Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mr. I's Idea Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Mr. I

Mr. I's Idea Thread Empty
PostSubject: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:13 pm

So I have this idea for a new species of plant: Shimmer weed.

This fairly common and can be found most everywhere. It absorbs heat energy from whatever sun happens to be in orbit to Felarya, and slowly releases it at night, utilizing bio-luminescence to give off a bluish light.

What's interesting about it is that it will continue to give off light, even after it's been picked. As long as it is in contact with some of Felarya's soil, and access to some source of ambient heat it will continue to give off light. When drawing in heat, it will lower the surrounding area by only 1 or 2 degrees F. Because of this, it is useful for lighting caves, or dark burrows. Provided it has some contact to dirt. It is advised that you not walk around with any of this plant at night though.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Mr. I wrote:
So I have this idea for a new species of plant: Shimmer weed.

This fairly common and can be found most everywhere. It absorbs heat energy from whatever sun happens to be in orbit to Felarya, and slowly releases it at night, utilizing bio-luminescence to give off a bluish light.

What's interesting about it is that it will continue to give off light, even after it's been picked. As long as it is in contact with some of Felarya's soil, and access to some source of ambient heat it will continue to give off light. When drawing in heat, it will lower the surrounding area by only 1 or 2 degrees F. Because of this, it is useful for lighting caves, or dark burrows. Provided it has some contact to dirt. It is advised that you not walk around with any of this plant at night though.
That is just brilliant! :O I mean we don't have it, as far as I know, and light is always useful in Felarya! <.< Just as the predators. Where is it most common?
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:17 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
That is just brilliant! :O I mean we don't have it, as far as I know, and light is always useful in Felarya! <.< Just as the predators. Where is it most common?
Anywhere that gets some amount of sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm

I made an idea almost exactly like this, flowers that give off a blueish glow at night. I called them "fairy tears".
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:34 am

So. New idea. How about a waiting list to use the dimensional gates? If there's so many people that come to Felarya by accident, and they make it to either Negav's or Ur-Sagol's dimensional gates, there must be people that have gotten there first/have a higher priority. Businesses and organizations going to and from Felarya for various reasons has to keep the gate in heavy if not constant use. Order and organization has to be maintained somehow with so many people and materials moving around.

I think it makes logical sense to have a sort of waiting list or scheduled times when a certain party can use the gate freely. Legitimate companies and shady groups could potentially bribe their way up depending on the cargo and urgency of the shipment. I can imagine the list would move somewhat quickly, With moments in-between for the gate to readjust to a new destination.

Just a thought I had as I was writing a story.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 am

Ah that's interesting Smile It could be some sort of tickets actually. A bit like a train station.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. I's Idea Thread   Mr. I's Idea Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. I's Idea Thread
Page 1 of 1