Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parameciumkid started an idea thread.

Go down 
+4
Qwuillin
Ilceren
Archmage_Bael
parameciumkid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Empty
PostSubject: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Peer pressure got to me, boredom, yadda yadda yadda as with the character thread. This post is an index of all ideas I post here.
Now that I finally have an idea that isn't a joke (a while back I posted a gag idea about the "Spice Girl", a half-girl half-spicy pepper that lives in the Akaptor Desert) I have to start a thread so I can post it...

INDEX OF IDEAS:
Idea:_______________ Page:
Deep-sea Mermaid.........this page
Basilisk of Paradise........this page
Spice Girl (gag idea).......this page

DEEP-SEA MERMAID:
Spoiler:

Last edited by parameciumkid on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:04 pm

I'd really like some feedback on this idea, I'm starting to feel bad that nobody has anything to say about it after all the time I put in.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Its difficult to gauge my time on a trip, but I'll start by saying I DO like this idea, if not its a bit creepy, seeing those lights deep deep underwater...
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow, it looks like a really well-thought idea. After I've read it, I couldn't think of anything that's lacking or could be wrong (I haven't looked that deep into Mermaids yet, though).
Hm, now that I think about it, I do have a question. You state that the light emission is meant to provide camouflage when seen from below. That means these Mermaids have predators? Maybe you could develop those too.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:55 pm

The only flaw I can think of is that the photophore below the eye could break the mermaids camouflage, but other than that, its an awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:33 pm

omg you've been working on deep sea mermaids as well, well if possible I'd like to help out with this project big time Cool
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:14 pm

You've been making deep-sea mermaids? I did not know of this, where can I see / read about them?
Also the photophore under the eye, like all the others, is controlled voluntarily and can be turned off.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm

oh cool just like the deep sea fish in nature^^

well right here http://metalnazo.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&offset=24#/d4gu12j

I made it last year in the mermaid ideas but it hasn't been bothered with for some time.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Felaryan Basilisk of Paradise
Spoiler:
The result of a Bird of Paradise egg being hatched by a toad while in Felarya. The Basilisk of Paradise is a large predator with a very odd means of catching its prey: looking into its eyes will cause a victim to be frozen on the spot, not due to any magical powers but because of the creature's ridiculous appearance - they'll be stuck thinking "huh???" until the Basilisk of Paradise eats them.

Spice Girl
A gag idea I posted a while back in the "Desert Species" thread.
Tauric race, half human female (usually), half spicy pepper.
They have trouble moving because the lower half of their body is a fruit.
Spice Girls love listening to pop music and go by the motto "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends" - a clear indication of their highly gregarious nature.

This species is easy prey for pretty much everything, but few creatures actually bother to hunt them down after catching one for the first time and having to dash for the nearest source of water to wash down the spicy taste.

Related species: Pussycat Dolls, Hollaback Girls

Last edited by parameciumkid on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Felaryan Basilisk of Paradise
The result of a Bird of Paradise egg being hatched by a toad while in Felarya. The Basilisk of Paradise is a large predator with a very odd means of catching its prey: looking into its eyes will cause a victim to be frozen on the spot, not due to any magical powers but because of the creature's ridiculous appearance - they'll be stuck thinking "huh???" until the Basilisk of Paradise eats them.

Spice Girl
A gag idea I posted a while back in the "Desert Species" thread.
Tauric race, half human female (usually), half spicy pepper.
They have trouble moving because the lower half of their body is a fruit.
Spice Girls love listening to pop music and go by the motto "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends" - a clear indication of their highly gregarious nature.

This species is easy prey for pretty much everything, but few creatures actually bother to hunt them down after catching one for the first time and having to dash for the nearest source of water to wash down the spicy taste.

Related species: Pussycat Dolls, Hollaback Girls

What makes a Basilisk of Paradise look so odd? You didn't say in yoru descreption but I have to say I like the idea of a creature that uses it's own weird looks to make people stop dead in their tracks instead of by magic. Laughing

The Spice Girl idea is amusing. I rather fidn the ide aof a giant half pepper woman jumping about trying to capture humans hilarious and perhaps only out done by the idea of a neko laughing an rolling around on the floor a safe distance away and then being caught embarrassingly!
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Update! Made a diagram / info sheet about the Basilisk of Paradise. See above.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:01 am

Ah those spice girls share a bit of humor that we don't see much on the forums these days. That was funny.

Jedi Explorer pretty much summed it up though; if you want to make the Basilisk serious, you'll need to describe its looks a bit more, in addition to providing the size for us, and the threat level.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Uh... I did. Exactly what you said... ?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:03 pm

You need to be specific. Describe how ugly it is in detail, gruesome detail if must be, as that is where it's "abilities" are drawn from.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
You need to be specific. Describe how ugly it is in detail, gruesome detail if must be, as that is where it's "abilities" are drawn from.
The profile specifically indicated its' powers came from its' bizarreness, not from ugliness. It certainly doesn't look ugly to me. Of course, it doesn't look so bizarre that I feel I would be frozen in place were I to encounter one either. Of course, it would be next to impossible to actually draw something like that... unless you're Ao Usagi, King of WTF.
http://donmai.us/post/show/1080487/ao_usagi-areolae-costume-gloves-kuma_-persona_4-lo
Ahem.
But onto the Deep-Sea Mermaid. I likes it. Looks kind of emaciated and creepy, but what else would one expect of abyssal creatures? Are they half opaque so that their photophores aren't visible from above as well? Even if it is, I'd imagine there's some danger of a corona of light, especially if there's a lot of sediment in the water around it. It also appears to have breasts, and while this is Felarya, and therefore boobs tend to be on creatures that really wouldn't need them (or want them, as the case may be for Harpies) I want to ask: do the females nurse their young?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Been a long time since I posted an idea, so here's one I've been mulling over a little recently. You know how Deeper Felarya is said to have larger predators than the rest of (known) Felarya and rumor has it that as you go farther north they just get bigger?
Well here's a character / location I thought up:
Far to the north, well beyond the charted lands of Felarya, lives a giantess whose incredible bulk puts ordinary Felaryan giants to shame. She might well be the largest giantess in the world, or perhaps others exist even more gigantic. In any case, her size makes her so incredibly heavy that she rarely moves, as the energy to propel herself would necessitate consuming thousands of times what any other giant would call a meal. In fact, she has been lying motionless for so long that some have started to doubt she was ever able to stand up or walk in the first place. Even lying down though, she looms several stories tall and dwarfs everything around her.
Now who is it that might be conjecturing about her ability to move? Why none other than the inhabitants of the village that surrounds and partially covers her body. No other predators dare come near her, affording the villagers safety, and in return they keep her clean and well-fed. They have an entire culture revolving around looking after her, revering her in a similar fashion to a "Mother Earth" deity.
Oh, and here's a picture I've been working on:
Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Clipbo11
Thought I ought to bounce the idea off you guys before putting too much more effort into it.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 pm

So I uh, posted this to get feedback. Feedback? Plox?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Call her Sofia. And make sure the girls in that village are all named like cities.

Just BTW, unless a meal to her means thousands of giant predators, she doesn't have much business sleeping in. There are creatures out there that eat giant predators whole and alive, such as leviathan and kraken mermaids, flying squids, hydra trees... having her remember she has to eat from time to time might be a proper deterrent for any giant predators to follow any villagers there. She might suddenly remember she has to eat if you're too big for too long and too close to her.

If you really wanna make her huge beyond ludicrous [i.e. eats hydra trees and krakens], try elemental. It's easier to believe that an elemental isn't dying of starvation for being too big than an actual living being... or getting eaten by insects [I know you said she's got cultists combing her for lice, but 'till they got there, she needed something to keep these from getting too happy].
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I like the idea! Though as Stabs said you may want to make her a little more active of a huntress if you want to have her be a mega pred. Though if she was Magic Elemental she could; praticaly feed from Felarya's magical field as a secondary source like how Dryad's can rely on photosynthesis but mostly need big meals every now and then to sustain themselves. Also if you don't want her to have to disentangle that complex looking rope bridge and house bikini she seems to wearing I'd recommend either magicking up the buildings to defy gravity or making it so her hunting method so she can devour creatures without having to move. Several options for this. A variation on bellywarp, powerful wing magic, Magic Elemental's method is to drain their foes of all their magical energies then consume them usualy but I imagine they could manage all of these techniques really if they tried. Hope these help! ^_^ Good luck with Sofia or whatever her name is and I hope to visit her stometime XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parameciumkid started an idea thread.   Parameciumkid started an idea thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parameciumkid started an idea thread.
Page 1 of 1