Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde

Go down 
+7
MrNobody13
Jætte_Troll
TheLightLost
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Archmage_Bael
Shady Knight
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Ivelnelah

Ivelnelah is a snowbound heavenly realm and is often referred to as Acheron's counterpart. Unlike the unforgiving, frigid wastelands of Acheron, Ivelnelah is covered in a vast expense of tundra and evergreen trees, its fauna is docile to benevolent souls, and blizzards are all but unheard of. It is cold enough to require one to dress warmly, but never goes down to unbearably low temperatures. While it is ever snowing, snow rarely piles over a few inches in height. Ivelnelah is noteworthy for its breathtakingly massive mountain ranges and its ice caverns. Ivelnelah's frozen caves are truly a sight to behold, being made of nothing but solid, clear ice. Its stalactites and stalagmites are so clear, they're very often confused for crystals. Another site to behold are Ivelnelah's frozen lake. For reasons unknown, the snow never amasses on its ice, and like its caverns, it is so clear, one can see fishes swimming nonchalantly below the surface, almost as if one was standing on a invisible sheet of slippery glass.

Just like Acheron, Ivelnelah is home to numerous cities, which is where most souls spend their time. The interiors are quite cozy and native angels are especially hospitable, offering shelter to newly arrived souls who would otherwise freeze outside. Atop some of its mountains are enormous palaces sculpted entirely out of ice, said to be the residence of major ice gods. Ivelnelah's nights are a sight to behold. At that time, the falling snow almost look like tiny specks of light, and auroras are common occurrences in its many snowfields.

Last edited by Shady Knight on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

The only problem I have with that idea is the name. How in Heaven's name am I supposed to say that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:15 am

Pronounce it the spanish way, just how it's written =P
Jokes aside, I like the idea of a cold heaven. I don't know about others, but I tend to imagine it being a nice and cosy place, so the notion of it being cold is like, something I'd never have thought. Pretty nice. You make it sound really beautiful too.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Added the notion of ice palaces for them major ice gods.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 pm

It should also be the main distribution center in heaven for...heavenly ice cream. You know you want ice cream. You love it, you cannot exist without it, your existence is meaningless without ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
It should also be the main distribution center in heaven for...heavenly ice cream. You know you want ice cream. You love it, you cannot exist without it, your existence is meaningless without ice cream.
You forget the ice cubes for the angelic beverages. Specially the alcoholic ones.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Alcoholic ice cubes? I'd like to try some vodka ice cubes. :3
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 am

I don't know about the alcoholic ones, but I've drank coke with coke ice cubes more than once. Maybe coke with whiskey cubes? (Or was it rum? I don't know much of alcoholic mixes.)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:35 am

I'd appreciate if you didn't clog the thread with your off-topic rambling.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

Thunder Steed (Better name pending)

Size: 8-10 ft
Threat: Moderate alone High in group

Thunder steeds are herd animals found exclusively in the Great Rocky Field. They have the appearances of large, black horses with blank, milky white eyes, and constantly surrounded with arcing electricity. They are colloquially referred to as Black Unicorns for the horn sprouting out of their foreheads. This horn is actually a lightning rod, which they use to attract the lightning of the storms. This electricity is stored within their body, which they can release either as an electrical blast from their horn, or wreathe themselves in a cloak of lightning. Using too much stored electricity leaves them tired, forcing them to draw more from the thunderclouds. Thunder Steeds are aggressive beasts, and unlike horses, are carnivorous and won't hesitate to make a meal out of any unfortunate traveler they may come across. They form herds which are led by a Grand Thunder Steed.

Last edited by Shady Knight on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Grand Thunder Steed

Size: 45-50 ft
Threat: High

Huge black unicorns wreathed in lightning, Grand Thunder Steed are the result of thunder steeds who have survived and stored enough electricity to experience a sudden growth spurt. These rare and fearsome beasts are far more vicious than their smaller cousins, and attack practically any creature in sight, the only exception being other thunder steeds. The stomping of their hooves produce thunderous noise, and they sometimes rear back and slam their frontal hooves down to stun their prey or enemy. Their great strength and endurance, as well as their ability to shoot devastating lightning blasts makes them formidable adversaries to even the mighty centaurs and blue sphinxes. Rumors say that Grand Thunder Steeds have the power to summon thunderstorms by neighing at the sky. Such a claim has never been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Hmm, the Black Unicorns are quite metal. I would recommend you not to call 'em thunder steeds, though, as no one will be riding a black unicorn- except Voltaire.

Let's see, horse-related words... bronco, colt, filly, foal, gelding, mare, mustang, equine, stallion, charger, nag, destrier. You could call 'em black chargers for shocking pun potential or thunderbolt destriers so it sounds even more metal.

Aside from that, this looks good- except that I don't see these things being such a bother as to rank Medium. You should make them Medium in groups, High to vehicles, Low to Medium alone.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:17 pm

They don't go after vehicles since they have no interest in them, so giving them a rank for vehicles is pointless. I also gave them a high rank because they are a threat to humans. I suppose they're like bloodclaw apes, only slightly more reasonable and common. I find the concept of giving animals a different threat level if they're a group idiotic because the wiki itself says that said animals are almost always in group, so why even bother? Finding one alone should be an anomaly, thus not an accurate representation of the common danger you face when they're involved. Lastly, I'm going to keep the name Thunder Steed for now because, quite frankly, I don't like any of the names you suggested. They just don't sound right with me and I'd much prefer a name that isn't a breed or a term for type of horses, partly because it's misnomer, partly because it's pretty lazy, and partly because it doesn't have a nice ring to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 am

Thorndyles

Thorndyles are a semi-common bramble plant mostly found in Tolmeshal Forest. They appear as typical thorny bushes, although they can easily be recognized by the bright red and blue rose flowers growing on them, but they sometimes can be found growing alongside other trees. The thorns are poisonous and they inject their venom upon contact with flesh. It isn't lethal in normal doses, but on the onset, it saps the victim of its strength and leaves it lightheaded, as if it had suddenly fallen ill. On the flipside, it is often harvested by tribes of elves and nekos who wish to poison their weapons, and antitoxins made from its extracts can be bought for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Floro python

Size: 150 ft long
Threat: High

Floro pythons are a strange species of giant constrictor snakes. At first glance, they look like ordinary brown snakes. However, floro pythons have a very peculiar hunting method. When lying perfectly still in ambush, their skin secretes a strange substance which causes grass and flowers to grow all over their bodies. Needless to say, this make floro pythons extremely difficult to spot, unless you are very knowledgeable in the area and notice the ground is suddenly higher. When they attack, however, the camouflage is shaken off in the process. Floro pythons are very voracious and will eat whatever passes by them. When they have eaten a large meal, they stay camouflaged until it is completely digested. For a few days, they remain fast asleep and, thankfully, are next to impossible to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Syssylis

Syssylis are some of the strangest poisonous plants ever discovered. They are tiny pink flowers with massive, broad green leaves growing exclusively in areas covered in unnatural darkness. The leaves are coated in thick, slimy toxic sap which it constantly secretes. It its highly lethal when ingested, however, when absorbed by the skin, it instead causes blindness. The effects are temporary and only lasts for a few hours. Considering the conditions necessary for growth, botanists are puzzled why its poison has such a redundant secondary effect.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:25 pm

I think its an interesting plant. So there could a whole pool of the stuff somewhere that someone could accidentally step in if they're not careful?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde   Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shady's Brankrupt Idea Horde
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4