Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Quote :
Another question has there been open street warfare in Negav? Like between Law enforcement and Crimminals

Most likely. Parts of Negav are similar to the old west in terms of lawlessness and danger, and between personal weapons and magic, most everyone is going to be armed in some way or another. Stuff like that would probably only happen in the Low District or The Pit though, where the crime-rate is higher, and there is less law enforcement. The Middle and Upper districts are better off in both regards.

Quote :
Are there drug lords in Negav?

Hmm, not sure. In order to have drug lords, you need drug laws. While there would be some, most likely. I doubt Negavian laws are going to be as strict as those of the US. ...Especially considering that with the healing factor, there will be almost no chance for permanent damage or death from drug use, unless you just flat-out overdose by doing massive amounts at once.

Keep in mind, there's going to be people coming and going from dozens of different worlds, all of which will have different views on what a "drug" is.

Quote :
Has there been shootouts/ hostage situations in negav and how has those been handeld?
Has there been Stand-off between heavily armed suspects and law enforcement which has last a day or more?

That really depends where it takes place. In the Low District and The Pit, its going to be up to the local militia, or possibly even private security forces/mercs that are hired to help. In the Middle and Upper districts, the law enforcement is a bit more organized. It also depends who is being held hostage. If it is someone really important or influencial, then VISA, the ISD or the Isolon Fist may even get involved...and, well, then those hostage takers are pretty much screwed.

Quote :
Just how high is the level of crrouption amoung law enforcement agents?

Once again, its highly situational and depends who needs help and where. I mean, there are about a half-dozen different law enforcement groups in Negav, several of which serve either the Vishmitals or Magiocrats directly.

Quote :
Has there been Bombing in Negav to law enforcement or policatcal figures or the attempt of so? ( In Example letter bombs, or even a Truck bomb even if it happened only once)

Those kinds of things only really happened during the power-struggles between the Vishmitals and Magiocrats. You don't really see bombings anymore because everything has settled into a status-quo. You won't see bombings from regular criminals. There's no reason for it. Bombings are used for terrorism and sabotage.

Quote :
Just how sever is the crack downs on criminals.

Depends. There's going to be smaller local jails and holding cells for the average criminals...but you do have that huge dungeon complex deep underground that the Magiocrats run. Just depends what the crime is, and who exactly you piss off in the process.

Quote :
Do law enforcemnt agents even Train for the real possabilty of Urban Guerrilla warfare or have faced it in the past 30 or so years? ( which i must say is very much different then what the first question means.)

They live in a sprawling urban city full of people from other worlds that can be armed with swords, spears, guns, other offworld weaponry and magic. I imagine they train quite a bit for urban warfare situations. Most of the fighting in Negav, primarly back when the Magiocrats or Vishmitals were fighting for power, was made up of small skirmishes, usually in secret. Open warfare is bad for trade, and bad for civillian morale and public opinion.

Quote :
Has there been any Propoganda Marchs in Negav?

Probably not. There probably were some public announcments and celebrations back when the Magiocrats first took power and pulled the city back from the brink of destruction. After that, not so much. There's no real need for propaganda marches. Most Negavians like the Magiocrats. Their Isolon Eye keeps the city protected from the predators, and their dimensional gate keeps Negav connected with the rest of the universe.

Also, for more in-depth answers to the law-enforcement stuff, you should probably PM Cauldron. He came up with most of what's in the wiki about Negavian law enforcement.

Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Quote :
Not to forget that when they form their Fire Legions everything turns tail and runs regardless if they are bloodclaw apes or not. So an invasion by a large group of Bloodclaw apes would probably doom the entirety of the Jungle of Perils and anything close by.
I know the bloodclaw ape swarms are huge, but I don't think they're that big. You're talking of wiping out an entire jungle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm

I always figured their Legions they would level anything that might threaten their home. Although as far as total destruction of the forest? I guess I left my answer a bit to vague sorry sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Quote :
Not to forget that when they form their Fire Legions everything turns tail and runs regardless if they are bloodclaw apes or not. So an invasion by a large group of Bloodclaw apes would probably doom the entirety of the Jungle of Perils and anything close by.
I know the bloodclaw ape swarms are huge, but I don't think they're that big. You're talking of wiping out an entire jungle.
Their swarms can reach 12,000 strong, seemingly as an average.

The Wiki wrote:
They usually travel in swarms more than twelve thousand strong, and they ravage all in their wake: trees and living beings both. If you ever hear their terrible and recognizable shouts, don't think, just flee.

Where the bloodclaws swarms come from remain a mystery. They periodically warp in to the jungle of peril, laying waste to everything for miles around, then vanish just as quickly as they came. The cycle seems to repeat itself every few years. That seems to be a phenomenon that has repeated itself since time immemorial. Even tablets from the Ur-Sagol era mention them.

"Swarms" implies a plural / multiple active at any one time, so there might be - during a Bloodclaw rampage - anywhere from 24,000+ Bloodclaws rampaging around at any one point. It's quite understandable why most Giant Predators canonically run from a Swarm: Even if you can crush a dozen with each swipe of your hand, kill a hundred with a bolt large fireballs, you're looking at thinning less than 1% with the fireball example, and .1%-ish with your swipe. You might as well try fighting an angry Killer Bee hive with a molotov and pair of baseball bats, but make the Killer Bees into those Japanese Wasps that can kill a hive with something like a half-dozen of said wasp.

A solitary Crimson Maiden v a solitary Bloodclaw Ape? Ape's going to get roasted, in the same manner that single human v single killer bee is going to end "Human possibly gets stung, bee gets flung to ground and stomped." Crimson Maiden v Bloodclaw Swarm? Unless it has a deathwish, it will run. Most probably to notify other Crimson Maidens in the area what's up, so as to avoid them getting taken by surprise and dealing with an enemy with a couple hundred-to-one number edge in their favor (as well as fanatical morale and the ability to harm 'em in hand-to-hand) in unfavorable terms. Group of Crimson Maidens v Swarm of Bloodclaw Apes? How big's the Crimson Maiden group, as the options are either "Roast the Apes" or "Avoid": Collateral doesn't become a concern when Bloodclaw Apes are rampaging through an area with the population of a small city.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 am

When was the Tenebris War declared and how long has it lasted? It's rather important to two characters of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:33 am

The tenebris war ended about 2 centuries ago but lasted for a little less than one millenia. Yeah when Hell and Heaven fight each others they don't do it halfway ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:54 am

So that would means that Chibeh Menyssan was born by the end of it and "led" a unit when around roughly one century old.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 pm

most likely
also the building types in negav are they like something you'll find in New york city or tokoyo or france or are the nudbrick buildings?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Stone and wood. The city has plenty of both.
Would probably be Mud-brick outside the walls if it was used.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:01 am

AJ, none of the buildings in Negav look like it's made of stone and wood. Look at the pictures Karbo made. They're of anything but stone and wood.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 am

Some of the poorer classes who came to negav and couldn't find housing may have just made wooden shacks, maybe, but that's still a theory of mine.

Really when I look at Negav I see some sort of masonry crossed with steel building. Some kind of fusion between the two.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Some of the poorer classes who came to negav and couldn't find housing may have just made wooden shacks, maybe, but that's still a theory of mine.

Really when I look at Negav I see some sort of masonry crossed with steel building. Some kind of fusion between the two.
my thoughts too but anyway
Question: is their Internet in Negav or even in Felarya at all?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:17 am

It'd probably be restricted to small communities of highly advanced civilizations.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 am

thank you, just wanted to know because anna's computer in some of karbo's comics has the percived capablity to acess the internet as demostrated by Vivian Razz
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 am

It was written as a joke.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:02 am

The buildings in Negav look to be, from pictures of them, advanced stoneworking.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 pm

You can have stone builds and then cover them with plaster or mortar to give them a smooth finish.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 am

On the wiki, it says that humanoid beings have their bones and teeth slowly replaced by magical elements due to the water they drink and the food they eat. As this process would likely affect skin, flesh, and other body parts as well, what eventually becomes of these humanoids when they are completely "converted"?

Last edited by Jasconius on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am

I personally see it as bad wording. It's more like the people's body either becomes more sensitive to magic, which would explain all the spellcasters, the body becomes stronger thanks to magic reinforcing their bones and all, or both.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 am

I agree with Sean there.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 am

Are there any gorges in Felarya? I don't mean cliff faces or canyons, I mean actual gorges...

Though to be more specific for those who want it, I mean gorges that are listed and described on the wiki and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Well, technically, gorge is just another word for canyon, coming from the French word for "throat." The terms can be used interchangeably, I believe.

So yes, there are canyons on Felarya, but none that I know are referred to by the name gorge. There is the yet to be totally defined canyon between the Elifga Valley and the Direwind Hills, for example.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Yeah I had the suspicion that might be one, but I wasn't sure. Is that the only place?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Alright i have a question:

were tomthumbs there since the beginning of felarya of have they arrived after? by "beginning of felarya" i mean like, the beginning of the world itself, not in karbo's head Razz

also, same thing for neeras...

thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Ahh, considering that, as far as I know, the beginnings of Felarya have yet to truly be explained, I would imagine that's an impossible question to answer. Is anything native to Felarya? Is anything unique to Felarya? Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next