about you?"

"I'm trying to find a friend of mine, did you see him pass by you?" She asked.

"Maybe, what were the colour of his scales?"

"He doesn't have any scales actually, he's a human that wears black leather armour with steel plates. Basically he sticks out like a sore thumb, you can't miss him"

Scara hesitated. She didn't know what to say to her. Rose was her dearest friend. They had known each other for decades and had a solid friendship. And so, if she found out that she had eaten one of her friends, Rose would never forgive her.

"I err, haven't seen anyone like that. Maybe he-*BURP*!" She accidentally let out a loud belch. Her face suddenly had "GUILTY" written all over it. It was obvious she had eaten him.

"YOU ATE HIM?!" Screamed Rose. "Spit him out right now!"

Scara got angry back. "Why should I? He blinded my eye! I deserve revenge don't you think!?"

"It was Mort?" Answered Rose, suprised by what she said. "Listen to me Scara. You have to understand that if he did do it, he did it because he was scared for his life. He has been through a lot and I consider him my friend. Please spit him out. If not for him, do it for me" She pleaded.

Scara thought about it for a while. Mort had blinded her, how could she let him off so easily? Regardless, her friendship with Rose was stronger than her desire for revenge. Finally, she was defeated.

"Ok Rose. I will spit him out, but I am doing this for you. Not for him."

Meanwhile, Mort was still trying to figure out how to escape. The flesh of her stomach looked far too thick to slice through and too resiliant to magical damage. It was hopeless. But suddenly, her stomach got smaller, and he felt himself be gripped by her throat muscles again. But this time they pulled him back UP the way he came in. Bright sunlight blinded him as he tumbled out of Scara's mouth and into her open hand.

"You are one lucky human you know that!" She shouted at him "I don't let prey hurt me and get away with it. But fortunately for you, Rose seems to have taken a liking to you. So I'm going to let you go, but don't think this means I forgive you! If not for her, you would have been my dinner."

He stood up and tried to brush some of the gunk of of him, and to his suprise, ripped the leather of his armor!"Bloody hell! It looks like you spat me out in the nick of time, another few hours and I would have been soup!" He shuddered at the thought. "I guess I owe you both one, so if either of you need anything, consider it done."

Scara smiled at the offer. "I'll keep that in mind human. Looks like I'm off, I only came to check in and see how you are doing. But now I'm going to find something to eat. She slithered away into the jungle.

Mort turned to Rose. "Sorry I stormed off like that. Its just hard to get used too you know?" She moved forward and went to hug him but then remembered that he was currently covered in slime. "I hate to do it now but I'm calling in the favour you owe me. Skylar needs some new medical supplies, the whole village could use a roll or two of assorted cloth and I personally would like a bottle of Fedarina Wine."

He stood there, bewildered at the sudden string of instructions. She laughed and handed him a piece of paper. "Don't worry you idiot. I wrote all of this down. I've also written directions to Negav. Now come inside and clean that gunk off, I've got a basic linen top and bottoms that used to belong to another friend of mine." She looked a little sad. "He... won't need them anymore. So your welcome to have them."

"Negav" Mort said aloud. "Sounds like a city. But where is it? Oh well, I'd better get this stuff off. Its barely holding together as it is." He walked into the hut and began to undress, or rather peel the half dissolved leather off. Reaching out to pull off his underwear, he noticed Rose standing in the corner. She bit her bottom lip lightly in anticipation.

"Erm, could I have a little privacy please?" He asked. Her face fell and she walked sulkily out of the hut. Clearly, she was disappointed. Mort continued undressing and quickly put on the clothes she mentioned earlier. They were a size too big but he didn't mind. Baggy clothes are good for hot environments.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)   The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Quest for an Answer. *Chap 6 is finally up! Enjoy :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next